Financial & Administrative Support Technician
Experience 2 years Experience
Citizenship Requirement (US Citizen)
Clearance Required TS/SCI Eligible
Location Washington, D.C.
Salary: $55k - $60K
- Ensure that customers are provided superior customer service on all travel related matters.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in properly completing travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Advise staff on the Federal Travel Regulations as well as complex and unusual travel issues.
- Assist the Financial Program Manager, oversee the travel process for traveling staff, coordinating the request from the traveling individual through the Senior Mgmt for approvals.
- Assist in the issuance and approval of travel authorizations.
- Assist in the certification of travel vouchers in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations, and timely submission of the liquidation request to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer of that department.
- Monitor non-federally funded travel by staff and provide semi-annual reports to the Legal Counsel to comply with periodic ethics reporting requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between the travelers and Bureau’s when reconciliation is necessary.
- Provide Agency wide Federal Government travel updates to the staff.
- Assure that all travel related payments to travelers and vendors are accurate.
- Confirm that payment requests from Financial Management Systems are accurate.
- Ensure that any required corrections are completed prior to payment certification.
- Coordinate and manage the request process for passports and visas.
- Follow appropriate country specific procedures to request visas for all staff trips. Coordinate these requests with other agencies for all necessary letters of entry for official business as required.
- Provide administrative and analytical support to the Financial Program Manager in all areas including, but not limited to accounting, budget, procurement, and travel.
- Responsible for communicating and keeping senior staff apprised of any unusual or significant problems expected or encountered.
- Provide recommendations to improve existing procedures and policies in all areas of financial management.
- Serves as the point of contact on all inquiries in the absence of the Financial PM
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet changing requirements
- Demonstrated competence, knowledge, and skill required to review issues, complete projects relative to travel and accounting functions and standard operating procedures;
- Skill in expressing ideas, conclusions, and recommendations effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge and skills needed to provide assistance in financial management relative to travel administration.
- Ability to work harmoniously with individuals for the purpose of defining the impact of various alternatives to a given plan, problem or proposal; establishing and coordinating policies and procedures; and performing special assignments while maintaining the security and integrity of the organization;
- Skill in the use of automated accounting systems such as Oracle and in the reconciliation of budgeting and travel issues associated with the use of these systems (Oracle, GovTrip, Prism) to locate and analyze data;
- Knowledge of regulations governing passport and visa issuance;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in travel and financial systems;
- Knowledge of related financial and travel regulations and rulings as promulgated by the General Accounting Office, General Services Administration, Office of Management and Budget;
- Uses professional competence, knowledge, and analytical skills to review issues, complete projects, and recommend potential policy positions relative to the NSS travel functions, programs, and standard operating procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to research questions regarding travel, budget, and finance;
- Skill needed to locate and assemble information for various reports, briefings, or meetings, and to analyze, read, disseminate, and brief materials quickly and skillfully;
- Ability to provide sound judgment and an organized approach to work projects. Capable of viewing discrete tasks within the scope of the overall mission and objectives of the Agency
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative and dedication to work. Superior ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the Agency staff and other Federal entities;
- Experience in meeting and dealing with people regardless of rank or position; discreet and tactful in furnishing or denying requested information when authorized by the COR
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard