Guardian Pharmacy

Guardian Pharmacy Employer Reviews

Top Heavy, Mismanaged & a generally depressing place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St.Petersburg, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Cons: a lot of drama, poor management, no advancement available
The management is so confused. There are about 8 different managers and the pharmacy manager is probably the most lost of all and should have been let go/ demoted years ago, but the owner has not cared about the company in years.
Management does what they want when they want, but hold each employee to different standards based on personal feelings toward them.
There are 3 different main departments 2 with less than 10 employees and each department makes their own attendance policy and other policies.
Nothing at Guardian is the same across except that the better you are at your job the more likely you are to be expendable. They let go of about 5 of their best people last year due to the managers personal feelings about those people.
More employees are putting in notices also we are all just tired of it.
its a good job to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 8, 2014
flexible hours
good benefits,
good environment
decent pay
Productive; fast paced
Courier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: paid lunches; teamwork
Cons: infrequent breaks; low pay
Prepared packages and loaded medications in vehicle for delivery.
Learned to be on time and have good rapport with customers; show care for such customers and acting on their complaints.
We worked as a team; management was great.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring packages were correct and delivered to the correct location.
The most enjoyable part was being on the road and not entirely in an office environment; having good rapport with customer
Would never work there again
Fullfilment technician (Former Employee), Oro Valley,AzNovember 22, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: management
Never knew from one day to the other what was going on as far as policy or procedure was concerned. Management was unprofessional with staff as well as with their customers. Not open to new ideas on how to make things easier and better for staff.
Way too relaxed for healthcare
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2014
This company is way too relaxed for healthcare. Working as healthcare professional, I couldn't work for a pharmacy that had unprocessed prescriptions from months ago still sitting in the unprocessed book. Also not to count all the illegal things they do such as not processing renewal requests for refills or changing the prescriber on a prescription because it was more convienent. But the biggest kicker was that you had to pay the company your own money to take time off! There policy and procedures are just terrible. I will never work for any guardian pharmacy ever again.
If you like to be treated like scum....
Certified Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Pink Hill NCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: endless
This was the most unprofessional, poorly managed, disrespectful, non-caring place I have ever worked for. If you enjoy being cursed at by your manager who doesn't even know how your department works, on a daily basis, this is the place for you. This company takes on whatever business they can get while not supplying the employees to get the work done, therefore, leaving a huge gap for errors and patients not getting the medication they need to survive. This place loses business daily. I can not emphasize how horrible the management is. They do not care about their employees nor their customers. They are a lying bunch of scumbags who got their management positions by partying with the owners. When the more intelligent employees caught on to their schemes they made up excuses such as "your particular job position is no longer needed as we are cutting budget" yet they fill that position the next week leaving a single mother out to dry. Be careful.
Overall great company to work for.
Billing Specialist / Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: limited growth
Overall great company to work for. Closed door, independent pharmacy. Management needs structure. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping supply much needed medications to clients in a timely and orderly fashion.
A Learning Experience and an opportunity to get my foot in the door.
Pharmacy Technician/Courier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learned about long term care pharmacy operations, met alot of nice people.
A typical day at work consisted of performing quality control when packaging medications by verifying accuracy of information of medications against the delivery manifest such as the patient name, facility destination, quantity, dosage and drug name. If all information checked out than the medication was placed in the proper tote for delivery to facility. If the information was not correct such as quantity, we adjusted the packing slip to what the medication label said. I than would check my delivery tote and arrange my deliveries in the most time efficient way. Next, I would make all my deliveries via the company car to the facilities on my route. When arriving at facility I would address the customer in a friendly way and have them sign the packing slip for the medications they were receiving. Upon returning to the pharmacy when deliveries were finished I would help in the delivery area with packaging or scanning or back in the pharmacy preparing medications as directed. I learned how to multi task at this job by meeting the needs of my employer whether it was being a Pharmacy Technician or a Courier. I learned how to better communicate with staff and customers. I do not wish to comment on Management other than to say they do what they feel is right for the company and that is there discretion. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and got along with them very well. My Supervisor as well as my coworkers all praised me for being able to help out where I am needed. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to a 3pm-11pm shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patients that I was delivering medications to and knowing that I am providing a life changing service to them.
not concerned about the residents they service
pharmacist (Former Employee), Pink HillNovember 24, 2013
Cons: poorly managed by people who don't care
Not organized, poorly managed, lots of mistakes, lots of bratty school kids around
Mismanaged
PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2013
In need of strong leadership. Fragmented work environment
Biggest mistake
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), phoenix, azSeptember 2, 2013
Poorly managed, unorganized, worst training, supervisors treat you like your scum, there is nothing positive I can say about this company. All of the owners family works there and come in to check on you at all times to report back to their dad. Unprofessional in every single way!
Very Productive
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2013
Excellent staff. Very hardworking and fast paced. They are a very reliable company.
Isolated job tasks with maximum assistance
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMay 6, 2013
The entirety of the job consisted of preparing shipments of medications to nursing facilities throughout the county. Preparing labels and collecting bottles from inventory, counting pills and putting them in appropriate med cards and sealing the cards was the bulk of the work. Alphabetizing the cards and packaging them in bins, addressing the bins and moving them to the shipping dock finshed the task at hand. The work culture consisted of primarily foreign workers who spoke in their own language, which many of us found rather rude, since we could not understand what they were saying. This resulted in many cliques which I felt was uncomfortable. After being told consistantly I was doing a good job, I was subsequently laid off after company cutbacks.
so so
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), pompano beachApril 3, 2013
great, learning was great, good management, and co-worker pretty
A nice place to work
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician, Duties (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 28, 2012
Entering prescriptions. I've learned third party errors. I enjoy my co-workers and I love what I do
Most unprofessional place I've ever worked! Very poorly managed!
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 15, 2012
Pros: its a job i guess?
Cons: no leadership!
Most unprofessional place I've ever worked. Very poorly managed!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2012
Pros: pay increase, health benefits

May 25, 2012

Almost true: Friendly Lovable staff, Filled prescriptions for mental facilities, senior retirement homes, and more. LIES: Great place to work

Very chaotic and unorganized pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, confusion in procedures, co-workers very aggitated, procedural complications, lack of efficiency, patients/nurses have no faith in pharmacy, delivery service disappointing
I feel from my experience working in a more efficiently and patient based environment previously, that this pharmacy doesn't know the first thing about efficiency and being patient based.