Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

Large company with a good culture around it
Sales Assistant/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 23, 2017
Guaranteed Rate is a very large company with branches all around the United States. While I did not work in the actual corporate office, everyone I spoke with at corporate always had a great attitude and were willing to help at every turn.
April 28, 2017

We do appreciate your feedback. One of core values is working with the best of the best and we do agree the leadership at Guaranteed Rate is made up with very high performing individuals. Cheers, The Customer Success Team

Challenging work environment
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2017
The right individual may succeed here. It is a very challenging and competitive environment with very little work life balance. Management has very high expectations.
April 26, 2017

Your feedback is appreciated. At Guaranteed Rate, we make every effort to support our employees the best we can. It is always suggested that our employees bring forth any ideas, concerns, or questions to management or HR, so we can work together to continue making Guaranteed Rate a great place to work! Cheers, The Customer Success Team

good technology, bad name and branding
Sales Coordinator to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
they have good technology, very hard for consumers in NY market to get past the terrible repuation that the company has though so the tech doesnt really matter much
April 17, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our digital mortage and are constantly striving to provide an optimal work environment for our employees. Regards, The Customer Success Team

Easy job
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2017
Typical day is reviewing files and then shipping them out by the end of the day. Managers are cool, but business fluctuates drastically: sometimes you'll work until 7 or 8pm and sometimes you'll be off by 4. Inconsistent, and they hire a bunch of employees then lay them off 6 months later.
April 28, 2017

Guaranteed Rate continually strives to provide an ideal work environment for all of our employees by embodying a culture that rewards employees for their hard work. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best of luck in any future endeavors! Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Productive & fun workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Loved every minute of working at GR--coming to work, being at work, talking to others about work--and would return in a heartbeat if offered to
April 26, 2017

Thanks for the review! Working with the best of the best is one of our core values and we strive to encompass an environment of teamwork and excitement. Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Remote offices are employee beware
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2017
You are at the mercy of the mortgage loan officer and his/her moods as to whether or not your day will be manageable or will be full of unreasonable deadlines. Research your loan officer before agreeing to work with one. Company cares about sales people not office support.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No management support when faced with hostile work environment
April 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Guaranteed Rate has a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect, where we hope our employees feel comfortable enough to discuss ideas and issues with higher management. Regards, The Customer Success Team.

Loan Originator
Vice President of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Establishing and originating loans via telephone throughout 8 states. Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.The environment is a team setting to manage originating, and pipeline management up until closing.
Bad Management
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Very bad management with employees but pay was good. Terrible training and work environment was not good. Hours are bad also.
January 26, 2017

Your feedback is appreciated. At Guaranteed Rate, our employees are our most valuable asset and we encourage all employees to discuss ideas, suggestions, and issues with any member of our Management or Human Resources team.Sincerely, The Customer Success Team.

Cool
Systems Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Overall great school and my time there was pleasant. I left because they offered no advancement or opportunities for a raise. About par for most schools.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. Although we are not a school, it is wonderful to hear you had a pleasant experience and furthered your education during your time with the company. Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Great work atmosphere and culture of career advancement within company
Appraisal Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2016
I have learned so very much in my time here at the company and have had nothing but encouragement from every aspect of management. Every day that you spend at the company gives you more opportunity to learn about another aspect of the company and the mortgage lending business in general. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new and then can implement what I've learned moving forward. I have already been given opportunity to advance up the corporate ladder in my short time with the company. Management at every level puts more stock into the quality of the work that they believe you are capable of instead of just finding a place for you to mindlessly input data. This is an incredibly supportive work environment and there is nothing other than encouragement to be the best possible employee and member of the team. On top of all of that, this a very inclusive company and a normal day is full of laughs and smiles.
Pros
Great work culture and many corporate office amenities
Cons
Possible arduous workloads during peak seasons of the year.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for this great review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience working with us. We are very proud to be able to offer our employees opportunities for growth and advancement. Our training department has also worked very hard in order to provide a very extensive resource center for continuing education. Thanks again for this wonderful review!

Great place to grow in the mortgage business
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
I came very green into the mortgage business and learned everything to get started and continue to grow and flourish. The management team has been extremely supportive and all of the seasoned LO's are always ready to help. There is a specialist for every type loan handled here and a can do atmosphere. I was skeptical initially after leaving a salary job for one that is a commission based, but trust me financially its worth it
Pros
great team atmosphere, great company events
Cons
none yet
Moved from Chicago - was a temporary job
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
Guaranteed Rate - specifically the appraisals department was under new management and in shambles when I arrived. I had relocated back to Chicago for a period of five months, and was offered the opportunity under false pretenses. Everything about the job was misrepresented and blatantly lied about. I completed three months of employment as a courtesy before relocating to Incline Village, NV.

I worked 11-13 hour days for little to no pay, their 'overtime' is actually illegal and is being audited.

Like I said, I needed a job for a few months before I moved from Chicago, and cleaning toilets would have been a better one than Appraisals Coordinator for Guaranteed Rate.
Cons
A fast growing company with a great culture
Business Development/ Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day for me is helping my loan officers continue to grow their business by creating marketing pieces, maintaining relationships with their referral partners and clients, planning and hosting events and other administrative tasks.
I work alongside a lot of great people that are constantly helping me continue to grow in my abilities. We also feed off each others ideas to help bring the maximum growth to our loan officers. That is certainly the most enjoyable part of the job.
September 26, 2016

We appreciate you sharing your experience. At Guaranteed Rate, we are proud to promote a culture that allows employees to grow professionally and personally. It is our endeavor as a company to deliver results with the help of our exceptional talent. Once again, thank you for your feedback as we will consider it to continue to cultivate an environment in which our employees can excel. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Productive, fast paced, rewarding
VP of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
A day at Guaranteed rate is always very busy yet rewarding. Great training program and great management who is always willing to help. Overall its a great company to work for.
September 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience at Guaranteed Rate. Our employees are one of our most valuable resources and we strive to support their growth both individually and within the company. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Fun but no place for advancement, and awful benefits/ pay
Marketing and Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Great and fun place to be at. People are awesome and enthusiastic. But, it is no place to grow, basically they do NINJA loans, and they have some of the worst health benefits I have ever seen.
September 26, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We will take it into consideration as we strive to improve. Our benefits program is designed to offer employees the flexibility to select benefits that best suit individual needs and goals. These options reflect Guaranteed Rate’s dedication to its employees. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Fun Work Culture/ Low Pay, Long Hours 1/2 OT
System Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
Worked for GR for about 2 years IT. Worked day in and out, early morning and very late nights that did not pay off. Dedicated extra time off work hours to the job only to be misled about my performance and cut when things got bad in the department after i stayed during mass termination and dedicated late hours and weekends to them. What a way to show your support guys!
Great culture with free parties after work (Flat beer and finger food aka leftovers). Great job for entry level kid, but overtime is half pay...YES half pay, hours are long and very demanding and pay is below competitors. No job security!!

i would not recommend working here if your looking for a career, good entry level company to get your feet wet.They do not appreciate you unless your a SA or VP in lending, any other position prepare to slave for them.
Pros
Free parties, nice roof deck
Cons
Low pay, Job security, Bad Management, No Parking, Late Hours, Halftime OT
August 26, 2016

We appreciate you sharing your experience as we strive to continuously improve in all aspects of the company. We encourage our employees to take advantage of the open-door policy to share their thoughts with managers, human resources, and senior leadership. We take all types of feedback seriously and have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel.

The Customer Success Team

Tbd
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2016
It was a good company to start with right out of college, and depending on what department you worked in there was some room for growth. They like to promote a healthy work-life balance, however, this varies depending on what you do for the company and what department you are in.
August 18, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Our core values promotes a healthy, balanced environment while continuing to strive for excellence. We are happy to accommodate both individual and career development. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with Guaranteed Rate.

Customer Success Team

Borderline Illegal
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
GR is a very shady company. Their overtime pay is actually illegal - they call it 'flex pay' or something like that and it equates to about 3 dollars an hour.

Despite experience or qualifications, pay is entry level almost across the board. it is common knowledge that Guaranteed Rate pays well below industry standards.

Salaried positions often work 11-12 hour days..but hey Overtime Right!!???? - yea... 9 dollars per day on average when you work 11-12 hours.

They pay their employees peanuts, but try to keep everyone happy by offering employees a free drink after work every once in awhile.

If you are a recent college grad, its not a bad first gig but anything other than that - RUN.

Management is sloppy and disorganized, as is the hiring process. Nothing works well at GR, no department is effective.

Extremely high turnover rate either from being fired due to challenging a managers ego, or becoming fed up with the garbage pay and long hours.

It is a very cutthroat company and its easy to see why it is so profitable - the lower 80% of the company makes the stockholders and upper management real fat.

The work is extremely repetitive and soul crushing, but hey... picnic on the roof from 5:30 - 7:30!!! AND THERE'S A GYM!!!!! (The gym is a closet sized room with two treadmills - oh and you can't use it as you will never have the freedom from your workload to use it. Most people are punished for taking a full lunch break)

If you have any dignity or self respect, take any other job with any other company.

The Loan Officers do well financially, and almost
  more... all of them are drug addicts.

They treat their borrowers like trash after they have them locked in and often sell their loans without notice.

I was lied to about the responsibilities of the job and lied to about what the work I would be doing would be.

I would have quit immediately after my first day, however I took the job knowing I would be leaving after a few short months.

RUN!!!!!!!

It is funny to laugh about their mass-produced responses to any critique they receive on reviews or social media.. Yea call their customer satisfaction dept.. that'll fix everything!!!!!
Pros
Open work environment... like usually you aren't in a cubicle
Cons
Literally everything you can think of
August 10, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate your input and sharing your experience working at Guaranteed Rate. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel fulfilled in your position with the company. Our goal at Guaranteed Rate is to strive to provide a culture that promotes professional and personal growth. Again, thank you for your feedback.

-Customer Success Team

Fast pace work enviroment and culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 1, 2016
Work is very repetitive and continous through out the day. I am learning about mortgage loan closings. Everyone is pleasant to work with and always willing to help out when needed.
August 9, 2016

We appreciate your feedback on your experience working at Guaranteed Rate. One of our core values is to cultivate a culture of a healthy balanced work life. We continuously strive to provide more advancement opportunities in challenging and fulfilling careers.
-Customer Success Team

Great company to work for
Post-Closing Auditor/TRID CD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2016
Highly professional corporate office that treats their employees exceptionally well while maintaining high quality standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9