Guardian Alarm Employee Reviews in United States

Good Start Up Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 30, 2016
Okay Job...No Advancement. Good job for a College kid, but don't depend on making a great deal of money here. Higher ups have no idea what's really going on. In all honesty you're just a pawn in this business
Pros
NONE
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT!
Fun work place stressful at times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 14, 2016
It was a stressful place to work at times. Challenging position which is a good thing. Always learning new things. No work day was ever the same always some thing new
Good People
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 22, 2016
They work around your schedule after 90 days. You get to meet new people. High turnover rate. Most of the clients are great, the pay could be better.
Interesting
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 5, 2016
More of a set schedule better pay for all the work that we do they should give us gas money for the sites that we go to but I like that we have to call in to clock in
Pros
you can make own schedule
Cons
pay
A Day at the job.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2015
I enter a crowed stockroom to collect Hardware and materials for my job assignments. I talk a little shop talk with fellow workers before we depart to our Commercial and Residential Customers. Your on your own once you leave the work place..I google addresses all day on my gps and make scheduled appointments all day.I must commmunicate with a service support team to transmit signals, test, fire systems,and cameras systems.My day goes by fast because I stay busy. I like the inneraction with our clients. I developed a sells pitch to keep are customers interested in our upgrated products and new Services.Being a Service Technician is a dailey learning experience .
Pros
Working alone, Meeting People, Sharpening Skills. Take breakes when I need one.
Cons
No company car. Sometimes not Enough working hours. Would like to see income increase.
Fill In Liaison
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2015
I only filled in when the Liaison was absent from the duties, where we had to go on site to ensure that our product was to the organizations standards.
Visual and physical awarness
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 30, 2014
Typical day on duty would consist of back to back patrols on foot of empty storage yards, on either mornings to late evenings. on many occasions in the colder weather of the seasons officers are required to sit in his/or hers vehicle but are not compensated for gas mileage to and from or nor constant running of personal vehicle to stay warm.
Working by myself...awesome
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 2, 2015
Securing various venues in the Downtown Detroit area. A typical shift includes filling out the log sheet of any activity every hour. Contacting the company of any suspicious activities while on duty
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
boring
Poor management as they never answer the phone.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 15, 2013
I would walk around twice every hour, do clocks, fill out log sheets. I learned how to do the clocks and fill out log sheets. The management is poor. They never answer the phone or call back when it's needed. I 'm by myself at my post, so I had no co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being out in the all elements to do the rounds. The most enjoyable part is making the money to support my family.
Pros
there were no pros to this job.
Cons
the cons were you are exposed to the elements at all times so it is easy to get sick.
Guardian Alarm is a great company to work for.
Alarm Response (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioOctober 26, 2014
We focus on customer service. If we forget our customer needs, then they will no longer need us. Guardian Alarm strive for the best in their employees, their work ethic and the products we provide our customers.
Communication is highly encouraged on all levels.
Pros
excellent benefits

Want to know more about Guardian Alarm?

Ask a question
Security Dispatcher
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 9, 2012
handle very large call volume, place officers at various sites in the field, Alert the Field Office Supervisor (FOS) of any Incidents, fuel requests, alarm responses, call offs, and NO CALL NO SHOWS(NCNS). Maintain the work monitor system, making sure the officers who are scheduled in system clock on and off duty and do their wellness checks
drive your own car
Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 7, 2012
If you've been there a while its a decent place to work because you get all the big jobs in the nice neiborhoods. If you're just starting you get all the jobs in Detroit where roaches are falling out of the walls and crawling in the kids high chair (personal experience)
Pros
you learn quite a bit
Cons
bad areas to work for a while
Guardian employee (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 7, 2013
Guardian Alarm is a great place to work! Co-workers are generally friendly. The company is moving towards a more advanced technical environment. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days.
Pros
free lunches 1x month, referral rewards
Cons
only 1 week vacation for new hires
Residential Sales (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2012
Guardian Alarm is a great company with an excellent culture. It is privately owned by the Pierce family which contributes to the fun family atmosphere. Management is very focused on employee and company growth.
Pros
fun, employee appreciation day, great benefits
Productive and fun work enviornment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2012
Easy work and not stressful. Learned how to multitask at this job. Management was great and cared about their employees. The hardest part was basically nothing. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I learned things that was very new to me.
Midnight shift
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 30, 2013
Answering alarm trip calls all night.
Dispatching police to some of our commercial accounts during alarm activity.
Pros
mutitasking, dispatch and customer service rep.
Cons
midnight shifts are low call volume.
nice
Human Resources Coordinator/Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 28, 2015
nice nice nice great company ????????/ great day overall good family business
fine
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2014
I never met a manager however I did have one yell at me over the phone. Manager said don't call me.
Tried to call off for a funeral was told it didn't matter to them.
GAC is family owned and family oriented.
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 4, 2014
GAC is a great place to learn, build and be employed. I have learned so much at GAC and what I love most is they are family driven.
Comfortable and stable work place with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day at Guardian Alarm Company would be a fast paced call center with a professional dress code and employees with a specific skill set to provide exceptional customer service.

I was trained to take commercial and residential burglar alarms and was quickly promoted to the medical monitoring division which requires excellent multitasking skills in using dual computer monitors and two forms of telephone-communication: head set and multi-line phone, often at the same time. Following trained protocol is highly important in any situation especially in emergencies.

The hardest part was training itself and learning all the required materials but they give a sufficient amount of time in training and it becomes easy to learn with time and repetitive experience.

I enjoyed the stability of the job and the office environment with temperature control and work space accommodations.
Pros
monthly employee appreciation lunchin, free gym at work place, weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, work weekends and holidays, inconviniet work hours depending on shift

2.9