MUST HAVE 3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN HOSPICE MANAGEMENT
The Executive Director - Hospice Administrator is responsible for the overall direction of the hospice services. He/she is responsible for the employment of qualified hospice personnel; is responsible for the provision of hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of hospice personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Executive Director - Hospice Administrator establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operational planning and budgeting.
2. Ensuring organizational compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
3. Monitoring business operations to insure financial stability.
4. Evaluating hospice services and personnel using measurable outcomes and objectives.
5 Conflict and complaint management and resolution.
6. Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication including integration or
technology, as applicable.
7. Ensuring hospice personnel stay current with clinical information and practices.
8. Ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing.
9. Staff development including orientation, inservice, continuing education , competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
10.Ensuring that interdisciplinary care is provided.
11.Ensuring supportive services are available to personnel.
12.Ensuring coordination with other departments, services and senior management, as
13.Ensuring staff and organization stay current on local and national hospice issues and
14.Ensuring that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented
to accomplish identified outcomes.
15. Directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer,
revocation, and provision of service to patients.
16.Ensuring appropriate staff supervision during all service hours.
17.Monitoring service utilization to ensure delivery of comprehensive care.
18.Ensuring services provided by other agencies are authorized y hospice.
19.Monitoring operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
20.Ensuring appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports are received by the
21.Ensuring adequate space, equipment and supplies are available.
22.Ensuring actionable objectives are derived from evaluation of hospice services and
23.Ensuring that structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care.
24.Ensuring collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective management of services.
25.Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
RN preferred, a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Masters degree in health care or related field preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years experience in health care management. Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel. Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community. Has knowledge of corporate business management. Understands hospice care and the services provided to patient and family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary group. Intimate knowledge of Medicare Hospice Certification.