Guaranty Bank / Best Bank

Guaranty Bank / Best Bank Employee Reviews

Better to Say No Than Yes
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2017
If you are interested in a sales position with a financial institution, this would be a good starting point. Keep in mind that this organization, due to a very publicly court ordered Cease and Desist, cannot provide any customer loans. You will not gain experience in loan origination, the ability to pull credit scores, or loan/mortgage servicing. As an assist branch manager, you will be supervising between three to five personal banker, and most likely given control of all other branch functions, including branch audits, off-site origination's, in-store event management.

Do use this organization as a stepping stone, but do not rely upon this organization to provide continuing education, growth or professional development.
Cons
The bank offered 401k is not employer matched
old school banking
Jr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
gone now, but community leader in so many basic products and services that we now all take for granted. simple effective products made for the client.
Productive learning envorment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Ilove going to ork and learning new things everyday.Best Bank was a great job, they thaught u on how to mange your own money.
Unorganized workplace with lackmof vision or respect for cultural diversity.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 30, 2016
The worst bank that a person who wants to help people with their financial futures could ever work for. The management has no idea what they are doing. The company practices a business strategy that could be viewed as racist and prejudice.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2016
I like the products they offer. Credit builder and easy checking. Open 7 days a week. Sales oriented and incentive pay. Different levels of positions
Pros
Free checking
Cons
Favoritism
ghgh
Personal Banker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 29, 2016
• Assist customers, open/close bank accounts, monthly audit, cash handling, cross-selling, fill ATM, filing papers, light cleaning duties, answer phones, cash checks, verify check, process debit card orders, prepare cash for shipment, and sales
Productive work place where everyday is a learning experience.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 14, 2016
Great place to work for if you want a flexible schedule, decent hours and love creating and maintaining relationships with everyday people.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Communication from upper management to outlying branches
Guaranty Bank
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 9, 2016
Very productive work place. I strongly believe In the mission statement which is to provide exceptional customer service, products and services to all middle class families.
Pros
Great product and services, Good compensation
Cons
Not enough locations
It's a family based bank and a safe place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIOctober 5, 2016
the hardest part of the job is the hours being away from your family. I love being around my team and my customers that's the best part of my day.
work/life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Glenwood, ILOctober 5, 2016
Coming from retail and being given the opportunity to work at a bank was a great feeling. The hours are great and the training program is excellent. Working in a Walmart was actually fun and exciting.
retail sales
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 19, 2016
Reduce 50% food cost by importing supplies straightly from Taiwan while improving product quality
Manage company sales, marketing, and event/festival scheduling, 100% Return on Investment within 6 months in business Promote & build food truck industry in Atlanta, GA & The art of dealing with government officers
Guaranty Bank Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me and another employee opening the branch, processing the ATM, getting everyone their drawers ready to open, making sure all the systems are updated and ready for the day. Throughout the day, conducting transactions for existing customers, establishing leads with non-customers, conducting/scheduling off-sites for potential leads and business partnerships, strengthening customer relationships. By the end of the day we are balancing our drawers, filing all of the day's paperwork, making sure all money has been ordered for the next week, completing any other assigned tasks and regulatory procedures. Lastly, we are securing the branch, making sure all the systems are shut down and ready for use the next day, locking up and closing the branch. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new and existing customers, answering their questions, comments or concerns, educating them on the company products and services, as well as company policies, on top of getting to know each and every customer on a personal level.
overall summary of job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 7, 2016
Guaranty Bank/Best bank great company to work different from most banks helps out the hardworking families.Very active in the community helping small business grow also.
Good employees and loved going to work everyday...
Computer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 30, 2016
We have three techs in our back office of 200+ employees and another 300+ in surrounding branches in Wisconsin and Illinois.
One of us techs are on call for the week and that individual would deal with just road so he would have to have desktops built and ready to go in case he is called upon to leave to a branch. The other two techs would have back office tickets that come through from hardware to software issues.

Co-workers are great to work with and very open to talk to, very good communication between us all and learn everyday from each other.

Recently our manager of three years had just the Desktop Team and just in the past year he was given Service Desk also and when Desktop Team has questions he just doesn't have time or he says talk amongst yourselves and solve the issue, when we do for some reason it's not the way he would of done it.

Hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of management.

Most enjoyable is seeing all the users everyday and building those relationships and when an issue gets resolved the happiness on their faces are priceless.
Pros
Learning everyday and perks
Cons
A lot of cutbacks in the past year and more to come
Guaranty Bank
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 29, 2016
My typical day of work would consist of assisting clients in their time of need due to a lost family member or close friend. Previously, I have been responsible for managing 10-15 employees at any given time. In the past my co-workers have found me pleasant and upbeat in my responsibilities. The most difficult part of any employment has been being my worst enemy. I have always sought for perfection. The Best part of my employment is seeing the smile and satisfaction on my clients face and their appreciation of my work for them.
Pros
Customer or client satisfaction!
Cons
At present I see no Cons.
Fast pace working environment, with great team mates.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2016
Fast pace, interactive, cross sales and full of high energy positive work mates. The mangement team is unique, the hardest part is the long standing hours. I enjoy the daily team work is awesome.
Pros
Multi diversity
Cons
Long standing hours
not typical bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 17, 2016
in a typical day we have to go out side to market the products that the banks offers, for my co-workers some are great bout there is a lot inside drama
Great people, great place!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2016
I loved my time at Guaranty Bank. It was my first job in the banking world and it really inspired me to continue my bachelor's degree in business/marketing. Guaranty Bank was a small, local bank. I do wish I was paid more, but for a first job in the world of bank, I was happy and okay with it. My co-workers and managers were some of the best people I have ever met! The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to greet and help new people every day. Interacting with people is one of my favorite things.
Pros
atmosphere, paid time off, loved the work I did
Cons
low pay
Family Oriented Workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
I truly have loved my time here. The company is a family owned business and as employees, we are treated like we matter. Top level management is accessible and open to fresh ideas and creativity. The growth opportunity is also excellent. I was promoted through ranks from a part-time sales associate to a Branch Manager in 20 months. Compensation could be a bit more, but a great benefits package and monthly incentive package help make up the difference.
Floating Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2016
Every day is an opportunity to learn new things on the fly. A typical day at work is full of live interaction, consistent tasks to complete and a positive atmosphere. Co-workers are on the same page and supportive of one another. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday and educating customers of new products and services that are most valuable to their lifestyle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guaranty Bank / Best Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

66%