GSD&M Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Account M anager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2016
Great company. Learned a lot about advertising and marketing. The culture and people are about "work hard and play hard."
Can be fun but can burn you out
account (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Pleasant at times. Good people in a good space and location. Hard to move up with a top heavy archaic agency model and hierarchy.
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2015
The high-level managers at GSD&M really truly care about everyone's happiness and work-life balance. They take many factors into consideration when promoting or moving employees to different teams and care about all the input you can share.
Fun place to work
Invoice Auditor (Former Employee) –  DowntownApril 10, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at GSD&M. There are lots of fun activities planned for employees and they are great about balancing work and time off. Once you are in a certain department though, it is not as easy as they say to move to or gain experience in another department. There are also some micromanagement issues that don't necessarily vibe with their core values though I'm sure that doesn't apply in all departments. All in all, it's a great place to work and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to work in the advertising world.
Pros
Great people, great location, very fun work environment
Cons
micromanagment issues
Awesome agency with great company culture
Account Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2013
GSD&M is an amazing, full-service Advertising agency located right in the heart of Austin, TX. Situated right on west 6th street, the agency is within walking distance of Whole Foods, along with some very trendy/hip bars for happy hour after work hours. Everyone at the agency works extremely hard and are very skilled at what they do so don't expect to get by here if you aren't a hard-worker or if you aren't very passionate about your client. GSD&M is filled with a very diverse group of people and the agency culture is very laid-back.
Pros
free food around office, great location, awesome people, great culture
Cons
late work hours
Fun Work Environment
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Takes pride in their work culture, but needs to have a better training program. You also have to be very proactive to even get annual reviews.
Very inviting and fun workplace. Professional but informal.
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2012
A very well organized company. Demonstrates the importance of teamwork. Everyone seems to be connected, wether it be interns and executives or mail room workers and receptionists.
Great Company
Desktop Support and Information Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2014
I had the opportunity to work for this company and I never regretted working for them. work environment is just too awesome, friendly staffs and the facilities are top-notch. Young and energetic people. My team was so great and friendly, they gave me the opportunity to learn and network with other staffs.
Pros
everything is great
Cons
minimum wage for interns, but you learn more from your team
Best Creative team in the world
Enterprise Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2014
My experience at GSD&M was phenomenal. I had the honor of working with some of the most creative, talented, and ambitious people in the industry.

I learned so much during my time there, and I now possess the knowledge and wherewithal to start my own IT consulting business and confidently assert my candidacy for any job I desire.
Pros
people, flexibility, creative energy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSD&M. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3