Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews

A fast growing company with a great culture
Business Development/ Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day for me is helping my loan officers continue to grow their business by creating marketing pieces, maintaining relationships with their referral partners and clients, planning and hosting events and other administrative tasks.
I work alongside a lot of great people that are constantly helping me continue to grow in my abilities. We also feed off each others ideas to help bring the maximum growth to our loan officers. That is certainly the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive, fast paced, rewarding
VP of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
A day at Guaranteed rate is always very busy yet rewarding. Great training program and great management who is always willing to help. Overall its a great company to work for.
Fun but no place for advancement, and awful benefits/ pay
Marketing and Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Great and fun place to be at. People are awesome and enthusiastic. But, it is no place to grow, basically they do NINJA loans, and they have some of the worst health benefits I have ever seen.
Fun Work Culture/ Low Pay, Long Hours 1/2 OT
System Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
Worked for GR for about 2 years IT. Worked day in and out, early morning and very late nights that did not pay off. Dedicated extra time off work hours to the job only to be misled about my performance and cut when things got bad in the department after i stayed during mass termination and dedicated late hours and weekends to them. What a way to show your support guys!
Great culture with free parties after work (Flat beer and finger food aka leftovers). Great job for entry level kid, but overtime is half pay...YES half pay, hours are long and very demanding and pay is below competitors. No job security!!

i would not recommend working here if your looking for a career, good entry level company to get your feet wet.They do not appreciate you unless your a SA or VP in lending, any other position prepare to slave for them.
Pros
Free parties, nice roof deck
Cons
Low pay, Job security, Bad Management, No Parking, Late Hours, Halftime OT

Comment – August 26, 2016

We appreciate you sharing your experience as we strive to continuously improve in all aspects of the company. We encourage our employees to take advantage of the open-door policy to share their thoughts with managers, human resources, and senior leadership. We take all types of feedback seriously and have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel. Cheers, The Customer Success Team

Tbd
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2016
It was a good company to start with right out of college, and depending on what department you worked in there was some room for growth. They like to promote a healthy work-life balance, however, this varies depending on what you do for the company and what department you are in.

Comment – August 18, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Our core values promotes a healthy, balanced environment while continuing to strive for excellence. We are happy to accommodate both individual and career development. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with Guaranteed Rate. Cheers, Customer Success Team

Borderline Illegal
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
GR is a very shady company. Their overtime pay is actually illegal - they call it 'flex pay' or something like that and it equates to about 3 dollars an hour.

Despite experience or qualifications, pay is entry level almost across the board. it is common knowledge that Guaranteed Rate pays well below industry standards.

Salaried positions often work 11-12 hour days..but hey Overtime Right!!???? - yea... 9 dollars per day on average when you work 11-12 hours.

They pay their employees peanuts, but try to keep everyone happy by offering employees a free drink after work every once in awhile.

If you are a recent college grad, its not a bad first gig but anything other than that - RUN.

Management is sloppy and disorganized, as is the hiring process. Nothing works well at GR, no department is effective.

Extremely high turnover rate either from being fired due to challenging a managers ego, or becoming fed up with the garbage pay and long hours.

It is a very cutthroat company and its easy to see why it is so profitable - the lower 80% of the company makes the stockholders and upper management real fat.

The work is extremely repetitive and soul crushing, but hey... picnic on the roof from 5:30 - 7:30!!! AND THERE'S A GYM!!!!! (The gym is a closet sized room with two treadmills - oh and you can't use it as you will never have the freedom from your workload to use it. Most people are punished for taking a full lunch break)

If you have any dignity or self respect, take any other job with any other company.

The Loan Officers do well financially, and almost
  more... all of them are drug addicts.

They treat their borrowers like trash after they have them locked in and often sell their loans without notice.

I was lied to about the responsibilities of the job and lied to about what the work I would be doing would be.

I would have quit immediately after my first day, however I took the job knowing I would be leaving after a few short months.

RUN!!!!!!!

It is funny to laugh about their mass-produced responses to any critique they receive on reviews or social media.. Yea call their customer satisfaction dept.. that'll fix everything!!!!!
Pros
Open work environment... like usually you aren't in a cubicle
Cons
Literally everything you can think of

Comment – August 10, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate your input and sharing your experience working at Guaranteed Rate. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel fulfilled in your position with the company. Our goal at Guaranteed Rate is to strive to provide a culture that promotes professional and personal growth. Again, thank you for your feedback. Cheers, -Customer Success Team

Fast pace work enviroment and culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 1, 2016
Work is very repetitive and continous through out the day. I am learning about mortgage loan closings. Everyone is pleasant to work with and always willing to help out when needed.

Comment – August 9, 2016

We appreciate your feedback on your experience working at Guaranteed Rate. One of our core values is to cultivate a culture of a healthy balanced work life. We continuously strive to provide more advancement opportunities in challenging and fulfilling careers. -Customer Success Team

Great company to work for
Post-Closing Auditor/TRID CD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2016
Highly professional corporate office that treats their employees exceptionally well while maintaining high quality standards
This place is for college graduates
Secondary Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2016
The pay is horrible unless you are working as a loan officer or sales assistant. They throw many parties to compensate for the terrible pay and benefits.
Pros
parties
Cons
terrible healthcare, low pay, no support from management

Comment – June 13, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Guaranteed Rate offers competitive pay, and benefits. We value our employees and know they are our number one asset.- Customer Success Team

Excellent Work Place
GFE Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
Very professional company to work for. Management is very understanding and easy to communicate with. I was able to gain valuable knowledge in the real estate field.
Benefits
Cons
Distance from home

Comment – April 4, 2016

We are glad to hear that you were able to gain knowledge at Guaranteed Rate that will help you in your future endeavors. It is important to us to help our employees reach their goals. Thank you for the review! Cheers, - Customer Success Team

Comment – April 11, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear about the knowledge you gained while at Guaranteed Rate! Cheers, The Customer Success Team

Nice place to work, good management to employee communication
IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJMarch 8, 2016
Great opportunity to expand work knowledge
Great employee reward & acknowledgement
Nice work environment
I liked working with all the employees at Guaranteed.

Comment – March 14, 2016

We are very excited to hear you are enjoying working with Guaranteed Rate. We love to reward our employees and help them achieve their goals. Thank you for the review! Cheers, -Customer Success Team

Ok for some. Many not happy with the company. Not paid in the end
VP of Lending (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 4, 2016
Local management did not care about any of my concerns, nor trying to improve the process. Everything was perfect in their own minds.

Process of closing loans is difficult, and frustrating. The 'Digital Mortgage' is miss-leading. It is an online application process, and a way to submit income documents through a website instead of email or fax. Nothing different than many mortgage companies.

If you want any of the leads from company advertising you must pay hundreds of dollars to company, and agree to take a smaller commission on all other closed loans

After leaving I was unpaid on commissions owned to me because of a technicality. They may be able to hold back commissions but it shows bad faith.
Pros
Many loan programs to offer clients
Cons
Not paid on closed loans. Expensive marketing for the loan officer
Fast paced work environment
Assistant to the Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Guaranteed Rate has a very fast paced working environment. Things can change very rapidly and you must be able to adapt quickly. My co-workers are great and they are the best part of my job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Located in Schaumburg

Comment – February 26, 2016

We appreciate the review and are happy to hear you are enjoying your position at Guaranteed Rate! - Customer Success Team

Guaranteed Rate...
Post Closing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Working at GR was a fantastic learning experience. They had great incentives, great managers, and free parking. *thumbs up*

Comment – February 17, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your experience while you were with Guaranteed Rate. Cheers! - Customer Success Team

Over stresses and under payed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Strictly driven by a couple sales team. God bid you disagree with sales or management. Company only interested in closing loans regardless of the quality of the borrower
Pros
Cons
Poor benifits and work environment

Comment – February 17, 2016

Guaranteed Rate prides its self in Customer Service and takes it very seriously. One of our main core values is "putting the customer first". We appreciate the feedback as we continuously strive to be the best in the industry and make Guaranteed Rate a better place to work. - Customer Success Team

great co-workers
SA (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 22, 2015
Fun environment, many different areas to work in and one with entry level experience can move into.

Learn a lot about the mortgage business

Comment – January 18, 2016

At Guaranteed Rate we promote a healthy, balanced and fun work life, and are happy hear you found that in your position with us. We appreciate the review! - Customer Success Team

Temporary position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 20, 2015
There is nothing to say about this company. It was a position that was produced for their needs and when they had them filled, they disbanded the position.

Comment – January 18, 2016

We appreciate the feedback as we are always trying to make Guaranteed Rate a better place to work. - Customer Success Team

5 Star Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers
• Build and maintain rapport with customers

Comment – January 18, 2016

We appreciate the review! Guaranteed rate strives to be the best by providing the best customer service while working in a team environment to accomplish company goals. - Customer Success Team

Cozy space on North Side of City
GFE Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago IL.May 18, 2015
The work space was cozy and there are many people.
The environment outside the work place is casual, residential, and busy.
Bathrooms and kitchen are clean.

A typical day there starts with e-mails and ends in e-mails. There is constant communication concerning every individual's job in the company , through e-mail or phone. I learned how to manage many files of information, while working with them and completing and then starting work. I learned how to work efficiently for myself and keep up to date with the amount of files given in a day/week.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear about your time with Guaranteed Rate, and the skills you were able to take away from your position here. - Customer Success Team

Nice environment, good people, lots of fun activities for the Holidays
Closing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
I come into work Mon-Fri knowing exactly what i need to do, never different. I learned a lot about mortgages and life and balancing it all together. I enjoy everyone I have met or worked or for within the company. Everyone is so nice and treated equally in my personal opinion. There is always room for improvement as well as opportunities to advance. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to occupy myself when times get a little less busy. Most enjoyable thing is free coffee all day.
Pros
free coffee, Fun holiday activities, and fun people
Cons
longs days, the early mornings, busy months

Comment – January 18, 2016

We value your feedback and are pleased to hear about the knowledge you gained while at Guaranteed Rate! It is important to us that our employees maintain a healthy, balanced and fun work life. - Customer Success Team

2.9