Guardsmark Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2016
Good place to work , uniforms were supplied, and always received extra training, Most job sites well supplied with equipment
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
never knew who was in charge, always someone different
too stressed out with mgmt being big brother
Securiy Officer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 12, 2016
most enjoyable is interacting with employees, mgmt always looking over your shoulder and not backing up their employees.
Pros
left to work on my own and no fear
Cons
big brother syndrome
No enough good paying sites
SECURITY OFFICER/TRAINING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 12, 2016
Work was ok when you dont have a boss on you. Pay was not good. Hardest part of job when people dont want to work. Was a training officer here
Pros
OK
Cons
WORK A LOT NO COVERAGE WHEN YOU NEED TIME OFF
Glorified Doorman
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 5, 2016
Hired as a security guard, the reality was a 2nd shift doorman. Paid 8 hours for an 8 hour shift - lunch included.
ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Pros
Lunch break included
Cons
Could not leave the premises
Productive and Fun
Site Commander (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 4, 2016
A typical day at work, first, I had to meet with the client to discuss any new or upcoming events that was occurring on site. Next, I would meet with the supervisors to address any issues or concerns that had pertaining to the site. Thirdly, I would update my project manager on all new information pertaining to the site. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the client and the easiest part of the job, was being able to effectively manage the site and maintain a happy staff.
Enjoyed being a part of a great team
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2016
Challenging place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different people, getting to know them and being a part of a great team. I took pride in my work and felt I contributed to the overall success of the department.
monitoring cctv cameras and foot patrolling
Patrol Security officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2016
i was a mobile patrol officer in sugar land city.and i was the dispatcher checking on the other officers.my co-workers use to love me on the job because i was honest caring helpful.
Security Duties
Private Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 30, 2016
Greet and log all incoming traffic, monitor all security systems, patrol and evaluate all utilities, structure interior and exterior, file a daily report of discrepancies. Check for water leaks, parking violations. Call residence for arrival of anyone guess, visitors, deliveries,etc.
Pros
Bring your lunch
Cons
Must be on location at all times
Guardsmark SOC
Security Operations Center Controller (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Guardsmark it allowed me to gain a lot of valuable experience in the corporate world. It also helped me deal with everyday IT issues which we would need resolve on our own I feel this gave me the confidence to pursue a degree in technology.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Healthcare, Flexibility, Pay
I like doing Security Guard work and working with good people.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nice to be out side and sent to different places.June 21, 2016
I like working as a Security Guard and do miss it. would like to do it again someday. Those guards I worked with where great. Smart at how they handle things and I learned alot.
Pros
I like security work.
Cons
If it rains on me as a cart officer it does get cold in the mornings.
fast paste and long hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 15, 2016
keeps you busy through out the shift, learned many skills with office work and communicating. the job teaches you patients and trouble shooting skills. also teaches you how to keep people informed on the jobsite. This job thought me a lot about safety in a mining environment.
Pros
overtime avaliable
Cons
no lunch breaks
If your the right type of person could be a possible fit for you
Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is people that you serve on a daily, friends you build a networking relationship with, the worst part is structure, standing for hours on end sometimes. Limited time for lunches however it is paid, benefits are limited.
Pros
Paid lunch, network of friends both coworkers and people you serve.
Cons
room for advancement is limited, poorly ran management staff, standing hours on end.
Stagnate work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 7, 2016
While I was Employed at Guardsmark we went through three changes in management all of which did not want to get to know the people they were supervising. the work weeks were long with no camaraderie between the guards or the supervisors
Pros
job site was close to home.
Cons
no lunch breaks, unskilled supervisors
Management sucks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2016
Management are bullies and one is a hot head. He is short and suffers from short man syndrome and this is why he yells at people. He is controlling and has poor leadership. Management shows favoritism. They tried to prevent some employees from getting promoted when they dislike them.
Pros
St. Jude is a contract that makes the most money
Cons
Will be moved from a post. Will take clients word over employees
My co workers are great
Security Officer/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 29, 2016
My coworkers are great and the facility that I work in is wonderful. I don't have anything bad to say about that portion of my job. My problem is with upper management and payroll. They don't communicate at all and payroll is constantly messing up paychecks.
Pros
Great coworkers and workplace.
Cons
No communication and payroll messing up paychecks.
great
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2016
A typical work day is great
I learn how to respond to situation in a timely manner my coworkers were great to work because I am team player. the hours where great to work 7-3
Pros
hours are great
Cons
the pay is not enough no vacation pay or sick time off
good place to work and a really good atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 23, 2016
did Security work for the BHP mine and for the Conoco Phillips offices. Patrolled all building and secured all unused vehicles. the management for this company was great. they really cared for all of there employees. the co-workers were great was well. we get along with one anther.
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 18, 2016
This company is no longer in business and theres a good reason. the management was terrible and the pay was worse. the job locations werent safe and they gave you no protection.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Performed security operations while working at Lockheed Martin MST Orlando. Performed various operations such as, bag checks, access control, fire and safety checks and assisted employees with all types of issues. Safeguarded highly sensitive Department of Defense materials and access codes and provided security for all personnel on site.
productive
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 12, 2016
this was a good job with advancement potential. The pay was good also, we had a solid eight hours everyday the employee were friendly and curious.
Pros
productive