GTN Technical Staffing Employee Reviews

Contract PM review
Network PM (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 17, 2017
GTN as a contract staffing provider is a great group to work with. The people are very helpful and considerate. Any concerns or issues are handled very quickly. I would take another contract with them at any time.
Really good experience
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2017
The staff was friendly, helpful, and cared. I ended up having a medical emergency and had to have surgery while employed by GTN, and they sent me flowers in the hospital and genuinely were concerned with my well being. That's something you don't find in a lot of contract companies.

I really felt like this was a company that cared about me as a person instead of just a number. I would definitely use them again, but the job they got me is one that I intend to keep for the rest of my career 😊.
Pros
Friendly, honest, caring
Great work environment
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
Birds of a feather flock together. Working at GTN is a great environment where staff work together and is a positive work environment. Great benefits as well.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Easy to work with, attention to detail.
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
These folks are not your typical recruiters, they actually listen and apply that to present you in the best light. I was out of work for only two weeks and these folks are most of the reason why.
Supportive environment, good people
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2017
GTN's experienced employees helped me learn unwritten company rules, how to utilize company resources, and understand almost everyone's role. This was quite helpful in quickly getting me up to speed and productive. I appreciate that GTN focuses on teamwork and encourages helping new employees.
Pros
Teamwork, mentoring, resources, critical feedback, positive environment
Cons
Open office environment can be a bit loud at times
Mixed emotions
Sr. Project Manager IT (Former Employee) –  Eaton Rapids, MIMay 15, 2017
I did not have a problem with GTN. Their communication to the staff was very good. They kept you up to date with issues that were going on with the project and provided some insight as to where things were going. However, as things wound down, they got eerily silent.
Awesome People, Good company
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
Its a grind, but that is the name of the game with recruiting. Very laid back owners that just want to see their employees develop, grow and make money. They are extremely open minded to employees doing whatever is needed to progress. If you are making them money, you can literally work however is most comfortable for yourself. This includes in your underwear at home, casually dressed in the office, from 5 to 15 hours a day. If you love recruiting, this is the place for you.
Gtn
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2016
This job has taught me the meaning of verbal customer service techniques. Also how to manage my time wisely, this job includes using the phone and having multiple calls going on all at once.
Casual environment with very involved management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2015
This company is very supportive of its entry level employees while also creating a positive environment for senior recruiters. They have a custom training program that draws heavily on the Flanagan and Zigler schools of sales and actively look for the best possible employees. I came into this company with no sales experience but am now comfortable when speaking to candidates on the phone.

Management is actively involved in the company, working directly with the employees in many cases as an equal. They are still capable of doing the work, they don't just put it off on others.

The employees are great; we have a friendly environment that's further strengthened by monthly company lunches and the occasional group outing. We've gone to play paintball, painted at Painting with a Twist, and done charity events as a team.

The hardest part of the job is that they expect you to be the best you can possibly be. They want driven employees who will work hard to better themselves continuously through training both with the company and on their own. They don't want anyone to stagnate here.

The best part of the job is that you always have access to all the resources you need to meet their standards and you have the full support of your supervisors. It's great working in an environment where you know your boss really believes in you.
Pros
Nerf guns, company outings, monthly luncheons, lots of training, paid breaks
Cons
Pricey health insurance
GTN Technical Staffing
Junior Data Center Architect (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 10, 2015
I found working for GTN and supporting Hewlett Packard was a very rewarding position and I was able to obtain a greater knowledge of hardware in a Data Center environment.
Excellent management and support from Employers
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxApril 2, 2015
I came into GTN as a very green employee. I had no knowledge of recruiting, let alone technology. The staff supervisor and owners provided me with their time, as well as resources such as books on technology and the art of recruiting to make sure I was doing the best I could efficiently. Nonetheless, the best part about working for GTN is that they strongly encourage honesty and integrity when dealing with our candidates.
Growing company!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
Great work environment and knowledgeably management.
Great co-workers and work life balance.
Ability to work on own schedule with little management.
Pros
High income potential
Staffing company
Senior Network Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 22, 2014
Don't expect a corporate culture here. You're completely on your own. That's good in the sense that you will manage yourself.

This company does nothing to proactively management its contracts. Your contract can end suddenly and without warning. In my case, they couldn't even tell me what my contract length of time was. Poorly managed contracts.
Recruiting organization
Senior Recruiter and Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2013
Contacting candidates about suitable jobs, linking them to open jobs, presenting candidates, setting up follow up dates, calling managers for job openings, scheduling client visits, scheduling interviews, Closing candidates on job offers.
Pros
Entrepreneurial environment with helpful management and great training.