Guardian Pharmacy Employee Reviews in United States

Unstructured workplace which is short staffed and has high turnover
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 5, 2016
The place is run like bootcamp. You are barely allowed out of your seat. If you call in sick, you are given an "occurrence". If you want to modify your lunch, you are given an "occurrence". If you need to leave early unplanned, you are given an "occurrence". They are not very flexible. They have all these rules, but then only require certain people to follow them. Corporate in Atlanta is all about professionalism, but there is none at this local level. Due to staff shortage (always about the bottom line), a lot of the customers are very upset and nasty. Some employees have attitudes and love drama. Training is minimal. You will be doing more than one job. Since they don't pay the greatest, some of the help is not the best. There is no real h.r. at this location and there is no receptionist, so everyone answers phones. Teamwork is lacking and communication is poor. The workplace is not kept very clean and software is out of date (another bottom line thing).
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
upset customers and drama
The worst company to work for!!!
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 13, 2016
Unfortunately this company is run by individuals who thrive on drama!! They are very unprofessional and very clique-ish. If your part of a certain clique and somebody doesn't like you, you will probably be fired. It's like high school but worse.
Cons
unqualified managment, no room for advancement
Good place to work if you like chaos
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Company is all about making money. Treatment is based on favoritism and bias feelings. Schedules are not flexible but managers are very demanding of your time. Which leaves no time for personal lives or even attending school. Raises are slim to nonexistent and there are never any incentives such as bonuses. Most employees do more than job description and do not get proper compensation. Company takes on new business constantly and make promises to improves or provide assistance but never provides enough staff to do so which leaves space for errors which employees are blamed for. There's no regard for the quality of the product for the patients they service. All in all, this company does not care about their employees just making money.
Loved the work Love the co-workers
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 20, 2015
Just a great group of people willing to help you and we all got along. I wished I had stayed there and not gone for more money.
Management cared the employees.
Pros
Lovely group of co-workers
Cons
It was a littlel far to drive but It did not bother me as it was before construction on the VETS.
Company does a lot of layoffs. The management is bad.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 2, 2015
The management team is very bias. Company is not a good company to work for. I am a certified technician but after working there I changed my major to another profession.
Pros
The management team can learn from other management professionals.
Cons
The company will not allow you to take breaks as required by law.
Great Job
Data Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FlJuly 27, 2015
Data Entry, helping out in other departments when we are slow. Fill script when slow. Co-workers training was great. Manager took time to help/
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short staff
cpht (Current Employee) –  PhoenixJuly 25, 2015
in lieu of recent bad reviews, I feel like I need to say, this is the best job I've ever had. we are like a giant family. do families have issues? sure. but, they pay competitive, I love my co-workers, they've worked with my scheduling needs, and they truly DO care about us. we really do work for common goals of helping patients and strive to be world class. I love what I do!
Pros
close nit. good pay and hours. overtime. caring employees, and management.
Cons
I wish we had better insurance. morale needs to be lifted
Fun work place with very supportive management and owner.
Pharmacy Technician Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
This pharmacy is very specialized in sterile product medications, as well as, compounded medications. The lead technician is excellent at teaching and training other technicians and the owner/operator had weekly meetings about pharmacy law and improved processes where all employees got to have a voice about how to improve operations. I truly enjoyed working here.
Company Does Not Care
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJune 18, 2015
This is one of the WORST pharmacies Ive ever worked for. Most employees are not here for over a year due to all the firings. The main problem is with the directors and owner. And the lack of care for employees. We were constantly behind on filling our cycle fill, we are never staffed right. They will ask you to drop everything for them and you get nothing in return.

When things go wrong the employees get blamed! You will be thrown under the bus and then fired for there mistakes!! They cannot even order supplies to fill prescriptions or do your payroll correctly. People get rotated through jobs all the time.....and hours change consistently for no reason. The entire place is hanging by a string.....At least the old owners cared about employees needs. This company is all about THEIR profit, not about you!

The pay is LOUSY. Insurance is expensive and you have to pay full price on all your copays. NO ONE gets raises or bonuses. One of the new directors is constantly making people uncomfortable with the things he says. You donot want to work here.

The actual "corporate" Guardian people are just as bad. They trick you into being there friends but they are NOT looking out for you what so ever.

Do yourself a favor and skip Wilmot Pharmacy - Salibas Pharmacy - Guardian Pharmacy!
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, Stress
Ok Company
Evening Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Management Disorganized. Moved to Deerfield beach. Hard Work. Good benefits. Would not recommend. Long term care pharmacy. Ok company to work for.
Top Heavy, Mismanaged & a generally depressing place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St.Petersburg, FLJanuary 2, 2015
The management is so confused. There are about 8 different managers and the pharmacy manager is probably the most lost of all and should have been let go/ demoted years ago, but the owner has not cared about the company in years.
Management does what they want when they want, but hold each employee to different standards based on personal feelings toward them.
There are 3 different main departments 2 with less than 10 employees and each department makes their own attendance policy and other policies.
Nothing at Guardian is the same across except that the better you are at your job the more likely you are to be expendable. They let go of about 5 of their best people last year due to the managers personal feelings about those people.
More employees are putting in notices also we are all just tired of it.
Cons
a lot of drama, poor management, no advancement available
its a good job to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 8, 2014
flexible hours
good benefits,
good environment
decent pay
Productive; fast paced
Courier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2014
Prepared packages and loaded medications in vehicle for delivery.
Learned to be on time and have good rapport with customers; show care for such customers and acting on their complaints.
We worked as a team; management was great.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring packages were correct and delivered to the correct location.
The most enjoyable part was being on the road and not entirely in an office environment; having good rapport with customer
Pros
paid lunches; teamwork
Cons
infrequent breaks; low pay
Would never work there again
Fullfilment technician (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley,AzNovember 22, 2014
Never knew from one day to the other what was going on as far as policy or procedure was concerned. Management was unprofessional with staff as well as with their customers. Not open to new ideas on how to make things easier and better for staff.
Pros
non
Cons
management
Way too relaxed for healthcare
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
This company is way too relaxed for healthcare. Working as healthcare professional, I couldn't work for a pharmacy that had unprocessed prescriptions from months ago still sitting in the unprocessed book. Also not to count all the illegal things they do such as not processing renewal requests for refills or changing the prescriber on a prescription because it was more convienent. But the biggest kicker was that you had to pay the company your own money to take time off! There policy and procedures are just terrible. I will never work for any guardian pharmacy ever again.
If you like to be treated like scum....
Certified Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Pink Hill NCAugust 4, 2014
This was the most unprofessional, poorly managed, disrespectful, non-caring place I have ever worked for. If you enjoy being cursed at by your manager who doesn't even know how your department works, on a daily basis, this is the place for you. This company takes on whatever business they can get while not supplying the employees to get the work done, therefore, leaving a huge gap for errors and patients not getting the medication they need to survive. This place loses business daily. I can not emphasize how horrible the management is. They do not care about their employees nor their customers. They are a lying bunch of scumbags who got their management positions by partying with the owners. When the more intelligent employees caught on to their schemes they made up excuses such as "your particular job position is no longer needed as we are cutting budget" yet they fill that position the next week leaving a single mother out to dry. Be careful.
Pros
its a job
Cons
endless
Overall great company to work for.
Billing Specialist / Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2014
Overall great company to work for. Closed door, independent pharmacy. Management needs structure. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping supply much needed medications to clients in a timely and orderly fashion.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
limited growth
A Learning Experience and an opportunity to get my foot in the door.
Pharmacy Technician/Courier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of performing quality control when packaging medications by verifying accuracy of information of medications against the delivery manifest such as the patient name, facility destination, quantity, dosage and drug name. If all information checked out than the medication was placed in the proper tote for delivery to facility. If the information was not correct such as quantity, we adjusted the packing slip to what the medication label said. I than would check my delivery tote and arrange my deliveries in the most time efficient way. Next, I would make all my deliveries via the company car to the facilities on my route. When arriving at facility I would address the customer in a friendly way and have them sign the packing slip for the medications they were receiving. Upon returning to the pharmacy when deliveries were finished I would help in the delivery area with packaging or scanning or back in the pharmacy preparing medications as directed. I learned how to multi task at this job by meeting the needs of my employer whether it was being a Pharmacy Technician or a Courier. I learned how to better communicate with staff and customers. I do not wish to comment on Management other than to say they do what they feel is right for the company and that is there discretion. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and got along with them very well. My Supervisor as well as my coworkers all praised me for being able to help out where I am needed. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to a 3pm-11pm shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patients  more... that I was delivering medications to and knowing that I am providing a life changing service to them.  less
Pros
learned about long term care pharmacy operations, met alot of nice people.
not concerned about the residents they service
pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pink HillNovember 24, 2013
Not organized, poorly managed, lots of mistakes, lots of bratty school kids around
Cons
poorly managed by people who don't care
Mismanaged
PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2013
In need of strong leadership. Fragmented work environment