GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews in United States

A place to work.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2016
This company is great if you are looking for a job. They hire lots of people each year in production, however, if you want a career, you might want to look elsewhere.
Pros
health care clinic, discounts at some restaurants, free gym membership
Cons
Company is trying to become a great company again, but its hard when it has a disease
Fun place to work, pay lower than most jobs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2016
Pay is lower for sales then most jobs especially with new sales structure. Management is great. Hours are great as well.
Great Corporation
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 12, 2016
Makes you feel like an entrepreneur. Awesome leadership and mentoring program! Excellent training and great team environment.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2016
A fun place to work with advancement opportunities available. Many different positions and shifts available. The work culture is laid back and very productive.
Great enviornment with employees
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 13, 2015
My typical day at work consists of starting my day by preparing and order for a customer to make sure everything is in adequate order for them. When i am finished with the order I ship it out to warehouse where they then ship it to the customer. I have learned a lot about myself working here at GTM. I have learned how to be more organized, being a better team player, and so on. My coworkers are like family to me.every person has a different background and different lives and its fun to get to know people and become like family. We have always been there for each other even after some has left GTM.I would have to say i don't believe i have a hardest part of my job because i have been cross trained very easily in all but one department. I really enjoy most of my job, including the bad days. There's always a great outlook to everyday while I am working.
Pros
free gtm clinic for employees and they're families
Cons
insurance is really expensive and not a great company
Stressful place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2015
Management made changes every day, it was difficult to keep up with your job duties and responsibilities. Never knew from one day to the next if you had a job. Always looking for ways to get rid of people who had been there very long. If you weren't a "yes man" you were in jeopardy. No appreciation for those who had been there a long time and would do whatever needed done for the good of the company.
Pros
Cons
Management (or lack there of), stressful, not team orientated.
Great place to work!
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 26, 2015
GTM is a great place to work! As it is team-oriented, everyone is always ready to help out whenever needed. Lower level management is extremely hands off. Great work/life balance as you only work M-
F and an occasional Saturday. Very flexible hours for students.
interesting place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 16, 2015
I always knew what I was going to do which was interesting to me, the challenges were making sure the orders got out on time.

I learned how to be more self reliant as far as keeping my machines running so I could professionally complete the orders in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was waiting for orders, thankfully that didn't happen very often.

Loved the challenges, keeping everything flowing and the finished product.

Learning all the time.
Pros
free coffee in the mornings, and many many potlucks.
Cons
when work was slow it was very slow
Sinking ship
Employee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
With the new software update (which is the excuse used for everything that goes wrong), this company is quickly sinking. Management keeps cutting hours / employees in order to fix all that is broken. Unless you're related to a director or above, don't even bother. You won't get promoted and you won't get a raise.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, CEO
Productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 28, 2015
The people and team mates are some of the finest people you will work. Great opportunities are given to those who stay with the company.
Great people with good values
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul/MPLS, MNAugust 17, 2015
Great place to get your start and make a name for yourself- Good people with great values who care deeply about their clients.
Absolutely horrible company to work for
Spirit Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Management has absolutely zero qualifications for their job position. Morale of employees is horrible. The owner is great, but has no idea what is going on underneath of him. If you want to be successful in this company, make friends with your boss. Otherwise you are on your way out the door.
Pros
dresscode is pretty lax.
Cons
management, pay sucks, work environment
Great place to work if you are a scholar of Kansas State University
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2015
GTM Sportswear was a fun, exciting, eventful, and fulfilling place to work until the company went through a drastic management change. If you are a student in the Manhattan, KS area then this company is perfect for you. They will work around your school schedule and the pay is very generous even for part time employees.
Pros
good starter place for students
Cons
poor management
Embroidery Dept.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the busy dept. I thrive on challenges and this position gave it in spades. Everyone was team oriented and many improvements were being made when I left to increase production.
Easy but boring job
Embroidery Machinist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 7, 2014
The people I met working here were awesome but the job itself was horrible if you're one who likes to interact and talk to other people. If you're in productions, or embroidery specifically, expect to be on your feet the whole time you're there doing the exact same thing for hours. It's easy money but it gets extremely boring.
Small business feel in a constant growing company.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 12, 2014
GTM maintains much of the small town business feel despite it having ~900 employees and sales on the international level. Sometimes the small feel can hurt it though, as it seems there is a lack of communication between departments at times. Overall, I think GTM is a great place to work and I have met many great people working here.
Pros
free health clinic, good benefits, steady work
Cons
lack of communication
People great, work not so much
Creative Director | Staff Photographer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 12, 2013
I developed the marketing department from its humble beginings for 9 years. During a difficult time in my personal life, I had to make some decisions that would greatly affect myself and my family. In making those decisions, I had to put my family first which did not sit well with manangement, which in turn led to my termination of employment. During my tenure, I had no issues prior. It was a surprise to learn this.
Pros
challenged, creative freedom, environment, flexible hours
Cons
biased, management
Enjoyed the work their
Screen Print Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KsJuly 5, 2013
I learned how to embellish images on clothing. The management was okay, except the supervisor was not understanding at times. The job was not hard at all, in fact I loved when we were busy because time went fast. The co-workers there are friendly and I got along with all of them. I enjoyed inking up the screens and setting up for the operator.
Pros
good benefits and pay for the most part
Cons
chemical aroma would get to me sometimes, it is too hot during the summer in screen print dep.
Not a Secure Place to Work - not Family Friendly
Accounting (Former Employee) –  ManhattanOctober 10, 2012
GTM has a history of hiring talented people and suddenly releasing them for no reason. Most of the company direction is dictated by only a couple VP's. The management is fickle and the way they carelessly hire and fire have given them a terrible reputation locally. It happen at all levels of the organization. Janitor to VP...none are secure.

Before you join GTM, I recommend asking around town to see what is the general opinion. You will find that the job comes with high anxiety and the pay is not up par.
Pros
growth oriented
Cons
no job security, turnover, management turnover, low raises, nepotism
Alienated Work Environment with No Support
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 16, 2013
It's hard to take vacation hours. You may hear from your boss, if you're lucky, once a week. There is no support from your boss or upper management. When you ask for help you don't get it. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Expect the same results as other reps are having with less resources and support. No encouragement or recognition when you are doing well, but lots of backlash when you fall behind or are having a rough period of time. They say they like to hire from within and encourage advancement, but it doesn't happen. They are known to hire people that are less qualified in experience and education than the people they are managing.
Pros
very independent work environment
Cons
no support or good communication from direct report

2.9