Guaranteed Rate Employee Review

View all Guaranteed Rate reviews

Productive and somewhat fun workplace
Sr. Funding Review Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2013
not an industry I recommend getting into. it depends what department you work how you day to day flow is going to be.
Pros
rooftop deck for employees
Cons
healthcare

Other Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

No Job Security
Commissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
Management is unorganized and unhelpful. They do not have time to clarify on anything. they are so busy that you are required to learn as you go by yourself. they then get angry when you do not submit your work to their standards.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
I would not recommend
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
It is the most cut throat part of the mortgage business that you could be in. I was at another mortgage company before Guaranteed Rate and I was told how they had a huge data base full of people who needed help and are ready to move forward with an amazing process to get the loans closed. I did better than I did at my old company, but the pay and hours wear way worse. They want you to meet daily objectives which can be unrealistic, but they do it so you stay long so you end up with 10 to 12 hours a day. This leads to a huge amount of turn over because the pay doesn't make sense for the amount of hours that you are putting in. All that said I knew it would take a good amount of time to get up and running so I saw it through. I had loans in my pipeline and needed to trust the process they had put in place which was not so amazing. Everyone who works on the loans seems to be newer and keeps asking for the same document that we already had in the file. This lead to missed closings and upset clients. Overall the company has a lot of foundation building to do and they needed give the employees a good work life balance with the pay to match.
Pros
Roof top parties and good colleagues
Cons
pay, work-life balance, processing, stress, clients are being call 10 times a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9