Guardian Life Insurance Company

Guardian Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Informative, education and productive environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free trainings
I love working at the Guardian Life Insurance. It taught me how to work in a professional environment and allowed me to grow as an individual both personally and professionally.
Internal politics is the name of the game.
Small Group Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Employer paid business trips.
Cons: Cronyism, politics, insurmountable administrative policies.
The opportunity for success is great,... that is, if you have no problem with compromising your principals and playing "the game." Most of the management have scraped/clawed their way to the top by playing internal politics and weaseling their way into the best opportunities. Things witnessed include blatant sexism (right out of the 1960s), cronyism, back-stabbing and bullying. Buck the system (as – more... its proponents have defined it), just a little, and you will be managed out.

That said, there are quite a few people in the trenches who are honest, hard-working folk. While its possible to get to a good, stable position from honest, hard work, the more likely scenario is that you will be exploited and discarded when the going gets rough. The other possibility is to just duck your head, do your day-to-day job and be content with your current position (unless or until they eliminate it).

If you are looking for a position with high-level advancement, know how to play, "the game," and plan your exit strategy as a "Plan B." You may very likely need it. – less
Ladder climbing environment
Payroll Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: cafeteria in the building
Cons: administrative work
Most days are routine. There are hardly any special days where you do anything different. My responsibilities were straight forward.
Insurance Call Center
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 11, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: high call volume
very high intensity call center, dealing with upset often angry people. trouble shooting claim issues and resolving client issues
Insurance
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton WIMay 26, 2015
Worked with amendments & commissions. Work is very complex due to sending less complex off shore, Stressful work. Overtime due to staffing.
The Guardian requried high standards in production, quality and customer service.
Case Installation Specialist (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Guardian was great regarding the flexiablity with my schdule, The co-workers were wonderful to work with.
Cons: Moving my job offshore (out sourced) which eliminated my position.
I worked for the Guardian for over 25 years. The employees and the company was wonderful to work for, until about 3 to 4 years ago when they decided to outsource our position.

I was a full time employee until our daughter came along and the company was great in allowing me to go part time. My co-workers and my immediate management were so amazing to work with.

The hardest part of this position was to keep up on all the group benefits and procedures changes. Along with all the state laws and guidelines regarding dental, life and disability insurance.

However, I did enjoy the versatility the job provided. It was never a boring moment.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Jr Java Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Sports competition for every three months.
Cons: Short breaks
Every Monday is typical day at work.I have learnt a lot in terms of technologies,behavior,management etc.
My Co-workers are really awesome as we did work with passion.
There is no hardest part of my job and most enjoyable part of my job is developing applications.
Enjoyable place to work with enjoyable people.
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: Outings, free lunches, enjoyable people
Cons: None
A typical day at work is a little hectic but doable. I learned to be assertive and deal with conflicts with a win/win situation typically. The management and my co-workers are very diversified and respectful of the differences of all of us. The hardest part of my job is getting together missing information for a sold piece of business. The most enjoyalbe part of my job is my interaction with our customers and brokers. I enjoy making my customers happy and making their life a little easier.
Nice People Boring Job
Rating Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, nice people, good schedule
Cons: BORING, not motivating, and mandatory overtime sucked the life out of you.
I liked my co-workers but the job itself literally bored my to tears. And it was difficult to be motivated because almost everyone that was in a hire position was from the outside and they rarely promoted anyone. I wasn't there long so I did not expect one but when I got hired I asked people who were in my position for many years and they told me that there's nowhere to go. Good company if you already have upper management experience because they'll take you over promoting from within. But, you'll probably just stay at that position.
No longer a good place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAApril 27, 2015
Pros: The co-workers are great
Cons: Raises are very low if at all given. Advancement opportunities are available for very few employees
Used to be a great place to work, however is now very micro managed with unrealistic expectations set forth by management who in some cases have no idea how to do the job themselves.
Fast pace sales environment
Benefit Advisor Team Leader (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home at least once a week.
Cons: Salary
A typical day would be preparing new business enrollment material, review new business paperwork received, enrollment meetings and administrative meetings. Resolve billing and claim issues.
Good company. Culture needs work.
Procurement Analyst/ AP Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Internal cafe
Cons: Corporate culture
Good company. Culture needs work, great programs for the employees however, many do not participate. Those that do are looked upon as trying to overachieve.
legal group for procurement
agc (Former Employee), ny nyMarch 27, 2015
If you have a brain and can think, there legal team that runs procurement is not your place. Micro management by the managers boss. No independent thinking allowed. More like being in grade school then a professional office..legal group.
Great company.
Software Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Great company to work around. Nice professional environment. great team worker and working environment. Fun place work around.
Good place to work for !
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), NYCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: flex time
Co-workers are teamplayers to get the job completed on a timely basis. A typical day can be busy with clients inquiries.
Dedicated co-workers, close knit and family-like environment
Business Reporting Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Learned a great deal during my years with the company and forged lasting relationships. However, mobility and compensation were difficult issues at best.
Productive and fun workplace with great work culture.
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nice mutual company.
Cons: healthcare benefits were not so great (premiums, deductables are too high).
For 16 years of working at the company all the team I was working with had a very tight relationships. It really helped to achieve the highest quality level of system performance.
Great work environment
Senior Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
The Company is fair and it was a great work environment. I gained many skills which include: Heavy Multitasking, speaking to different users located in HO and Field. A typical work day involved me managing our Service Now Ticketing system, responding to users and working to resolve existing issues.
Excellent life insurance company with sophisticated leadership team.
VP (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Great place to work and grow your career. Above average opportunity to learn new skills. Executive communication is outstanding.
Supervisor, Client Relations (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Postive workplace that encourage collaboration and independent thinking to drive superior service. I enjoy working with Guardian, I feel my input matters. My direct team foster a can do attitude, always ready to provide support for team members to get the job done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Guardian Life Insurance Company

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, currently ranked #238 on the Fortune 500, is the country’s fourth largest – Read more

Guardian Life Insurance Company Salaries