Guardian Angel Home Health Employee Reviews

Good Carry Ins
Network Admin (Former Employee) –  Bicknell, INFebruary 2, 2017
The Monthly carry ins were about the only enjoyable thing about this job. The food was actually really enjoyable. If you are not a nurse then you are treated poorly.
Prior administrator
Receptionist, PCW Manager Assistant, HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cortez, CO 81321January 5, 2017
Prior administrator made the work environment awesome and workable. Most of my co-workers are great and have great customer service skills. We had to work with different clients and their needs.
I truly enjoyed working for the Company - the Co-workers are amazing to work with -
CNA/CHHA (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MANovember 19, 2016
Guardian Angels is a Great Company to work for -- they always kept me busy. The seniors that I worked with all had different issues.
Pros
Very good company to work for - they always kept you going
Cons
nothing bad to say abiut the company
Horrible Place
Admissions/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 8, 2016
Owner is rude, unethical, and very hostile work environment, the worst company in our community. Very unfair, and just plan micromanaged. Management has no clue of insurance guidelines and do not care at all about employees.
Home Health Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2016
Case management requirements included documenting client case
management plans and on-going activities; identifying client
insurance coverage or other sources of payment for services;
identifying and addressing client risk factors and/or obstacles to care;
identifying client needs, current services, and available resources,
then connecting the client to services and resources to meet
established goals. Serving as patient advocate by communicating the
care preferences of clients and verifying that interventions meet the
client’s needs and goals of treatment. Screening clients and/or
population for healthcare needs; developing a client-focused case
management plan; educating the client/family/caregiver about the
case management process and evaluating their understanding of the
process.
Pros
caring for patients, good peer repor
Cons
extended work hours (over 60/wk)
Horrible Company to work for.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016
Owners are difficult, micro management. Leadership Management made the work place hostile. Worse place I have ever worked. Condescending obnoxious coworkers.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
None run as fast as you can.
Challenging place to work from both positive & negative perspectives.
RN Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJune 7, 2016
This organization has great difficulty on many spheres. It provided great opportunity for advancement. However, it was grossly short staffed from its inception onward & turnover rates are high across multiple branches, Working for this organization will stretch one's knowledge base beyond anything imaginable which isn't bad. When you sign on you are signing on to wearing the "hat" of many with very little guidance. Loyalty, hard work, & commitment to consistent patient care & clinical excellence with integrity can at times take a "back seat" to the "gross margin". Both should be of equal & inherent value. This organization is in a constant state of heightened flux.
Pros
Co-workers; compensation package; & the patient's, of course.
Cons
Short staffing; Lack of support; Job security
My First Home Health Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 24, 2016
Not a lot of support for nurses in the field.Training should have been more than three days. It was feast or famine as home health tends to be.
Good Management and dedicated workers
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 23, 2015
Daily morning meetings with the Supervisor, Hospice Nurse and the Pastor. Updates on patients and received in office communications. Discussion on any difficulty issues. Assignments made by the Supervisor via the computer. An average of 3 home visits are made daily. Time sheets are completed daily to show mileage and face to face visit with the patient. Tablets used for patients to sign in to verify the visits. Personal vehicles used for patient visits. End of the day document in the computer the outcome of the visits. Weekly patient conferences with the Registered Nurses, Nurse Aids, Home Health, Home Makers, speech, physical and occuptional therapist along with Department supervisors. Meeting with the Doctor once a month to review medicine and patient status. Co-workers very dedicated; I watch them go beyond what their usual work would entail. On call almost 24/7 for their patients. Hardest part of the job; working with patients that have given up on themselves because of their medical conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job; those patients who try very hard to implement doctor's orders. Their stories were amazing. What I attempted to learn was Third Party Billing. The employment was part time and ended too soon.
Pros
Management provided a good work environment.
Cons
Too short of stay to observe the cons.
the job and working with the customer learned a lot
Office Coordinator/Human Resources Duties (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2015
calling insurance companies getting auth for patients filing, excel , staffing, record keeping, hiring , how to deal with people when you cant get done what you need to do accomplishing what you set out to do
Great place to work, team workers were awesome!!!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
I loved working here. The elderly people and seeing them smile because of us nurses was the best part. I loved helping everyone out and I still do.
Pros
Elderly people, management, co-workers
Cons
nothing
Compensation was good. Hostile work environment from office manager who doesn't know Medicare rules and what it takes to be a Registered Nurse.
RN (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJuly 13, 2015
A typical dayin home health would be providing care to approximately 4-6 patients out in the field at their home. The hardest part of home health is not knowing what kind of day you're going to have; you might have a relatively easy day with no difficulties, or you could have a horrible day. Hostile environment from who is supposed to be an office manager, but is nothing more than an office clerk. It's companies like Guardian Angel that make you decide to leave home health.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Was constantly checked on by office "manager" who made the environment hostile
Company micro-managed by owner
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2015
Owner makes decisions without investigation into legality of implementing decisions. Very high turn-over of employees. Hardest part of job was working with management. Most enjoyable part of job was working with patients.
Difficult, struggling company
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las VegasApril 15, 2015
Actual work day was not bad... I was just expected to do and learn things not in my job description.
Learned tons of upper, upper management items.
Management was terrific...
Co-workers were fine.
Hardest part of the job was accomplishing things/learning things with little instruction.
Most enjoyable... the patients, of course!
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Company had to let me go because they could not afford health benefits.
Rewarding job.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, TXOctober 21, 2014
The pay wasn't very good, and no benefits. BUT,I loved my job and most of my co-workers ended up being real friends.
Pros
Great nurses.
Cons
Administration needs improvement.
Love working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2014
Great company, very friendly environment. Great clients to work for
Interest place to work at.
Accountant/Auditor (Current Employee) –  MICHIGANApril 17, 2014
look to work everyday and exchange experience into the job field .
great people and job
State Tested Nursing Assistant/ home health aide (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 31, 2014
its great to finally finally find a good agency that knows what they are doing i love this company
Pros
all
Severely micromanaged
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Owner has unreasonable expectations and doesn't delegate responsibility to others. Tries to run large company unilaterally. Hence micro managed and very stressful environment. By far worst company I've ever worked for. Before considering position research company and owner, much to be said on Internet regarding this agency.
Pros
Staff and colleagues were very nice to work with.
Cons
Severely micromanaged, unethical.
Love working in home care
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed doing every part of my job and working my co-workers my day was very busy and productive. I learn alot about the patients and their needs. Like being busy and having a paycheck
Pros
HAVING A JOB
Cons
DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY CONS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Angel Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9