GTM Sportswear

GTM Sportswear Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management (or lack there of), stressful, not team orientated.
Management made changes every day, it was difficult to keep up with your job duties and responsibilities. Never knew from one day to the next if you had a job. Always looking for ways to get rid of people who had been there very long. If you weren't a "yes man" you were in jeopardy. No appreciation for those who had been there a long time and would do whatever needed done for the good of the company.
interesting place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free coffee in the mornings, and many many potlucks.
Cons: when work was slow it was very slow
I always knew what I was going to do which was interesting to me, the challenges were making sure the orders got out on time.

I learned how to be more self reliant as far as keeping my machines running so I could professionally complete the orders in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was waiting for orders, thankfully that didn't happen very often.

Loved the challenges, keeping everything flowing and the finished product.

Learning all the time.
Sinking ship
Employee (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Management, CEO
With the new software update (which is the excuse used for everything that goes wrong), this company is quickly sinking. Management keeps cutting hours / employees in order to fix all that is broken. Unless you're related to a director or above, don't even bother. You won't get promoted and you won't get a raise.
Embroidery Dept.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the busy dept. I thrive on challenges and this position gave it in spades. Everyone was team oriented and many improvements were being made when I left to increase production.
Absolutely horrible company to work for
Spirit Sales Representative (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: dresscode is pretty lax.
Cons: management, pay sucks, work environment
Management has absolutely zero qualifications for their job position. Morale of employees is horrible. The owner is great, but has no idea what is going on underneath of him. If you want to be successful in this company, make friends with your boss. Otherwise you are on your way out the door.
big company with its own employee store
Production Artist (Former Employee), kansas cityFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free memberships
Cons: sometimes disorganized
great company has full benefits and 401 k pays for travel good company moral recognizes your talents and efforts company also pays for lunch from time to time
GREAT
Machine Operator (Former Employee), KansasJanuary 29, 2015
enjoyable
caring coworker
healthy environment
easy going people
Great place to work if you are a scholar of Kansas State University
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good starter place for students
Cons: poor management
GTM Sportswear was a fun, exciting, eventful, and fulfilling place to work until the company went through a drastic management change. If you are a student in the Manhattan, KS area then this company is perfect for you. They will work around your school schedule and the pay is very generous even for part time employees.
A company that allowed my hobby to become my career!
Territory Manager - MidWest Region (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 16, 2014
Pros: quality and fun products to share with my customers
Cons: poor communication from the managers and inside staff.
A typical day at work included cold calling as well as cultivating close relationships with customers to deliver the highest level of customer service and loyalty. Daily appointments combined with some cold calling to make the best use of my time in the field.

I learned that communicating with the customers clearly and quickly is extremely important to keep the customer confident in the product/service and building them into repeat customers.

Management can vary, some of them were extremely vested in the employees, while some managers treated us merely as a face in the crowd or a number. Managers came from multiple backgrounds and had lots to offer, though in some instances they had no industry experience.

The hardest part of my job was often that we were not able to be onsite and have a pulse on our production. There were often times that there would be problems inn the warehouse or in HQ that the outside sales team wasn't made aware of. Information would sometime make it to customer before the sales reps knew anything.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to combine a hobby that was near and dear to my heart into a job that my experience, knowledge and connections all complimented one another.
Easy but boring job
Embroidery Machinist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 7, 2014
The people I met working here were awesome but the job itself was horrible if you're one who likes to interact and talk to other people. If you're in productions, or embroidery specifically, expect to be on your feet the whole time you're there doing the exact same thing for hours. It's easy money but it gets extremely boring.
GTM Sportwear
JR Graphic Designer (Current Employee), sunrise,flSeptember 24, 2014
Pick up and order, Get art redrawn or in high resolution for printing, odor separate, set up the proof, send to Rep and they will send to the customer to get it approved or rejected with revisions. (on to the next order) If rejected we will revise the proof until its approved and then send it out to print. do atleast 50 orders or more a day.
Great place to advance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short handed on technicians very stressful job
A typical work day would be coming in and checking around the work floor to see what issues from the previous shift. checked on urgency and if it was causing any harm the machines and or operators. Safety was a huge factor working here. I learned how to fix multiple machines from different companies very quickly. From other maintenance techs working and also the companies reps. The management was good at making sure tasks were being completed or if issues arose with certain machines to let me know so I was able to fix the problem. The co- workers had a big part to this job i had to work along with every person that was on the floor helping them get trained and also fixing there machines in a timely manor so that they were able to finish there orders that needed to be (QA) Quality assessed. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the degrees for the different machines of all the moving parts. They did have manuals that told all of them but saved time to just remember them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping out the company tremendously by fixing the machines. I took Pride in what I did.
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee), manhattan, ksAugust 3, 2014
Same work just a different day, alway QA products, not really willing to promote within
Customization Specialists
Team Member (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2014
Great comapny to work for if you like to have a large workload and singular responsibility for orders.
Small business feel in a constant growing company.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free health clinic, good benefits, steady work
Cons: lack of communication
GTM maintains much of the small town business feel despite it having ~900 employees and sales on the international level. Sometimes the small feel can hurt it though, as it seems there is a lack of communication between departments at times. Overall, I think GTM is a great place to work and I have met many great people working here.
Great place to work, great group of people from owner to machine worker.
Team Lead Embroidery (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 28, 2014
Great fun loving atmosphere with exceptional supervisors and workers. Learned much about production order processing, product embellishment, management and company procedure and policy. This is a place where advancement is continuously possible.
A growing company
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: health care, free employee clinic
Cons: slow to no pay raises, convoluted management hierarchy
GTM is a growing company that has its ups and downs.

Graphic artist work is not hard at all, and anyone with beginner level proficiency in Adobe Illustrator should be able to do it without difficulty. That said, to learn the other processes and programs required for the position it takes being able to quickly learn new things and adapt to meticulous detail in order to complete the required amount of art projects in a day. It's a numbers job, you complete the art projects, you fill out the sheet, you clock in you clock out. Pretty cut and dry.

This job is a million times better than waiting tables, or working in retail. I don't have many complaints, and those I do are specific to me as a person and do not directly reflect on the company itself.

The health benefits are excellent for pregnant women. Especially if your spouse already has good insurance.
Fun Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 10, 2014
I liked the people I worked with and was proud of my work. I think that the work environment is safe and efficient. there are many work options at GTM for employment.
Great place to work but more for temporary employees like college kids
Press Support (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: healthcare
Worked third shift 11pm-7am. I learned all the different things that go into screen printing images onto shirts, pants, etc. The best part of the job are my co workers. They made nights go by fast.
Alienated Work Environment with No Support
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 16, 2013
Pros: very independent work environment
Cons: no support or good communication from direct report
It's hard to take vacation hours. You may hear from your boss, if you're lucky, once a week. There is no support from your boss or upper management. When you ask for help you don't get it. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Expect the same results as other reps are having with less resources and support. No encouragement or recognition when you are doing well, but lots of backlash when you fall behind or are having a rough period of time. They say they like to hire from within and encourage advancement, but it doesn't happen. They are known to hire people that are less qualified in experience and education than the people they are managing.
Headquarters