Guardian Alarm Employee Reviews

work
Residential Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2017
fun
good staff
liked the job
enjoyed advancing into armored
sold off that side of the business
good work life balance
challenging work
would work there again
Two Jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 30, 2017
for some reason this is two jobs merged together. Adecco is a staffing agency, and Brundidge Management is the franchise owner name for a McDonald's job I worked for.
Its a job
ARMED GUARD (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
I have worked there for a few months and the enviornment is not comfortable. Job duties and pay do not match. Treatment of employees is not fair and management seem cold and uncaring.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unstable work schedule
its ok but could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2017
short lunch breaks, no room to advance, would like to see more happy people working here, free uniforms and free lunch on certain event days. management is ok but could be better
Most boring thing in the world
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 16, 2017
I can't imagine how brain dead somebody has to be to stay here for very long. If staring at walls for minimum wage is your sort of thing, you might like it here. Can't use your phone, can't read a book, can't fall asleep. If the person scheduled to work after you doesn't show up, they'll expect you to drop everything and work a 16 hour shift, and threaten to fire you if you don't.
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Guardian gives it's employees every opportunity to have fun and make money while doing it. The give each employee their own schedule, then you get to pick and choose which jobs fits you. I believe this is the best way possible to handle employees. I believe this because there shouldn't be any issues, since they give you opportunity to work around any issues that may occur.
Guardian Alarm
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day of work at Guardian Alarm was me overlooking the caterers unload their truck while I was in my vehicle. It consisted of long hours. The reason I am no longer with Guardian Alarm is because of poor management.
Nice place to work if you avoid management
Commercial Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo Ohio officeDecember 5, 2016
This is a great place to work if your lucky enough to work in any department but sales from the Toledo office. Management only helps a chosen few in the office.
Pros
Sales commissions
Cons
No help from sales manager's
fast paced unpredictable
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 19, 2016
Answering multiple phone calls, faced paced great co workers , unpredictable, quality worker, enjoyable experience with great skill building
Pros
team days
Cons
at will job
Fun work place stressful at times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 14, 2016
It was a stressful place to work at times. Challenging position which is a good thing. Always learning new things. No work day was ever the same always some thing new
Good Start Up Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 30, 2016
Okay Job...No Advancement. Good job for a College kid, but don't depend on making a great deal of money here. Higher ups have no idea what's really going on. In all honesty you're just a pawn in this business
Pros
Cons
No advancement!
Good People
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 22, 2016
They work around your schedule after 90 days. You get to meet new people. High turnover rate. Most of the clients are great, the pay could be better.
Interesting
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 5, 2016
More of a set schedule better pay for all the work that we do they should give us gas money for the sites that we go to but I like that we have to call in to clock in
Pros
you can make own schedule
Cons
pay
Fill In Liaison
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2015
I only filled in when the Liaison was absent from the duties, where we had to go on site to ensure that our product was to the organizations standards.
A Day at the job.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2015
I enter a crowed stockroom to collect Hardware and materials for my job assignments. I talk a little shop talk with fellow workers before we depart to our Commercial and Residential Customers. Your on your own once you leave the work place..I google addresses all day on my gps and make scheduled appointments all day.I must commmunicate with a service support team to transmit signals, test, fire systems,and cameras systems.My day goes by fast because I stay busy. I like the inneraction with our clients. I developed a sells pitch to keep are customers interested in our upgrated products and new Services.Being a Service Technician is a dailey learning experience .
Pros
Working alone, Meeting People, Sharpening Skills. Take breakes when I need one.
Cons
No company car. Sometimes not Enough working hours. Would like to see income increase.
Working by myself...awesome
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 2, 2015
Securing various venues in the Downtown Detroit area. A typical shift includes filling out the log sheet of any activity every hour. Contacting the company of any suspicious activities while on duty
Pros
Working by myself
Cons
boring
nice
Human Resources Coordinator/Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 28, 2015
nice nice nice great company ????????/ great day overall good family business
Visual and physical awarness
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 30, 2014
Typical day on duty would consist of back to back patrols on foot of empty storage yards, on either mornings to late evenings. on many occasions in the colder weather of the seasons officers are required to sit in his/or hers vehicle but are not compensated for gas mileage to and from or nor constant running of personal vehicle to stay warm.
Guardian Alarm is a great company to work for.
Alarm Response (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioOctober 26, 2014
We focus on customer service. If we forget our customer needs, then they will no longer need us. Guardian Alarm strive for the best in their employees, their work ethic and the products we provide our customers.
Communication is highly encouraged on all levels.
Pros
Excellent benefits
fine
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2014
I never met a manager however I did have one yell at me over the phone. Manager said don't call me.
Tried to call off for a funeral was told it didn't matter to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Alarm. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8