Guardsmark, LLC

Guardsmark, LLC Employer Reviews

good job for semi-retired person
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits, hours good
Cons: time off, hourly pay
Benefits are good, training is OK, clients are good. typical shift starts with security foot patrol, reviewing previous shifts logs/notes. Checking E-mail generated from client. Greeting employees as they arrive to work. Control traffic from entering and exiting facility.Time off is hard to get, being short staffed.The clients are thoughtful and friendly.
Armed Officer regulation by company suck.
N/C (Former Employee), N/CSeptember 11, 2014
You will not be able to be an Armed Officer for this company unless you are OVER 30 years old. Only company that I know that does that. Plus they will not tell you or ask you your age until you get interviewed. So by then you have wasted some of your time, which could had been prevented by asking you what position you were looking for and your age; – more... before applying. – less
If you need work, they'll have it
Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2014
If you need work, they'll have it. Mgmt is so so. Pay is dependent on site.
easy job, boring most time.
security (Current Employee), mnJuly 27, 2014
Pros: easy' decent pay
Cons: bad benifits, boring
Job is really easy but boring at times. All I do is sign people in and out all day, and one foot patrol. Get to read and do homework, which is a plus. Pay is pretty decent at 14.00 a hour for a security job, but no raises unless you get promoted. This is a good job if your a college student, but definitely not a career.
Overall a solid company
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great all around
Cons: no cons
Couldn't have left if I could management school/work. Working conditions based on which contractors you will be assigned too. Highly recommend inquiring on the GD/Nassco account: High level security.
Horrible management
security officer (Current Employee), USAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: none - easy money i guess
Cons: no improvement in some sites, dead end, management is non-existant
Site manager could care less about the site. In the 2 years I've been there he hasn't visited, I haven't met him. If you even ask about taking a day off he makes a huge fuss and puts it on YOU to find a replacement. I'm supposed to do YOUR job as well as mine, now? The site is clearly an easy money spot and the company could care less about you. Just – more... shut up and make us money seems to be the attitude. The medical coverage is no longer free not that it was all that great to begin with, dental is garbage, the tuition reimbursement was denied because I wasn't in an accepted program... engineering. The list goes ON and ON typical security company. All about the money, forget all about the employees. I'm glad this is just a temporary job for me otherwise I would have left a long time ago. – less
My working life
Security Officer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 2, 2014
Great experiences with my working life here at Guardsmark, LLC. Being a Security Officer was really an eye opening experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2014
Pros: promotes from within, free health insurance
Cons: hours, worked holidays
This job moved me further in my career then any job i have had. They are eager to move you up in the company and promote from within.
enjoyed beeing at ranches
Gate guard (Former Employee), carrizo springs Tx.April 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: alone bussy at time and slow
worked 12 hrs shift at ranches keeping records of drivers comeing in and out working alone .
Dissatified current employee
Officer (Current Employee), FloridaApril 21, 2014
Pros: only seen big boss 1 time in a year .. 3 minutes tops ... ..
Cons: lots of unfilled promises
been with the company 1 year , their advertisement of free insurance and benefits is a farce in my opinion. We were offered insurance , filled out the papers and 2 weeks later contacted that their had been mis-communication with the client and that we could pay for our insurance , which turned out to be 181.00 dollars a pay period in my case . at 9.** – more... an hour that was unaffordable for me . Have yet to recieve any other insurance options only promises that its being negotiated on with the client .. since when does the client pay for the guard companies officers insurance ???. Recieved a letter in Dec stating ALL FULL TIME GUARDSMARK employees would have insurance at an affordable cost only to learn later that the letter was not meant for us and that we should not have recieved it . do yourself a favor look elsewhere , youd be better off .. – less
Limited Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 1, 2014
If Guardsmark has a long-term contract with an employer for your services, you will have some job security. If not, they may assign you short term to companies that are either too long to reasonably commute to, or at a lesser pay scale. They may not assign you at all if you aren't able to drive unreasonable distances or take significant pay cuts.
A decent security company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
I went to work and performed duties givin to me by the client. Its a nice place with few clients. But, the clients we have are big name and fun. Great, hard working co-workers and nice managers make the day go by faster and while their, you will learn vast amount of knowledge.
not a good place to work...
security officer (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 18, 2014
Who. would come out of the fbi,cia,and so now. An only get paid 9.50. Not liers
It is a fun place to work, the employee are very polite and professional
Security Guard (Current Employee), Livingston, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: had the pleasure of meeting different people every day.
Cons: when the business is shutdown for the holidays it makes for a long shift.
I began working for this company in
September 2013 and became very familiar with its policies and procedures because of the field training officer. He was very professional at his task.
A very dynamic and unpredictable working environment full of daily challenges.
Assistant Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 16, 2014
On a daily basis it is the responsibility of Security to assist company employees, stakeholders, and visitors to navigate the client's policies and procedures to conduct day to day operations. Security responses to and assists with medical emergencies as well as safety concerns, and industrial accidents. Security coordinates the efforts of multiple – more... on site contracted agencies and companies, and acts as a liason with outside emergency services that may need to response to help. For example, I have assisted with medical emergencies such as heartaches, strokes, and serve injuies such as broken bones and lacerations. I have coordinated the clean up of petroleum spills, chemical spills, and been involve in assisting with other industrial accidents.
Security is also the first impression of the client with visitors and stakeholders that visit the facility. We must provide excellence customer service to ensure that client's policies and procedures are understood and adhered to while on the site.
I have learned how to manage and supervise numerous tasks and suborniates in order to safeguard the lives of all individals on site as well as the propietary property of the client.
The best part of every day is to give a task or challenge, and be able to solve or complete that challenge by utilizing the my energies and the talents of my staff. Building a team is very important to me as a supervisor. – less
Experience can vary depending on the site you are assigned to.
Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 31, 2013
Pros: paid breaks, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: little advancement opportunity.
Guardsmark can be a nice place to work for some. And all of this depends on the account that you are assigned to.
productive workplace with excellent teamwork
Security Officer (Current Employee), Gardena, CANovember 9, 2013
Busy work day with alot of multitasking
co workers are nice and very friendly
Terrible Pay, Terrible Management, Terrible Company
security officer (Former Employee), HuntsvilleAugust 13, 2013
Cons: everything
Maybe the worse possible job on earth. Apply for this job ONLY if there are no other options for you.
Life as a Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: nice environment, supportive peers, free benefits
Cons: bad pay, very, very poor supervisor
A typical day at work here was: Coming in and counting down the safe bag at the front desk to ensure it is at the required amount. I then got briefed by the officer on duty before taking on the shift. I would monitor temperatures of server rooms, security cameras, and the issue of replacement security badges in case the originals were lost.

I learned – more... integrity and to be firm when I need to be. I learned the importance of attention to detail, especially in things like reports.

My management here was pretty bad. He thought he never had to work on weekends and that he had the right to make fun of my stepfather (who also worked for the company at the time).

My co-workers were nice and helpful. At times, they helped inspire me to further and better myself.

The hardest part of the job was working 12+ hours a day, sometimes for six or seven days per week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly people I got to meet, and the help and inspiration from my great co-workers. – less
Bad
Security Officer (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 23, 2013
The pay is bad, the benefits are worse. The only way you have any job security is to be union or be best friends with someone in the office. Management is bad and doesn't know what is going on half the time. Schedule isn't bad if you're lucky enough to get the schedule you want, which most of the time you do.

1 2 3