GSS InfoTech Employee Reviews

Entertaining and challenging place
Datastage ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJMarch 22, 2017
A very good place to work, learnt a lot from this place.
Nice environment as well as challenging tasks have encouraged me and produced best out of me.
Great Team, challenging and fun
Senior Vice President - Head of IMS Division (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2016
Great People/Team, challenging and fun. You have the ability to advance. Exciting evolving industry. Great Engineering support.
Productive - Efficient work environment
Account Executive (Outside Sales) - Primary sales (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 25, 2016
I begin my day at 7:30 am everyday - follow up on what i was able to get to the previous day.
Set appointments for existing customer and prospects
Work with Engineering on SOW's and Proposals

Our Team is ever growing with new talent - which makes for a great and fun work environment
good
Work Load Automation Engineer (Contrl-M) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 7, 2014
good company,i am looking for l2 work.
provided nice resource
Get Good Knowledge and Motivation of he Co employees.
Salesforce developer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APMay 29, 2014
>Working the late nights.
>Hard Working,how to manage others.
>Its good.
>They are so movivative.
>In the Training Period as a mechanical engg student its difficult to understand s/w.
>Work with my co employees
Good Company to work.
Business Analyst Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 14, 2014
Started with GSS as trainee, left because got full time opportunity.
Good work/life balance
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 27, 2014
I am employed but seeking a new opportunity. GSS Infotech (formerly System Dynamix) has lost a good deal of market share and has made it difficult to work in a production/commissioned environment. As a recruiter, I have always found it distasteful when candidates speak negatively about prior or current employers. What happened with this company is when we were bought by GSS and the core management of System Dynamix departed, we began losing all of our clients and and feel off nearly all of the vendor lists when up for renewal. GSS itself is a great company, but the staffing line of business I am part of is no longer viable within the company.
Pros
Great work/life balance and tools to perform my job function
Cons
Vendor contracts are non-existent therefor the staffing team no longer has a function.
developer summary at GSS infotech client location UPS
J2EE/JAVA DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Paramus, New JerseyDecember 11, 2013
a day at work involves interacting with lead application developer, database analyst to understand the functional requirements of the software implementation, preparing detailed design documents, technical design documents based on the functional requirements which needs to be met. each day has a agile scrum meeting with fellow developers, test team and project coordinators to evaluate the overall progress of the project. It also involves setting up the development environment and necessary documentation involved with the above mentioned tasks.it involves learning about the company processes and procedures , the templates which needs to be followed, understanding the underlying business involved in the project implementation, the web service data formats and the data meaning.
Productive and pleasant workplace.
On site Delivery Specialist, Generals Mills (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 26, 2013
Worked as part of a team of contractors, who, collectively, received, set up, and delivered desktop computer hardware and peripherals at a major Minnesota corporation. Worked directly with corporate department managers as well as help desk staff and individual end users to support their computer hardware needs. Each day was a mixture of tasks that varied. I enjoyed having the freedom to arrange tasks based upon importance.
New Experiences
Android Mobile Developer (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 25, 2013
I haven't been assigned a project yet,so I don't know what the typical day at work is.

This company did train me and a few other new employees how to make Android applications. I did get a better understanding on how to use SQLite databases and how normalization affects databases.

Management doesn't apply to me because I haven't been assigned a project.

I enjoyed interacting with some of my fellow trainees during training. However, the marketing team that is supposed to market my profile to other employers so that I can get a project isn't doing too well because my 3-month contract ends in a week, so I don't have to stay with the company after that period ends.

The hardest part of the job is waiting for employers to call about a job opportunity.

The most enjoyable part so far has been the training and learning about the Android OS and how to make the applications.

This is the only job where they will train me that isn't going to utilize my skills from the training but is wanting to market me to other employers. On top of that, this is also the only job that didn't pay me during and after training, plus only will pay only when assigned to a project.
Pros
i get to make android apps, i got training to learn how to make android apps
Cons
only get paid when assigned to a project, haven't been assigned a project since i started