Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

flexable good pay
direct sales (Former Employee), ENGJune 2, 2014
your own boss . reach your targets then everyone is happy. must be a people person
Challenging workplace sorrounded of talented people
Developer in Quant Rates Madrid (Current Employee), MadridMay 24, 2014
A typical day will include solving some support issues and bug fixes with our libraries, working along trading desks in new trades or tools and developing new models or extending the current ones.

Surronded by experienced and talented colleagues I learned in both, modelling and programing, getting new skills in producing professional pieces of code.
Not good
Fraud Liaison Advisor (Current Employee), newcastleMay 22, 2014
Pros: leaving at the end of the day
Cons: long hours, boring
Not too bad however management very biased, ethics in the work place unfair.
Flexible working hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Newmarket, ENGMay 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
I work on an ad hoc basis so cannot provide a full reveiw. However the hours work great for me, co-workers and managers are friendly and helpful.
Good place to learn
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFMay 14, 2014
Pros: recognition
Cons: low balance with personal life
Interaction with several areas, involvement in all the preocess
Stressful
Customer Service Tele relations (Current Employee), BradfordApril 23, 2014
Cons: too many
It is an extremely stressful place to work, no work/homelife balance.
The training is exceptionally bad, basically consists of someone reading something to you and looking at screen shots then you have to sign and say you have been trained in something.
Very unfair with shifts, should rotate from earlies to lates but 3 consecutive weeks of lates then – more... 1 early, 1 weekend off in 4, stress levels through the roof.
Extortionate prices in the canteen, cheaper going to a restaurant, no facilities for having a hot meal when you work all the time on a late, canteen closed from 3pm, also weekend working coffee machines mostly out of order so cannot even get hot drinks.
Then they wonder why they cannot retain staff, such a high turnover.
They really need to have a system training in place as the poor customer service and such bad reviews are all due to system training issues, nobody knows where to go on the system and looking at a screenshot does not give you the practical training and knowledge needed to deliver outstanding customer service.
Organised mayhem. – less
Good workplace overall
Local Business Manager (Current Employee), Redditch, ENGApril 17, 2014
A tenacious, communicative, highly motivated team player seeking fresh business opportunities and experiences within a new business development role, I will bring a wealth of experience with me from 15 years working within the business sector dealing with both the general public and specialising in business to business relationship building. Building – more... strong working relationships and exceeding expectations for both the client and business. – less
typical corporate entity
Personal Banking Consultant (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGApril 14, 2014
Pros: onsite parking and resturant
Cons: little support once placed in role
pretty much what you'd expect from a major high street bank. They provide the facilities and training to an excellent standard, however the management does not seem too concerned with continuing the training and support during your career. The salary is acceptable and bonuses are good if you can get them, they create so many areas where it makes it – more... difficult to achieve bonus unless you are perfect 100% of the time.

Advancement is very rare unless you know the right people, not always the best for the job, but if your face fits... Management structure was constantly changing and so there was no sustained period of time whereby the management style would stay consistent.

overall, a good company if you can look past the idea of progressing and are happy to look purely at the bottom line rather than job satisfaction. – less
santander
Abbey National Bank Cashier (Former Employee), londonApril 7, 2014
Pros: working with money learning the banking system
Cons: having to count large amounts of cash by hand if money counting machine no working
First port of call for customers and general members of public
High level of understanding for financial products and services to customers
Accepting cash deposits, disburse the withdrawal amount in cash, process loan
payments and many other money related transactions using a customised computer system
High knowledge of foreign currency regulations – more... and fees before carrying out foreign
currency exchanges
Processing of transactions like term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits and mail deposits
Performing credit checks opening, maintaining and ammending customer accounts – less
Large Organisation
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Royal Tunbridge Wells, ENGApril 3, 2014
I worked as a Personal Banking Adviser booking face to face appointments with clients to discuss their banking needs.
underpressure job
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee), Sevilla, ANApril 1, 2014
I had to keep the objetives up to date every day.I had learned how work under pressure on that time and how organized my work day in a competitive environment.The best part of the job was the great sensation of sign sales contract.The sales world is exciting.
valuable experience
Service Control Manager/ Branch Manager (Former Employee), londonMarch 24, 2014
Pros: secure job
Cons: stressful targets
good place to work but very stressful. Extremely high targets and very pressured working environments. Could pay a little better for the workload expected. Job security is very good.
focused and structured to deliver excellent service
Team Manager (Former Employee), milton keynesMarch 24, 2014
Pros: central location
Cons: can be stressful
Manage team, distribute work, manage volumes, KPI's, complaints, staff issues. People management is my key role, ensuring the staff are trained to deliver excellent results for the customer and the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to say well done, to recognise when a job is done well, good team work and customer satisfaction
This was a 2 week work experience course with my High school
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGMarch 21, 2014
i observed how the workings of a national bank. i was resricted in the tasks i could undertake as i not allowed to deal with any financal transations.
Fast Paced, Target orientated
Team Manager (Current Employee), Santander, Milton KeynesMarch 19, 2014
Pros: large company easy to relocate
Cons: difficult to progress
Santander is a great company to work for if you are planning on staying short term.

You can gain a lot of experience in any given area and as a company training and development is always accessible however progression is difficult within the company.

A typical day at work will involve performance management of my team, this may include team meetings – more... or buzz sessions, 121's, coaching or action plans, call monitoring RTW interviews as well as many other adhoc activities such as disciplinary's etc..

The hardest part of my job is likely to be consequential management or performance managing under performers who are failing to achieve due to de motivation or are unhappy within their role. For these people they and I know that the job is no longer for them so performance suffers. This has an impact not only on them but on the team. Unfortunately for me management still needs to be consistent in line with all staff and these people need to be performance managed through additional training, coaching, plans and hearings. This is very time consuming when we know the end result is unlikely to be a positive one. It takes away from the desirable members of staff who are enthusiastic and keen to learn and progress and put in the effort to achieve our common objectives.

The most enjoyable part of my job that gives the most satisfaction is identifying advisors who demonstrate all of the skills to progress into management. I have put forward many people from my team for mentor and management positions. 2 of which who are now working as management.

I am always happy to dedicate the time to those people who wish to learn from me in order to better their chances of progression. – less
Fun and rewarding place to work
Personal Banking Adviser - Fylde (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great pension scheme and also competitive bonus scheme
Cons: i found it hard to progress within the company
Santander was a great place to work. They offered a good basic salary and very good holidays, in addition to bank holidays. There was always a good, friendly atmosphere in the branch, and the training was also very thorough.
very busy reception area face to face and telephone based
Temp Administration assistant (Former Employee), bradfordMarch 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: flexible hours
This role was very busy, dealing with customers face to face and telephone.There was never a quiet moment
Mortgage Advisor
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee), BelfastMarch 10, 2014
Advising customers on their Mortgage products. The Management are great and so are other members of staff. The hardest psrt of my jobs is the wok life pressure. I enjoy the job as I like to help customers.
Diverse, friendly and busy environment
Personal Banker (promotion) (Current Employee), Bradford, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day consists of seeing at least 5 new or existing customers via appointments booked or customer request. Looking at ways in which we as a company can help that individual or family financially.

I learnt a lot about balancing the needs of the bank, the customer and myself. Which meant that we delivered excellent customer service whilst also – more... meeting targets.

Management tend to have worked their way up the ranks so are understanding of the pressures and difficulties we face. Therefore are also able to provide support and solutions.

Everyone works as a team and looks out for each other like family.

Hardest part of the job is having to turn customers down and tell them we are unable to help them.

Most enjoyable part is being able to help an individual or family become financially stable and realize their dreams. – less
not productive at all
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Bedford, ENGFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: meeting clients
Cons: no leadership in the team
Manager was not supportive at all. Went through a major personal experience had no support so had to leave the job which was a shame. Communicating with customers was brilliant trying to find a solution to their problems,