Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

Poor Managements of Departments
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
This company is low rated for the Managerial part of it in various departments. Company is still behind on latest technology and employees are a come and go like a revolving door. If asked to advance for more pay increase, chances are you will be replaced.
Pros
Company allow drinking of beer and other after 3pm and bosses buys for departments.
Cons
long hours for short pay.
Company did not care about the employee. Just cared about making their numbers
Mortgage Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
Overtime was required and did not get paid overtime like it should of been paid. Many days worked 10-12 hours and did not get normal compensated for that. They paid half time for overtime so of you made 20.00 per hour, for your overtime you got paid 10.00 and they expected you to stay till everything was done with little help from management
Cons
No breaks and being a closer could not take lunch most days because no one to cover tou
Wort employer I've ever worked for...
Corporate underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
Worked here due to personally knowing the management staff I went to work for. Eventually, a lot of turn over and Sales runs the show at this company, UW manager will not support UW's nor their decisions.
Mortgage Sales is Not for Everyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2017
Worked in the online division. It's definitely better for a traditional employee mindset than typical mortgage sales. That being said... mortgage sales is *expletive* hard. Be prepared to fail at everything you do. Eventually you will embrace the challenge, figure out how to manage yourself, and make a whole bunch of money. Or you'll realize you hate it and everything about it. Then you leave.

I would say that if you're new to mortgages, sales, or both - this is the place to figure out if it's a good fit for you.

As far as the company goes, I've never had more support as a new employee than I had here. Work life is a bit off balance, but only if you don't play hard when you have the chance. I had my own issues with the way the place was sometimes run, but that's more my hangup than their faults.
Pros
Training, Free Leads, Support Staff, Winning Mindset
Cons
Long hours, boys club, hard to learn, hard to do
I loved working there
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Working at Guaranteed Rate was one of the best experiences I had. The environment was great, they have a rooftop café, it was great. The only downfall was the fact that they hire too many people at one time, and I was laid off after just 3 months. If asked to come back to work for the company I would definitely accept the opportunity.
Pros
Great work life balance, and benefits
Cons
Was laid off after just 3 months of employment.
They have a rooftop patio with bar!
Post Closing assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
But it is cold in Chicago 90% of the year!

lease help answer these questions about Guaranteed Rate

How to answer:
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there.
Your answers will help people know more about the company.
Your answer will be shown publicly on Indeed.
How long does it take to get hired from start to finish? What are the steps along the way?
Pros
They had free coffee
Cons
You had to work min wage for free coffee
Large company with a good culture around it
Sales Assistant/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 23, 2017
Guaranteed Rate is a very large company with branches all around the United States. While I did not work in the actual corporate office, everyone I spoke with at corporate always had a great attitude and were willing to help at every turn.
Challenging work environment
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 18, 2017
The right individual may succeed here. It is a very challenging and competitive environment with very little work life balance. Management has very high expectations.
April 26, 2017

Your feedback is appreciated. At Guaranteed Rate, we make every effort to support our employees the best we can. It is always suggested that our employees bring forth any ideas, concerns, or questions to management or HR, so we can work together to continue making Guaranteed Rate a great place to work! Cheers, The Customer Success Team

good technology, bad name and branding
Sales Coordinator to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
they have good technology, very hard for consumers in NY market to get past the terrible repuation that the company has though so the tech doesnt really matter much
April 17, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our digital mortage and are constantly striving to provide an optimal work environment for our employees. Regards, The Customer Success Team

Easy job
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2017
Typical day is reviewing files and then shipping them out by the end of the day. Managers are cool, but business fluctuates drastically: sometimes you'll work until 7 or 8pm and sometimes you'll be off by 4. Inconsistent, and they hire a bunch of employees then lay them off 6 months later.
April 28, 2017

Guaranteed Rate continually strives to provide an ideal work environment for all of our employees by embodying a culture that rewards employees for their hard work. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best of luck in any future endeavors! Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Productive & fun workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Loved every minute of working at GR--coming to work, being at work, talking to others about work--and would return in a heartbeat if offered to
April 26, 2017

Thanks for the review! Working with the best of the best is one of our core values and we strive to encompass an environment of teamwork and excitement. Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Remote offices are employee beware
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2017
You are at the mercy of the mortgage loan officer and his/her moods as to whether or not your day will be manageable or will be full of unreasonable deadlines. Research your loan officer before agreeing to work with one. Company cares about sales people not office support.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No management support when faced with hostile work environment
April 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Guaranteed Rate has a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect, where we hope our employees feel comfortable enough to discuss ideas and issues with higher management. Regards, The Customer Success Team.

Loan Originator
Vice President of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2017
Establishing and originating loans via telephone throughout 8 states. Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.The environment is a team setting to manage originating, and pipeline management up until closing.
May 3, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We agree our POD model allows our loan originators to efficiently manage their pipeline and close more loans.
Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Bad Management
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Very bad management with employees but pay was good. Terrible training and work environment was not good. Hours are bad also.
January 26, 2017

Your feedback is appreciated. At Guaranteed Rate, our employees are our most valuable asset and we encourage all employees to discuss ideas, suggestions, and issues with any member of our Management or Human Resources team.Sincerely, The Customer Success Team.

Cool
Systems Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Overall great school and my time there was pleasant. I left because they offered no advancement or opportunities for a raise. About par for most schools.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. Although we are not a school, it is wonderful to hear you had a pleasant experience and furthered your education during your time with the company. Cheers, The Customer Success Team.

Great work atmosphere and culture of career advancement within company
Appraisal Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2016
I have learned so very much in my time here at the company and have had nothing but encouragement from every aspect of management. Every day that you spend at the company gives you more opportunity to learn about another aspect of the company and the mortgage lending business in general. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new and then can implement what I've learned moving forward. I have already been given opportunity to advance up the corporate ladder in my short time with the company. Management at every level puts more stock into the quality of the work that they believe you are capable of instead of just finding a place for you to mindlessly input data. This is an incredibly supportive work environment and there is nothing other than encouragement to be the best possible employee and member of the team. On top of all of that, this a very inclusive company and a normal day is full of laughs and smiles.
Pros
Great work culture and many corporate office amenities
Cons
Possible arduous workloads during peak seasons of the year.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for this great review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience working with us. We are very proud to be able to offer our employees opportunities for growth and advancement. Our training department has also worked very hard in order to provide a very extensive resource center for continuing education. Thanks again for this wonderful review!

Great place to grow in the mortgage business
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
I came very green into the mortgage business and learned everything to get started and continue to grow and flourish. The management team has been extremely supportive and all of the seasoned LO's are always ready to help. There is a specialist for every type loan handled here and a can do atmosphere. I was skeptical initially after leaving a salary job for one that is a commission based, but trust me financially its worth it
Pros
great team atmosphere, great company events
Cons
none yet
Moved from Chicago - was a temporary job
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
Guaranteed Rate - specifically the appraisals department was under new management and in shambles when I arrived. I had relocated back to Chicago for a period of five months, and was offered the opportunity under false pretenses. Everything about the job was misrepresented and blatantly lied about. I completed three months of employment as a courtesy before relocating to Incline Village, NV.

I worked 11-13 hour days for little to no pay, their 'overtime' is actually illegal and is being audited.

Like I said, I needed a job for a few months before I moved from Chicago, and cleaning toilets would have been a better one than Appraisals Coordinator for Guaranteed Rate.
Cons
A fast growing company with a great culture
Business Development/ Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day for me is helping my loan officers continue to grow their business by creating marketing pieces, maintaining relationships with their referral partners and clients, planning and hosting events and other administrative tasks.
I work alongside a lot of great people that are constantly helping me continue to grow in my abilities. We also feed off each others ideas to help bring the maximum growth to our loan officers. That is certainly the most enjoyable part of the job.
September 26, 2016

We appreciate you sharing your experience. At Guaranteed Rate, we are proud to promote a culture that allows employees to grow professionally and personally. It is our endeavor as a company to deliver results with the help of our exceptional talent. Once again, thank you for your feedback as we will consider it to continue to cultivate an environment in which our employees can excel. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Productive, fast paced, rewarding
VP of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
A day at Guaranteed rate is always very busy yet rewarding. Great training program and great management who is always willing to help. Overall its a great company to work for.
September 26, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience at Guaranteed Rate. Our employees are one of our most valuable resources and we strive to support their growth both individually and within the company. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9