Grupo Santander Employee Reviews

Working with People
Personal Banking Representative, Sovereign (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAAugust 13, 2012
During a typical day at Grupo Santander in the U.S., you get a great opportunity to work one on one with the general public and local community.
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees
Skiptracer / Collector (Current Employee) –  Centennial COJuly 20, 2012
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
bad work environment, no opportunity for advancement
Good job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2012
contact customers to arrange and take payment on past due auto loans
Pros
half days on some sat. and one through the week
Cons
timed bathroom breaks
An average place to work
Mass Affluent Segment Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2012
A fast paced environment that requires frequent changes of direction.
Pros
generous vacation policy
Cons
multiple layers of middle management, lack of empowerment
productive work place with great benifits
Customer service/Auto Collector (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2012
a typical day as work was a fast pace enviroment which i spoe with hostile customers. Had to collect on auto accounts which were thirty to ninety days pass due,was required to meet daily and monthly and weekly goals. The most enjoyable thing was the coworkers the managment and events at the job
Terrible attitude towards their employees.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cobalt BusinessJune 4, 2012
The general attitude of the management is poor. The training provided is incredibly helpful, I will admit, and only added to the IT skills I already possessed. The job itself would have been fairly straightforward if it weren't for the attitude of the company itself. I'm now paying them back for an overpayment they issued me, while I had taken leave from work due to stress, anxiety and depression. They offered no support in repaying them, only interested in reclaiming the money they mistakenly paid into my account.

When I ended my employment with them, they again overpaid me and this time informed me I was entitled to the money they paid me. Later they told me otherwise.

Very poorly run company, it ruins any and all enjoyment you could get out of the job and now thanks to them I'm in debt and repaying money I should never have been told was mine.
Pros
easy work, good pay.
Cons
terrible management leading to mistakes that cost, lack of care for their employees.
Organized and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 2, 2012
It was a short-term internship where I discovered I wanted to be part of a more dynamic and creative team. I most enjoyed working in the different languages I know and helping to translate documents and liaise with the Spanish team of Grupo Santander.
Great company.
Back-End Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work is focusing on providing excellent customer service. I have learned how to handling different situations dealing with customers and providing assistance. I truly enjoy working with my coworkers and management as they are knowledgeable and always willing to assist whenever possible. The teamwork exemplified is a great addition to the atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is accepting that I am not able to help everyone regardless of how much I would like to. The job in itself is a great job and I truly enjoy the people I work with and the satisfaction I get with providing great customer service and being a driving force in assisting the compnay in revenue earnings.
Fast pace working environment never a dull moment
Collection and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2012
I had the privlege of speaking to different people all over the United States. I enjoyed helping with payment arrangements, and easing the customers mind that everything with their vehicle was going to be ok.
Pros
working environment, catered lunch, wonderful management
Cons
short breaks, and computer system was out dated.
Sales & close Mortgage loans.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 18, 2012
Analysis of customer’s credit scores and status for mortgage loans. Responsible for prepared documents for origination. Perform as a key liaison between customer and processing of closing department. Responsible for explain to customers the terms of the loan.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 12, 2012
customer service, every day we learn new things. to dealing with clients and their needs, helps them with their transactions, check cashing, deposits, etc.
Excellent employer with real opportunities for professional growth.
Preferred Banking Executive (Current Employee) –  San Patricio Tower, Guaynabo, Puerto RicoDecember 10, 2011
Santander is a prestigious bank where there are many opportunities for advancement. Santander Bank is constantly training employees, creating sales strategies workshops and professional development. I am very grateful for all the opportunities I've had. I grew professionally and gained experiences that will be useful for achieving my goals.