GSE Environmental Employee Reviews

easy work place
Material Handler II warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
very easy job good work place i learned how to work all machine from little to big i learned how to use the overhead crane also the forklift also very good
GSE Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
Stress free environment where everyone worked as team to get their assignment completed. Plenty of overtime with a decent entry level pay rate with plenty room for growth and improvement.
Pros
Self supervision
Cons
rotating schedule
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Conducive workplace, very good and respectful workers. Safety is a top priority at GSE Environmental. We are always encouraged to work together as team members.
Too many temporary employees with not enough hands on experience.
Lead Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
A typical day insisted of changing geomembrane rolls and changing resin recipes. I learned a lot about the process of manufacturing the rolls. My coworkers were very new to the job and so a lot of process and safety training was needed. The hardest part of my job was having to help more of the employees than I could possibly handle while still doing my job to company satisfaction. I enjoyed the interaction with management and their involvement with trying to make GSE a better place to work at.
easy going
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2016
very friendly environment
nice staff
great hours
holiday pay, great benefits
willing to help learn and advance in employment
Good people. Little room for advancement.
engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Its a friendly environment, with a tight knit group of people, whom are very welcoming. However the employees are left out of the loop of how the company is doing, since the bankruptcy. There has been a pay freeze, essentially for the past 5 years. I dont believe anyone has gotten a raise.
Since bankruptcy no longer the place to be
Sr Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2015
Low pay for the people doing all the work. That is the people running the machines to make the product. Since the bankruptcy when all the people who knew what was going and actually cared about the employees left it has been a crazy place to work. And it's a shame used to be a great place. Management could care less.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
After 28 years no longer a good place to be.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
GSE has been such a large part of my life for 28 years now. After the bankruptcy it is no longer a family atmosphere now that so many people have left the company.
GSE is a great place to work for.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  SCApril 9, 2015
At GSE I learn team work, and making the best product that fit the customer bill, there's alot of great and determine employee here,working with this company really gave me movation to try to move on an do something defferent.
Great people, poor management
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2013
People from GSE in general are hard working individual, but the management turned this place a very toxic place to work.
Poor Manager
Human Resource Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
Terrible manager though he is no longer there. Located in Houston
Productive and Fun Workplace with Motivated Individuals
Global Operations and Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 2, 2013
My responsibilities included the analysis and logistical scrutiny of the complete manufacture and global product-ready processes. Under my supervision the health of each plant was measured against a dynamic cost-benefit formula.

Company is very driven and expects the same from the employees. Sometimes hours were very long, but everyone worked together and worked well together. Team focused company with a bright outlook on the future.
Pros
Colleagues
Productive and gained experience in a Factory atmosphere.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2013
I produced the payroll on a Weekly basis which consisted of starting the process every Monday am and completing by Wednesday close of busineess. At the beginning of my employment I processed the Weekly and the Semi Monthly payroll. This was a challenge for the first five months of my employment but was accomplished successfully. GSE provided a new experience which was working in a Factory atmosphere. The company was very diverse which gave a great challenge when assisting and building wonderful rapports with the employees.
Pros
Busy daily and learning new tasks.
Cons
Somewhat unorganized.
GSE is an innovator in the field of GeoTextiles
Tax Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2013
GSE is creating and selling innovative and useful products that protect the environment.
Everything from the work to the staff is great.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2012
The people at the company are great everyone helps each other and the hrs are great as well safety is gold here which is good for the company but most of all for us workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSE Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.

GSE Environmental Reviews by Location