Guard.com Employee Reviews

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 30, 2014
Manage new claims, record statements from injured workers and all necessary persons, manage diary. Manage your phone and emails. Settle claims, prepare state required documents in a timely manner. Manage your bills and faxes. Managements' door is always open. My coworkers i considered to be a great Guard family. Hardest part of the job is explaining wages so the person truly understands clearly. Most enjoyable is the nice rapport i have with coworkers, management, and customers.
Pros
Corporate funtions
Cons
Issues with medical benefits
Productive, Challenging and great Management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 7, 2013
Guard Insurance Group is a great place to work. They have a decent starting salary and the management there is outstanding. On a daily basis I would:
• Investigating losses and determining coverage
• Obtaining and reviewing evidence, reports, and records
• Establishing damages and reserves
• Processing payments
• Taking statements from insured’s, claimants, medical providers and witnesses
• Evaluating policies and contract language to identify coverage issues
If I ever had any questions I would just ask a coworker and they were all happily ready to help.
The hardest part of this job was getting use to the software.
The most enjoyable aspect of this job was interacting with many different people, investigating worker compensations claims and making determinations and the environment was pleasant.
Pros
Great management, challenging and regular office lunches.
Cons
The work can get overwhelmig fast.
It was not for me.
Sr. Claims Specialist / Litigation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJAugust 19, 2013
I was there for about a year. I can't say that I had a bad experience, during the time I was there, my daughter was born and the company, being very family friendly was understanding to my work/life balance needs. The folks I worked with were very nice. I think that had I been there at a different time in my life my experience would have been different.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
N/a
Comfortable environment with good coworkers
Business Systems Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 15, 2013
As an intern, a lot of my work was assigned to me by my supervisors. Most of the time, I would have to read through testing results to add information to documents or procedures. I would also edit any document passed down to me by my supervisor.