GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews

fun place to work
embroidery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
the employees are a great bunch of people. I enjoyed working here because of all my co workers, my experience at GTM was a great one because of the people.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
Honeymoon's Over
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2017
Started off great, noticed in my first year very high turnover though. Job creation is a plus but if you want pay to match peers don't hold your breath. A lot of talking about what to do and not enough action. Many of the meetings could have been emails. Department collaboration is a joke, hence the reason for lack/loss of business.

Work here at your own risk! You may like it at first but the newness wears off quickly. Good Luck.
Pros
advancement, culture for the most part, dress code
Cons
management, stock issues, meeting happy, actions don't match words spoken
Decent Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2017
I personaly took this job out of necessity, and I'm not very passionate about sales. However, the management is great and they have done an excellent job helping me gain experience in a field I prefer.
Wonderful team and customer base
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2017
You are responsible for your own success. This is not a commission based company. You will be successful if you are willing to work long hours. The management is a little bit out of touch with the sales team. They do work hard to close that gap. You will love the people you work with and the customers. The customers are the reason you will want to go into work. If you are looking for advancements in positions this is not the place for you.
Pros
Team is amazing, product line is awesome, production team is very hard working, heath care office on site.
Cons
base pay is awful
Inconsitentcy
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 5, 2017
Always changing things, never have stock available when needed, gives an enormous amount of apparel away for replacements, have great people to work with.
Pros
The people
Cons
The people are very nice & fun to work with.
Temporary/Seasonal Team Member - Embroidery (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 1, 2017
The people at GTM sportswear are it's greatest asset. They are fun to work with & always make you feel welcome. The supervisors were always eager to answer your questions & help you learn.
Pros
They often provided lunch on busy days & Holidays.
Cons
There was only one person that was very scary & possibly unstable.
Great Benefits! Family environment
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to learn sales structure and the management team and constantly tried to make things better for the reps. There is a high expectation that I feel is unattainable everyday
Cons
stressful
Productive and great environment
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 25, 2017
Learned a lot in my 3 years here as well as they encourage change. Helped with the reorganization of the IT department as well offered fresh ideas that they took into consideration. Easy to shift within the organization.
Pros
great people
Cons
high turnover
Amazing Company
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2017
This company is one of the best. I have worked here for a short while but I abosouletly love it! They are so accommodating to your needs and what is going on in your life. It is a big family.
Better than most
Picker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 3, 2017
The workplace was a bit stale, and the work is very repetitive. But it is a farily easy place to be accepted in. Not much to say other than that.

cheers
Pros
Fun co-worker
Cons
Repetitive
Productive Team Enviroment
Embroidery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 12, 2016
Great Team environment with many opportunities to grow as a leader. Management's focus is to grow and develop team members. Co-workers worked together to get priority tasks completed in timely manner. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my hard work paid off.
Pros
Free health clinic for team members
Cons
Not knowing what work load I was walking into
Great teammates
Sales Associate - Chat (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 7, 2016
While you are here you will build some amazing friendships. The Sales department recently did some management restructuring and it has been amazing!
Pros
Great people to work with, benefits
Fun place to work, pay lower than most jobs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2016
Pay is lower for sales then most jobs especially with new sales structure. Management is great. Hours are great as well.
Great Corporation
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 12, 2016
Makes you feel like an entrepreneur. Awesome leadership and mentoring program! Excellent training and great team environment.
A place to work.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2016
This company is great if you are looking for a job. They hire lots of people each year in production, however, if you want a career, you might want to look elsewhere.
Pros
health care clinic, discounts at some restaurants, free gym membership
Cons
Company is trying to become a great company again, but its hard when it has a disease
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2016
A fun place to work with advancement opportunities available. Many different positions and shifts available. The work culture is laid back and very productive.
Great enviornment with employees
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 13, 2015
My typical day at work consists of starting my day by preparing and order for a customer to make sure everything is in adequate order for them. When i am finished with the order I ship it out to warehouse where they then ship it to the customer. I have learned a lot about myself working here at GTM. I have learned how to be more organized, being a better team player, and so on. My coworkers are like family to me.every person has a different background and different lives and its fun to get to know people and become like family. We have always been there for each other even after some has left GTM.I would have to say i don't believe i have a hardest part of my job because i have been cross trained very easily in all but one department. I really enjoy most of my job, including the bad days. There's always a great outlook to everyday while I am working.
Pros
free gtm clinic for employees and they're families
Cons
insurance is really expensive and not a great company
Great place to work!
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 26, 2015
GTM is a great place to work! As it is team-oriented, everyone is always ready to help out whenever needed. Lower level management is extremely hands off. Great work/life balance as you only work M-
F and an occasional Saturday. Very flexible hours for students.
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 28, 2015
The people and team mates are some of the finest people you will work. Great opportunities are given to those who stay with the company.
Great people with good values
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul/MPLS, MNAugust 17, 2015
Great place to get your start and make a name for yourself- Good people with great values who care deeply about their clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GTM Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9