GTM Sportswear

GTM Sportswear Employer Reviews

Easy but boring job
Embroidery Machinist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 7, 2014
The people I met working here were awesome but the job itself was horrible if you're one who likes to interact and talk to other people. If you're in productions, or embroidery specifically, expect to be on your feet the whole time you're there doing the exact same thing for hours. It's easy money but it gets extremely boring.
GTM Sportwear
JR Graphic Designer (Current Employee), sunrise,flSeptember 24, 2014
Pick up and order, Get art redrawn or in high resolution for printing, odor separate, set up the proof, send to Rep and they will send to the customer to get it approved or rejected with revisions. (on to the next order) If rejected we will revise the proof until its approved and then send it out to print. do atleast 50 orders or more a day.
Great place to advance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short handed on technicians very stressful job
A typical work day would be coming in and checking around the work floor to see what issues from the previous shift. checked on urgency and if it was causing any harm the machines and or operators. Safety was a huge factor working here. I learned how to fix multiple machines from different companies very quickly. From other maintenance techs working – more... and also the companies reps. The management was good at making sure tasks were being completed or if issues arose with certain machines to let me know so I was able to fix the problem. The co- workers had a big part to this job i had to work along with every person that was on the floor helping them get trained and also fixing there machines in a timely manor so that they were able to finish there orders that needed to be (QA) Quality assessed. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the degrees for the different machines of all the moving parts. They did have manuals that told all of them but saved time to just remember them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping out the company tremendously by fixing the machines. I took Pride in what I did. – less
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee), manhattan, ksAugust 3, 2014
Same work just a different day, alway QA products, not really willing to promote within
Customization Specialists
Team Member (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2014
Great comapny to work for if you like to have a large workload and singular responsibility for orders.
Small business feel in a constant growing company.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free health clinic, good benefits, steady work
Cons: lack of communication
GTM maintains much of the small town business feel despite it having ~900 employees and sales on the international level. Sometimes the small feel can hurt it though, as it seems there is a lack of communication between departments at times. Overall, I think GTM is a great place to work and I have met many great people working here.
Great place to work, great group of people from owner to machine worker.
Team Lead Embroidery (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 28, 2014
Great fun loving atmosphere with exceptional supervisors and workers. Learned much about production order processing, product embellishment, management and company procedure and policy. This is a place where advancement is continuously possible.
A growing company
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: health care, free employee clinic
Cons: slow to no pay raises, convoluted management hierarchy
GTM is a growing company that has its ups and downs.

Graphic artist work is not hard at all, and anyone with beginner level proficiency in Adobe Illustrator should be able to do it without difficulty. That said, to learn the other processes and programs required for the position it takes being able to quickly learn new things and adapt to meticulous – more... detail in order to complete the required amount of art projects in a day. It's a numbers job, you complete the art projects, you fill out the sheet, you clock in you clock out. Pretty cut and dry.

This job is a million times better than waiting tables, or working in retail. I don't have many complaints, and those I do are specific to me as a person and do not directly reflect on the company itself.

The health benefits are excellent for pregnant women. Especially if your spouse already has good insurance. – less
Fun Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 10, 2014
I liked the people I worked with and was proud of my work. I think that the work environment is safe and efficient. there are many work options at GTM for employment.
Great place to work but more for temporary employees like college kids
Press Support (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: healthcare
Worked third shift 11pm-7am. I learned all the different things that go into screen printing images onto shirts, pants, etc. The best part of the job are my co workers. They made nights go by fast.
Alienated Work Environment with No Support
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 16, 2013
Pros: very independent work environment
Cons: no support or good communication from direct report
It's hard to take vacation hours. You may hear from your boss, if you're lucky, once a week. There is no support from your boss or upper management. When you ask for help you don't get it. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Expect the same results as other reps are having with less resources and support. No encouragement or recognition when – more... you are doing well, but lots of backlash when you fall behind or are having a rough period of time. They say they like to hire from within and encourage advancement, but it doesn't happen. They are known to hire people that are less qualified in experience and education than the people they are managing. – less
People great, work not so much
Creative Director | Staff Photographer (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 12, 2013
Pros: challenged, creative freedom, environment, flexible hours
Cons: biased, management
I developed the marketing department from its humble beginings for 9 years. During a difficult time in my personal life, I had to make some decisions that would greatly affect myself and my family. In making those decisions, I had to put my family first which did not sit well with manangement, which in turn led to my termination of employment. During – more... my tenure, I had no issues prior. It was a surprise to learn this. – less
Enjoyed the work their
Screen Print Press Operator (Former Employee), Manhattan, KsJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay for the most part
Cons: chemical aroma would get to me sometimes, it is too hot during the summer in screen print dep.
I learned how to embellish images on clothing. The management was okay, except the supervisor was not understanding at times. The job was not hard at all, in fact I loved when we were busy because time went fast. The co-workers there are friendly and I got along with all of them. I enjoyed inking up the screens and setting up for the operator.
Worst Company to Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 27, 2013
Pros: easy to get hired
Cons: healthcare was selective, management, lack of opportunity
Lack of parking, and despite the desired team atmosphere, it just wasn't there. Management was rude, and pushy towards all new comers, and very much immature when handling situations even with longterm employees.
Fun corporate culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 13, 2013
Pros: the hours and pay
Cons: i didn't feel as though i could talk to my managers, they had their favorites, i felt they were a bit discriminatory.
A typical day would be to answer phone calls to either place orders, solve problems or to talk to an sell representative. I learned to take good notes because everytime time a customer called we had to write it on their account on why they called and what it was about so when they called in the future we would know what it was dealing with. Most of – more... the managers were very nice and fun and I felt that I could really come to them if I had a question or I just wanted to talk. The hardest part of the job was making sure all my calls were what the company wanted because they were all recorded and they had a scoring system for each. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company's atmosphere in and outside the office. – less
highly productive not enough employees
embroidery (Former Employee), manhattan, ksFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: the leads are great friendly people
Cons: short staffed
You are expected to be highly productive, yet you never have enough employees. The community has a bad rep with GTM employment so this may never change, possibly get worse. Compensation could be a little more. Be prepared for same exact thing day in day out.
Growing company attempting to balance it's growth while keeping up with the needs of it's current employees.
Embroidery (Current Employee), Manhattan KsFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: potential has been demonstrated and company continues to reinvest.
Cons: overlooking the small details such as minor safety, why they are able to be competitive (starts at the bottom just like gtm did)
Having worked for numerous companies/corporations I am for now intrigued with this company and what it represents today in America. Many jobs offered by this company have been outsourced by competitors to reduce cost of their product; so starting wages here are not bad but employees could be compensated better, high cost of housing/rent in the Manhattan – more... area causes the lower wages to appear even worse.

Employees appear to be fearful of management when it comes to making a decision or mistake which actually reduces production which could be attributed to the average age of the workers. Appears to be a huge disconnect between management and the employees when it comes to company goals. To reinforce this view management served Thanksgiving dinner to the employees and the question was who was that serving? (The same individual telling you to be more productive out from behind the desk)

Numerous minor safety issues which could be a result of the focus on growth but combined these issues could impact that growth and be more costly in the long term.

Pros: GTM is appears to take care of its employees, strives to offer better benefits while maintaining a competitive product. Company expects employees that accept a job for a certain wage to be productive. Having worked union/nonunion jobs prior to GTM I would argue that GTM cares and continues to share with the employees the results of their labor. The flexibility of what GTM has to offer is exactly why I have settled in Manhattan and recommend this community to others. Manhattan is better off because of what GTM represents. Could it be better, of course. Would I purchase stock in the company were it available, saving my pennies. – less
Production Support (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 27, 2012
fun, fast pace environment. Awsome co-workers and helpful managers.
VARY DIFFICULT ATMOSPHERE
FLOOR (Current Employee), MANHATTAN KSOctober 22, 2012
Cons: can't count
TYPICAL DAY. DOING THE WORK OF TWO GETTING PAID FOR THE WORK OF HALF OF ONE.
Not a Secure Place to Work - not Family Friendly
Accounting (Former Employee), ManhattanOctober 10, 2012
Pros: growth oriented
Cons: no job security, turnover, management turnover, low raises, nepotism
GTM has a history of hiring talented people and suddenly releasing them for no reason. Most of the company direction is dictated by only a couple VP's. The management is fickle and the way they carelessly hire and fire have given them a terrible reputation locally. It happen at all levels of the organization. Janitor to VP...none are secure.

Before – more... you join GTM, I recommend asking around town to see what is the general opinion. You will find that the job comes with high anxiety and the pay is not up par. – less

November 20, 2012

If you are under 30 you may be fine. If you have no obligations in life that require you keep a secure position in a work place, you will also be fine. As a person somewhat older than that you will be discouraged at the extreme misuse of power by management with a total lack of respect, regardless of a life time of experience. I have no question that the mangement may be well qualified in the tasks they are assigned and devoted to their jobs....but as a team managing PEOPLE they are a failure. The juvenile misuse of power borders abusive!!! The Pay is far below the expectations and the lack of security is not at all worth the risk.