Guardian Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Highly Reccommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, MDJanuary 7, 2016
Guardian Life ranks the highest and best Life Insurance Company in Jamaica.
It fosters higher education for staff as well and their children
Customers have at their advantage, scholarships for their children leaving (primary)elementary schools
Their overall packages for staff is very commendable to include health and pension benefits.
No job is difficult at Guardian Life and whatever presents a challenge, the support staff at the head office offers supreme and prompt response and assistance
Turnaround time for processing claims is unbelievably fast.
It is always a pleasure rapping with co-workers during lunch breaks or at socials.
Agents are on call twenty four hours to assist their clients.
Their annual "Blast Off" normally held every first Friday of each year, is always a treat to look forward to.
I take pleasure in having and still being affiliated with Guardian Holdings Group.
Pros
Subsidised lunch, travel allowance, uniforms and twice yearly bonus
Cons
needs more branches
Great as a starter job. Great employees.
claims examiner (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 4, 2015
Great as a starter job. New employees do move on to other endeavors. Great employees. Great benefits, paid vacations, etc. Good opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Team Environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton,WIOctober 31, 2015
Fun work place when you make it fun. More production oriented rather than quality for the customer. Most enjoyable working with team members and sharing ideas for development. The office started to get thinned out when jobs were eliminated and outsourced which caused worry and stress to others. There was a lot of variety in my job each day which made it not so monotonous and challenging with new tasks and different scenarios daily.
Pros
Excellent benefit package, health, life and retirement
Cons
Extremely stressful
Fun, exciting environment Great management staff
Contribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 20, 2015
Word processor. Type for 401k benefit funds for employee group pensions. Enter fund amount on daily basis for thousands employee.
Pros
Doing something you love. Communicating and managing your employees
Cons
Demanding job.
Job variety every day
New Business and Benefit Services (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 19, 2015
Always learning and variety on the job makes it interesting . Ability to move to various parts of the company for different job positions.
A
Manager-Enterprise Architecture (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
Not a great CEO
Great Benefits
Awesome coworkers
Minimal Travel
Learning opportunities
Great Projects
Great Pay
Commute to work not so good
Great location
Commission Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Guardian Life Insurance Company was a great company to work for. great location down town Manhattan. great work environments and co workers.
High-paced, a bit monotonous, but enjoyable.
Intake Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 23, 2015
Worked with Guardian via temp agency. Working there was high-paced and enjoyable. It was mostly about making your numbers and meeting daily/weekly goals. Management was helpful, encouraging, and understanding. Any complaints were with the agency, not with Guardian itself. The only reason I left is because it was not a field I was particularly interested, and it didn't fit my long-term goals.
Large Company with scope for promotion and training benefits, as well as largely self determined remuneration.
Sales representative and Sales Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  KingstonAugust 26, 2015
A higly sophisticated company culture and working environment. Several levels of social interaction. Involved a lot of travelling to procure sales. Based on performance job description was later changed to that of Sales Unit Management. This involved recruiting, and training of Sales Reprsentatives and less emphasis on personal selling. Work environment was stimulating and interactive. There was a wide scope for performance awrds and celebrations which was very satisfying.
Pros
Good interaction and scope for meeting new people through field visits, Very good compensation plan, Medical benefits, Good incentive awards.
Cons
Performance pressure as is expected of large sales companies, Management failing to take into consideration, the necessary training time needed to produced top Salesmen.
Md shafiqul islam mia
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
• 6 years of experience in architecting and implementing test plan, test cases and process workflow.
• Experienced with both Client and Web Server Application.
• Proficient in both Manual and Automation testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles.
• Exposure to different types of testing like System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, Database testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance Testing.
• Well conversant with software testing methodologies including developing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting manual and automation tests.
• Experienced in designing, development and execution of Test cases based on business, functional and system specifications.
• Extensively experienced in creation and maintenance of automated test scripts.
• Experienced in testing various software applications including mobile (iOS, Android) applications.
• Experienced with installation, configuration of the Android SDK and ADT Plug-in for Eclipse IDE and setting up of the Android Framework Test Environment.
• Experienced on testing Mobile apps on iOS3/4 and Android Platform.
• Experienced in developing and analyzing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Test Results using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
• Experienced in preparation of test data, preparation and execution of regression test scripts, preparation of weekly status report using ALM/Quality Center.
• Extensively experienced in developing, implementing and validating Master Strategy Test Plan, Detailed Test
  more... Plans, Test cases, Test Execution and Defect Tracking using ALM/Quality Center.
• Experienced in using defect reporting tools ALM/Quality Center and internally developed defect tracking tools.
• Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend data validation and data integrity check.
• Experienced in developing VB scripts in QuickTestPro (QTP)/UFT to perform functional, regression, system and end to end testing.
• Experienced in creating Test scripts using QTP to create Data Driven Tests and Batch tests.
• Experienced in developing both Data driven and Keyword driven Frameworks using QTP.
• Experienced in designing and implementation of Various Frameworks in QTP/UFT.
• Good judgment skills while reporting and prioritizing software bugs in conjugation with the development and QA managers.
• Extensive testing experience on ANDROID, iOS and REX operating system Mobile Applications using Manual and Automated techniques.
• Strong working knowledge of MS-Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Pros
Guardian Life Insurance
Cons
insurance
Excellent place to work
Dental Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 12, 2015
My manager was accessible, helpful and always striving to advance her team members. Hours were moderately flexible, and the company offered great benefits. Although I was in a temporary position, I would highly recommend a position like this to others. They're also expanding, so there's room to grow within your profession at Guardian.
Pros
Great cafeteria at lunch
Cons
Lower pay than expected
Informative, education and productive environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
I love working at the Guardian Life Insurance. It taught me how to work in a professional environment and allowed me to grow as an individual both personally and professionally.
Pros
free lunches, free trainings
Internal politics is the name of the game.
Small Group Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 25, 2015
The opportunity for success is great,... that is, if you have no problem with compromising your principals and playing "the game." Most of the management have scraped/clawed their way to the top by playing internal politics and weaseling their way into the best opportunities. Things witnessed include blatant sexism (right out of the 1960s), cronyism, back-stabbing and bullying. Buck the system (as its proponents have defined it), just a little, and you will be managed out.

That said, there are quite a few people in the trenches who are honest, hard-working folk. While its possible to get to a good, stable position from honest, hard work, the more likely scenario is that you will be exploited and discarded when the going gets rough. The other possibility is to just duck your head, do your day-to-day job and be content with your current position (unless or until they eliminate it).

If you are looking for a position with high-level advancement, know how to play, "the game," and plan your exit strategy as a "Plan B." You may very likely need it.
Pros
Employer paid business trips.
Cons
Cronyism, politics, insurmountable administrative policies.
Ladder climbing environment
Payroll Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Most days are routine. There are hardly any special days where you do anything different. My responsibilities were straight forward.
Pros
cafeteria in the building
Cons
administrative work
Insurance Call Center
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 11, 2015
very high intensity call center, dealing with upset often angry people. trouble shooting claim issues and resolving client issues
Pros
on site cafeteria
Cons
high call volume
Insurance
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton WIMay 26, 2015
Worked with amendments & commissions. Work is very complex due to sending less complex off shore, Stressful work. Overtime due to staffing.
The Guardian requried high standards in production, quality and customer service.
Case Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 22, 2015
I worked for the Guardian for over 25 years. The employees and the company was wonderful to work for, until about 3 to 4 years ago when they decided to outsource our position.

I was a full time employee until our daughter came along and the company was great in allowing me to go part time. My co-workers and my immediate management were so amazing to work with.

The hardest part of this position was to keep up on all the group benefits and procedures changes. Along with all the state laws and guidelines regarding dental, life and disability insurance.

However, I did enjoy the versatility the job provided. It was never a boring moment.
Pros
Guardian was great regarding the flexiablity with my schdule, The co-workers were wonderful to work with.
Cons
Moving my job offshore (out sourced) which eliminated my position.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Jr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Every Monday is typical day at work.I have learnt a lot in terms of technologies,behavior,management etc.
My Co-workers are really awesome as we did work with passion.
There is no hardest part of my job and most enjoyable part of my job is developing applications.
Pros
Sports competition for every three months.
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable place to work with enjoyable people.
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work is a little hectic but doable. I learned to be assertive and deal with conflicts with a win/win situation typically. The management and my co-workers are very diversified and respectful of the differences of all of us. The hardest part of my job is getting together missing information for a sold piece of business. The most enjoyalbe part of my job is my interaction with our customers and brokers. I enjoy making my customers happy and making their life a little easier.
Pros
Outings, free lunches, enjoyable people
Nice People Boring Job
Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 27, 2015
I liked my co-workers but the job itself literally bored my to tears. And it was difficult to be motivated because almost everyone that was in a hire position was from the outside and they rarely promoted anyone. I wasn't there long so I did not expect one but when I got hired I asked people who were in my position for many years and they told me that there's nowhere to go. Good company if you already have upper management experience because they'll take you over promoting from within. But, you'll probably just stay at that position.
Pros
benefits, nice people, good schedule
Cons
BORING, not motivating, and mandatory overtime sucked the life out of you.

Guardian Life Insurance Company Reviews by Location