Guaranteed Rate

Guaranteed Rate Employer Reviews

its ok
JUNIOR RECRUITER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
not bad i guess. i liked the people, management is OK. all you do is recruit loan officers.
Good opportunity to advance and build upon your skill set
Fixed Asset Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
Pros: cafe, gym, corporate nurse
Cons: high health care cost, poor management
Guaranteed Rate is a great organization where you can roll up your sleeves, help move improvement along successfully, and be a team player.
Horrible
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), SchaumburgJuly 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Good is never good enough. Far too many politics. Managers fire the best talent becasue they don't like them and keep people with no eductiona nd no work ethic.
Over promise - under deliver
VP of Mortgage Lending (loan officer) (Current Employee), UtahJune 26, 2014
Pros: great rates are thier strength
Cons: inflated managment egos
When recruiting, they will promise how easy it is to work for them. Don't be fooled. It's no different and in some cases you need to do more. All loan officers are given title of VP which means nothing. Just a great sounding title. You must produce at high levels or you get threatened with termination. They have a "pick-a-pay" program where loan officers – more... can decide how much to get paid. The problem is that affects what rates you can give the consumer. If someone in the same office is willing to work for less, your client can call them and get a better rate. No continuity at all. Management all have inflated egos and are hard drivers. God forbid you get one complaint as they will be all over you - hey, this is the mortgage business where things sometimes don't go as planned.

The one good thing is they do have some of the lowest rates - especially if you find the right VP (loan officer) with a low "corporate objective". – less
Not for a seasoned professional
Processor (Former Employee), chicago, ilApril 22, 2014
Pros: chef, monthly massage and gym on site
Cons: pay, poorly treated
Horrible work environment. Young loan officers each given title of VP. The title provides inflated ego. Half of them do not have any experience. They treat processing horrible. Expected to go above and beyond. Processing figures the program, gathers all information from clients, sends doc packages out. If items are not returned, it is processing fault. – more... Pay is below average. Goals are unrealistic, unless you have a team of seasoned processors. You do not have an opener. As processing, you are basically originating, opening, pre underwriting and processing. – less
Great company but bad management
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Upper management ignores the little people and doesn't treat them with respect.
well run company with enjoyable work experience
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great office facilities, great management
Cons: relatively low compensation, low job security as is nature in the industry
Guaranteed Rate had a good work atmosphere because of the people that work there. It is a great team atmosphere that is conducive to productivity and an enjoyable work experience. It is well run from top executives down to the managers.
Customer satisfaction employee satisfaction
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: declining loans
A typical day at work consisted of; Prioritizing my work for the day/week, returning phone calls, taking care of fundings, satisfying conditions on my approvals, working on new applications, contacting customers for missing information on loan application, updated paystubs, asset statements or whatever I needed at that time. We were responsible for – more... the analyzing our customer's income and credit before the loan was submitted to underwriting.
Meeting strict deadlines. I regularly worked with title, escrow, appraisal company and credit vendors to get the job completed.
The management was very supportive and wonderful. I had the support I needed and could go to them with anything.
There wasn't much to say about my colleagues, we all kept very busy and sat in cubicles. Our office was very quiet. Everyone was pleasant and got along well. We worked on teams in the beginning of my employment, but after a while it worked out better just one processor per pipeline.
The hardest part of the job was contacting customers if they did not qualify for the loan. My main objective was to save them money by lowering their payment and if they were in a bad situation and did not qualify that was a tough phone call to make.
The most enjoyable part of my job, as with any job is regular contact with my customers and the positive feedback I would get from them.
Keeping them happy made all the hard work worth it. – less
THERE IS NO JOB SECURITY FOR WORKERS, TOO MANY MANAGERS
Conforming Agency Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: corporate has a few perks, some can work from home remotely
Cons: too many managers, too many audits, accountability is not given to those that deserve it.
They just decided to do a massive layoff. Some found out from "word of mouth". Cold and calculated, they laid off some of the best and brightest workers. Good luck for any of us finding a job any time soon. Told it was nothing personal, however none of the loan officers that turn in garbage loans seem to have been affected.
Those let go treated with – more... no respect. The employees mean nothing except for the VP's. Almost everyone else is subject to disrespect and treated like dirt. – less
Not a fostering environment.
VP lending (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 11, 2013
Pros: they paint you with a nice title
Cons: it's all about them, their brand and screw you
It's a lot of push, and a self pay as you go sales environment. You pay, they do not.God forbid you show some originality and step out of the mechanics of their formula.
work /life balance issues
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2013
high production required/ remote employee so no micro mgmt. but also difficult to learn on the job with no one to reach out to
Productive and somewhat fun workplace
Sr. Funding Review Auditor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2013
Pros: rooftop deck for employees
Cons: healthcare
not an industry I recommend getting into. it depends what department you work how you day to day flow is going to be.
Growing company with competitve pay and benefits
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 15, 2013
Pros: work from home, friendly people supportive of family life balance
Cons: hard to get support being remote
Daily pipeline of loans supplied from POD. Underwriting and due diligence of mortgages loans. Supported closers, coordinators and loan officers in loan originations. I learned a lot about Encompass, FNMA and FHLMC guidelines. Also learned HARP product underwriting. Hardest part of job is not knowing what will come into your queue from one day to the – more... next. Made it difficult to balance the work load and stay on top of volume levels. Enjoyed working with the people there and having capability to work remote. Free to make decisions and operate independantly. Good experience. – less
Great Environment
VP Of Mortgage Sales - Convention/Prime/FHA (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2013
Highly prefer, work from home, great balance, great management
Misinformation from the top down
Business Development / Loan Coordination (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Cons: see above
I was hired to do a very specific job for a high-end loan originator who in turn was brought into the organization for very specific reasons. From the beginning he was lied to, as documents and emails in writing as part of the terms of hiring us were ignored and forgotten by corporate.
Additionally the tools promised us were denied, and in turn our – more... promised salaries were not paid.
A few short months after bringing us in, the one tool we designed with corporate was taken and most of us laid off.
In addition to the problems at the corporate level, the local level management was derisive and condescending to all employees.
Avoid this joke of a company if at all possible. – less
Broken Promises
Vice President of Mortgage Lending (Current Employee), Walker, MISeptember 3, 2013
Promised everything, delivered nothing. No support for remote branches.
Must be a "yes" man
Nurse Practitoner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2013
Pros: gym, cafe, proximity to brown line
Cons: lack of partnerships, respect for opinions
I was fired for following the standards and practices of my profession, which was in house medical care. Management is aggressive when you object to anything or have a differing opinion. Everyone in the company is expendable and I saw people working 12 hours days because they feared being fired.
Working for a fast paced and growing company where upper management lets you take initiative and lets you write your own rules
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
Pros: corporate gym, flexible work time-depends on your manager, you are in control of your work day;
Cons: short breaks, punching in and out-despite the fact that you are exemp, extremely bad 401 k benefits matching, for every month of work you earn less than a day of vacation
Nice co-workers and relaxed environment.
Management is responsive when it comes to providing the tools to get the job done.
There are bi-monthly pizza parties and small year end bonus.
There are no written manuals and procedures so you are pretty much on your own - it`s your responsibility to complete your job in the most efficient way.
productive environment
Underwriting Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2013
Pros: company really takes care of their employees
Cons: lower management didn't really know what was going on very much.
Other than lower management being a pain to work with guaranteed rate is a great place to work.
My take
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2013
Great place to work, nice atmosphere. You have to be a self starter, can be a very busy environment at time. Overall I had a nice experience.