Guardsmark, LLC Employee Reviews

Good place to get experiance
Command Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILAugust 24, 2015
This is one of the work company I worked for. It’s good start to get experience. Pay is very low and no room to move up in company. Management is always screaming at officers even that officer are not wrong.
Productive in time whit work by this company
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Grow and developed in this job
Cons: Healhtcare
I learned the process to be check by vigilance cameras the area of company
Enjoy by working alongside by my colleagues and learning from then
A secure and stable place to work wutil a sales took place in 2015
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TnAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free Parking, Cookie Day on Wednesday, Responsibility and Trust
Cons: Driving Downtown, Suits, limited acess to senior management and decision makers.
I was given the responsibility to bring a company from a 1963 model to the 21st century in the IT world.

The company was run by one man, the CEO. All approval and strategic initiative came though him. He laid every block of the procedure in the company and it was successful for 52 years. He decided that he would like to retire and sold the company - July 28th.
Great Work Enviroment
Lead Officer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Work schedule
Cons: health plan is lacking
Work is relatively easy. The client makes the job enjoyable. The employees make the hours melt away. A typical day involves dealing with contractors, employees and vendors entering and exiting the building under my watch according to company's (client) guidelines. I have learned how to maintain a safe work atmosphere in a business, office setting. The hardest part of the job is managing different personalities among my co workers and keeping them on task.
Security Supervisor
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Marion MassachusettsAugust 6, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime, good pay for the site
Cons: Manager Rep was always lying, forced overtime, working alone on midnight shift.
The owner of the Company is friendly and on top of his game his Manager Representative at the time was basically a person that was incompetent. I worked for a client that had a lot of inside deals and as a Supervisor I basically could not fire, or have any part of the hiring process. I felt like Bill Parcels they would not let me shop for the groceries but wanted me to do the cooking. Staff was always calling out, and had to be DOD cleared which meant very few individuals were not going to complete a job application that was approximately 40 hours long after a complete back ground check that you do not get paid for. Plan on staying or being forced due to lack of help. The pay is good for a Supervisor but you have a lot of responsibilities.
Employees are great
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk,VAAugust 5, 2015
Working with the employees are great, however management is ridiculous. Uniforms are not organized, pay differs with each location, schedule is not consistent, benefits and vacation do not kick in till after a year with the company
Company offers room for advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Room for growth
Cons: Long hours, to include working late at night and on the weekends
I have been with my current company for 15 plus years. I have held positions as an Administrator, HR, Account Manager and Manager. It is a fast paced company with room for advancement. I oversee the daily operations of the branch. I manage an office staff of five salaried personnel and an average of 300 security officers. I enjoy building relationships with the clients and employees. The hardest part of the job to date is retention of hourly personnel.
Friendly and respectful employees
Security Guard (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 23, 2015
This was a very laid back job where you had to work at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the employees. They made sure you were safe and well respected. Majority of them had great sense of humor and was going to make sure they left you with a smile, so it was never a boring job. While working there you had to make sure you knew how to cope with many different attitudes. But of course for me that wasn't hard to do.
Former Security Officer
Security officer (Former Employee), Irving, TexasMay 26, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Poor management and staff.
Guardsmark is a joke they only care about money and there management team is a bigger joke in Dallas, TX DONT work for this mickey mouse outfit..
Empty promises
guard (Current Employee), farmington hillsApril 30, 2015
Pros: a little money
Cons: No hours can't afford to live
managers do not care or exist. They play with your hours. Lucky to get hours. Ridiculous company really. Healthcare is not there or too high. No real benefits and they call you last minute to work always. Unorganized. A joke at most client sites.
Excellent Environment/Staff
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Clark, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Guardsmark is a Security Company par excellence! The staff, management, benefits all are excellent! I have enjoyed my tenure with Guardsmark!
Overall, I really enjoyed by job.
Security (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work environment, management
Cons: interview process
Management is very helpful. Checks are delivered by person and not mail. The hiring process is very long. Most candidates are led on as to if they will get a job or not. Process could take months and paying for gas to interview 10+ times when you need a job is not very reasonable. Once you get the job, everything is perfect. The training for new hires is very helpful. A typical day is not stressful at all. The hardest part of the job is the interview process to get the job.
family-like environment
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), U.SJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: co-workers, learning opportunities
Cons: technology
there is a lot of flexibility in the way work gets done. Offices are fairly small, so you have an opportunity to get to know everyone fairly well. It is very much a family-like environment. There is opportunity for growth in operations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of how work gets done and the culture.
Don't expect a future here.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New yorkDecember 23, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: you're just a number to them.
Guardsmark makes it sound like a great job, but once you're in the system, they could care less about you. All they want is to be able to have workers so they get paid.

Their hiring process is a joke, they ask way too much personal information that they have no reason to know. I've filled out government papers that asked less information.

Not completely upfront about things until the very end where you sign on the dotted line.
The easiest job ever
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ludington, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people almost every day. relaxed breaks.
Cons: no healthcare plan, no benefits besides two weeks paid vacation.
This job is great for a person who doesn't mind very little excitement. It's not a bad job, but it doesn't challenge a person, however, it is an important job. Every day, you go on one or two vehicle patrols of the facility, ensuring the safety of all employees. Also, check emails, conduct drills, take a monthly test, and do at least two vehicle searches.
Their is always pros and cons
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILNovember 2, 2014
As any other corporate company a lot of office politics, however, the people are pleasant to work with.
Security Experience
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: not enough work.
When i started this job the pay was good and i liked it for the time being, but then it started going downhill when they cut my hours because they couldn't keep their contracts and couldn't keep me working any full-time hours (which is what i applied for) i ended up working for them almost a year and i was working 3 days a week 4 hours a day at a college they sent me to work at, although i worked alot of different sites which were temporary that gave me alot of experience in customer service, and different security methods working in all types of environments such as, Offices, corperate businesses, oilfield gates and parking lots, i was later promoted to supervisor and ended up leaving the job because there wasn't enough work to pay the bills anymore.
Productive and Diverse
Security Supervisor/Office Manager (Former Employee), Laramie, WYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: steady schedule
A great company to work for with amazing benefits. All leadership within the company operate at a successful level and are always available to answer any questions or concerns. You also have the ability to transfer to other job sites in your area as well as inter-state.
good job for semi-retired person
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits, hours good
Cons: time off, hourly pay
Benefits are good, training is OK, clients are good. typical shift starts with security foot patrol, reviewing previous shifts logs/notes. Checking E-mail generated from client. Greeting employees as they arrive to work. Control traffic from entering and exiting facility.Time off is hard to get, being short staffed.The clients are thoughtful and friendly.
Armed Officer regulation by company suck.
N/C (Former Employee), N/CSeptember 11, 2014
You will not be able to be an Armed Officer for this company unless you are OVER 30 years old. Only company that I know that does that. Plus they will not tell you or ask you your age until you get interviewed. So by then you have wasted some of your time, which could had been prevented by asking you what position you were looking for and your age; before applying.