Guardian Industries Employee Reviews

good benfits
Cutter/Packer/lead man (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCSeptember 7, 2017
good place to work.learn a lot there. Management is ok can be better.a good place to work.the hard part of job was the heat and hour.the best part wast he heat
Solid work force
Robotics operator (Current Employee) –  Kingsburg, CASeptember 6, 2017
Guardian industries has been a great workplace. it has showed me the ways of production of products such as glass that is shipped around the world.It is a high paced work environment that takes maximum effort every time you start a shift. You are required to take on much responsibilities as you grow with the company.And is a great learning experience.
Could be better
Coater Glass Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 18, 2017
12 hour shift. Had to rotate weeks from day to nights. Was difficult to make adjustments. The building did not have climate control and you had to work with the environment elements.
Pros
Incentives for good work
Cons
no bonuses
Productive, great place to work
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 15, 2017
I have worked at Guardian for 6 years. I enjoy my job here. We are transitioning the Sales Team to Troy Michigan. Great team work. Management is very involved and always thinking of how to be better..
stressful place to work
Load Share Operator, Production (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCAugust 8, 2017
They want you to work hard and produce high quality work, and seriously under appreciated for the hours you put in that hot place. All they care is about the company... Period
Pros
hours are there if you want it
Cons
mandatory overtime close to always
Avoid
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 24, 2017
They believe in Guiding principles which they do not follow themselves, promises things and change their mind, they do not care about their employees, just money. As an employee you are just a dollar sign and a slave
Pros
Gym on-site, Good benefits
Flexible hours
Packer (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 17, 2017
Good learning opportunities for everyone. Nice people. Good boss. Weather is hot and dry for not too bad. Really layed back everyone friendly. I would recommend to other people
Recemntly acquired
Regional Quality Manager - Americas (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 11, 2017
Slow pace, old technology. Recently acquired by Koch Industries Inc. Significant change in culture and business priorities. In general very stagnant company.
Guardian Industries
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 6, 2017
Work Place culture has been challenging lately with new management regime. Through our struggles, the only way to solve the problem was to graph it. Production teams have struggled with manpower to support the different lines and have made escalations to management with no progress being made. The company does offer good benefits and 401K matching.
Pros
Benefits, room for growth
Cons
Schedule, work load, manpower struggles
Lack of leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 6, 2017
Possible opportunity in the glass industry, overall a negative experience. Bad leadership. There are opportunities in this company but management is untrustworthy.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
Horrible travel schedule
Cant say enough great things about Guardian
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 29, 2017
What an excellent company to work for. Managers truly care about their people. Flexible and understanding (to a point). Started my Guardian career as a Production Supervisor, moved my way up quickly to Shift Manager, then Department Manager.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
24 hour shifts make taking holidays or days off, very difficult at times.
Hot. Hot. Hot.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INMay 24, 2017
This factory is hot. I have not been there in over ten years, but it was brutal. The management is very intelligent and acknowledges the employees' thoughts and concerns appropriately.
Job security
Hot End Technician (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCMay 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work but they don't pay nearly enough for the work that they expect out of you. Insurance is great and affordable which you need with a lack of pay. As long as you're safe and come to work, you'll have a job.
Guardian
Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INMay 15, 2017
Guardian was a place of employment that I started working and was there for 10 years. Guardian was a sweat shop but the employees all got along and we worked together well. There was opportunity of for problem solving and working long hours. Guardian no longer exists in Auburn, IN as it was bought out.
lack of training but good paying job and long hours.
full in supervisor / countback (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAMay 9, 2017
Real good Benifits but long hours and a lot of overtime. A good place to move around and learn new things but also not so much training. If in need of money and don't mind being gone from home a lot I'll recommend but not a good job for a person with a family.
Pros
nice break rooms and good benifits
Cons
lots of responsibility for the little bit of pay
Bad leadership and your underpaid
seal tech and inspector (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMay 8, 2017
Bad leadership here. Seal techs underpaid and get very little over time. Supervisors get well paid all the overtime and barely do anything. The job has benefits which is good but horrible pay.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad leadership from supervisors
Good
Supervisor of Training (Former Employee) –  Carleton, MIApril 22, 2017
Training employees and monitoring progress gives a filling of fulfillment. The experience is hard work, but well deserving to see an employees career succeed.
Excellent work environment
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 20, 2017
My typical work day started at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 4 p.m.
I would start with filing product paperwork and entering data into excel spreadsheets. Most days consisted of auditing manufacturing processes throughout the warehouse and over viewing our glass inventory for quality checks and verifying locations. I created a lot of work instruction documentation for operators and factory workers.
I learned a lot about working with others, solving conflicts, confidentiality, safety, and auditing employees/processes. I became extremely proficient in all Microsoft programs, excel especially (coding with macro).

Management was always very helpful, I felt comfortable coming to them with problems, I created great relationships with all of the managers in my department and with HR. They made sure I had a good balance of hard work and fun during projects. Everyone was very personable.

The workplace culture was very diverse and taught me how to effectively work with others and understand their perspectives and work ethics.

The hardest part of the job was implementing changes with workers who had been there for years and were set in their ways.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Quality team and solving problems with the use of Lean Methodology practices.
Pros
Great environment, great people, fun work/projects
Cons
Implementing new practices took longer than it should, relying on others with timeliness
Over managed
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCApril 10, 2017
The chain of command is so top heavy here that it quickly goes from a joke to a daily annoyance that drives people from it left and right. The turnover rate is high here and that is because they treat the employees as expendable resources.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
great global company to be a part of
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 30, 2017
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had in terms of pay and benefits offered. It was a 25 minute commute from home and I was happy to get to work and start my day. In hindsight, I would not have quit and moved to Texas had I known what the employment situation was like in the area I now live in.
Pros
great pay and benefits