Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

hated the place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), hxJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: dont think there is any!
Cons: rude management
i was there for 6 months, hated it, the co workers werent exactly friendly. the managers were rude and didnt really care much about staff except hitting targets.
Fun work place
Data Administrator (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good eating facility
Cons: felxibale hours
Very excellent benefits and competitive salary

great lively environment to work for.
Customer Services Administrator (Former Employee), Bradford HeadofficeJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good working hours and breaks. excellent staff and managers. well organised.
Cons: not same as abbey. santander are money hungary and first thing they did was remove overtimes, increased canteen prices etc.
I enjoyed working at Santander. Joined when it was still abbey and worked throughout till it became Santander and things turned bad once takeover was complete. Lots of customer complaints, expensive canteen, less overtime etc.
friendly place to work
Insurance Claims Advisor (Former Employee), bradfordJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: staff members, location
Cons: late hours
I enjoyed working at Santander mostly because of the people I worked with, they were friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome from the first day. There was always someone I could consult with if I wasn't sure on what decision to make on a claim and if I still needed further assistance my manager would always be there to help and would explain why – more... they have made the decision they did to help me learn. Whilst working there I leant how to deal with customers with empathy and I feel this helped me make the best decisions on how to deal with their claims.
When I first started working in insurance I found it hard to deal with irate customers and would take their words to heart and this upset me but as I gained experience I learnt how to remain professional and understood the reasons why they were angry. – less
fun
Banking (Former Employee), BradfordDecember 30, 2013
Very Good and fun work place at santander people are amazing to work with
challenging
Collections Associate (Former Employee), North ShieldsDecember 26, 2013
enjoyed working in a call centre, however this job was quite monotomus
customer service assistant
Customer service cashier (Former Employee), Chatham, ENGDecember 9, 2013
Pros: dealing with the public on a daily basis
Cons: hard sell of banking products in the midst of a recession
to deal with all customer inquiry's, payments and up selling of banking products, as well as major cash handling tasks.
good work enviroment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good work colleagues
Cons: ok until santander took over (was national and provincial building society)
Able to move around company to gain experience that would normally meant changing jobs
Productive and proactive fast paced workplace
Personal Banking Manager (Current Employee), East SussexDecember 2, 2013
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: being a small fish in a big pond
Typical day consists of 8.30 until 5.30 day every other saturday.
Maintenance of ATM's, team meetings, self business generation, attending appointments.
Working to own initiative also as park of a team. Hardest part of the role is dealing with customer detailed complaints, most enjoyable being interacting with a wide variety of people providing excellent – more... service. – less
OK
Associate - Corporate Strategy (Former Employee), MadridNovember 13, 2013
Not bad for a career start.
Great work life balance
Great job security
Poor management
Poor development opportunities
Varied roles across the Banking Sector
Financial Advisor Supervisor (Former Employee), NorthNovember 12, 2013
Pros: excellent products
Cons: not excellent on customer service
Good place to work.
Excellent products.
Complex IT processess
a fun place to work good atmosphere friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), BradfordOctober 21, 2013
Pros: discount at nandos
I would work 9am to 5pm I would have 1hour lunch which I could take anytime in between 12pm and 2pm, I could take a few 5minuite breaks throughout the day.

All management and staff where friendly and helpful I could get along with everyone even all the canteen staff and cleaners.

there wasn't a hardest part of the job my targets where very achievable – more... I never had a hard time hitting any of the targets given.

I enjoyed working for Santander it was very calm and had a good atmosphere and I got along with everyone whom I worked with. – less
Productive and rewarding
Intern (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGOctober 21, 2013
Pros: professionalism
Cons: tight office
During my internship my duties involved observing the relationship between the Branch Manager and a Personal Banking Adviser, observing conference calls between the branch manager and other external parties, analysing the performance of Santander Brighton vs. other branches in the region, providing the ultimate retail banking experience through customer – more... service to existing and potential customers and conducting research on a chosen area.

I learn so much in a short space of time. The most important thing I learnt was that as a leader you have to find that balance between being professional and friendly with co-workers at the same time in order to meet business objectives.

I hardly struggled with any task as I found myself being perfectly competent to complete all tasks.

The most enjoyable part was analyzing the performance of the bank and assessing whether the objectives were being met. – less
Very lively competitive atmosphere
HR/Accounts & Auditing (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 16, 2013
Pros: got to travel
Cons: dealing with all kinds of personalities.
I was part of 25 team working my way up to VP. It was very challenging and no two day were ever the same.
Ok
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Telford, ENGOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good interaction with customers, comprehensive training
Cons: very sales orientated, difficult if you have no prior knowledge of financial services
typical day involves seeing customers and reviewing account and selling santander products. Although the companies values are Simple, Personal and Fair they are far off the mark regarding their in branch set up. Appointments are only available for people who want a loan, credit card or current account if a customer should want anything else they are – more... asked to use the online facility or over the phone which is something that does not fit in with their Personal and Fair motto. The role is very customer facing so you do get a lot of interaction with customers which is the most enjoyable part of the job however if you are more customer service focused than sales focused it is difficult to sell products to customer who wish for a simple review of their accounts. – less
Challenging but low pay
Consultant (Current Employee), London, ENGSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: challenging, office location
Cons: pay
Good place to learn and gain experience. However, salary is lower compared to competitors.
fun and friendly
Work Experience- shop assistant (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: unorginised
Everyday I learned new things about how a bank works.
the employees were friendly and easy to talk too which made the day go by faster.
the hardest part of the job was the paperwork. endless sorting.
Data Entry Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Bootle, ENGAugust 25, 2013
Pros: great working hours
Cons: lack of leadership from management team.
Going into work, logging onto the system, collecting work from another department to be processed and sorting the work into batches. Keying in all of the individual information held on the cheques into the system and authorising the payment if the funds were available, if it wasn't the cheques were returned to the relevant bank. Management lacked the – more... ability to manage all team members equally and successfully. Some team members were very hard working but unfortunately the minority were not. The hardest part of the job was working to the relevant time scales to get the work correlated and ready to dispatch to the relevant banks within the banking day time scales. Most enjoyable part of the job was the few members of the team who were a joy to work with. – less
productive and fun place to work
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton on teessAugust 23, 2013
Taking inbound calls and selling insurances and deal with general mortgage enquiries
interesting
Administration (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGAugust 9, 2013
Pros: learn new task all the time
Cons: n/a
was a new experience for me as I had never worked in a bank before but was fun learning all the new tasks and meeting a wide range of people