Guaranteed Returns Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 30, 2017
Guaranteed Returns was data entry
we entered products into the dada base by scan or 10
I liked that there were no nights or weekends
they pay could be better
Pros
easy job no nights or weekends
Cons
poor pay
Horrible place to work
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 20, 2017
Owner and company found guilty of many federal crimes, mail fraud, theft from the Federal Government, theft from customer, etc. Culture has not changed.
Nonproductive workplace
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NY 11741September 27, 2017
Company in enditment slowly losing business. Where employees don't move up on merit but on who they are friends with. Management lazy, Human Resources is for the company's benefit not for the employees concerns. Company owner to be sentenced for stealing.
Pros
Work hours are great
Cons
Everything else
Productive and best
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 31, 2016
A participative stylein work environment is an open-door method of managing in which you get things done by motivating people and delegating responsibility
I enjoyed working at Guaranteed Returns
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 28, 2016
I have learned a lot from working at guaranteed returns. The company has many rules and regulations that should always be followed due to the type of product they are dealing with. My productivity is always excellent. I exceed my daily required task/goal. I learned how to process with the 1st week of being trained.
Pros
good company to work for
fun place to work
Receiving sorter (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 29, 2016
typical day would consist of loading and unloading trucks. I've learned to paste myself and not to rush through things. There wasn't a hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was working with different people.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
short breaks
Productive and enjoyable work place
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 30, 2015
Family owned business with great management team and co-workers. Management was available when needed and helpful. Work environment was relaxed, friendly and enjoyable.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Health Insurance was very expensive.
Where to begin
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMarch 7, 2015
Field reps - undervalued, underpaid pawns. Treat us like employees but hire us as 1099 contractors to save on taxes. Very limited career advancement opportunities. Management is clueless to what goes on in the field, yet continues to make poor decisions. They still think they are the biggest and the best(the shipped sailed long ago)
Pros
Set own schedule in the field, great people in the field
Cons
just about everything but the 2 pros.
Decent work expierience
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 11, 2015
The job itself was a good job the co workers were a great bunch of people to work with. In the end have it was more or less the upper management that took away from this job.
Pros
the team work to get a job done
Cons
lack of communication
Typical Warehouse
Material Handler/Scanning Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 4, 2014
Decent management and a very clean warehouse make it a enjoyable environment to be a part of.
Stay far away this place sucks
sorter/receiver (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYAugust 13, 2014
Former receiving department employee, this place sucks. For a girl you're alright but If you're a guy they make you unload the truck over 500 boxes when the girls don't do nothing. Got only a 8 cent raise for a year former other employee got a 4 cent raise. Treated unfairly if someone is sick they make you do the truck twice. Employees are good that's about it.
Pros
7-3 shift
Very low wages
Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 14, 2014
Management and Co-workers, great group of people
Nothing hard about the job of data entry
Work day was to enter medical supplies into database
The most enjoyable part of the day was breaks and lunches when I got the chance to speak with co-workers
Pros
Easy sit down job entering info into the data base
Cons
very low wages
Steady 9-5 job with benefits
Controls Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 12, 2014
After working very hard for a year I was promoted and finally able to put my skills to their fullest use. Good company to work for, especially starting out, there is room to grow here if you put the work in.
A very different "warehouse" job. Definitely not for everyone.
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYAugust 18, 2013
Very dusty warehouse, going through lots of messy, heavy boxes of pharmaceutical returns.
Learned lots of different names and types of drugs, and medical devices.
Management (GM+higher) has a poor attitude. Pay is low, for dealing with possibly hazardous materials and broken glass in boxes. Workers are very expendable and turnover is quite high. Surveillance/searches are a bit overboard (even though drugs are the "product").
Most of my co-workers were nice, and play well with others. Some lone wolves, but that's typical.
The hardest part of the job was lifting 60-lb boxes, dealing with boxes sent from prisons (don't ask!), and just the sticky mess you'd sometimes find.
The best parts of the job (besides clocking out at 3) were my immediate supervisors, who were human beings, and the friends I have there.
Pros
The 7am-3pm day shift hours
Cons
Low pay, few opportunities to advance
N/a
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 6, 2013
Too much security . and they are always changing the rules on you overall I didn't like the Holbrook building but the Ronkonkoma building was okay.
Pros
N/a
Family owned
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJune 19, 2013
Family owned company, cheap...No advancement, never understanding of personal issues.
most of the co worker were good
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMay 26, 2013
I got along with a lot of my coworkers . my job was to help unload the trucks that came into the building palletise boxes close skids and wrap pallets.we got a 15 minute break and a half hour for lunch. my co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job
under appreciated
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMay 21, 2013
I worked in the ronkonkoma and Holbrook building for almost 4years
This company is the worst you are always under constant watch. You have to sign to go to bathroom when you go and when you come back and get searched. You get a raise only once a year and is only like 10-40cents.your Christmas bonus is $150.00.and even if you are processing the fastest you can with minimal errors they get on your case.In order to get a good review there you need to kiss the managers behind.And that's the Holbrook building. Iy think the ronkonkoma building is a better place to work at. But all in all only work at this place if its the only place you can get hired at.And watch your back because you'll get fired for any little reason.
Pros
hours of work 7-3:00pm
Cons
everything
felt like i was in prison
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  holbrooke nyMarch 25, 2013
always have to take off shoes, even to use bathroom. turn pockets inside and out. want you to clock in 5 mins early from lunch and start time but didnt compensate for it.
Productive and stress free work environment with good life/work balance
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of developing strong professional and personal relationships with 80% of my contacts. A typical work day involves being on the road traveling to work sites. During my tenure, I have learned the ins and outs of a new industry within the pharmaceutical field, allowing me to develope my communication skills and sales approach further.
Pros
good life/work balance and relaxed atmostphere
Cons
80% to almost 100% of travel and no benefits package