Guaranty Bank / Best Bank Employee Reviews

retail sales
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 19, 2016
Reduce 50% food cost by importing supplies straightly from Taiwan while improving product quality
Manage company sales, marketing, and event/festival scheduling, 100% Return on Investment within 6 months in business Promote & build food truck industry in Atlanta, GA & The art of dealing with government officers
Guaranty Bank Review
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me and another employee opening the branch, processing the ATM, getting everyone their drawers ready to open, making sure all the systems are updated and ready for the day. Throughout the day, conducting transactions for existing customers, establishing leads with non-customers, conducting/scheduling off-sites for potential leads and business partnerships, strengthening customer relationships. By the end of the day we are balancing our drawers, filing all of the day's paperwork, making sure all money has been ordered for the next week, completing any other assigned tasks and regulatory procedures. Lastly, we are securing the branch, making sure all the systems are shut down and ready for use the next day, locking up and closing the branch. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new and existing customers, answering their questions, comments or concerns, educating them on the company products and services, as well as company policies, on top of getting to know each and every customer on a personal level.
Good employees and loved going to work everyday...
Computer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 30, 2016
We have three techs in our back office of 200+ employees and another 300+ in surrounding branches in Wisconsin and Illinois.
One of us techs are on call for the week and that individual would deal with just road so he would have to have desktops built and ready to go in case he is called upon to leave to a branch. The other two techs would have back office tickets that come through from hardware to software issues.

Co-workers are great to work with and very open to talk to, very good communication between us all and learn everyday from each other.

Recently our manager of three years had just the Desktop Team and just in the past year he was given Service Desk also and when Desktop Team has questions he just doesn't have time or he says talk amongst yourselves and solve the issue, when we do for some reason it's not the way he would of done it.

Hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of management.

Most enjoyable is seeing all the users everyday and building those relationships and when an issue gets resolved the happiness on their faces are priceless.
Pros
Learning everyday and perks
Cons
A lot of cutbacks in the past year and more to come
Guaranty Bank
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 29, 2016
My typical day of work would consist of assisting clients in their time of need due to a lost family member or close friend. Previously, I have been responsible for managing 10-15 employees at any given time. In the past my co-workers have found me pleasant and upbeat in my responsibilities. The most difficult part of any employment has been being my worst enemy. I have always sought for perfection. The Best part of my employment is seeing the smile and satisfaction on my clients face and their appreciation of my work for them.
Pros
Customer or client satisfaction!
Cons
At present I see no Cons.
Fast pace working environment, with great team mates.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2016
Fast pace, interactive, cross sales and full of high energy positive work mates. The mangement team is unique, the hardest part is the long standing hours. I enjoy the daily team work is awesome.
Pros
Multi diversity
Cons
Long standing hours
not typical bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 17, 2016
in a typical day we have to go out side to market the products that the banks offers, for my co-workers some are great bout there is a lot inside drama
Great people, great place!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2016
I loved my time at Guaranty Bank. It was my first job in the banking world and it really inspired me to continue my bachelor's degree in business/marketing. Guaranty Bank was a small, local bank. I do wish I was paid more, but for a first job in the world of bank, I was happy and okay with it. My co-workers and managers were some of the best people I have ever met! The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to greet and help new people every day. Interacting with people is one of my favorite things.
Pros
atmosphere, paid time off, loved the work I did
Cons
low pay
Family Oriented Workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
I truly have loved my time here. The company is a family owned business and as employees, we are treated like we matter. Top level management is accessible and open to fresh ideas and creativity. The growth opportunity is also excellent. I was promoted through ranks from a part-time sales associate to a Branch Manager in 20 months. Compensation could be a bit more, but a great benefits package and monthly incentive package help make up the difference.
Floating Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2016
Every day is an opportunity to learn new things on the fly. A typical day at work is full of live interaction, consistent tasks to complete and a positive atmosphere. Co-workers are on the same page and supportive of one another. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday and educating customers of new products and services that are most valuable to their lifestyle.
good experience at best bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 5, 2016
Its very good company to start working for as banker in the beginning. because there is a lot of responsibility to handle and learn almost everything like a manger.
Super sales oriented company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJuly 30, 2016
Guaranty bank is a very slow bank. We are inside Wal-Mart so you are entertained by people watching otherwise not that busy. It teaches you how to sell to people and teaches you great people person skills because you have to talk to random people all the time. The customers here are great and so are the workers but too sales pushy. It is impossible to move up in the company if you don't meet your sales goal on a monthly bases. They have nice PTO though.
Pros
Personal time off
Cons
No breaks/ Lunches
Its ok to work here if you have no banking experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 18, 2016
Started best bank as a teller/ sales associate and grew within two years as an assistant manager. Great company to start to gain experience and grow in the banking industry.
Enjoyable place very culture friendly.
Teller/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 11, 2016
A typical work day consist of smiling checking members in and out of the facility. Maintaining a clean work environment. Answering telephones. Scheduling workouts and appointments. I learned to multitask and stay on top of things. Management was awesome very helpful. The hardest part is working out. The most enjoyable is seeing people accomplish their goals.
N/a
Personal Banker/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2016
The job overall was good I enjoyed working with customers face to face. Management was different depending on the locations you worked for even if you were a floating banker. The job was good but Guaranty Bank went through a major change. Benefits were cut and some positions were dropped that was my major reason for changing jobs.
Great
Regional Manager/Traveling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2016
Great time. Great people. Great leadership. Great working environment in my opion. Think it was awsome I would go back if offered
N/a
Sales Associate and Teller (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 28, 2016
A good place to work. A good place to advance.
Good benefits as well. Flexible hours will work with your schedule.
Will advance in 6 months.
Not the best place to work
FULL-TIME PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIJune 24, 2016
Sales pressure is strong. Especially towards the end of the month, all managers are trying to get their branch to goal which means a nasty attitude towards employees not meeting their goal. Most managers are hired without the required qualifications. I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor Managment
Laid back and community based workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 14, 2016
> Simple work
> Nice co-workers
> Lots of multitasking
> The management could be better
> Pretty good benefits and PTO
> Job is enjoyable most days
Pros
Inside a mall, PTO
Cons
sitting down all day
the best company i worked for
FSR III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work - is everyone doing there job, and helping customers. What you learned - that you lean something new every day. Management - they are there if you need help and there door is always open. co-workers - we help each other out when one is be hide on work. and we all got along with each other. The hardest part of the job - dealing with an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job - i like to help customers with there needs and to make sure they leave with a smile.
Pros
enjoying potluck with co-workers
Cons
healthcare as not to great
Uncertain Future
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 24, 2016
Worked for Guaranty for almost 2 years, I should have known from day one that something was wrong. Training was nonexistent, pretty much this is your job and this is what to do. No training on their systems, culture or really their mission. What their one and only focus is to sell revenue generating products because they are losing so much money and are still under order from the OCC (have been since 2009, has to be some type of record). The upper management just puts blame on the branch staff and as far as I could tell were never held accountable for their performance. I was lied to and misled about my job so many times, I asked my manager to be honest and upfront with me And I'd do the same, nothing but lies. They've been closing branches and reducing staff for past two years, even though the CEO said that wouldn't happen. The company is losing money and I would assume they won't be around much longer. They only see their customers as $, charging as many fees as they can, then they refuse to help them. They don't treat their employees much better, expect them to bust their tails for a mear $100 bonus a month. I would t wish my worst enemy a job here.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, horrible hours, unreliable future

Guaranty Bank / Best Bank Reviews by Location