Grupo Santander Employee Reviews in United States

Overall a good company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Branch RetailAugust 6, 2013
A typical day starts with a Huddle, planning the day so everybody is aware of their objectives for the day and informing team of any new developments.

...and ends with a 'Cuddle' reviewing the day and achievements and learning from any issues.

Updating visual results

A min of 1 observation/ 1-2-1 meeting

An element of risk supervision

Leading by example and manning branch from the banking hall (for at least an hour daily).

Keeping the queues and transactions short and every body is customer facing at peak times during the day, during that period

Being available to speak and/or serve customers and ensuring they have a good experience throughout the day.

At least a 15 minute lunch break before 11.30 a.m or after 2pm

Reviewing plan for the following day/week.

I learnt that being observant, planning and leading by example is key.

Consistent communication with management.

Being approachable to co-workers and building essential relationships.

Hardest part was when job was mostly sales focused.

Most enjoyable part is the success derived from Succession Planning and knowing that good service is appreaciated.
Pros
opportunities to win rewards for service
Cons
working saturdays till 4pm!
A few great people but the bad outweigh all of the good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2013
Extremely political environment where job security is not based on merit but who you know and which side you play on.
Cons
internal politics, no work/life balance
Has its highs and lows
Front end team leader (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 20, 2013
Great place to work for a person with no family. I learned a bunch about myself as well as the job I do.
Pros
long breaks and lunch area
Cons
location and dialer
Banking
Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 9, 2013
Interact as accounts sales representative through Oriental Direct Call Center.
Provide information about account available in order to complete the sale process.
Support customer services department answering and filtering calls of service to be transferred once the customer services representative is available to answer
Teller
Teller/Services Representative Official (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRApril 11, 2013
Service Client, post transactions, work to a lot of money, attended clients
Horrible place to work
BE Collection (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 17, 2013
This job was absolutely horrible, it is a 3rd party collection agency, there was a LOT of DIRTY politics, back stabbing by Management and Senior Management, I was part of a group that was transferred from Citifinancial, and Citi should be ashamed at themselves for letting such a degrading and unprofessional group take over their accounts, NO MORALS, harrassing customers, set them up for failure on their loans...I had to leave because of the behavior this company demonstrated and expected us to do also...I was making great money from being transferred from Citi, and left to make half of what I was making in order to escape this place. I have emails from management asking me if I could find them prescription drugs in the office....SICKENING
Cons
time bathroom breaks, write ups for not making your numbers, no proper training, no room to advance, complete sweat shop, treated like "big brother" is watching you
Company is growing in US
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2013
The company has become more retail in the US and less commercial
Pros
benefits salary
Cons
too retail
Dallas Corporate Marketing Department
Marketing Contributor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2013
This crew is a joke. The VP of Marketing doesn't even know how to compute a percentage change from baseline to change. Considering that is middle school math and this guy's position is as high as it is with a large company it's sad.

This incompetency spreads throughout the organization and department heads are just as ignorant. Their style is to hire vendors for everything because they don't know what to do and the vendors tell them how to do their jobs. I've never seen anything like this before.

The analyst will then tell the department heads how the vendors are doing and that is the only insight they have on how the company is performing. They typically lose about 100% of all $ invested in obtaining a return.
Pros
if you're looking for a free ride and an easy paycheck this is the place
Cons
if you're looking to excel, grow and thrive in this environment, then you'll be sorely disappointed.
Excellent workplace environment with excellent career opportunities and benefits.
AVP Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2012
Santander is a great place to work. The wide range of backgrounds, the excellent management and training opportunities help you to establish an interesting and rewarding career. Each employee enjoys a competitive salary and participation in bonus , as well as benefits.

A typical day at work was to support high-level executives creating efficient working environment. Receive, screen and handle all incoming media, public relations, and investor relations queries and requests both internally and externally. Coordinate conferences and roadshows.Organize agenda for top management. I enjoyed research using various multimedia databases, as well as the opportunity to build strong relationships with coworkers, media and clients.
Pros
very good healthcare benefits
Clusters of different industries
Intern (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDSeptember 13, 2012
Collaborated and assisted Project Directors. Researched and identified acquisition / merger opportunities with an strategic view for
various number of companies.
Working with People
Personal Banking Representative, Sovereign (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAAugust 13, 2012
During a typical day at Grupo Santander in the U.S., you get a great opportunity to work one on one with the general public and local community.
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees
Skiptracer / Collector (Current Employee) –  Centennial COJuly 20, 2012
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
bad work environment, no opportunity for advancement
Good job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2012
contact customers to arrange and take payment on past due auto loans
Pros
half days on some sat. and one through the week
Cons
timed bathroom breaks
An average place to work
Mass Affluent Segment Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2012
A fast paced environment that requires frequent changes of direction.
Pros
generous vacation policy
Cons
multiple layers of middle management, lack of empowerment
productive work place with great benifits
Customer service/Auto Collector (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2012
a typical day as work was a fast pace enviroment which i spoe with hostile customers. Had to collect on auto accounts which were thirty to ninety days pass due,was required to meet daily and monthly and weekly goals. The most enjoyable thing was the coworkers the managment and events at the job
Terrible attitude towards their employees.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cobalt BusinessJune 4, 2012
The general attitude of the management is poor. The training provided is incredibly helpful, I will admit, and only added to the IT skills I already possessed. The job itself would have been fairly straightforward if it weren't for the attitude of the company itself. I'm now paying them back for an overpayment they issued me, while I had taken leave from work due to stress, anxiety and depression. They offered no support in repaying them, only interested in reclaiming the money they mistakenly paid into my account.

When I ended my employment with them, they again overpaid me and this time informed me I was entitled to the money they paid me. Later they told me otherwise.

Very poorly run company, it ruins any and all enjoyment you could get out of the job and now thanks to them I'm in debt and repaying money I should never have been told was mine.
Pros
easy work, good pay.
Cons
terrible management leading to mistakes that cost, lack of care for their employees.
Organized and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 2, 2012
It was a short-term internship where I discovered I wanted to be part of a more dynamic and creative team. I most enjoyed working in the different languages I know and helping to translate documents and liaise with the Spanish team of Grupo Santander.
Great company.
Back-End Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work is focusing on providing excellent customer service. I have learned how to handling different situations dealing with customers and providing assistance. I truly enjoy working with my coworkers and management as they are knowledgeable and always willing to assist whenever possible. The teamwork exemplified is a great addition to the atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is accepting that I am not able to help everyone regardless of how much I would like to. The job in itself is a great job and I truly enjoy the people I work with and the satisfaction I get with providing great customer service and being a driving force in assisting the compnay in revenue earnings.
Fast pace working environment never a dull moment
Collection and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2012
I had the privlege of speaking to different people all over the United States. I enjoyed helping with payment arrangements, and easing the customers mind that everything with their vehicle was going to be ok.
Pros
working environment, catered lunch, wonderful management
Cons
short breaks, and computer system was out dated.
Sales & close Mortgage loans.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 18, 2012
Analysis of customer’s credit scores and status for mortgage loans. Responsible for prepared documents for origination. Perform as a key liaison between customer and processing of closing department. Responsible for explain to customers the terms of the loan.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grupo Santander. Our community is ready to answer.