GSF Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Mentally Draining
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 28, 2016
Employee morale was very low at this company. Management was very rude from the first day I started. I left this company for this reason and would not consider returning. Management also does not respond to request for verification of employment. I have lost job offers because they could not verify my employment with this company.
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 28, 2016
Unfortunately, the Wyoming economy has taken a downturn and therefore there wasn't enough production to sustain an office any more. Management was very helpful and encouraging. The system is slick for remote employees.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
unable to advance
BAD turn times and pricing as soon as they get busy they are 8 days in uw
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic, IAMarch 25, 2016
I was with them for over 2 years NEVER made a closing date on time - they hold back a lot on the back end and the new management in place tries to pressure you into pushing but will not help get things done, they SQC things but then come back with prelim conditions that should have been caught before it went to uw. then if they ge busy THEY ALWAYS GET TO 8 days for uderwriting even when they are not that busy. They make excuses for not paying all your branch expenses, even though you put the money in your p/l.

They connstantly change policy after you start working there even i you never agree to it. The original management when I started was great, but after last summer things started going down hill -
Productive and fun workplace
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 4, 2015
GSF is a very flexible company to work for. They are extremly pro-family and believe that their employees should have a life outside of the corporation. I have learned a termendous amount regarding licensing of Originators, Branches, and Corporate.
Great work place
Office Coordinator- Administrative AssistantG (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 6, 2015
My days there were filled with variety from problem solving to ordering supplies to payroll. This was a very enjoyable component of the position in which I was able to thrive. The position allowed me to wear different hats. I enjoyed the people as well as upper management. I implemented monthly birthday celebrations and on-boarding procedures. Management allowed me the flexibility needed to help foster employee morale.The most challenging was having to chase employees down to meet our payroll deadlines.
Pros
generous vacation time
Cons
high cost of healthcare for loan officers but this is standard for business
Innovative and Success Driven Company
On Boarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 13, 2014
GSF provides all of the tools and training needed to make you successful at your business. Not only do I have a great team that gets better everyday, everyone is friendly and willing to help to get the job done. When we aren't working hard we play hard. GSF provides opportunities to volunteer in the community and have fun together.
Pros
Friday lunches, innovative software, diverse products, great marketing team
GSF Mortgage is a family-like environment
Content and Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 12, 2014
GSF Mortgage has a family-like environment, which makes coming to work everyday enjoyable. We have branches throughout the United States and even though we have not met many of them, they are still like family to us.

Management is always willing to help and works around the clock to make each person successful.They have implemented an onboarding team to assure a smooth transition for new employees. To balance work and life, they plan company events throughout the year: baseball games, charity events and a holiday party. Above all, the always show how much they appreciate their employees.
Pros
friendly staff, constant communication, holiday party, baseball games, charity events
Proud to work for GSF
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 12, 2014
While working most of my mortgage career with GSF, I have learned so much. The support I feel with GSF is unmatched to any company I've ever worked for. The management listens and cares about how we feel and what we need to be successful. I feel confident coming to work everyday knowing I work for an honest and sincere company.
Technical Skills Required
IT and Technical Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 12, 2014
This company is obsessed with staying ahead of the curve in new technology. They keep you challenged to learn the newest ways to keep customers happy with the long process of getting a mortgage. Also, using the newest techniques in marketing.
Hard worker but no compensation for it
Staff (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 9, 2015
This company is family orientated. When it comes to compensation they don't give raises in fact most aren't given raises for years. They have the kind of work ethic where they will give and give you more work and just expect you to do it without any acknowledgement.

Management is very unprofessional they swear and yell. They have no respect for employees because everyone is replaceable. If you work hard and not expect to be paid or acknowledged then you will stay with the company a long time. The Managers don't communicate or understand each role within the company they just make changes not realizing the consequences.

The only good thing about this company is they do family events and holiday parties.

If you are looking to be paid well or appreciated for your job then this is not the company for you. If you keep your head down and grow a back bone to deal with the Management then this is the company for you.
Pros
Family Events
Cons
Management does not respect employees and swears a lot
Fantastic company culture & strong marketing support
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 11, 2014
My experience with GSF began in February of 2012 after having been in the mortgage industry going on 12 years and having been with the same lender for the last 8. I had grown accustomed to a certain company culture, a very negative one, that I felt was very common to the mortgage industry as a whole. A complete lack of support, a feeling of apartness and distrust, and no sense that anyone cared at all for your success. To say the least, this had a direct impact on the both the quantity and quality of business being done.

Looking for a change, I found GSF and again figured it would be business as usual. I’m happy to say that I was completely wrong. I found a smaller company that proved to be innovative yet maintained a traditional company culture, one of support, trust, and recognition, the feeling that you are a part of a team. I was told GSF would help me to succeed and grow my business as much as I chose to, and they delivered. I feel confident in GSF’s long term success as a leading mortgage lender and am very proud to be a part of it.
Pros
Transparency, strong marketing support, integrity
Good training
Branch Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILMarch 26, 2013
one on one training
good compensation
always up on latest technology in mortgage industry
Pros
great office support
Government Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 22, 2013
Busy work place. Allot of email communication. Good Management.
Pros
Remote Location
Cons
Communication
Dynamic and cutting edge
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 12, 2014
Great place to work. Lots of support. Technology savvy company.
manager
30.00 (Current Employee) –  pahokeeJanuary 1, 2015
I lean to be a good management I lean to got my I feed my mom and and I get
Pros
hot dog
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSF Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2