Guardsmark

Guardsmark Employee Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed.
Security officer (Current Employee), York. PaJune 30, 2015
Pros: You can help people on a daily basis.
Cons: Low wages.
A great chance to build basic security experience and learn how to provide emergency response and base first aid. Extremely enjoyed it for my first security job.
Ok place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 19, 2015
Pros: Easy work assiments
Cons: Uneducated Management and at time's like a dictatorship
Reported to dispatch on duty filed out daily reports did patrols of the facility lockdowns and unlocks as needed per shift.
Guardsmark
Security Officer (Current Employee), Carmel, IndianaJune 18, 2015
I am currently going through a transition from Guardsmark to Securitas, client wise. Working for Guardsmark for 2 years now I am kind of upset that there was never any consideration of a raise. Excellent work history and missing 1 week of because of a week long hospital stay merit some type of discussion.
Good work enviroment that excells at employing hard workers!
CONTROL CENTER OPERATOR (Current Employee), Rochester, NY, Eastman Kodak CompanyJune 18, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunches, Vacation Time, Heathcare, and Dental
Cons: Affordable Health Care Act caused free Health Insurance to now cost money.
Guardsmark is a well received Security Provider, and for good reason. They excel at providing superior service, and accomplish this by hiring superior employees. It is nice to work at a job where everyone works hard, and does their best to get the job completed correctly!
Run!
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: Decent pay for unarmed
Cons: All of it mainly.
Training from certain S/O's is good and others pretty much give you the sink or swim option. Bassically belittle you if you are new an did a slip up an expect you to know everything about the location. Training is short, the process to get hired is ridiculous, don't expect to have much of a social life, someone's always leaving and end up with new guys=high turn over rate, don't talk to other guards cause they will throw each other under the bus.
Depends on your placement
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJune 16, 2015
Cons: Pitiful Benefits
The management and supervisors tended to be completely clueless. Guards were regularly called in for extra shifts just hours after leaving an 8-12 hour shift.
relaxed and easy-going workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, good working post
Cons: lack of replenishment of uniforms
Guardsmark is a good place for those looking for a job that has good pay, many post to choose from for your convenience. The management team does their best to meet your needs and take care of any issues you have.
Interesting Job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 9, 2015
Got to learn a lot about the gas well industry and how it works. I met a lot of people doing this job and was able to get to see different places I normally would have never gone.
Working for Guardsmark
Security Guard (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 7, 2015
Everyday of being a security guard for Guardsmark is very interesting. I am staioned at Regional One Hospital and the people here are great .
Stepping Stone
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2015
Flexibility was good for school. I learned to be vigilant at all times and pay attention to details. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet with professional people in my directed career choice.
Productive and a fun company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2015
Pros: The job is laid back
Cons: Pay raise
Every three hours we have to make our security check pints and every two hours when nobody is in the building at night we have to make our rounds on the inside of the plant.
not a good place to work
Non-Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 23, 2015
Co-workers treated you horrible, the supervisors don't care about you at all. the staff whom your protecting don't like security at all. its very difficult to work there and maintain focus.
Why I would not recommend
Executive Protection (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: dont adhere to their policies
I would not recommend this company to anyone looking to contract security or any sharp, competent guard looking for work.
Good Temporary Job
Security Guard (Contractor) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Work locations
Cons: Uniform budget restrictions
Good employer after relocating from out of state, which open new employment opportunities. I was able to get my foot in the door in the security field.
Slow and Steady
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 19, 2015
No complaints working for Guardsmark but it is a typical contract security company and its pretty straight forward. This furthered my work experience and provide some interesting situations to learn from but I am not thrilled being a career security officer.
Productive job sklls and job organization
Security Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Good Hours
Cons: Bad Management
A typical day at work for me insist of showing up to work, signing in and going to my designated post. After sitting at post for an hour, we rotate counter clockwise to a different post. While switching different post you walk the premises for each post. As you are at each post you watch your surroundings and the people walking in and out of the building.
Flexibility of additional overtime hours
Security Officer l (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Worked a forty hour week with the opportunity to pick up additional hours when needed. Worked with fellow of officer to arrange flexible
days off.
horrible
Security Guard and EMT Basic (Former Employee), Trona, CAMay 15, 2015
Cons: never got a full lunch break due to lazy co-workers
Worst place I have ever worked for. Co workers were jerks and management was nonexistent. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Typical Security Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 11, 2015
It ultimately depends on the work site you are assigned to. I was assigned to an account that was absolutely amazing (the client's culture and employees were great!!), but other work sites are not so.
Great work that pays off
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDApril 28, 2015
Pros: free uniforms
I have been with Guardsmark for almost five years and have been promoted twice because my hard work and efforts to keep our client more than satisfied has allowed me to advance with at our site.

1 2 3 4 5

About Guardsmark

When FBI agents leave Quantico, the agency's training academy,¬†they go to Guardsmark. The company provides security services – Read more

Guardsmark Salaries