Guardsmark

Guardsmark Employer Reviews

Security Officers
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: most enjoyable shift.
Cons: working with supervisor with attitude issues.
Securing the building, checking alarms, filling out the daily report. The job is enjoyable as are the co-workers. The only problem is the current Supervisor needs more training on how to be a Supervisor and how to treat other co-workers also needs to work on attitude issues.
very fun and enjoyable
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Oregon, OHFebruary 24, 2015
A day here consists of alot of work ensuring safety and security of the job site, I learned alot working here. The management and coworkers were very laid back and easy going.
Great for school, not so great otherwise.
SCI Guard (Current Employee), BoulderFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: healthcare, schedule changes, pay
It is a good school job, you can study when you have nothing else to do, and they will work around your school scheduled.

Outside of that, the hours change, the pay is low, and there is very little opportunity for advancement.
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee), chicago,ilFebruary 23, 2015
They try to get you to a location that will work with you and your schedule. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company and training is provided and 401k, insurance. I moved up from Guard to Site supervisor.
Good workplace
Security officer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2015
This is the first security company I was with and I really enjoyed it while I was with the company. It taught me so much going into the new security company I am with.
Great work place.
Security Guard (Current Employee), El Paso T.X.February 11, 2015
Conducted inventory of trailers and dispatched and received trailers from and to various locations. The hardest part of the job was the inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees.
Executive building had many interesting people to network with
Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: public transportation good accessability
Cons: lack of management communication among each manager
Each day was routine and the days and hours were morning and life accomidating. I was able to work all days scheduled and I learned alot of skills and management training that I use in my personal life as well.
Great job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILFebruary 9, 2015
This is a great company to work and the benefits are excellent. The position is hard work but the benefits and pay is great
Similar to previous company...
Customer Service Representative/ Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Rude management that give employees the "run around" instead of giving the employees the time of day to solve any and all problems that arise in the workplace.
Stuck at a desk with no work
Security guard (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: you name it
At Guardsmark a typical day was to sit at a desk in a college dorm. I was not allowed to get up, even for the bathroom, unless I had another person with proper authority take over. Via the Guardsmark employee manual, employees were not allowed any diversionary material, which meant sitting at this desk for 8 hours with most of the time simply sitting in an empty room. Even filling out paperwork would have been an improvement. To top it all off, the promise of "as many hours as I want" only wound up to be about one or two shifts per week. Not because I didn't want more, but because that was all that was available. AND my manager told other employees bad things about my personality before my final shift, even though the man had never spoken to me ONCE.

Horrible, horrible place to be employeed
Not a good place to work, employees treated poorly
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: no lunches, no raises, little to no advancement
Depending on the site, the work varies from very slow to very busy. Management is poor and plays favorites, Fellow employees were great to work with, but dealing with certain site managers was bad. We were at their mercy and made to basically do whatever they wanted us to do. The best part of the job was the interaction with the public and places I was assigned to.
Productive workplace with growth opportunities
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: managing my own schedule
Cons: not enough pay
Starting out at the bottom rung and working my way up with diligence and hard work I was promoted due to my organizational and interpersonal skills. I thrived in the fast paced and multi-faceted challenges of management, HR responsibilites, and office environment.
Temporarily Lost
Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
EZ, job but bad management, they misplace my file. when I transfor to Memphis.
A good company to work for
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockleigh, NJJanuary 27, 2015
this company is by far one of the better companies i worked for. the management is good and try to work with you in time of need. the sites they have a preaty well known companys. the benifits are preaty good i have no complaints and enjoy working for Guardsmark.
Productive and great co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: job duties varied from day to day on most days.
Cons: no advancement
A typical day for while working for Guardsmark varied from day to day. Most days I worked the receptionist desk, greeting visitors, answering and directing multiple phone lines, sending and replying to emails internal and external. I had some really good co-workers we worked well together because we did our job and we did it with pride. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming in contact with different people on a daily basis and my day and duties changed almost daily.
Not for me
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: lack of managerial skills
Lack of managerial skills, did not know how to handle employee complaints, no real guidelines for how to work at different sites.
Review
Security Officer (Current Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 21, 2015
When working with this company if you like to have a lot of free time it would be a great Job.
fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Patrolled the facility and served as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions.
Responded quickly to medical emergencies, bomb threats and fire alarms.
Patrolled industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.
Continuously monitored security cameras and fire, building and alarm systems.
Issued security badges and visitor passes to all guests.
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: extended work at times
This is a wonderful company. They are very flexible with work hours and employee self-improvement.
gruardsmark
Security Guard (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: last min call ins
i loved working there it was a steady job wish i never had to leave nice place to work good coworkers nice supervisor able to talk to branch mgr if needed openly very understanding hardest part of work was the last min call ins but the best part of work was the coworker i trained

1 2 3 4 5

About Guardsmark

When FBI agents leave Quantico, the agency's training academy,¬†they go to Guardsmark. The company provides security services – Read more