GSP Employee Reviews

We help make retail better!
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 31, 2017
This job was fun because I could use my counting skills and observational skills.
This job is located inside a warehouse, where there are giant cutting and printing machines that print out retail signs. They also sold other items, besides signs, that's why GSP no longer stands for General Screen Printing, it is now just GSP.
There is 3 GSP's located in the United States that ship all around to other states.
I worked at a quick pace to count and check signs making sure they were good, and make sure there's enough product. I also would tape signs, requiring the use of a blade.
Once everything was checked and organized, ready to be shipped, everyone would gather around the table in a line, and pull, pack, and ship all of these signs.
The only down fall to this job is there was no plan. When everyone would gather around the table, they would start their own "groove", in which all the last employees gathering around the table, would then have to follow.
The consistency of the pack line was never consistent, which lead to a lot of frustration and lag.
Also, the job was hard, we would work sometimes as much as 12 hour days, 7 days a week. A lot of my life was spent working here, though I did really enjoy the people I got to see everyday.
Pros
Frequent breaks, Laid Back
Cons
Unorganized, Pay
Stressful Workplace with constant employee turn around
Team Lead/Silkscreen Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Provo,UtahNovember 6, 2016
Typical day would be getting there on time and getting to my station and set up to go.Checking out what had been done the day prior to my shift,than either continuing the job in motion or starting a job from scratch.I learned how to run a clamshell printing press,read production orders,quality control,packaging and shipping out on time.Management was awful,employees were treated with disrespect and were required to commit 24 hours to the company at the companies will with very little notice(say 30 minutes before shift ended they would tell you,you had to stay,even though you have already worked a 10 hour shift and have children to get home to)or tell you at the end of your night shift of 10 hours that your switching to days the next morning(at least once a month this would happen)nobody was exempt from this requirement which makes any life outside of the company difficult.I believe this has changed in the last year though(3rd shift introduced)I loved my co-workers,they were amazing people with a great drive.Hardest part of my job was if my screens were stretched out,aligning my images properly.We were required to use duct tape and or burn a new screen to get it to line up properly(time consuming and had to put job aside and start a new one while being pre-pressed)The most enjoyable part was when a job was completed and ready for fullfillment,than seeing my signs in stores around town.
Pros
It was close to home, I got a pay check, I loved what I did
Cons
I had no time to myself and my family, management was terrible, It was difficult to get a pay raise, (had to wait months after being told of an increase on my next check, than had to go to HR on several occasion to get it in motion)
fast working pase
Factory Work (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 2, 2014
a day i go thr n work hard pay attention to rules n get along with others
Pros
good n easy going job
Cons
need more work
productive
Inspector/packer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 12, 2013
had to learn how to inspect and pack parts properly
had to make sure it was done right
Growing company
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 18, 2013
Growing company with good people.

Exciting business with a lot of growth potential.
used many chemicals w/out the right safty gear
PLATER (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 26, 2013
used too many chemicals w/out gear and got sick for the whole ytime i was there.