Guardian Home Care Employee Reviews

Worst place on earth to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 12, 2017
Had the experience of working with Guardian in Clarksville TN. Never again. Office manager is on drugs, in a new world every day. On more than one occasion payroll was not right because of her inability to do her job. Clinical supervisor lies and falsifies orders when she does come to work and you can get her off her cell phone. Executive Director tries to make a difference but she gets static at every corner. They want you to do more, more, more. Nothing is ever enough.
Pros
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Outgoing owner
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, INJanuary 23, 2017
Wonderful owner....Updated my computer skills and I enjoyed working with some of the people. The hardest part of my job was working with the office manager. We did not agree on her work ethics. The office is beautiful and I enjoyed the clients and caregivers.
Good Home Care job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Everyday started going to residents homes and assisting them with everyday needs. I would cook for the resident clean clothes and sometime give them ride or accompany them to appointment.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great Clinicians
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 1, 2016
A typical work day is to review oasis and supervise clinicians on all aspects of care. I learned how to perform utilization management while employed with them.
Productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2016
A typical day consisted of helping individuals with every day life needs. I worked with both challenging patients and patients who would be full of love and laughter
Interesting
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 17, 2016
I really like my job. A typical day at work was light house work communicating with my patient and transporting her to and from doctor's appointments. I really didn't have to work with co-workers but when I did see them they were ok it was like a hi and bye situation. The hardest part of my job was changing diapers and the most enjoyable part was when I got a permanent patient and I no longer had to change diapers.
Hardest part of the job
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PADecember 30, 2015
Working with clients was a great learning expierence for me.
It was a good feeling at the end of the day knowing you have taken care of someone.
Pros
making great lifelong friends
Cons
management was poor
good place to work
Lead Reauthorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  atlanta gaOctober 19, 2015
worked well with the team and enjoyed helping people
like dealing with the payers by geating the authorizations when needed
its ok
pca (Former Employee) –  norfolkSeptember 18, 2015
It was just a job. Nothing about it was career oriented and no room to advance. Low pay and no benefits. The company is for self and not the patient's.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 9, 2015
Advised patients regarding requirements concerning their appointments and directed them on how to obtain or complete new patient paperwork; managed patient schedules; assisted all office staff to ensure organization.  Organized and maintained patient charting process and prioritized and reviewed charts for completeness; addressed common medical and insurance questions via phone and e-mail.  Consulted and coordinated with medical providers to obtain required information and documentation to fulfill admission requirements; responsible for registration, appointment scheduling, telephone coverage and referrals; Verified insurance programs for treatments; collected payments from patients; reconciled daily cash reports
Benefits
Cons
Contract Affiliated

Want to know more about Guardian Home Care?

Ask a question
Could be more productive with more focused territory
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 1, 2015
Could be more productive safer on the road with more focused territory. Overall, I enjoy my co-workers and especially my patients.
Big Joke
HHA (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 26, 2015
Horrible.. Absolutely horrible. They are horrible with scheduling and communicating... I do not recommend this company at all.
Cons
A great place to learn about the growing home health care business. If you are a self-starter and are a people person who can multitask.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
The company provides one to have a thorough working knowledge of the (5) Right Path wellness disciplines as they pertain to patient care.

One will enjoy having the ability to provide care for the elderly population (which is the target audience of Guardian's home care service), in the home setting and building the name of the company through superior service and patient well being!

Positive patient outcomes is what Guardian strives to do - in the home and residential settings of their patients!
Pros
The positive feeling in providing superior of the elderly
Cons
Limited growth / management potential
Interview Me
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Not so hot...lots of turn over and not much of a personal feel like you want with a healthcare provider.
using time wisely was of the greatest importance
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 18, 2014
taking patients vital, light housekeeping,assisting patients with personal hygiene.going to the office to do medical billing and coding
Pros
free lunch, gas rembuirsement
Cons
health ins
Enjoyed the work.
Assist client (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2014
Worked with clients who had medical issues and were unable to fully function. A typical day was doing housework, cooking, laundry, cleaning. I enjoyed it because there was a need in some households, especially the elderly.
The hardest part of the job was to see individuals scamming Medicaid because they were not as sick as they portrayed.
A Typical Day for an Executive Director in Home Care
Registered Nurse, Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 9, 2014
Each day is a new adventure, depending on business need. I oversee our clinical care delivery and clinicians, manage our office budget, make sure we are compliant with all CMS/Medicare and private insurer guidelines for reimbursement, handle HR needs such as interviewing and hiring and employee discipline. I assist with billing audits, Utilization Management, and patient care with our clinical supervisor teams; I also assist our sales associates in providing community education regarding our services.
Pros
Satisfaction that we are providing high quality care and excellent outcomes for our patients.
Cons
high cost of health insurance
Excellent employer
Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2013
Caring environment. Supportive staff. Management very supportive of staff. Patent care excellent.
Pros
Excellent work enviornment
Home Health Care facility
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 10, 2013
Our office was a close-knit group of individuals who cared about our co-workers as much as we did our patients.
I went from years of retail employment to a professional office setting, and learned the difference of helping customers, and helping employees to help clients in dire medical need.
I rather much prefer to work in a field where others are benefited in a more substantial manner.
My days were spent working on patient coordination care and employee coordination care. I helped to oversee almost all office operations and dealt with day-to-day business, as well as improvising for intermittent last-minute affairs.
Until her recent resignation, my immediate Executive Director was a caring and appreciative individual, as were my fellow peers. However, the company is in a state of transition from an older computer system to a newer one, and with the removal of the above mentioned ED, and her boss as well, direction and stability had waned.
The hardest part of my job was being used for many other positions/responsibilities that did not allow for me to be, what I feel was, sufficient in complete employee management and aid.
I am proud, however, to know that, at the end of the day, I was "background help" for some individual whose health and comfort was hopefully benefiting from our services.
Pros
Overall employee friendliness and caring, Beneficial services to clients who are suffering
Cons
45-52 hour work week (sometimes in 4, 5, 6, 7 days/wk), Overbearing workload that prevented job description responsibilities
offices in good locations
Case manager of the Gwinnett North team (Former Employee) –  snellville gaJuly 9, 2013
you were able to vary schedules within medicare guidelines as needed and give some freedom on the approach used for each patient
Pros
good work time balance
Cons
too many miles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9