GSF Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PANovember 9, 2017
I have been an employee with GSF for almost 2 years. GSF does a great job of making their employees feel apart of a team. They listen to your concerns and ideas. The communication between corporate, managers, and LO's is great. I enjoy working for GSF and look forward to the many years to come!
Pros
Wonderful Benefits, Great Environment, Wonderful Leadership
Cons
IT might take a min to get back in touch with you
Great company to work for!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2017
GSF Mortgage, Inc. has a very family oriented team culture. Everyone works with the same goal in mind and "Owns the Loan". The management teams, support staff, loan programs, rates and service levels are unsurpassed in the industry. Go GSF!!!
GSF Mortgage has a Great Team Atmosphere!
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 9, 2017
GSF Mortgage has some of the best marketing tools in the business to help the loan officers close loans. They have a well trained support staff that is always available to answer questions and to help close loans.The excellence starts at the top and is consistent all the way down the line.You could not ask for a better team!
Pros
Just a Great Work Environment!
it was nice
IT and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 12, 2017
IT WAS ALRIGHT, and the people were great. I enjoyed working there some of the upper management was really frustrating to work for but that is life I suppose.
Awesome company ran by amazing leaders
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeAugust 31, 2017
As a young professional fresh out of college, GSF Mortgage and its Management have made the transition into the mortgage industry seamless. I had very little to no knowledge about the mortgage industry when I was hired. GSF helped provide enough training to start from ground zero. I am now competing with some of the companies most seasoned Loan originators in just 12 short months.
Pros
Amazing support Staff, Flexibility, and Great Leaders
Cons
Haven't noticed one negative thing about this company
Fun environment, great management
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 31, 2017
Coming into the industry right out of college, I was provided with the best training and was paired with one of our regional admins to help train as well. Since I had no experience in sales, I visited other branches to see how they spoke on the phone to help myself become better while speaking on the phone. I really cannot say enough great things about this company and every individual. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you along the way. I do not think i would be as successful as i am if i went with another company.
Great Enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 3, 2017
GSF is a great place to work with even better employees. Very diverse workplace that is always adapting to changes. Every month the entire company has a conference call where anyone and anyone can voice their opinion and issues are immediately addressed by the upper management. Not to mention cookouts every Friday, baseball games and concerts. Definitely the best place i have ever worked. Also the only place that i have ever worked that has a wall of trophies in the reception area. Best place to work awards year after year, nationally recognized as one of the top workplaces, signed letters from state officials. GSF is a great place to work and lots of people know it.
Pros
too many things to count.
Cons
nothing really comes to mind. Great employer
Awesome Company taking Over!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2017
This Company is Relentless at getting to a Yes for All of your Loan needs. They have very little to no overlays on all of their loan programs, for those who qualify. They are a direct Agencies Direct seller/servicer.
Pros
Free Appraisal for Finance First and their Serve & Support Benefit Program Discounts!
Cons
Too far to be able to visit everyday.
lacked diversification to adapt to changing economy
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 7, 2017
good relaxed work environment;
good company for self starters who thrive in a work setting with little training and direction given;
management was not prepared for changing financial markets
GSF Mortgage
Mortgage Originator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 14, 2017
It's a decent company but their leadership and direction seems rudderless. Management is constantly creating new programs but they typically seem rushed out into the marketplace. Often lacking clearly defined procedures for using the programs.
Pros
The have a decent support staff
Gsf
Loan Officer/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 15, 2017
Unfortunately, GSF is a business that claims to value great concepts such as excellence, accountability, respect, and integrity yet they lack the basic industry standard in training demands. The administrators try to be as proactive and helpful as they can yet there is no developed training program and Loan Officers are left picking up the pieces after submitting sloppy files that go through a rigmarole in processing; a system that is like a house with punch holes covered by flowery wallpaper. It's a fake it til you make it deal and if you are too opinionated then sadly you just don't make the cut and they have no problem letting you go without a second thought to your family even if you have young children.
Their corporate video claiming to be a family and to grow to a position you love is smooth talk equivalent to the high school senior with no future schmoozing a freshman to the prom. You may have a lifetime of brilliance to offer yet they are only interested in you showing your respect and staying in your place. My suggestion is to stay away from corporate. They've got a lock and sealed system that is only driven by one or two brilliant and hard working individuals, the rest are either skating along praying they are next on the chopping block or they are basking in the fake glory designed in their own head.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
The chief operations officer is a liar.
Admin Assistant Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 1, 2016
I had a hard time understanding my bosses expectations of me. But good people to work with for the most part. My boss did a good job of introducing all the employees to each other.
Mentally Draining
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 28, 2016
Employee morale was very low at this company. Management was very rude from the first day I started. I left this company for this reason and would not consider returning. Management also does not respond to request for verification of employment. I have lost job offers because they could not verify my employment with this company.
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 28, 2016
Unfortunately, the Wyoming economy has taken a downturn and therefore there wasn't enough production to sustain an office any more. Management was very helpful and encouraging. The system is slick for remote employees.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
unable to advance
BAD turn times and pricing as soon as they get busy they are 8 days in uw
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic, IAMarch 25, 2016
I was with them for over 2 years NEVER made a closing date on time - they hold back a lot on the back end and the new management in place tries to pressure you into pushing but will not help get things done, they SQC things but then come back with prelim conditions that should have been caught before it went to uw. then if they ge busy THEY ALWAYS GET TO 8 days for uderwriting even when they are not that busy. They make excuses for not paying all your branch expenses, even though you put the money in your p/l.

They connstantly change policy after you start working there even i you never agree to it. The original management when I started was great, but after last summer things started going down hill -
Productive and fun workplace
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 4, 2015
GSF is a very flexible company to work for. They are extremly pro-family and believe that their employees should have a life outside of the corporation. I have learned a termendous amount regarding licensing of Originators, Branches, and Corporate.
Great work place
Office Coordinator- Administrative AssistantG (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 6, 2015
My days there were filled with variety from problem solving to ordering supplies to payroll. This was a very enjoyable component of the position in which I was able to thrive. The position allowed me to wear different hats. I enjoyed the people as well as upper management. I implemented monthly birthday celebrations and on-boarding procedures. Management allowed me the flexibility needed to help foster employee morale.The most challenging was having to chase employees down to meet our payroll deadlines.
Pros
generous vacation time
Cons
high cost of healthcare for loan officers but this is standard for business
Hard worker but no compensation for it
Staff (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 9, 2015
This company is family orientated. When it comes to compensation they don't give raises in fact most aren't given raises for years. They have the kind of work ethic where they will give and give you more work and just expect you to do it without any acknowledgement.

Management is very unprofessional they swear and yell. They have no respect for employees because everyone is replaceable. If you work hard and not expect to be paid or acknowledged then you will stay with the company a long time. The Managers don't communicate or understand each role within the company they just make changes not realizing the consequences.

The only good thing about this company is they do family events and holiday parties.

If you are looking to be paid well or appreciated for your job then this is not the company for you. If you keep your head down and grow a back bone to deal with the Management then this is the company for you.
Pros
Family Events
Cons
Management does not respect employees and swears a lot
manager
30.00 (Current Employee) –  pahokeeJanuary 1, 2015
I lean to be a good management I lean to got my I feed my mom and and I get
Pros
hot dog
Innovative and Success Driven Company
On Boarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 13, 2014
GSF provides all of the tools and training needed to make you successful at your business. Not only do I have a great team that gets better everyday, everyone is friendly and willing to help to get the job done. When we aren't working hard we play hard. GSF provides opportunities to volunteer in the community and have fun together.
Pros
Friday lunches, innovative software, diverse products, great marketing team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSF Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2