Job Summary: The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the daily operations and clinical functions for the agency and is responsible for maintaining quality of standards of care and positive financial outcomes. The Director communicates the mission, vision, and values of the organization to the staff, provides support and encourages staff to perform according to professional standards. The Director assumes fiscal responsibility for all budgets and serves as liaison with the medical community and with community leaders to promote appropriate utilization of agency services.
Essential Job Expectations and Procedural Responsibilities:
1. Is responsible for case and episode management for the location from the standpoint of quality of care of the patient and the financial outcome of having a positive margin.
2. Is accountable for managing the cost and expenses of operating the location.
3. May be responsible for on-call visits after hours and on weekends/holidays if below the established census level.
Using HomeCare HomeBase:
4. Verifies/updates client service location
5. Reviews and approves non-admits
6. Reviews and approves declined reauthorization requests
7. Reviews various HCHB Admin tasks assigned and takes appropriate action
8. Reviews in accordance with the Corporate Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program and procedures:
- Infection control report
- Client complaint report
- Trend QI Events and Medicare QBQI reports
9. Conducts case conference weekly
10. Generates monthly on call schedule
11. Processes non-visit activity entries
12. Runs coordination notes report for on call type to determine necessary actions
13. Follows up regarding delays in processing wound score deviations
14. Approves the addition of unlisted:
- Activity permitted
- Functional limitation
- Mental status
15. Will follow-up regarding delay in:
- Rescheduling declined visit
- Rescheduling missed visit
- Processing reassigned visit
- Reassignment of reschedule request
16. Provides overall direction to ensure clinical services are provided in accordance with standards established through state and federal regulations.
Education/Experience: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred. Current RN licensure in the State of employment. Three years management experience within the last five years in a home care agency.