GUARDIAN HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, great people to work with
Field RN/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2016
flexible schedule, set territories, some turnover but on the whole most employees are long term, management is very approachable
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
paperwork
Quality healthcare provided with outstanding employees exemplifying strong work ethic.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2016
A typical day included passing medications, performing assessments, and assisting residents with activities of daily living.

I learned how to expand my knowledge and patience in regards to working with the mentally handicapped, and their way of processing thoughts and behaviors.

Management was always helpful when needed, diligent, and thorough in their work. My coworkers were the same way, everyone was willing to help and really made team effort when a fellow coworker needed a hand.

The hardest part of the job was mentally and emotionally connecting with the residents that are far more profound than others. You have to main patience and understanding at all times, and we all know its never the easiest thing to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having friendly coworkers, always knowing if you needed help it was available. The clients as well, seeing them make progress or learning something new and watching them apply the knowledge is the best part of the job.
Now D&S Community Services
Title Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2016
Working with individuals with disabilities. Assessments, med pass. Assisting with ADL's as needed. Taking MD orders and carrying out. Scheduling outside appointments as needed. Keeping charts organized, accompanying to lab appointments.
Pros
12hr shifts, you only work 3days a week.
Cons
No off clock or none working break period, Pay is just ok, Have not seen raise or bonus, after coming back full time pay dropped .50.
Its a fun and comfortable place to work
lpn (Current Employee) –  3105 franklin blvd cleveland ohio 44113September 24, 2015
i start my shift getting report from the shift before mine addressing any issues then began by preparing supplies for any procedures to be done on my shift treatments etc next get all medications ready
Pros
very familar with job and residents come to nurses station regarily
Cons
sometimes they forget to report when they are leaving
great place to work.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 17, 2015
This is an amazing place to work. I loved everyone in the HR as well as in the main office. No waiting for holiday pay or PTO it starts the day you start.
Well established company and excellent benefits.
Administrative Assistant / Therapy Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 9, 2015
My typical day at work consisted with handling therapists schedules and assigning new evaluations to inhouse staff or contract companies. Answering multi-line phones and directing them to appropriate staff. I learned how to multi-task and operate the H.C.H.B system.. The branch manager and office staff were a great asset to this company.. I would highly recommend this company to any nurse or therapist.. The hardest part of my job was assigning contract companies to their designated areas or rural areas within a 50 mile radius and not offending any therapists. Work overload was a concern to some.. And then some contract companies were always willing to take care of our patients and others.. Retrieving the face to faces from physicians with every question answered correctly and dated and signed was difficult at times.. I enjoyed challenges and would make sure it was completed.. The most enjoyable part of my job was the rapport we had with our patients and the office staff.. We cared for everyone and became family..
Pros
Inservice meals, celebrations, recognitions, stayed busy
Cons
stacks and stacks of paperwork, only approved overtime every now and then, missing contract paperwork.
Productive, team oriented, friendly atmosphere
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 15, 2015
Very fast paced work environment. Verifying insurance for 25 branches all over the state of texas and oklahoma. Working as a team in order to provide accurate information to branches and management within a 2 hr. Time frame. We all work together to share changing information within the insurance industry which changes daily. Great management. Professional yet we take the time to celebrate birthdays and holidays with zest.
Pros
WORKING WITH A GREAT TEAM THAT GETS ALONG ALWAYS
Cons
THE COMPANY MOVING TOO FAR AWAY TO DRIVE
productive
Clinical Nurse Manager - Visiting and Homecare (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 19, 2015
busy busy busy. co workers were friendly. It was so hard to keep up with the paperwork and the clients at the same time with all the traveling. So a 40 hr work week ended up 60+
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
per diem
Long term care facility
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYDecember 8, 2014
A long term care facility with inefficient leaders/supervisors. Things change on a daily basis and we are not told of those changes until something goes wrong.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
very unorganized
I did home visits throughout Tarrant county area
LVN (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 1, 2014
I would go to the office and get my assignments daily. I really loved this job. Medical reasons was why I left this job, but this is definitely the kind of job I most want to do again. I loved working with my co-workers, management was the best. The hardest part of the day was getting back home at a reasonable time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy.
Pros
i was able to stop at a fast food and eat on the run most days
Cons
no breaks, i went from one home to another. the break was between homes in the car. i was ok with that.
very responsible managers
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYOctober 24, 2014
Easy to contact management Managers very responsive and ready to help with problems.
Guardian Healthcare Staffing is a good place to work.
LPN PRN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2014
Guardian Healthcare Staffing has come along way from how they were years ago. They are branching out and have a better selection of PRN positions available.
Part time postion
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vestavia, ALAugust 21, 2014
Great staff enjoyed working with everyone. Would like to have opportunity to work on more accounts. But able to work in different depts. as needed on my pt schedule.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
billing service with period of work slow down
Productive workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my residents faces.
Run from this company
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasMarch 28, 2014
Awful management. Do not care about staff, want nurses to see way too many patient's daily. Weekends are a nightmare. No family life!!!
Cons
whole work experience with this company
Job Flexability
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lampasas ,TexasDecember 10, 2013
With a new family, it is hard to find the kind of job flexibility you want with a healthcare organization which requires your presence at any given moment. In home health you have the flexibility to manage your own schedule weekly to accommodate family obligations as well as a wonderful and professional management who know what it means to have a sick child and are capable of taking over the job if needed. Compensation for visits are above and beyond what hospitals and nursing homes offer. I give it a thumbs up.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
you have to visit the patients home, sometimes unhygenic
Enjoyment from assisting and helping the residents.
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyOctober 10, 2013
Assisting residents to perpare for the day bathing,clothing, eating and going on outings.

That each resident is different may need extra attention with a task.

Management is always there to assist when needed.

Enjoy working with co-workers we work as a team.

Working doubles three to four days a week when mandated.

When residents are happy.
Pros
you can make extra money when needed. (overtime.)
Cons
to much mandation.
Great experience
LVN, Transitional Care Coordinator (TCC) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2013
I learned a new area of nursing to add to my resume in that I am a part of the sales and marketing team. It is a great piece to have but very different from bedside nursing.
Good place to work.
Branch Manager/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Good place to work. Typical day included review of field RN paperwork. Labor intensive. Management required that a certain amount of paperwork was reviewed secondary to billing.
Pros
great atmosphere and good management support
Cons
compensation plan was difficult to understand
Loved my job
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNNovember 2, 2012
I loved the company and the people.I grew with the company.They listened to reason for change
Pros
building realationships with clients
Cons
client passed away