Guardsmark

Guardsmark Employer Reviews

very few opportunities to grow if your a women.
Customer Service Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: will provide awesome training
Cons: can get suck in the same position year after year.
would not recommend this place to work if your looking to grow with the company.
Job is productive
SECURITY GUARD SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: daytime work
Cons: no health insurance
Job was convenient, close to home, co workers were very friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the visitors and having them in at a timely manner
gateguard
Gate Guard (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: work your own pace
Cons: being alone for hours in an empty ranch
It was a pretty laid back job and easy to do. Mostly worked alone
Lockheed Martin
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoy working for Lockheed employee management but not Guardsmark
The Worst
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Allentown,PA.September 7, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
This has been the worst comany I have ever worked for in my entire life, bar none!
Great Work enviroment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 3, 2014
Train other Officer daily on how to be a first responder.
I learn that protecting people is a great feeling.
My Co-Worker are very respectful and hard workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Productive and fun environments
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of "you" time
Cons: shifts tend to drag on
It was my first security job I ever worked at. However, it gave me plenty of skills that I gained strictly from working the shifts I did and hours that I did. Diligence, Patience, and a calm and cool demeanor.
Productive and fun environments
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of "you" time
Cons: shifts tend to drag on
excellent company
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
fortune 500 company. excellent benefits and a good place to work. if you're looking for a security company, this is it.
Nice people you work for at accounts
Security Officer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2014
My work duties were patrol, monitor surveillance, check ID badges.
I learned how to better deal with people and situations. Management is overall ok. Co-workers are nice to work with. Sometimes dealing with customers is hard. Knowing that I helped people and kept people safe.
Very laid back environment with short staffed officers on 3rd shift.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 3rd shift less traffic and people
Overall the team and management could be a lot better. They lack in a lot of areas and not appreciative of their officers. My job is laid back I do not have a hard part about it.
A nightmare that seems to have no end
Security Officer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: short lunch, no raises, no advancement, arrogant leaders, retaliation for days off, favoritism, false promises
I worked only at one site particularly and can say that the turnover is unimaginable. There is no pay raises, no advancement, no empathy, no consideration, no trust, and favoritism a much played factor in this company. From the moment you are rushed through the hiring process to the completion of the awful training received you will realize that you – more... have made a grave mistake and that if you get too comfortable then you could become stuck. You will embrace harassment, insults, and embarrassment daily, but management will do nothing for you.

To me it seems counter-intuitive to keep firing your guards or making conditions so bad they quit, and then having to pay and retrain all new guards almost every month, but the skills you gain here are useless for any other job any way so you will reach and point and realize there is no point to even try to hold on to the job when Austin is hiring for good jobs all over the city.

I will say one last thing. This place could be great with the correct management and supervision,but unfortunately I will not be there to see it and I wouldn't hold my breath. – less
UNORGANIZED, NO ROOM TO GROW
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Florence, NJAugust 6, 2014
THE SCHEDULE CHANGES EVERY OTHER DAY, NOT RELIABLE, CRAZY LONG 12 TO 18 HOURS, HR DOES NOT FOLLOW UPS ON EMPLOYEES REQUEST OR DOCUMENTS, VERY UNORGANIZED MANAGEMENT, EMPLOYEES VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
stay away from this company
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: paid vacation
Cons: no sick days, bad management, idiot coworkers
stressful job, zero appreciation, no way to advance on the job. Management doesn't look out for you, just for the client.
not the best of security companies to work for
Concierge, Security/Asset protection (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
lack of professionalism, managers don.t care about employees and their work needs.
productive and fun work place
Security officer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great for students
Cons: short breaks
a typical day includes monitoring secured areas and learning the day to day functions in a call center. management was not bright but got the job done.
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Carmel, INJuly 15, 2014
You have your long days and your good days like any other job.
benefits are expensive takes alot out of your check
co-workers are usually ok but you have the the few that are hard to get along with.
dont work there
security guard at Spokane County Courthouse (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 15, 2014
Cons: wages, politics
this is a job for ER only, u r on the front lines dealing with the public, there for court.... with no personal protection. u deal with the worst society has to offer.
Not a very good company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rome, GAJuly 14, 2014
Job is on the line every single day. Management will not work with you. Both of my supervisors never knew how to properly make a schedule. They won't even hire you unless you can work both day and night shifts during the same week. Refusal to pay me 13 hours of overtime i accumulate while working a 26 hour shift
Security Officier
security officier (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 8, 2014
Provide security to employees and building by monitoring closed circuit TV and on foot rounds. Monitor fire panel and first responder if fire is detected. I do not carry in this position; however, I do have my CPL. Securitas took over in May of 2014, I am still currently in the same position, just working for Securitas now.

1 2 3 4 5

About Guardsmark

When FBI agents leave Quantico, the agency's training academy, they go to Guardsmark. The company provides security services – Read more