Guardian Elder Care Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 1, 2017
Horrible company apparently at any location. Inexperienced staff and management. Overwhelmed with no future. Dirty facilities. No training on EMR, with Skilled nursing notes or any continuing education because they do not have any staff.
Pros
Cons
everything
Your satisfaction in this job is largly a reflection of your effort and work ethic.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tyrone, PANovember 29, 2017
I am a currently employee at Epworth Healthcare and Rehabilitation. I have been with this facility for nearly a year, and I can honestly and sincerely attest that I love my workplace. A mature professional starting their career at this facility will quickly realize that your experience at Epworth is a reflection of your work ethic, your personality, your attitude, and the integrity that you bring with you each day.

I adore working with the residents, and I have found management to be wholly committed to patient care. The majority of the employees who work here are lovely, delightful people who truly want the best for the residents that call Epworth their home. Long term healthcare is not a field for the lackadaisical, the lazy, or the selfish at heart. If you are considering employment here, it must always be remembered and respected that you will be working in our resident's homes. It is readily apparent to the outside observer that our staff cares deeply for our residents. We are more than just their caregivers; for some, we are also their friends and their family. The attachment and sense of responsibility we feel for our residents is not left at the time clock - we carry those attachments with us throughout the entirety of the day. The management team is very approachable and helpful, and they do not hesitate to show their appreciation to the staff that consistently bring their best to the residents. Staff input and feedback is welcomed and considered on a regular basis by HR and management.

The wages are very fair, and there are often sign on bonuses for licensed
  more... staff. The health insurance benefits are amazing, and should not be ignored by prospective employees. Rarely do you find health, dental, and vision insurance that is so affordable, comprehensive, and user friendly. Epworth also offers a very competitive 401K match for those future minded individuals who would like to get the most out of their retirement investments. Moreover, lunch is offered to employee's for a very small charge, which can be payroll deducted. Employee's eat the same food as the residents, and I have found very little to dislike on the menu.

Overall, I have been incredibly satisfied with my employment at Epworth, and I would be more than willing to recommend Epworth to anyone interested in a fulfilling career.
Awful-awful -awful place to work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PANovember 18, 2017
Management is clicky and one sided. Certain nurses can slack on everything and be considered a super employee. No one cares what is actually happening on the floor,just as long as it looks good on paper. Poorly ran,all the patients do is sit in the hallway all day. No interaction/stimulation provided for them. Run away!!!!!!
Cons
Poor management! Unsafe staffing!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 1, 2017
Poor management, not willing to help when short staffed. So short staffed, patients unattended! Cannot properly assist 2 assist patients, call lights left unanswered for long periods, days only have one nurse and one aide to a 22 patient wing, nights work with one nurse and between 1-3 aides for 66 patient load.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor staffing, awful management
Awful Awful Awful
Admission and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 20, 2017
Read these reviews and beware of this company. Management team is poor and they do not care about staff or residents only their Cenus. There are some good staffers but poor leadership.
Pros
Benefits are fare
Cons
Everything else
Run for the hills
Admininstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 12, 2017
Management allows cut throat back stabbing disrespectful behaviors and insubordination. The company allowed this type of behavior AND rewarded these behaviors by giving outrageous bonuses instead of disciplinary action...and with all this the residents are the ones,who are suffering.
Cons
Terrible place to work as a nurse, run!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAOctober 3, 2017
This place offers no consideration to their patients and has the worst management. Administration would let an rn supervisor kill someone and still keep them because they can't find any to work for them.
Management poor
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 18, 2017
Working with elderly and disabled was great!! The management in the Indiana office is the worst by far!! Start you out with hours and cut ya down to maybe 15 hours of your lucky! Never a steady schedule always roping you in and out of client homes never steady
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Poor management
Friendly Work Place
Coordinator/Nurse Aide Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 17, 2017
I have worked for Guardian Elder Care for a year. I have encountered many friendly people. The company is full of opportunity to grow and reach new potential.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Very much like highschool
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PAJuly 6, 2017
Co workers are catty and management picks favorites. Often times you are blamed by those higher up for mistakes they made. Help is not given when asked for.
Great when I started
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 28, 2017
It was great when I started we were golden living then. Ive been there a year and I'm just sick of the place. Mangement is awful. We are always short. Pay sucks compared to other places around the area.
Terrible Terrible management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2017
This place was horrible to work at! I felt that the patients were not considered when it came their safety! The management allowed other patients who needed to be in a lock down Alzheimers unit where they could get the quality care they needed, and who were violent and hostile toward staff and other patients, to stay there, I feel like this was due to money! I can't be sure of that, but just a feeling!
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
to much expected in little time
Loved the consumers, management was not good
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAMay 13, 2017
I enjoyed the work that I did. The consumers, for the most part, were great and appreciated the work we did for them. The management was awful. They didn't care about your own personal life, their only concern was getting someone to work so they didn't have to do the "dirty work." They would text everyday to see if I'd pick up shifts, regardless if I had already worked the past 12 days, and be rude if i was unable to pick up shifts. I'd work full time hours but was not considered full time so they didn't have to provide benefits.
Pros
Patients, helping others
Cons
Awful management, full time hours but no benefits, unappreciated
Good but stressful
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAApril 28, 2017
Working with the residents was always rewarding but often the work was overwhelming with no one to turn to for help. I was suppose to have an another person in my department that worked 20 hours a week. Instead those hours were allocated elsewhere and I was left with the burden of all the work.
nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAApril 20, 2017
the hardest part of my job is that when a resident pass away. the best part of my job is when we see resident go home and have a better life. Help resident get their life back to normal
The other staff to work with were great I did like my job
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAMarch 29, 2017
Had a difficult time finding supplies that were required but the staff on 3-11 were fabulous and we all came together as a team. I specifically worked on a difficult hall that I was assigned to but due to other staff help and assistance we all accomplished everything and were able to finish in a timely matter.
Pros
the other staff
Cons
difficult time finding supplies
Horrible Company
Business Office Associate/Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Richfield PAMarch 3, 2017
They do not care about employees or patients. Short staff facilities and push employees to breaking point. They do not listen to your concerns. Decrease hours and increase responsibilities.
Save yourself the headache
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Nurses and aides are rude and lack people skills. You will often have a nurse get in an argumemt with you because you have not done something her way Schedules are always messed up and your paycheck will be wrong half the time. They hire aides who have gone through the class but have 't passed their stna test yet... and they aren't the brightest... if you value your license, you do not want aides like that working under you.
Pros
Cheap insurance
Cons
Attitudes of staff, lack of quality staff
the job was great when i started
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAJanuary 9, 2017
when I was hired I was told I would get medical but when they were bought out by a different company I no longer qualified then when the roads got bad and I could not make it to work I was told to get there how ever I could and when I tired I ended up in a snow bank
Network Director/Hospital Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2016
No coordination between different areas in the company. People are laid off on a whim. NHAs are kept because they can not find replacements. Poor advancement in clinical skills to their nurses. Only 1-2 days of training for a new employee.
Pros
Salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Elder Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5