GT Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Great company
Sapphire Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 3, 2017
Sapphire furnaces and Solar furnaces of vacuum chamber, hot zone, machined parts, PDU system,element, heat exchangers,vacuum pump.
Free lunch
Production Technician III (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2017
It's hard to work because we're carrying sapphire and it's heavy. The management has favoritism especially the supervisor. It has diverse culture which is good. Hardest part of the job is carrying those sapphire for the are so heavy. Most enjoyable are free lunches
Excellent work place
QC Lead Technical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2016
excellent company,
40 hours work week, lot of overtime, most enjoyable as Quality Control. Tricycle for transfortation
Pros
company supply drinking water and lunch
Cons
non
Great company while it lasted
Lead Operations Tech II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2016
This was short lived. Everything was great as far as a place to work. Company filed chapter 11 bankruptcy and went out of business.
Sr. Electrical Designer IV (Former Employee) –  Merrimack NHMarch 1, 2016
Excellent place to work. Good quality people great location. Interesting work. Very well equipt with the latest technologies
Pros
donuts on Fridays
Cons
Layoff
It was a nice ride!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 24, 2015
Management's poor decisions killed this once thriving business. This company once had a powerful brain trust. No more. Management makes too many bad decisions and is exceedingly top heavy. Way too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Layoffs have resulted in GT being just a shell of its formal self.
Very challenging
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 3, 2015
Very challenging and rewarding project. Would have liked to see the project continue and succeed. All of the employees and contractors were a good group of individuals.
Good, but not great company
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 17, 2015
Poorly managed! Good pay! Dont know what happened, but this could have been a gem in Arizona with the Apple Inc Backing! I do not have a lot more to add to this review.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Poorly managed
Once in a lifetime opportunity to work with high level technical staff
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 30, 2015
Really enjoy the staff and work culture. A highly competitive environment with numerous learning opportunities. Was able to work with and learn from process industry experts. Assisted many customers start ups and addressing various problems associated with starting up new equipment and processes.
Pros
work staff
Cons
uncertainty of bankruptcy
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 14, 2015
Very involved with the business in trying to making things happen with the customer needs and wants in products and services.
Pros
communication skills
Cons
time accessibilty
People were great.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 5, 2015
the work and people were great. Unfortunately, management made some bad bets that put the company into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
New company with daily changes within management
Associate II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 12, 2015
-Report to work, received instructions, and completed tasks.
-Learned to inspect sapphire materials.
-Constantly changing/inconsistent management.
-Co-workers were very knowledgeable and willing to learn.
-Unable to create a standard process.
-Co-workers willingness to work.
GT has been a work environment that provided many challenges and rewards
Manufacturing Manager-Start up Division (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 4, 2015
A typical day at work involves interacting with several departments in Fabrication. The interactions are to review challenges we are facing to meet the demands for Production.

I have learned to adapt within an environment of a start up/shut down situation.

Working with Management lead level to the President level allows me to understand the different needs of the business model.

The best part of my job is working with my co-workers and helping them to achieve their goals.

The hardest part of my job is being faced with shutting down the facility as this was an exciting start up opportunity.

The most enjoyable part of my job was going from an empty facility to the largest manufacturing plant of Sapphire Crystal in the world.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Cons
The Company facing Chapter 11
had potential
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  mesa, azJune 2, 2015
Really wish they could have made it, was a great atmosphere, good leadership. It is unfortunate they had to file bancruptcy.
Interesting work, but long hours
Manufacturing Process Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2015
I found that overall it was a good experience, but it had a high toll on my work life balance. I would rate it as a good.

I learned a lot about manufacturing in this environment.
Changeling, teamwork, great experience,
Quality Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 4, 2015
This is a company I believed I would have the ability to advance and eventually retire from. I loved my schedule, coworkers, training opportunities, management team, and what I believed to be secure.
Unfortunately the company filed bankruptcy and closed down. I am still sad that this outstanding work environment with all it had to offer had to come to an abrupt end.
I worked 12 hour shifts with one week being a four day work week and the next week being a three day work week. As I worked there my opportunities, knowledge, and responsibilities grew; which I loved the challenges and confidence my manager had in my abilities. The whole plant worked as a team; it was wonderful! The money was pretty great too!
The hardest part of the job was when we were told the company would be shutting down. But I believe that when one door closes, another one opens.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
The company closed the doors.
G.T.
OCLR/Kitting/Wire saw Operator/Lap master (Former Employee) –  Mesa az.March 4, 2015
Compant was awesome at the beginning but they went bankrupt left alot of people without jobs.They hired all the right people but gave them the wrong position everything was missmanaged.
Pros
good co-workers good experience.
Cons
bad management
Work at GT Advanced Technologies
Sapphire manufacture (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 3, 2015
Get to work 15 mins prior clock in time.
Depends of the task of the day but a lot of learning.
Work under management pressure.
Like every other job some co-workers spend lots of time at the bathroom or text messaging, but I'm not one of those workers.
Use to be 12 hour shift using heavy equipment, hard work everyday.
Pay check always the best part.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Company file for bankruptcy
Plant shutdown but helpful career transitioning program.
Production and Maintenace Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Fantastic ethical and safe persgementonel. Wonderful company Spirit. Enjoyed the people and the overall experience.
Pros
Helpful management, great potluck gatherings.
Cons
1.4 milion square feet facility.
Amazing work experience being a part of this build from the ground up
Facilities Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 18, 2015
I was able to be a part of a build that included the most advanced equipment in every aspect of the operation. I was able to partake in the install, maintenance, and every day operation of these advanced systems. Unfortunately, The company went under and most everyone lost their jobs.
Pros
Great work schedule. ( 3 days on, 4 days off)
Cons
We all got laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GT Advanced Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3