Recruiter, Tampa, FL - October 27, 2016
Spend most of the day answering inbound calls from workers seeking employment. 90% of your job is answering phone calls (staffing company). The other 10% included saving resumes, certifications, employee docs, and other sensitive information to worker's profile. Sending emails and communicating with workers on through multiple mediums. I learned the tenacity and ferocity of the hustle of finding work for hundreds of people across the country. I saw first hand at work the every day driving factors that push those who do their jobs to do them well. I learned how to identify different levels of skill and expertise for available positions and how to weed out those who were not qualified for said positions. My co-workers all had a comfortable relationship with one another without any in office conflicts while I was present and management works hard to ensure office procedures run smoothly; though sometimes that can seem very strict and up-tight, they do have a business to run. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry phone calls and jumping right into another one without carrying over that lingering negativity from the previous call. Also, there's a lot of criticism that floats around the office, some constructive, some could be worded better but it's all in attempts to make sure you're doing your job well and properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you're helping someone find work to take care of their families. I learned that almost all construction work is temporary and once the job is finished they are out of a job with no more income. It's hard to support a family all year round without a steady source of income.