Guardian Protection Services Employee Reviews

Archaic, Non Progressive
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2017
I would not recommend. Very archaic, only now getting paperwork online. No real training; learn from staff. Low education standards for all managers.
Pros
cannot think of anything
Cons
No advancement, no raises, local branch, would need to move to Pittsburgh, corporate HQ for advancement.
It was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  warrendale paApril 7, 2017
Met a lot of great people (a few of which I dated, one being a trainer ;-). Went through some medical issues and they were understanding until I had follow up doctor appointments. They fired me for having too many! I had a heart attack! That's why I had appointments!
Pros
Nice lunch area, free Internet, hour lunch
Cons
Point system
good company to work for
Installer (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 4, 2017
working in peoples homes installing alarm systems .
traveling across western pa,
hardest part make sure the customer home was clean when you departed.
The company is great, but most problems arise with the partners
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 30, 2017
Loved the company and the people, but some of the dealers and partners were unscrupulous. A majority of the calls concerning problems came from those involving the dealers.

Barring that, it was a great experience and it comes recommended if you can deal with the negativity regarding your partners without throwing them under the bus.
good
Life Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2017
allows for you to work freely and with little managemtn. However management when needed was very poor. Salary is completely up and down and you have no stability
A typical day at work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Getting the opportunity to meet new propective customers. I love begin able to help people. How to help people overcome their concerns with home secutiry
Pros
Helping People protect their family.
Cons
there were no cons.
I rather not
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
I would like to keep my personal opinion to myself I much rather not speak about it here I am no one to speak ill or good about the company Im just happy that I got to work for the company and learned great skills
Training three months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 4, 2017
I was in training where we would train for three days normally Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then be out on the floor answering calls from customers about their in-home or small commercial alarm systems, billing and needs Thursday and Friday. We were tested weekly on subject matter from that week.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Very strict schedule
Nice environment, with wonderful people
Protection Specialist- Central Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 13, 2017
The main reason I loved working here was for the people I worked with. They made working fun. This was a very busy environment to work in, always something to do, and very fast pace.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
had to work weekends, not very easy to advance in the company
Felt like a friendly family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked here just a short time because I had conflicts with my schedule and was sick during training. I found the people here to be absolutely awesome. They were helpful , supportive , welcoming , and professional. This operation is A + and would recommend to anyone . Their benefits are very good too and the work location has free parking and a pretty landscaped lot. They have a gym and a nice cafeteria for their employees too. The managers were all very open welcoming and helpful. The training was challenging but excellent quality . Great place to work .
Pros
Family atmosphere helpful management good benefits and nice facility.
Cons
Need to not miss any days during training because it is very fast paced.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2016
This facility is closed. Was a wonderful place to work, professional environment, great people to work for. Learned a lot while employed at this location.
Paid lunch hour
Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2016
Well I didn't get free lunches but I do get paid to eat my lunch which is pretty alright. In other words, I don't have to clock out during my lunch break. Nice place to work; not a lot of hassle and basically am allowed to do a good job on a day to day basis. Best thing about Central Station is that I knew coming in which shift I was going to work and it has never been changed. :-)
Pros
paid lunch break
Be prepared....
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Be prepared, management is terrible. I was a former department leader and everyone was treated worthless unless you hung out with the boss. Refusal of raises and lack of training. You will be set up for failure on day one.
Worst choice I have ever made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Ok, so they promised advancement and job stability. My office was a remote office and was suppose to grow heavily. They slowly over time dwindled our out/in bound calls so we basically we would work our hardest with nothing to do.

The benefits were ok. The pay was workable but never enough.

At the end of the day we got informed by our managers on a Monday "Hey we are all be fired by Wednesday or Friday" and on Tuesday they tell us "Oh well just don't come back we don't need you so you can go and not come back".

So not a good way to leave.

Nothing like working for a place everyday and feeling worthless for months to find out it wasn't your fault that you weren't doing a good job. It was your employers!

Avoid this company at all costs.

they are good at security just suck at being good to their employees.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Pay, Company over all, Liars, Can't even fire people right
Nice building and people were very kind
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Did not have enough work to keep me busy. Management were nice to work for. Co-workers were there to help if needed. Nothing really hard about the job. Worked with a good group of individuals.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Not enough work to keep me busy
Good company to work for.
PURCHASING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 31, 2015
Guardian is a stable company that has grown a lot in the time I've been there. The people are generally nice and the environment is nice.
Pros
Many company picnics and lunches
Cons
Not as many advancement opportunities as I'd like.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 28, 2015
All in all a great place to work if you don't mind sitting most of the time. Most customers were outstanding, patient and kind. I wish all team leaders could have been alike in reviews and training process though.
Pros
lunch area, training, management
Cons
shifts, lack of social interaction
Lateral growth seems to be the norm
Commercial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 29, 2015
Although I gained a lot of solid people skills working here, I felt that that advancement for most employees was on a very lateral basis. Raises were often not based on work performance at all. How can you expect those who really go above and beyond to thrive when they are being awarded the same way as those to do the bare minimum?
flexible schedule
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 16, 2015
the company would be a better organization if the marketing department would come up with better selling strategies, more advertising, and promotions. the company takes too long with making simple decisions.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of appointments
good work place
Volume Installer (Former Employee) –  Austin , Tx.June 15, 2015
working alone for the most part is pretty good . I don't have to worry about someone making any mistakes that I have to go back and fix.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
sometimes more work than one man can handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Protection Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6