GTE Employee Reviews

Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 13, 2017
The company truly treated its employees like family. I started with only knowing what dial tone sounded like and ended with understanding of telephony.
a Great place to work with excellant Co-Workers
Centrol Office Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 31, 2017
union network technicians that
focuses on operations proficiency, employee management, working cross-functionally and driving
performance leading to excellence in growth rate targets and delivery of 100% employee and customer
satisfaction. Also, engaging AT&T, Cincinnati Bell, Level 3, Metro PCS, Sprint, Time Warner, Verizon
Pros
great workforce
Cons
Fun and challenging place to work
Copper telephone installation (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I arrived at the yard before 7:30 am and downloaded my first job. I then loaded the truck with needed supplies and called my customers to let them know I was enroute. I arrived at the customer location and reviewed the order or trouble report with and performed the install or repair. I installed or repaired GTE/Verizon copper services. The most enjoyable part of the job was installing the services and explaining them to the customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with system issues while the customer watched.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, working with customers
Cons
traffic
GTE is gone
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 12, 2017
GTE was a good company, as it was the outside player in the telecommunications game, that changed and it is now Verizon. I have no comment on Verizon,
Pros
good people
Cons
ripe for acquisition
Productive and knowledgeable work place
Pressurization (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 10, 2017
My job consisted of maintaining air pressure of aerial & underground systems.

What I learned is the importance of why we needed to maintain air pressure on paper cable.

Management was an important part of my job. I was lucky to have good managers throughout my career.

My co-workers were great to work with.

Lugging around large nitrogen tanks.

Knowing that I had successfully completed my job at the end of the day.
Pros
Allowed me to think for myself
Cons
Loading and unloading nitrogen tanks
Gte
Time Coaching Tool, Qfiniti, and Power Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2017
GTE/ Verizon

Coaching reviewing calls
Being apart of a team that felt like family
Sales contest
Training
Winning trips

GTE talked a lot about work life and balance this was the most enjoyable part of my job. There was always job advancement and training. To help you move to new positions with in the company.
Pros
The people like being with family
Made to feel like family.
Temp Jobs (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 3, 2017
GTE has changed names a couple of times now, but had high integrity, knowledgeable employees. This was a temp job for me, which is the reason for the rating on compensation and job security/advancement. Was hired to work for 4 months, but ended up staying 9 months.
Pros
A company that you wouldn't want to leave
Frontier
SALES AND SERIVCE CONSULTANT FRONTIER (Former Employee) –  Marion, OhioDecember 22, 2016
The company started as GTE, was purchased by Verizon, and last 7 years has been Frontier. A overall good company to work for , good benefits and pay and bonuses .The overall job is a mentally stressful job and very demanding .A lot of great people work here and made a lot of great friendships over the17 years I worked here.
Pros
gave alot of good perks to earn extra money/ great benefits
Cons
very demanding and just to structured
Great company
Audio/Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 21, 2016
Company no longer in business merged with Verizon in June of 2000
and then eventually Verizon sold of three states to Frontier on 2016
awss in charge of networks and trouble shooting 85 radio stations and 17 TV stations.
Help desk / network engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2016
I was on call 24 hours a day taking care of all aspects of all issues dealing with the remote sites.worked all hours of the day and night depending on the remote sites wishes. I dealt with connectivity issues of all users which was over 5000.
Pros
dedicarted, on time, and reliable
not favorable
temp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2016
my experience at this company was not favorable at all. I loved HLA Title but had my reservations about GTE overall and as a Lender.
fun and exciting place to work. room to grow
Universal Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 14, 2016
talking to customers to help with billing and placing orders for new services. your day can consist of upset customers and requires sales and you must save customers from leaving the company.
Pros
bonus' and giveaways
Cons
not much downtime and must hit serveral metrics
Develop and Test mainframe software
Quality Assurance, Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2016
Great work environment. Worked on the Y2K changes in a COBOL environment. Ran test to ensure dates would not be impacted when year 2000 arrived.
Pros
Great work environment
Phone books are dead
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 27, 2016
Good, fun place to work. Learned a lot. Difficult, but rewarding place to work. Great compensation. Fun people. Sometimes would be a bit shady on how your were suppose to sell products to business owners.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Little bit shady
Merged with Bell Atlantic to become Verizon
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 16, 2016
This was a good company to work for. I retired after working for 30 + years. They were getting ready to merge with Bell Atlantic and I felt that it was a good time to move on to other things.
Great place to work!
PBX Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskegon County, MISeptember 3, 2016
Enjoyed working here so much that I stayed with them for Approx. 30 years They trained me for whatever job I was to perform, and rewarded me with pay increases. Great Benefits such as Hosp. Ins.
Pros
Travel expenses
Cons
Had work around customers hours
productive, fun, and awesome
Consumer Inbound Paging Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2016
Awesome place to work. Great culture. Put customers and employees first. Had the tools and resources needed to ensure our customers had the best service and products. Company also believed in coaching, training, and developing reps to be the very best.
Productive and Enjoyable environments
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 25, 2016
It's always new experience doing brand ambassading promotions with GTE. People are always friendly and the events are always fun
Great place to grow and work
Manager Major Implementation / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 25, 2016
GTE was a fun environment and they taught you the basics and principles of everyday work. You were held accountable for all your duties. You were respected in many ways throughout your employment.
I loved working as an Operator.
Operator/Clerk/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 11, 2016
Lots of room for advancement. Fun atmosphere. After being an Operator I became a clerk. I worked in the Business Sales office. They were always having contests so you could win prices.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4