GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews

The people are very nice & fun to work with.
Temporary/Seasonal Team Member - Embroidery (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 1, 2017
The people at GTM sportswear are it's greatest asset. They are fun to work with & always make you feel welcome. The supervisors were always eager to answer your questions & help you learn.
Pros
They often provided lunch on busy days & Holidays.
Cons
There was only one person that was very scary & possibly unstable.
Productive and great environment
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Learned a lot in my 3 years here as well as they encourage change. Helped with the reorganization of the IT department as well offered fresh ideas that they took into consideration. Easy to shift within the organization.
Pros
great people
Cons
high turnover
Productive Team Enviroment
Embroidery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 12, 2016
Great Team environment with many opportunities to grow as a leader. Management's focus is to grow and develop team members. Co-workers worked together to get priority tasks completed in timely manner. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my hard work paid off.
Pros
Free health clinic for team members
Cons
Not knowing what work load I was walking into
Great Benefits! Family environment
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to learn sales structure and the management team and constantly tried to make things better for the reps. There is a high expectation that I feel is unattainable everyday
Cons
stressful
Amazing Company
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2017
This company is one of the best. I have worked here for a short while but I abosouletly love it! They are so accommodating to your needs and what is going on in your life. It is a big family.
Better than most
Picker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 3, 2017
The workplace was a bit stale, and the work is very repetitive. But it is a farily easy place to be accepted in. Not much to say other than that.

cheers
Pros
Fun co-worker
Cons
Repetitive
A place to work.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2016
This company is great if you are looking for a job. They hire lots of people each year in production, however, if you want a career, you might want to look elsewhere.
Pros
health care clinic, discounts at some restaurants, free gym membership
Cons
Company is trying to become a great company again, but its hard when it has a disease
Great teammates
Sales Associate - Chat (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 7, 2016
While you are here you will build some amazing friendships. The Sales department recently did some management restructuring and it has been amazing!
Pros
Great people to work with, benefits
Fun place to work, pay lower than most jobs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2016
Pay is lower for sales then most jobs especially with new sales structure. Management is great. Hours are great as well.
Great Corporation
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 12, 2016
Makes you feel like an entrepreneur. Awesome leadership and mentoring program! Excellent training and great team environment.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2016
A fun place to work with advancement opportunities available. Many different positions and shifts available. The work culture is laid back and very productive.
Stressful place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2015
Management made changes every day, it was difficult to keep up with your job duties and responsibilities. Never knew from one day to the next if you had a job. Always looking for ways to get rid of people who had been there very long. If you weren't a "yes man" you were in jeopardy. No appreciation for those who had been there a long time and would do whatever needed done for the good of the company.
Pros
Cons
Management (or lack there of), stressful, not team orientated.
Great enviornment with employees
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 13, 2015
My typical day at work consists of starting my day by preparing and order for a customer to make sure everything is in adequate order for them. When i am finished with the order I ship it out to warehouse where they then ship it to the customer. I have learned a lot about myself working here at GTM. I have learned how to be more organized, being a better team player, and so on. My coworkers are like family to me.every person has a different background and different lives and its fun to get to know people and become like family. We have always been there for each other even after some has left GTM.I would have to say i don't believe i have a hardest part of my job because i have been cross trained very easily in all but one department. I really enjoy most of my job, including the bad days. There's always a great outlook to everyday while I am working.
Pros
free gtm clinic for employees and they're families
Cons
insurance is really expensive and not a great company
interesting place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 16, 2015
I always knew what I was going to do which was interesting to me, the challenges were making sure the orders got out on time.

I learned how to be more self reliant as far as keeping my machines running so I could professionally complete the orders in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was waiting for orders, thankfully that didn't happen very often.

Loved the challenges, keeping everything flowing and the finished product.

Learning all the time.
Pros
free coffee in the mornings, and many many potlucks.
Cons
when work was slow it was very slow
Great place to work!
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 26, 2015
GTM is a great place to work! As it is team-oriented, everyone is always ready to help out whenever needed. Lower level management is extremely hands off. Great work/life balance as you only work M-
F and an occasional Saturday. Very flexible hours for students.
Absolutely horrible company to work for
Spirit Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Management has absolutely zero qualifications for their job position. Morale of employees is horrible. The owner is great, but has no idea what is going on underneath of him. If you want to be successful in this company, make friends with your boss. Otherwise you are on your way out the door.
Pros
Dresscode is pretty lax.
Cons
Management, Pay sucks, work environment
Great place to work if you are a scholar of Kansas State University
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2015
GTM Sportswear was a fun, exciting, eventful, and fulfilling place to work until the company went through a drastic management change. If you are a student in the Manhattan, KS area then this company is perfect for you. They will work around your school schedule and the pay is very generous even for part time employees.
Pros
Good starter place for students
Cons
Poor Management
Sinking ship
Employee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
With the new software update (which is the excuse used for everything that goes wrong), this company is quickly sinking. Management keeps cutting hours / employees in order to fix all that is broken. Unless you're related to a director or above, don't even bother. You won't get promoted and you won't get a raise.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, CEO
Not a Secure Place to Work - not Family Friendly
Accounting (Former Employee) –  ManhattanOctober 10, 2012
GTM has a history of hiring talented people and suddenly releasing them for no reason. Most of the company direction is dictated by only a couple VP's. The management is fickle and the way they carelessly hire and fire have given them a terrible reputation locally. It happen at all levels of the organization. Janitor to VP...none are secure.

Before you join GTM, I recommend asking around town to see what is the general opinion. You will find that the job comes with high anxiety and the pay is not up par.
Pros
growth oriented
Cons
no job security, turnover, management turnover, low raises, nepotism
Enjoyed the work their
Screen Print Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KsJuly 5, 2013
I learned how to embellish images on clothing. The management was okay, except the supervisor was not understanding at times. The job was not hard at all, in fact I loved when we were busy because time went fast. The co-workers there are friendly and I got along with all of them. I enjoyed inking up the screens and setting up for the operator.
Pros
Good benefits and pay for the most part
Cons
Chemical aroma would get to me sometimes, it is too hot during the summer in Screen Print dep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTM Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.