Guardsmark, LLC

Guardsmark, LLC Employer Reviews

My working life
Security Officer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 2, 2014
Great experiences with my working life here at Guardsmark, LLC. Being a Security Officer was really an eye opening experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2014
Pros: promotes from within, free health insurance
Cons: hours, worked holidays
This job moved me further in my career then any job i have had. They are eager to move you up in the company and promote from within.
enjoyed beeing at ranches
Gate guard (Former Employee), carrizo springs Tx.April 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: alone bussy at time and slow
worked 12 hrs shift at ranches keeping records of drivers comeing in and out working alone .
Dissatified current employee
Officer (Current Employee), FloridaApril 21, 2014
Pros: only seen big boss 1 time in a year .. 3 minutes tops ... ..
Cons: lots of unfilled promises
been with the company 1 year , their advertisement of free insurance and benefits is a farce in my opinion. We were offered insurance , filled out the papers and 2 weeks later contacted that their had been mis-communication with the client and that we could pay for our insurance , which turned out to be 181.00 dollars a pay period in my case . at 9.** – more... an hour that was unaffordable for me . Have yet to recieve any other insurance options only promises that its being negotiated on with the client .. since when does the client pay for the guard companies officers insurance ???. Recieved a letter in Dec stating ALL FULL TIME GUARDSMARK employees would have insurance at an affordable cost only to learn later that the letter was not meant for us and that we should not have recieved it . do yourself a favor look elsewhere , youd be better off .. – less
Limited Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 1, 2014
If Guardsmark has a long-term contract with an employer for your services, you will have some job security. If not, they may assign you short term to companies that are either too long to reasonably commute to, or at a lesser pay scale. They may not assign you at all if you aren't able to drive unreasonable distances or take significant pay cuts.
A decent security company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
I went to work and performed duties givin to me by the client. Its a nice place with few clients. But, the clients we have are big name and fun. Great, hard working co-workers and nice managers make the day go by faster and while their, you will learn vast amount of knowledge.
not a good place to work...
security officer (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 18, 2014
Who. would come out of the fbi,cia,and so now. An only get paid 9.50. Not liers
It is a fun place to work, the employee are very polite and professional
Security Guard (Current Employee), Livingston, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: had the pleasure of meeting different people every day.
Cons: when the business is shutdown for the holidays it makes for a long shift.
I began working for this company in
September 2013 and became very familiar with its policies and procedures because of the field training officer. He was very professional at his task.
A very dynamic and unpredictable working environment full of daily challenges.
Assistant Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 16, 2014
On a daily basis it is the responsibility of Security to assist company employees, stakeholders, and visitors to navigate the client's policies and procedures to conduct day to day operations. Security responses to and assists with medical emergencies as well as safety concerns, and industrial accidents. Security coordinates the efforts of multiple – more... on site contracted agencies and companies, and acts as a liason with outside emergency services that may need to response to help. For example, I have assisted with medical emergencies such as heartaches, strokes, and serve injuies such as broken bones and lacerations. I have coordinated the clean up of petroleum spills, chemical spills, and been involve in assisting with other industrial accidents.
Security is also the first impression of the client with visitors and stakeholders that visit the facility. We must provide excellence customer service to ensure that client's policies and procedures are understood and adhered to while on the site.
I have learned how to manage and supervise numerous tasks and suborniates in order to safeguard the lives of all individals on site as well as the propietary property of the client.
The best part of every day is to give a task or challenge, and be able to solve or complete that challenge by utilizing the my energies and the talents of my staff. Building a team is very important to me as a supervisor. – less
Experience can vary depending on the site you are assigned to.
Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 31, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: little advancement opportunity.
Guardsmark can be a nice place to work for some. And all of this depends on the account that you are assigned to.
productive workplace with excellent teamwork
Security Officer (Current Employee), Gardena, CANovember 9, 2013
Busy work day with alot of multitasking
co workers are nice and very friendly
Terrible Pay, Terrible Management, Terrible Company
security officer (Former Employee), HuntsvilleAugust 13, 2013
Cons: everything
Maybe the worse possible job on earth. Apply for this job ONLY if there are no other options for you.
Life as a Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: nice environment, supportive peers, free benefits
Cons: bad pay, very, very poor supervisor
A typical day at work here was: Coming in and counting down the safe bag at the front desk to ensure it is at the required amount. I then got briefed by the officer on duty before taking on the shift. I would monitor temperatures of server rooms, security cameras, and the issue of replacement security badges in case the originals were lost.

I learned – more... integrity and to be firm when I need to be. I learned the importance of attention to detail, especially in things like reports.

My management here was pretty bad. He thought he never had to work on weekends and that he had the right to make fun of my stepfather (who also worked for the company at the time).

My co-workers were nice and helpful. At times, they helped inspire me to further and better myself.

The hardest part of the job was working 12+ hours a day, sometimes for six or seven days per week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people I got to meet, and the help and inspiration from my great co-workers. – less
Bad
Security Officer (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 23, 2013
The pay is bad, the benefits are worse. The only way you have any job security is to be union or be best friends with someone in the office. Management is bad and doesn't know what is going on half the time. Schedule isn't bad if you're lucky enough to get the schedule you want, which most of the time you do.
GUARDSMARK IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Security Officer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 21, 2013
Pros: job security
WORKED AT MORE THEN ONE POST AND ENJOYED IT ALL THE PEOPLE, THE POST I WORKED AT .A TYPICAL DAY WAS AGAIN LEARNING TO WORK WITH PEOPLE. I HAD NO HARD PART OF MY JOB. I ENJOYED MY JOB
what a joke!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MaMay 15, 2013
Pros: pay was higher than other security companies
Cons: everything
Management was the worst here. They had no idea what they were doing. Half the clients talked to me about my particular manager because they could never understand his English! The training was a joke, employees files were piled on the floor. I was moved from site tosite with 40 hours one week and15 hours the next. I admit the paywas better than others – more... but the stress of idiots in management makes it NOT worth it! – less
bad place to work for
Receptionist & General Office Assistant (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 30, 2013
They do not care about there workers all they care about is making the client happy.
Rewarding work, providing security
School Campus Security (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 5, 2013
Monitoring safety and security at campus
Providing information, documentation for incident reports
Providing access to police department when needed
Coordinates safety rules and regulations to staff
Timely newsletter for updates provided
Continual briefing on security matters
SECURITY
Security Officer (Current Employee), SALINAS, CA.April 2, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
MY REVIEW ABOUT THIS COMPANY I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT'S ALRIGHT TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY TO START WITH TO GET WHERE EVER YOU ARE! THEY WILL SEND YOU TO JOB SITES TO WORK AT BUT YOU WILL GET TRAINED AT THE SITE FROM A ON-SITE SECURITY SUPERVISOR.
Great job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Massena, NYMarch 9, 2013
I enjoyed my short time here, everybody was great. I only gave a low score for job security because my job was temporary, which I understood from the start.

1 2 3