GUARDSMARK INC

GUARDSMARK INC Employer Reviews

Good compared to other security companies
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, partial healthcare, eventual paid vacation, pretty decent job security.
Cons: may be coerced into working unfavorable hours, high responsibility for the pay received.
I have worked as a an officer at 3 different locations, and later a supervisor at one location for Guardsmark for a total of 2 1/2 years now. The positives of working work Guardsmark include paid vacation(after you complete your 1st full year of work), competitive pay compared to other security companies, and un-paid time off upon request. The Account Manager is the #1 factor in making this job enjoyable and fulfilling. If you have a thorough and reasonable Manager this job can be amazing. If you have a poor manager, you will undoubtedly be leaving GS for another job ASAP. Want some advice from a GS employee and Supervisor? When you are being interviewed for the job, interview the Manager a little. Find out if he is a leader who cares about his people, or just a boss who cares only for numbers and stat sheets. It will make every difference in the world.
security job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: self supervised
Cons: pay
This was a security job. I actually left on good terms and was on the re-hire list. I have not been re-hired.....
security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 25, 2014
checking ids an reviewing the locations in the buidling . checking on each location to ensure it was secure
Security Officer
Security Officer: Northwestern Hospital (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: low wage(s)
I was only an officer for 6 months before being promoted into a Supervisor role with the company. In that short time I learn to being attentive and focus on the details on many different shifts.
Good company
Level 3 Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough officers
Appears work load is to high and not enough Officers, the work load per job is over whelming at times.
Great national company to work for.
Security Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 15, 2014
Performed basic security office duties and responsibilities including: CCTV monitoring, patrolling, writing report, and securing the facility.
fun workplace
Security officer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2014
I love this job because we always felt welcome and the supervisor was very passionate about their work
Job demands a great deal of activity
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
Pros: benefits- dental, health, vacation
Cons: no lunch break
My day at Guardsmark consists of: being vigilant while conducting drive and foot patrols of the Warehouse, Packers St., the Administration building, and Technical facility. Also, I scale inbound and outbound trucks; ensuring that the weight, seal numbers, order numbers, and paperwork are correct. My co-workers and management are humorous human beings. The most difficult part about the job is working overnights. The most enjoyable part is when my co-workers and I work as a team. Overall, I've learned to be extremely attentive to details.
good company to work for
security officer (Former Employee), new york cityOctober 11, 2013
patrol all job site.
learned to work well with all difference types of clients.
the management at this company were all professionals.
I had good co-workers.
I did not found any parts of this job hard.
working the difference job site.
good
Security Guard (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2013
Good company to work for. The facility assigned to kept employees busy throughout the day.
Its an Ok Company to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 8, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: not much pay
Its an ok company to work with. It has a set schedule (you don't have worry about a rotation). The thing I don't like is that the company doesn't pay much.
Posted in different locations
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Protecting Client personnel and property. Co-workers are helpful and easy to get along with.
FUn but boring job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 27, 2012
Lots of interesting clients bad pay and poor managment and lack of professionalism.
lots of security at work
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2012
there are variable job post at this security guard company where we can transfer to closer locations
Contract Security company
Assistant Security Systems Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 9, 2012
Pros: flexible, work environment, management support
Cons: pay, job security, and advancement
This is a security company that contracts out their services to corporations. The typical duties are those of any other security company to include physical security and shuttles between different company buildings. I learned to be more independant as I was responsible for the security of an entire building. Co-worders and management were all great and were always there when you needed them