Guardsmark

Guardsmark Employer Reviews

Excellent way to learn the "Security Officer" position.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Morris, Ill. and Montgomery, Ill.October 17, 2014
Pros: good company with benefits available, advancement opportunities
Cons: some job sites required travelling distance, some quite far.
Different job sites included Checking trucks in and out. Computer entries were basic, but the potential learning curve was very good. There was a lot of dealings with not only truck drivers, but with warehouse type "stuff" going on around you. You were dealing with the officials of these companies, plus with working with Guardsmark, created a good learning – more... environment. I had to work with co-workers to where info was being passed on to the Officer relieving you, plus with inside personnel, so good learning experiences were happening. I was able to receive several awards while working here. – less
na
Security Guard (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 17, 2014
Its a sit down job monitoring the front lobby foe eight hours
Bad
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: health bennefits
Cons: too many to list in this box.
Worst security company to work for. Guardsmark will not help to get you a raise at the site, will not promote you unless they have no other choice and will not listen to any of your requests.
awesome
Fire Safety Officer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2014
awesome had a great couple years just not a place to grow or a place to spread your wings.accounts were lost and really put a big impact on peoples pay and life
Just an okay job
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Altos, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sub par account managers
As a Security Officer, you will work all different types of schedules. Guardsmark is a great security company to work for. They have a good organization. Some account managers are sub par, but if you work enough hours to get their benefits, they are not too bad for an hourly job.
Great company to help with getting your foot in the door
Facilities Coordinator - Head of security (Current Employee), Andover, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: aquired new skills and experience, free uniforms, advancement within company
Cons: bad benefits, not so great pay
This company could do better to take care of their employees better. The benefits are no good, and you keep getting thrown to different accounts constantly that just having a permanent location.
Great Pay
Security Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2014
Work hard and follow the rules and you can have a job for life.
very few opportunities to grow if your a women.
Customer Service Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: will provide awesome training
Cons: can get suck in the same position year after year.
would not recommend this place to work if your looking to grow with the company.
Job is productive
SECURITY GUARD SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: daytime work
Cons: no health insurance
Job was convenient, close to home, co workers were very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the visitors and having them in at a timely manner
gateguard
Gate Guard (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: work your own pace
Cons: being alone for hours in an empty ranch
It was a pretty laid back job and easy to do. Mostly worked alone
Lockheed Martin
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoy working for Lockheed employee management but not Guardsmark
The Worst
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Allentown,PA.September 7, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
This has been the worst comany I have ever worked for in my entire life, bar none!
Great Work enviroment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 3, 2014
Train other Officer daily on how to be a first responder.
I learn that protecting people is a great feeling.
My Co-Worker are very respectful and hard workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Productive and fun environments
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of "you" time
Cons: shifts tend to drag on
It was my first security job I ever worked at. However, it gave me plenty of skills that I gained strictly from working the shifts I did and hours that I did. Diligence, Patience, and a calm and cool demeanor.
Productive and fun environments
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of "you" time
Cons: shifts tend to drag on
excellent company
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
fortune 500 company. excellent benefits and a good place to work. if you're looking for a security company, this is it.
Nice people you work for at accounts
Security Officer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2014
My work duties were patrol, monitor surveillance, check ID badges.
I learned how to better deal with people and situations. Management is overall ok. Co-workers are nice to work with. Sometimes dealing with customers is hard. Knowing that I helped people and kept people safe.
Very laid back environment with short staffed officers on 3rd shift.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 3rd shift less traffic and people
Overall the team and management could be a lot better. They lack in a lot of areas and not appreciative of their officers. My job is laid back I do not have a hard part about it.
A nightmare that seems to have no end
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: short lunch, no raises, no advancement, arrogant leaders, retaliation for days off, favoritism, false promises
I worked only at one site particularly and can say that the turnover is unimaginable. There is no pay raises, no advancement, no empathy, no consideration, no trust, and favoritism a much played factor in this company. From the moment you are rushed through the hiring process to the completion of the awful training received you will realize that you – more... have made a grave mistake and that if you get too comfortable then you could become stuck. You will embrace harassment, insults, and embarrassment daily, but management will do nothing for you.

To me it seems counter-intuitive to keep firing your guards or making conditions so bad they quit, and then having to pay and retrain all new guards almost every month, but the skills you gain here are useless for any other job any way so you will reach and point and realize there is no point to even try to hold on to the job when Austin is hiring for good jobs all over the city.

I will say one last thing. This place could be great with the correct management and supervision,but unfortunately I will not be there to see it and I wouldn't hold my breath. – less
UNORGANIZED, NO ROOM TO GROW
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Florence, NJAugust 6, 2014
THE SCHEDULE CHANGES EVERY OTHER DAY, NOT RELIABLE, CRAZY LONG 12 TO 18 HOURS, HR DOES NOT FOLLOW UPS ON EMPLOYEES REQUEST OR DOCUMENTS, VERY UNORGANIZED MANAGEMENT, EMPLOYEES VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

1 2 3 4 5

About Guardsmark

When FBI agents leave Quantico, the agency's training academy,¬†they go to Guardsmark. The company provides security services – Read more