GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Cool
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
The job was great I enjoyed working there. The pay went from being really good and decreased over time. They taught me how to operate the forklift and I began comfortable with the equipment.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great company overall
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2017
Guardian Building Products is a strong company with the desire to be better for others and within. Based on your personal professional overall experience, I feel based on that should determine the amount of oversight is really needed. For territory sales managers especially, I do not feel the need for micro-management. This is a position that your experience,relationships, and abilities is why you are hired and should be allowed to do your job.
Pros
Great potential to be a leader in the Building Products Industry
Cons
Micro-Management
great place
SD. Hired as inside sales associate (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, SDNovember 10, 2016
This was a fun and exciting place to work. Always plenty to do especially if you would help outside your job description. Lots of things to do but they consolidated three branches together and now it is struggling environment.
Good company to be employed.
Cash Manager/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 5, 2016
Co-workers were like family. The company changed hands several times. I enjoyed the years I was employed there in accounting and cash management.
Great company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 23, 2016
Good company to work for they care about there employees and do what they can do to help you grow in the company.If you are looking for a job go to this comany
Pros
Good Copmany
Cons
No on site branch manager
Great company to work for.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 2, 2016
Working with my co-workers was like working with family. When Guardian Building Products purchased CGI Silvercote (company i started with). There were numerous changes. Some for the better and some for the worse. It was a new industry for Guardian.
Pros
Great workers and Management.
Cons
New industry for the company so there is a lot of trial and error.
Great people in the front line trenches. Poor and constant management changes.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2016
I personally want to be the best that I can be everyday and add value to my customer and company.
The market base management program I went through with Guardian was invaluable.
Many of my co-workers are great people with a desire to succeed.
Poor and constant management changes.
The win! when you know you have worked hard and closed the deal.
Pros
Big company, lots of buying power.
Cons
Unstable work environment, constant leadership changes.
Excellent company to work for
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 22, 2015
Guardian was an excellent company to work for. They were very laid back and understood the demands of being a parent as well. It was an individual environment but also could be a team group as well. Excellent benefits with excellent pay.
fragmented company
employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Building products division was not respected in the company. Systems in place did not allow for visibility and transparency with in the entire organization.
Pros
allowed to work without supervision
Cons
management
Has a family atmosphere
Branch Manager/Operations Manager/ (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2015
Would work for them again, had a fun time in Seattle operating that branch and working with my employees, also the customers.

Want to know more about GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS?

Ask a question
Great Company and Headed in an exciting and new direction
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaApril 29, 2015
Guardian is a great company that is headed in a new direction with new and exciting leadership. There is much work to do but the future looks bright>
Kool place
LEAD OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time there, the coworkers really made it fun. management was ok. breaks were sometime interrupted due to short staffed
Pros
coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Laid Back Atmosphere
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 30, 2014
The position with Guardian was not a hard one and did not challenge me in any way. The overall atmosphere was laid back but wasn't very friendly.
While at one time Guardian seemed like a very strong company they have let it slide so much as a result of inadaptability to change.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCDecember 8, 2014
A fall in adaptability has effected this company's ability to move on with the times. While they were once a strong Distribution Company for building materials they have fallen victim to changes in competition as well as Manufacturing costs.
Great Company
sales (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Fun co workers, good atmosphere training program for new hires enabled getting started with your customers quickly. Good product mix and best in class pricing allowed Guardian to dominate their market.
Pros
excellent compensation package
Cons
management liked to party after work w staff
I gained alot of machine operating skills on different machines.
Warehouse Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Overall a good place to work. I learned alot with shipping and recieving as well as machine operating and forklift certified on evrything.
Terrible place for minorites
HR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 1, 2014
No growth for minorities due to the "good ole boy system" and nepotism within the company...
Pros
Cons
everything
enjoyed my time here off and on
Hot-end Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 4, 2014
Always large turn overs in management. Not very good with employee training and communication. In five years I worked for four plant managers. The plant was very by the seat of your pants management style. Not much into the teams or thinking outside the box.
Pros
benfits where ok
Cons
pay could have been better
Lack of vision or direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2014
At the top you have leaders who have not created a vision or direction for the company. Employees spend their time reacting to the priority of the day and very little is communicated downward.
It was a very stable and secure position with all you could ever ask for being an administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 19, 2014
I enjoyed all the co-workers and management. It was great to be able to have the opportunity to coordinate a lot of the meetings and training and orientation on the new employees coming into a position within the company. I learned new things and brushed up on some old things as well to better my performance and strategies moving forward.
Pros
sick/vac, 401k, medical benefits, vacation, great people to work for
Cons
pay scale was too low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS. Our community is ready to answer.

GUARDIAN BUILDING PRODUCTS Reviews by Location