GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS

GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Kool place
LEAD OPERATOR (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed my time there, the coworkers really made it fun. management was ok. breaks were sometime interrupted due to short staffed
Laid Back Atmosphere
Sales Support (Former Employee), Greer, SCDecember 30, 2014
The position with Guardian was not a hard one and did not challenge me in any way. The overall atmosphere was laid back but wasn't very friendly.
While at one time Guardian seemed like a very strong company they have let it slide so much as a result of inadaptability to change.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Delta, BCDecember 8, 2014
A fall in adaptability has effected this company's ability to move on with the times. While they were once a strong Distribution Company for building materials they have fallen victim to changes in competition as well as Manufacturing costs.
Great Company
sales (Former Employee), Greer, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation package
Cons: management liked to party after work w staff
Fun co workers, good atmosphere training program for new hires enabled getting started with your customers quickly. Good product mix and best in class pricing allowed Guardian to dominate their market.
I gained alot of machine operating skills on different machines.
Warehouse Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Overall a good place to work. I learned alot with shipping and recieving as well as machine operating and forklift certified on evrything.
Terrible place for minorites
HR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSSeptember 1, 2014
Cons: everything
No growth for minorities due to the "good ole boy system" and nepotism within the company...
enjoyed my time here off and on
Hot-end Manager (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 4, 2014
Pros: benfits where ok
Cons: pay could have been better
Always large turn overs in management. Not very good with employee training and communication. In five years I worked for four plant managers. The plant was very by the seat of your pants management style. Not much into the teams or thinking outside the box.
Lack of vision or direction
Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 12, 2014
At the top you have leaders who have not created a vision or direction for the company. Employees spend their time reacting to the priority of the day and very little is communicated downward.
It was a very stable and secure position with all you could ever ask for being an administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Billings, MTMay 19, 2014
Pros: sick/vac, 401k, medical benefits, vacation, great people to work for
Cons: pay scale was too low
I enjoyed all the co-workers and management. It was great to be able to have the opportunity to coordinate a lot of the meetings and training and orientation on the new employees coming into a position within the company. I learned new things and brushed up on some old things as well to better my performance and strategies moving forward.
A Challenging and Rewarding Company!
Training & Effectiveness Manager (Current Employee), Greer, SCMay 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork, work/life balance, growth opportunities
Guardian Building Products has undergone a massive culture evolution. This on-going change has been in the works for over 24 months, and with it our employees have grown tremendously.

From a dedicated focus on employee development and performance management, to a total leadership change, Guardian Building Products continues to redefine itself.

Many employees have struggled with the levels of ambiguity that the new culture calls for, but those embracing the changes have thrived.
High Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Blackhawk, SDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: gaining machine operating experience.
Cons: it was really itchy due to the fiberglass in the insulation.
I didn't work here very long due to it being a temporary job. I liked that I gained some experience in machine operating. I only worked with one other person for most of the day. I also learned how to operate a forklift here and how do load and unload semi's.
Goal
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: self accomplishment
This is a company/organization that I knew nothing on or about until I made it a person goal to learned everything we provided and offered in the warehouse. After meeting my goal it was noticeable that I exceeded the management’s expectations. End result, I was offered to be one of the two inside sales reps that helped open a new branch location. In which ended up being very successful.
No loyalty to employees
Manager, Billing and Customer Service (Former Employee), Greer, SCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: health care cost is low
Cons: upper management lets you know they are better than you.
New management does not really value front line employees. They are ruining what was a great place to work.
not a bad place to work
Payables/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Greer, SCApril 27, 2013
The job is good, the coworkers are good. The pay is not so good. Upper managment is not so good
Well established company.
Product Analyst (Former Employee), Greer, SCFebruary 23, 2013
Willing to help you develop. Lots of restructuring at present.
Great company to work for Family Oreinted.
Truck Driver/ Warehouse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great place to work with great benefits!
Cons: guardian building products, any jobs that are have to deal with building in this economy right now, take a risk at getting laid off, but very thankful for the opportunity that was given at that time!
Work could be hard at times during production,I've learned how to operate a forklift,clamp,band saw,and production of fiberglass.
Very Productive Place to work
Lead Operator/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), Hodges, SCOctober 2, 2012
Guardian and okay place to work i started off as being a floater. By the time they had they first lay-off i had became a lead Machine Operator, then i move to a material handler. We made insulation and also made decking wood.
Excellant company. Hated to leave!
Inventory Maintence Specialist (Former Employee), Greer, SCSeptember 21, 2012
I was hired into one department, but was soon offered a new position in another department that offered much more challenge and advancement opportunity. The benefits were great. There was opportunity for travel if you wanted to do that. The management was great and very mindful of the employee work and home life balance. For example, when a coworker wanted to have lunch or attend a school function during business hours accomodations were made with no problem. I hated to leave the company, but personal circumstances made it necessary to move.
Guardian Building Products was a good company to work for.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greer, SCJune 6, 2012
I was employed at GBP for 26+ years, therefore, I am still loyal to this company.
I sold Building Material products to independent lumber yards across the United States. I felt like I was an extension of their personal companies. Selling products to my customers to keep them competitive in their specific market. I built long lasting trusting relationships with my customers.
I have an outgoing personality with a can do attitude. I work well with others and alone.
In need of technical people.
Facility Engineer / Facility Manager (Current Employee), Hodges, SCMay 18, 2012
Very little direction. Equipment is somewhat poorly designed by in-house employees.
Company has a fly by the seat of the pants feel.