Guardian Security Services Employee Reviews

Just another contract security company
Former Security Officer (Former Employee), Elgin-Vernon Hills-StreamwoodJune 17, 2015
Pros: slightly above average hour rate
Cons: NO BENEFITS, NO SICK TIME, very expensive insurance
Warning there NO union sites therefore NO BENEFITS to speak of,.
You will pay for your unforms, you will not get vacations UNLESS the client approves to pay, absolutely NO sick time and you need to call off sick a minimum of eight full hours in advance. All clients are primarily industrial in nature lot's of guard gate houses , some are ok the rest are the pits. Many sites have extremely high turn over the rest , the guards are there for years. Yes they pay slightly better, health insurance is astronomical.
Customer service
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Was given one job title as temporary placement and meanwhile performing maintenance duties that was not given when asked for job position through supervisor yet still provided the assistances whenever needed.
Nice place to work
Second Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: set hours and days
Cons: not enough overtime and bad health benifits
The job is good, the staff members are very cool individuals, and management will compromise with you if there is an issue. The work you do is in security, they will send you out to site from residential to industrial and many more.
Review of Guardian Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: on-the-job training
Cons: poor health coverage, employee not guaranteed a consistent schedule, employee must pay for uniforms and uniform replacements
I have worked for Guardian Security Services for 3 years and discovered that they do not provide employees with a consistent schedule, making their employees call in every Tuesday for the schedule for next week.

While they are faithful about their "Guardian look" and expect all officers to keep to this standard, they do not keep to giving their officers paid vacations or giving their officers free uniforms.

They are not considerate of their better employees who work hard for them and who need a consistent schedule so they can schedule their time off to do things. They are sometimes put on the schedule when it is the officer's day off.

Overall, I would say that if someone needs to gain experience as a security officer so they could move on, I would give it 2 stars
Productive fun workplace to grow in
Second Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2014
I work well with people of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds which allow me to open my mind to new thoughts and ideas. I welcome constructive criticism as it allows me to concentrate on reaching the goal at hand in a more efficient and effective way. I am motivated and work well alone and within a team environment. Above all else, I pride myself in my punctuality and talent as I enjoy going the extra mile to do what is requested of me.
Security Office
Security Officer Personnel (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 28, 2014
Front Desk to making sure all guidelines are followed for the Mayor and staff in Detroit
Guardian Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Northlake IlJune 24, 2014
Pros: freeedom
Cons: no benefits.
Log in, verify outbound trucks and their bill of lading. Log inbound/outbound truck traffic and visitors.
Good Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 18, 2014
The Team at this company Always Make sure that you receive 40 or more, they also have great Site to work at.
A very mobile job.
PATROL OFFICER (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: mobility
Cons: stressful at times trying to be at different accounts on time.
Guardian Security Systems was a very high profile active job. It required a lot of driving to and from various accounts. There was no predictability or routine during a shift. The staff and management were very caring and operated more as a family type atmosphere.
Secure buildings that was on contract
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: quick assignments for a long duration
Cons: supervisors were blinded by power
Show up and do assigned job. The hardest part of the job were employees called off all the time and no one could find a filler. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers we became a family.
Attentive and Caring Facility
Security Officer (Former Employee), ILMay 7, 2013
I enjoyed working here in the office and with families. I recieved most of my office skills from here.
High Standard company on the outside, but inside garbage as hell
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: slightly higher pay
Cons: everything else, non union, nimrod acting bosses.
Upon working for these idiots the last 3 years, my idea of this company completely change. On the outside looking in to be hired you are thinking this is a very professional company with values and integrity. But when you are actually employed with these nimrods, you realized you made a mistake. I have several issues with them. If you try to call of work, you have to call off with a 16 hour window. Ok, but when you call in the Dispatcher usually reject your call off and try to force you to work even when you are calling off sick. So now if you do manage to call off the time frame dont meet the 16 hour window and you are made to come to work regardless of having surgery,throwing up whatever. It's like you have to come to work dead sick and pass out before some compassion to be layed upon you. My next issue is request time off. It's like it's impossible to do so. You have to try to switch days with a co worker, and they act like they never have enough people to cover your shift. They keep getting new accounts because they under bid the union pay security firms and don'y have enough staff to cover this. No medical, no 401k now due to not enough people sign up for,no dental. The only positive is that they pay slightly more than most security agencies. This is a non union company who acts non human towards their employess and do not care about you as long as they have their bonuses,contracts, and accounts.
A gamble
Security Officer (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILNovember 25, 2012
Pros: people of the work sites.
Cons: pay, benefits(health/dental), management, and everything else
A regular day is not that bad at all. You go to work, do your job, and come home. I learned how my site works and it is nothing marketable in my opinion. I have great co-workers. The amount of traffic can be a rough time that lasts a couple hours. The people make the job enjoyable.

Management is terrible. We are expected to give 2 to 3 weeks notice if we need time off or were fired. On the flip side they don't give us anymore than 8 hours notice when changes happen. There are no courtesy phone calls;so we need to call in, professionalism is non-existant, the operations manager is a real piece of garbage that can't manage his own time non the less the 500 employees he needs to schedule each week, there are no raises, no fuel allowances (I drive 35 miles one way to work), I was hired on for Full time and got part time, and lets just say this company is garbage. DO NOT GO TO GUARDIAN SECURITY IN BLUE ISLAND!
Well respected company with advancement opportunities.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILSeptember 20, 2012
Very diverse and well rounded atmosphere. Advanced customer service, specialized in top level written and oral skills. High paced and very intense, dealing with various chemicals.
Staff
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 27, 2012
The company needs better management! i was a supervisor with this company and i had one of the best staff around. i made sure that i took my time to show them the right way in handling security and making sure that the clients were always happy. the hardest part of my job was having every managemt in my ear and really not having one pereson over me who i could go to.
good benifits available and great management to work under
Security Officer (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILMarch 19, 2012
Pros: good pay and great mangement
Cons: only one main office
Great company to work for! great management. This company has more of a family feel rather than being just another employee