Guardian Alarm

Guardian Alarm Employer Reviews

Visual and physical awarness
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 30, 2014
Typical day on duty would consist of back to back patrols on foot of empty storage yards, on either mornings to late evenings. on many occasions in the colder weather of the seasons officers are required to sit in his/or hers vehicle but are not compensated for gas mileage to and from or nor constant running of personal vehicle to stay warm.
Guardian Alarm is a great company to work for.
Alarm Response (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioOctober 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
We focus on customer service. If we forget our customer needs, then they will no longer need us. Guardian Alarm strive for the best in their employees, their work ethic and the products we provide our customers.
Communication is highly encouraged on all levels.
fine
Security guard (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2014
I never met a manager however I did have one yell at me over the phone. Manager said don't call me.
Tried to call off for a funeral was told it didn't matter to them.
GAC is family owned and family oriented.
Lead CSR (Current Employee), Southfield, MIApril 4, 2014
GAC is a great place to learn, build and be employed. I have learned so much at GAC and what I love most is they are family driven.
Family owned and operated
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 3, 2014
Friendly company to work for. Owners greet each employee personally.
Comfortable and stable work place with great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: monthly employee appreciation lunchin, free gym at work place, weekly pay
Cons: short breaks, work weekends and holidays, inconviniet work hours depending on shift
A typical day at Guardian Alarm Company would be a fast paced call center with a professional dress code and employees with a specific skill set to provide exceptional customer service.

I was trained to take commercial and residential burglar alarms and was quickly promoted to the medical monitoring division which requires excellent multitasking skills in using dual computer monitors and two forms of telephone-communication: head set and multi-line phone, often at the same time. Following trained protocol is highly important in any situation especially in emergencies.

The hardest part was training itself and learning all the required materials but they give a sufficient amount of time in training and it becomes easy to learn with time and repetitive experience.

I enjoyed the stability of the job and the office environment with temperature control and work space accommodations.
Poor management as they never answer the phone.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 15, 2013
Pros: there were no pros to this job.
Cons: the cons were you are exposed to the elements at all times so it is easy to get sick.
I would walk around twice every hour, do clocks, fill out log sheets. I learned how to do the clocks and fill out log sheets. The management is poor. They never answer the phone or call back when it's needed. I 'm by myself at my post, so I had no co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being out in the all elements to do the rounds. The most enjoyable part is making the money to support my family.
good learning experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 10, 2013
Pros: good boss
Cons: better pay
work under a good boss I learned how to work late model computer
I was fired
Security Guard (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 7, 2013
I was fired from this position early. I feel that I was fired before I was given a chance to prove myself.
DTW
Alarm Responder/Investigator (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 7, 2013
Pros: departure
Cons: arrivals
Vendors was a political outlook of product in and out of corridors. Fuel is a resource used in my experience here.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 4, 2013
A good place to work. And the schedule flexibility was very good.
Midnight shift
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: mutitasking, dispatch and customer service rep.
Cons: midnight shifts are low call volume.
Answering alarm trip calls all night.
Dispatching police to some of our commercial accounts during alarm activity.
Guardian employee (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches 1x month, referral rewards
Cons: only 1 week vacation for new hires
Guardian Alarm is a great place to work! Co-workers are generally friendly. The company is moving towards a more advanced technical environment. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits after 90 days.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 19, 2012
Easy work and not stressful. Learned how to multitask at this job. Management was great and cared about their employees. The hardest part was basically nothing. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I learned things that was very new to me.
drive your own car
Alarm Installer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 7, 2012
Pros: you learn quite a bit
Cons: bad areas to work for a while
If you've been there a while its a decent place to work because you get all the big jobs in the nice neiborhoods. If you're just starting you get all the jobs in Detroit where roaches are falling out of the walls and crawling in the kids high chair (personal experience)
Security Dispatcher
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 9, 2012
handle very large call volume, place officers at various sites in the field, Alert the Field Office Supervisor (FOS) of any Incidents, fuel requests, alarm responses, call offs, and NO CALL NO SHOWS(NCNS). Maintain the work monitor system, making sure the officers who are scheduled in system clock on and off duty and do their wellness checks
Residential Sales (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: fun, employee appreciation day, great benefits
Guardian Alarm is a great company with an excellent culture. It is privately owned by the Pierce family which contributes to the fun family atmosphere. Management is very focused on employee and company growth.

Guardian Alarm Salaries