Guardian Protection Services Employee Reviews in United States

Worst choice I have ever made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Ok, so they promised advancement and job stability. My office was a remote office and was suppose to grow heavily. They slowly over time dwindled our out/in bound calls so we basically we would work our hardest with nothing to do.

The benefits were ok. The pay was workable but never enough.

At the end of the day we got informed by our managers on a Monday "Hey we are all be fired by Wednesday or Friday" and on Tuesday they tell us "Oh well just don't come back we don't need you so you can go and not come back".

So not a good way to leave.

Nothing like working for a place everyday and feeling worthless for months to find out it wasn't your fault that you weren't doing a good job. It was your employers!

Avoid this company at all costs.

they are good at security just suck at being good to their employees.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Pay, Company over all, Liars, Can't even fire people right
Be prepared....
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 11, 2016
Be prepared, management is terrible. I was a former department leader and everyone was treated worthless unless you hung out with the boss. Refusal of raises and lack of training. You will be set up for failure on day one.
Lateral growth seems to be the norm
Commercial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 29, 2015
Although I gained a lot of solid people skills working here, I felt that that advancement for most employees was on a very lateral basis. Raises were often not based on work performance at all. How can you expect those who really go above and beyond to thrive when they are being awarded the same way as those to do the bare minimum?
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 28, 2015
All in all a great place to work if you don't mind sitting most of the time. Most customers were outstanding, patient and kind. I wish all team leaders could have been alike in reviews and training process though.
Pros
lunch area, training, management
Cons
shifts, lack of social interaction
Good company to work for.
PURCHASING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 31, 2015
Guardian is a stable company that has grown a lot in the time I've been there. The people are generally nice and the environment is nice.
Pros
Many company picnics and lunches
Cons
Not as many advancement opportunities as I'd like.
Overall good company!
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJune 14, 2015
The 25 cent Pepsis and free popcorn was always fun!
Abundant Overtime!
The hardest part of the job was not knowing exactly what type of phone call you are going to get....troubleshooting, service call scheduling or no show, billing, moves/relocations, cancelations, zwave devices, etc.etc.etc......but then, that's every customer service job, I guess.
Pros
Trainers are THE best! Team Leaders, and Mentors are okay, too!
Cons
At the end, other employees wouldn't let me do OT or sit there!
No Advancement - Terrible Local Management
Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 1, 2015
I would not recommend this employer to anyone hoping to secure a full time position that will reward them based on their performance and skills. Management is terrible at the local Branch in Cincinnati. There is massive turnover with the staff due to this. They will not promote their Admin Staff and treat them like servants - expected to just do whatever with no consideration to their goals - career - etc.

Techs have to deal with inconsistent work - no training - poor supervision - don't waste your time thinking they will take care of you as an employee!!
Pros
Normal Work Day
Cons
NO TRAINING
Overall Guardian Experience
Account Executive- Relocation Division (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 29, 2015
Guardian Protection services has been a very productive and enjoyable place to work for the past three years. I have been in sales, ,marketing and customer service for over years and would recommend the company to anyone.

My day consists of out bound and in bound calling for leads and continuing the sales process, training new employees, scoring 95% or higher on all quality assurance calls.

My co workers are overall a pleasure to work with and help to make the team environment which is very important in the overall sales process to work not only within your team but within all departments of Guardian
flexible schedule
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 16, 2015
the company would be a better organization if the marketing department would come up with better selling strategies, more advertising, and promotions. the company takes too long with making simple decisions.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of appointments
good work place
Volume Installer (Former Employee) –  Austin , Tx.June 15, 2015
working alone for the most part is pretty good . I don't have to worry about someone making any mistakes that I have to go back and fix.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
sometimes more work than one man can handle
Challenging and Exciting
Customer Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 1, 2015
As a Loyalty Specialist I get to be directly helpful to the customer and creative as well. Based off of their needs as well as their budget I help find solutions to keep them satisfied, feeling safe and maintain a continued trust in Guardian Protection Services. In these negotiations with the customer I also balance the needed RMR to maintain a successful growth trajectory for Guardian. Although the overall scope of calls can be from the easily to solve to the more complex and challenging I like knowing my direct contact and helpful resolutions directly result in someone’s life and property being that much more protected.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
1/2 hour lunch
Good
Builder Sales Admin (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAApril 1, 2015
Fair, understanding, good pay, good benefits. Downside is the company is still driven by paper. They are selling technology yet cannot bite the bullet and change their processes electronically. Very time consuming, costly, and environmentally unfriendly.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
Management, and culture
A job with a lot of technical aspects which made it interesting and informative.
Customer Service/ Data Entry/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be sitting in my cubicle taking calls from customers to troubleshoot their security systems. Calls ranged from simple solutions to complex issues which sometimes required a service call. Contract negotiations were a part of the job as well.

I learned how to quickly navigate the online manuals while talking to customers on the phone at the same time. My typing skills also increased at this job as well.

Management was not very visible. We were, for the most part, left to do our jobs as independently as possible.

I had little interaction with my co-workers due to the nature of the work.

The hardest part of the job was having to keep customers on hold while trying to reach a technician.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Comfortable workplace
Cons
Lack of guidance from supervisors
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Identified revenue opportunities with both existing and new clients while managing a sales team to establish new business for government, commercial, and new construction accounts, generating sales and increasing company revenue through account verticals.
A sociopathic company berift of integrity and customer safety is routinely disdained.
worker (Former Employee) –  texasJanuary 7, 2015
In Texas there is a culture in management and most employees here only care about their own well being. Disfunction is a way of life.Customer safety is secondary to getting to the next job.The fox guards the henhouse.The Techs are ignorant of professionalism and would not be employed anywhere else.If you are socipathic and think customers are something to wipe yourselves with then this is the place for you. At Guardian in Texas Ignorance and butchery has become an art form.Customers for your own safety avoid this charade and go anywhere else.
Pros
none in texas
Cons
lack of pride in work, shortcuts are the norm, sociopathic methodolgy
No stars
customer service (Former Employee) –  warrendale paApril 16, 2015
I was hired at this company after being a very good employee with a major company for 12 years. Training was horrible and they threw you out on the floor without help. Most people there gave you an attitude and weren't willing to help you. They would say look it up. We were discouraged from talking, standing or doing anything but looking up your own answers. When I was hired they told me I had 2 weeks of vacation and 5 sick days. They said it started right away. I went 60 days before I went in and scheduled 2 days vacation which they approved right away. Then I took a sick day I was called into the office and was told this would greatly affect my 90 day review which they didn't even tell me I had. I said well you approved 2 days and they said approved or not it would affect my review. Well I didn't take anymore time of and went another 30 days doing my job. I was called in for my 90 day review and was fired. I was blindsided because if you knew that would happen at 60 days why didn't you fire me then? I was blindsided and so were many other people!
No standards
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 16, 2014
At first, I was proud to be a tech for this company. I very quickly worked my way up the ladder. I thoroughly enjoyed dealing with customers and providing them with a quality service. However, in recent years the high standards the company once held have fallen to an embarrassing level. It became the norm to expect serious tech errors on every job. Most management is disconnected and delusional about the daily operations. Those that actually care are quickly forced out or silenced. New policies are implemented by management and then never followed. It is no longer about producing a high quality product and service, it's about producing high numbers with no quality. The lack of communication between departments is astounding and almost comical.
Pros
wages benefits co-workers
Cons
management, lack of communication, no direction, no quality control
Busy
Builder/Residential Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I typical day was busy at times, I learned a new program. The managers were ok. Some of my co-workers are very nice. I enjoyed learning and speaking to new people everyday.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
some of the people
Job Security
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 11, 2014
If you want job security this is the place. The benefits are fantastic but the pay could be better. There are advancement opportunities within the company but HR is a little slow in responding back. They have a wonderful cafeteria and gym. Although to use the gym you have to pay.
Good place to work - has popcorn machine
Dispatcher/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJuly 20, 2014
Guardian Protection is a decent place to work. A typical day at work is to go in put on your headset and call out on all alarms that come in. Some days are extremely busy and your day is over before you know it. I learned phone etiquette, patience and how to be a leader. i get along with my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with angry customers on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you were able to help someone in a bad situation.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
not enough communication between departments