GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews in United States

A place to work.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2016
This company is great if you are looking for a job. They hire lots of people each year in production, however, if you want a career, you might want to look elsewhere.
Pros
health care clinic, discounts at some restaurants, free gym membership
Cons
Company is trying to become a great company again, but its hard when it has a disease
Great enviornment with employees
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 13, 2015
My typical day at work consists of starting my day by preparing and order for a customer to make sure everything is in adequate order for them. When i am finished with the order I ship it out to warehouse where they then ship it to the customer. I have learned a lot about myself working here at GTM. I have learned how to be more organized, being a better team player, and so on. My coworkers are like family to me.every person has a different background and different lives and its fun to get to know people and become like family. We have always been there for each other even after some has left GTM.I would have to say i don't believe i have a hardest part of my job because i have been cross trained very easily in all but one department. I really enjoy most of my job, including the bad days. There's always a great outlook to everyday while I am working.
Pros
free gtm clinic for employees and they're families
Cons
insurance is really expensive and not a great company
Great place to work!
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 26, 2015
GTM is a great place to work! As it is team-oriented, everyone is always ready to help out whenever needed. Lower level management is extremely hands off. Great work/life balance as you only work M-
F and an occasional Saturday. Very flexible hours for students.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 28, 2015
The people and team mates are some of the finest people you will work. Great opportunities are given to those who stay with the company.
Great people with good values
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul/MPLS, MNAugust 17, 2015
Great place to get your start and make a name for yourself- Good people with great values who care deeply about their clients.
Stressful place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2015
Management made changes every day, it was difficult to keep up with your job duties and responsibilities. Never knew from one day to the next if you had a job. Always looking for ways to get rid of people who had been there very long. If you weren't a "yes man" you were in jeopardy. No appreciation for those who had been there a long time and would do whatever needed done for the good of the company.
Pros
Cons
Management (or lack there of), stressful, not team orientated.
interesting place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 16, 2015
I always knew what I was going to do which was interesting to me, the challenges were making sure the orders got out on time.

I learned how to be more self reliant as far as keeping my machines running so I could professionally complete the orders in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was waiting for orders, thankfully that didn't happen very often.

Loved the challenges, keeping everything flowing and the finished product.

Learning all the time.
Pros
free coffee in the mornings, and many many potlucks.
Cons
when work was slow it was very slow
Sinking ship
Employee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
With the new software update (which is the excuse used for everything that goes wrong), this company is quickly sinking. Management keeps cutting hours / employees in order to fix all that is broken. Unless you're related to a director or above, don't even bother. You won't get promoted and you won't get a raise.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, CEO
Embroidery Dept.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the busy dept. I thrive on challenges and this position gave it in spades. Everyone was team oriented and many improvements were being made when I left to increase production.
Absolutely horrible company to work for
Spirit Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Management has absolutely zero qualifications for their job position. Morale of employees is horrible. The owner is great, but has no idea what is going on underneath of him. If you want to be successful in this company, make friends with your boss. Otherwise you are on your way out the door.
Pros
dresscode is pretty lax.
Cons
management, pay sucks, work environment
big company with its own employee store
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  kansas cityFebruary 10, 2015
great company has full benefits and 401 k pays for travel good company moral recognizes your talents and efforts company also pays for lunch from time to time
Pros
free memberships
Cons
sometimes disorganized
Great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 29, 2015
enjoyable
caring coworker
healthy environment
easy going people
Great place to work if you are a scholar of Kansas State University
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2015
GTM Sportswear was a fun, exciting, eventful, and fulfilling place to work until the company went through a drastic management change. If you are a student in the Manhattan, KS area then this company is perfect for you. They will work around your school schedule and the pay is very generous even for part time employees.
Pros
good starter place for students
Cons
poor management
A company that allowed my hobby to become my career!
Territory Manager - MidWest Region (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work included cold calling as well as cultivating close relationships with customers to deliver the highest level of customer service and loyalty. Daily appointments combined with some cold calling to make the best use of my time in the field.

I learned that communicating with the customers clearly and quickly is extremely important to keep the customer confident in the product/service and building them into repeat customers.

Management can vary, some of them were extremely vested in the employees, while some managers treated us merely as a face in the crowd or a number. Managers came from multiple backgrounds and had lots to offer, though in some instances they had no industry experience.

The hardest part of my job was often that we were not able to be onsite and have a pulse on our production. There were often times that there would be problems inn the warehouse or in HQ that the outside sales team wasn't made aware of. Information would sometime make it to customer before the sales reps knew anything.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to combine a hobby that was near and dear to my heart into a job that my experience, knowledge and connections all complimented one another.
Pros
quality and fun products to share with my customers
Cons
poor communication from the managers and inside staff.
Easy but boring job
Embroidery Machinist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 7, 2014
The people I met working here were awesome but the job itself was horrible if you're one who likes to interact and talk to other people. If you're in productions, or embroidery specifically, expect to be on your feet the whole time you're there doing the exact same thing for hours. It's easy money but it gets extremely boring.
GTM Sportwear
JR Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  sunrise,flSeptember 24, 2014
Pick up and order, Get art redrawn or in high resolution for printing, odor separate, set up the proof, send to Rep and they will send to the customer to get it approved or rejected with revisions. (on to the next order) If rejected we will revise the proof until its approved and then send it out to print. do atleast 50 orders or more a day.
Great place to advance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2014
A typical work day would be coming in and checking around the work floor to see what issues from the previous shift. checked on urgency and if it was causing any harm the machines and or operators. Safety was a huge factor working here. I learned how to fix multiple machines from different companies very quickly. From other maintenance techs working and also the companies reps. The management was good at making sure tasks were being completed or if issues arose with certain machines to let me know so I was able to fix the problem. The co- workers had a big part to this job i had to work along with every person that was on the floor helping them get trained and also fixing there machines in a timely manor so that they were able to finish there orders that needed to be (QA) Quality assessed. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the degrees for the different machines of all the moving parts. They did have manuals that told all of them but saved time to just remember them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping out the company tremendously by fixing the machines. I took Pride in what I did.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short handed on technicians very stressful job
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  manhattan, ksAugust 3, 2014
Same work just a different day, alway QA products, not really willing to promote within
Customization Specialists
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2014
Great comapny to work for if you like to have a large workload and singular responsibility for orders.
Small business feel in a constant growing company.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 12, 2014
GTM maintains much of the small town business feel despite it having ~900 employees and sales on the international level. Sometimes the small feel can hurt it though, as it seems there is a lack of communication between departments at times. Overall, I think GTM is a great place to work and I have met many great people working here.
Pros
free health clinic, good benefits, steady work
Cons
lack of communication