GTI Employee Reviews

Stay away
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 16, 2017
The only thing good about this was the middle management that I dealt with. They left shortly after I did! Had dispatchers that lied. They leave their drivers stranded.
Decent workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, AL 35209March 15, 2017
Excellent management. There were language barriers that interfered, but otherwise a good work environment. It was a great learning experience. I'd recommend their services, as well.
Productive place to work at.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 18, 2016
Nice place to work at. People were awesome. Training was easy. Machines were easy to work with. I got along great with everybody. Would work there again.
Not a very good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Cursed at you never got you home said u would be out 2 weeks but you were out for 6 weeks then 1 day at home. Management is weird they don't even know how to talk to you. Other drivers steal from your truck then blame it on you
Pros
See sporting events
Cons
Great opporunity to work with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 30, 2016
GTI gave me a chance to improve my customer service skills with inbound calls. I enjoyed greeting customers and being able to solve any problems with their accounts for as services issues. The work environment was relaxed and enjoyable.
relaxed
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 19, 2016
was a relaxed minimum wage job sat in a chair for 8 hours and just answered calls the replied to customers with scripted lines. most part was a fun job and the co workers turned out to be some cool people hardest part of my job was dealing with upset customers but rhey usually came around.
Great terminals
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2016
I loved working for GTI. Management was very understanding and gave me great opportunities. We were able to stay on the 5 corridor so we saw our ids more, but the 5 from San Diego to the Canadian border got boring.
Pros
Terminals were great some had free laundry.
Cons
Stayed on the 5 a lot.
Nice place to work with nice people.
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJune 2, 2016
It was a very nice place to work. I learned a lot working there, like working fast and working at your own pace. It was my first factory job and it taught me a lot in the factory industry.
Pros
good lunches.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive Day at workforce
DSR (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work will be sitting at a desk, either waiting for a call to come through or you make the call to customers to do third party verification for their gas or electric bill. Everyone is to themselves, most of the workers are college students, we could do our homework at our desk which is very convenient because you have to sit at your desk for 8 hours.
Easy, but a bit of a dead-end
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 4, 2016
It's the perfect answer to a college town that usually requires a degree and five years experience for any other minimum wage job. It's on the spot hire, it's flexible hours, and the work is pretty easy. However, it doesn't have any room for advancement, and there's no such thing as full time employment.
Nice Place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Needed to make more money so decided to go back on the road. I probably wouldnt go back to this company. its a good starter comapy though.
made a mistake changing companies
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAFebruary 8, 2016
completely different from priv. job didn't like working for this company thet took all the fun out of driving went their for more money
i loved decorating
Interior Decorator (Former Employee) –  Albany, TXOctober 20, 2015
it was a very good job. I would work one week on and one week off. was paid good money to work 10hrs a day. I was able to work by myself. I would clean up after the guys remodeled the apartments and order the furniture online and then take the company credit card and buy all the items needed to furnish apartments.
Everyday work
Carwasher (Former Employee) –  Commerce City CoJune 9, 2015
Washing golf cars in a high paced environment while being rewarded by traveling to shows around the country. Located in commerce city co and also phoenix az.
awesome place to work
whip handler (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMay 6, 2015
the job was fun management was great to be around the people I worked with were very helpful and understanding I learned several different positions while working for them
Injection
Injection worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 6, 2015
I worked in injection molding. I did inspection of parts for defects, assembled and packaged them. Kept a clean and safe work environment. Followed order sheets and printed labels.
production not fun
Assembly/Injection Tec (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 5, 2015
I work hard I am good at my job. I have saved parts many times form going out of the building. The Management here need much help on how to treat there employers. I never let a bad part get by me rather it is mine or someone else s.
Pros
20 min lunch
Cons
two 7 min breaks and never be late
Small owned company that doesnt know what they're doing.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAOctober 27, 2014
Horrible management and very unprofessional. Payroll is never right. Some weeks you get paid and some weeks you don't. Check stubs come in the mail completely blank and some weeks they don't come at all. Problems and issues not resolved by owner. Hired over the telephone and never met an actual person? Just told to go to a location. No interview or anything. Weird. Business probably wont be around for much longer. The whole place is a joke.
Pros
Easy money...(when you get paid)
Cons
Very unprofessional owner/boss
small company lack of space
receiving manager (Former Employee) –  Iron Ridge, WIOctober 15, 2014
generally good company , small space to work in ,did 5 different jobs , only one I did not like was working with toxic chemical ,
Pros
learned alot, met some good people
Cons
working with toxic galvanizing chemical
Clean and productive place to work.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 5, 2014
A normal day at GTI is repetitive and orderly, with a very strict 5s policy. This is a new plant that has only been open a little over a year and management is still growing and learning daily with a long way to go. The staff for the most part is friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive tedious motions, while maintaining the proper cycle time.
Pros
continual growth
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTI. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval