Guam Power Authority Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers & meeting new people.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  GuamJuly 19, 2016
The hardest part of my job was collecting overdue monies from customers who don't have money to pay. Picking up checks from Government & Hotel.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Collecting outstanding monies from customers
Worked under JOBS Program
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guam, GUApril 28, 2015
I really love this company, although I was only a trainee under the JOBS contract. The environment is amazing and management is awesome.
My favorite position as customer service
Office Clerk / Office Control (Former Employee) –  Harmon, GuamApril 28, 2014
It is where I've learned many thing using a computer, and office tools, such as Xerox, fax, etc.. I was working as customer service, office clerk / control clerk. I was made in charged with the next day's schedules for new power accounts and to disconnect power. I got along well with the other employees and the customers.
Pros
got to work directly with customers everyday
Cons
was only for training, with no pay
Family oriented company with upward mobility and cross-training.
Instrument Technician II/ Leader (Current Employee) –  Piti, GUFebruary 4, 2014
Review CMMS backlog for work order write-ups, or verify with control board. Complete any required scheduled or requested PM ad repairs. Work closely with Private management firm in the continued improvement of Power plant. Fun working environment that is positive. Hardest part of the job is timing out. The most enjoyable part of work for me is emergency work, troubleshooting under pressure when time time is of the essence.
Pros
upward mobility in the company and being able to cross-train in other professions.
Fast Paced working Environment
Substation Electrician 2 (Former Employee) –  Hagåtña, GUAugust 24, 2013
Constant training and working mainly outdoors. Always inspecting and doing corrective and preventative maintenance to include housekeeping throughout the Substation. Annual Certification and Recertifications for everything job related
Friendly environment. Good Morale. Good work ethics. Hard workers.
Guam, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dededo, GUFebruary 28, 2013
Productive yet fun. Many characters in the Department! All in good laughs to make someone smile especially when they seem down. I learned a lot about the Operations side of GPA. I learned how to use the Microsoft programs. I learned how things were handled within the company. I learned about the differences/importance of each sections jobs which there are 5 sections. I personally saw how the men worked out in the fields and how hard it is and how long it actually takes.. which made me somewhat change my opinion about the government agencies.. Although, I work in the adminstration area every chance I get i try to go out in the field with a Superintendent/Shop Planner to experience/learn new things within certain sections on how things work. Or during breaks ask them questions about certain things within their section or their position. Or ask to help them do some of their paperwork. the Management.. well, my manager is Awesome. He isn't one to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. Management are all around good people and they look out for the employees' well being. The thing that I appreciate and admire about the authority is that they would acknowledge an employee/former emloyee/Close relative of an employees passing and would ask for us to atleast show face once or at our convenience. All my co-workers and including the upper hand of our department are good poeple too. We coe together if not so busy and some of us eat lunch together. I feel like they are my family. I enjoy and love working where I am working. Truthfully if i had a choice.. i wouldn't quit. On what I have  more... done so far since working for the authority..I can't say that there ever was a hard part.To me the hardest part of the job are with the men and women who go out in the field. The most enjoyable part of the job are the rodeos... And I love when the bowling tournaments come around. we actually get to come together and socialize without talking about work and just mellow down. also, the luncheons for the awards ceremony etc. we try to come together to support another employees achievement. I most enjoy getting things done and having another job given to me right after. Most of all.. I'd like to say that the operations side of GPA is very family oriented. They welcomed me in and I never once even during the interview felt nervous or uncomfortable. They treat eachother as family and help whenever it is needed.  less
Pros
we love our brunches. good salary. the authority pays for schooling.
Productive power company
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  HAGATNA, GUAMJune 13, 2012
I was a cashier so it was always busy. I learned alot about how to deal with irate customers and being compassionate with them and how their power bills are computed. Management was great. I got along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not able to find the difference when a cashier is not balanced. I enjoyed working there because I meet all sorts of people.
Pros
once a month get together to keep the morale up.
Cons
when there is a power outage
basicly good pay descent work,with okay management
Power Plant Operator III (Former Employee) –  tanguisson power plantApril 19, 2012
does not follow their own work place policy and procedure
unless they feel like doing their part,even after telling you that they care and are trying to help
Pros
plenty training seminars
Cons
follows most procedures when convienient to them

Guam Power Authority Reviews by Location