Guaranteed Rate Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Work Place
GFE Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
Very professional company to work for. Management is very understanding and easy to communicate with. I was able to gain valuable knowledge in the real estate field.
Benefits
Cons
Distance from home

Comment – April 4, 2016

We are glad to hear that you were able to gain knowledge at Guaranteed Rate that will help you in your future endeavors. It is important to us to help our employees reach their goals. Thank you for the review! Cheers, - Customer Success Team

Comment – April 11, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear about the knowledge you gained while at Guaranteed Rate! Cheers, The Customer Success Team

Over stresses and under payed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Strictly driven by a couple sales team. God bid you disagree with sales or management. Company only interested in closing loans regardless of the quality of the borrower
Pros
Cons
Poor benifits and work environment

Comment – February 17, 2016

Guaranteed Rate prides its self in Customer Service and takes it very seriously. One of our main core values is "putting the customer first". We appreciate the feedback as we continuously strive to be the best in the industry and make Guaranteed Rate a better place to work. - Customer Success Team

Ok for some. Many not happy with the company. Not paid in the end
VP of Lending (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 4, 2016
Local management did not care about any of my concerns, nor trying to improve the process. Everything was perfect in their own minds.

Process of closing loans is difficult, and frustrating. The 'Digital Mortgage' is miss-leading. It is an online application process, and a way to submit income documents through a website instead of email or fax. Nothing different than many mortgage companies.

If you want any of the leads from company advertising you must pay hundreds of dollars to company, and agree to take a smaller commission on all other closed loans

After leaving I was unpaid on commissions owned to me because of a technicality. They may be able to hold back commissions but it shows bad faith.
Pros
Many loan programs to offer clients
Cons
Not paid on closed loans. Expensive marketing for the loan officer
Do not work for guaranteed rate- bad company
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY..... They are unprofessional and will mislead you in every way possible. The management style is poor. The compensation is very low and there's no support. I would highly recommend you to not take a position with this company. I was there for a while and didn't meet a single LO, LC, MS, etc that was happy or was able to do their job at Guaranteed Rate. The Atlanta Branch is specially dysfunctional. The benefits are so expensive 380 dollars a month because it is a private company. Also Overtime for operations positions is paid in a very unusual way to were you only get a small calculation they have sometimes you could work 20 hours of overtime and get 60 dollars. I

This company is by far my worst experience. I would highly recommend you to ask questions and do a lot of research before taking a job. Layoffs happen monthly, people quit daily, loans are reassigned, not a pod flow.

Comment – January 6, 2016

Guaranteed Rate is always working towards making it a great place to work. We have many ways in which we support our employees from the training department to the national support center. These departments are readily available for employees in all departments, and we always are looking for new ways to assist our staff. Our POD flow model is very different from other mortgage companies, and was designed to streamline the loan process. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

This place is for college graduates
Secondary Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2016
The pay is horrible unless you are working as a loan officer or sales assistant. They throw many parties to compensate for the terrible pay and benefits.
Pros
parties
Cons
terrible healthcare, low pay, no support from management

Comment – June 13, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Guaranteed Rate offers competitive pay, and benefits. We value our employees and know they are our number one asset.- Customer Success Team

Great company to work for
Post-Closing Auditor/TRID CD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2016
Highly professional corporate office that treats their employees exceptionally well while maintaining high quality standards
Fast paced work environment
Assistant to the Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Guaranteed Rate has a very fast paced working environment. Things can change very rapidly and you must be able to adapt quickly. My co-workers are great and they are the best part of my job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Located in Schaumburg

Comment – February 26, 2016

We appreciate the review and are happy to hear you are enjoying your position at Guaranteed Rate! - Customer Success Team

Nice place to work, good management to employee communication
IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJMarch 8, 2016
Great opportunity to expand work knowledge
Great employee reward & acknowledgement
Nice work environment
I liked working with all the employees at Guaranteed.

Comment – March 14, 2016

We are very excited to hear you are enjoying working with Guaranteed Rate. We love to reward our employees and help them achieve their goals. Thank you for the review! Cheers, -Customer Success Team

Working for a fast paced and growing company where upper management lets you take initiative and lets you write your own rules
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
Nice co-workers and relaxed environment.
Management is responsive when it comes to providing the tools to get the job done.
There are bi-monthly pizza parties and small year end bonus.
There are no written manuals and procedures so you are pretty much on your own - it`s your responsibility to complete your job in the most efficient way.
Pros
corporate gym, flexible work time-depends on your manager, you are in control of your work day;
Cons
short breaks, punching in and out-despite the fact that you are exemp, extremely bad 401 k benefits matching, for every month of work you earn less than a day of vacation
Terrible, made me hate my life
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Unless you are one of the highest producing loan officers at this company, don't expect much. Benefits are extremely expensive, over $200 per pay period.

Managers are extremely unprofessional and came to work looking like they are heading to the club.

They hire a lot of people and fire a lot of people constantly, very high turnover rate.

Comment – January 6, 2016

We appreciate your feedback as we strive to make Guaranteed Rate a better place to work. Employees across all departments receive support through the training department and our national support center. In regards to our benefits, we provide our employees with the flexibility to select benefits that suit their individual needs, which include healthcare, vision, dental and other voluntary benefits. Guaranteed Rate is dedicated to providing the best options for each individual. Again, we appreciate the feedback as we always work towards improvement.

Guaranteed Rate...
Post Closing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
Working at GR was a fantastic learning experience. They had great incentives, great managers, and free parking. *thumbs up*

Comment – February 17, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear about your experience while you were with Guaranteed Rate. Cheers! - Customer Success Team

well run company with enjoyable work experience
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2014
Guaranteed Rate had a good work atmosphere because of the people that work there. It is a great team atmosphere that is conducive to productivity and an enjoyable work experience. It is well run from top executives down to the managers.
Pros
great office facilities, great management
Cons
relatively low compensation, low job security as is nature in the industry
Excellent advancement opportunities
Post Closing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Day to day operations were straightforward with a consistent amount of work. The tasks were repetitive and rather dull but compensation and expectations were fair. The culture of the office was friendly and colleagues regularly went out after work.

Comment – January 6, 2016

We appreciate the feedback. One of our core values is a healthy work life balance, so we pride ourselves around the company culture that has developed as a result.

Great enviornment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
great atmosphere to work in. unfortunately in my position you rely on what others are generating and if loan officers don't have loan deals you're pretty much waiting for work.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
expensive benefits
Temporary position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 20, 2015
There is nothing to say about this company. It was a position that was produced for their needs and when they had them filled, they disbanded the position.

Comment – January 18, 2016

We appreciate the feedback as we are always trying to make Guaranteed Rate a better place to work. - Customer Success Team

great co-workers
SA (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 22, 2015
Fun environment, many different areas to work in and one with entry level experience can move into.

Learn a lot about the mortgage business

Comment – January 18, 2016

At Guaranteed Rate we promote a healthy, balanced and fun work life, and are happy hear you found that in your position with us. We appreciate the review! - Customer Success Team

Cozy space on North Side of City
GFE Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago IL.May 18, 2015
The work space was cozy and there are many people.
The environment outside the work place is casual, residential, and busy.
Bathrooms and kitchen are clean.

A typical day there starts with e-mails and ends in e-mails. There is constant communication concerning every individual's job in the company , through e-mail or phone. I learned how to manage many files of information, while working with them and completing and then starting work. I learned how to work efficiently for myself and keep up to date with the amount of files given in a day/week.

Comment – January 18, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear about your time with Guaranteed Rate, and the skills you were able to take away from your position here. - Customer Success Team

5 Star Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers
• Build and maintain rapport with customers

Comment – January 18, 2016

We appreciate the review! Guaranteed rate strives to be the best by providing the best customer service while working in a team environment to accomplish company goals. - Customer Success Team

Nice environment, good people, lots of fun activities for the Holidays
Closing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
I come into work Mon-Fri knowing exactly what i need to do, never different. I learned a lot about mortgages and life and balancing it all together. I enjoy everyone I have met or worked or for within the company. Everyone is so nice and treated equally in my personal opinion. There is always room for improvement as well as opportunities to advance. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to occupy myself when times get a little less busy. Most enjoyable thing is free coffee all day.
Pros
free coffee, Fun holiday activities, and fun people
Cons
longs days, the early mornings, busy months

Comment – January 18, 2016

We value your feedback and are pleased to hear about the knowledge you gained while at Guaranteed Rate! It is important to us that our employees maintain a healthy, balanced and fun work life. - Customer Success Team

A great first job out of college
National Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
This is a great first job out of college! I work under great upper management and am challenged.The culture is young, unique, and fun. There is room for career advancement and I feel supported and encouraged to strive for that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranteed Rate. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5