Gucci Employee Reviews

minimal to no advancement for back of house or operations staff.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 18, 2016
the company is great to work for over all but as always there is a limit. operational staff is stuck the availability for advancement is minimal at best and only is flagship stores. A with any job one bad manager can ruin the whole experience. Such as in the palm desert store location. The micro management is ridiculous and and inability to leave personal feelings or emotional events at home can and has ruined the work environment. If the company its self could stop and look down from there high end high horse and see that some of there over barring ways don't work with a manager (like the one in my store) that can't handle the pressure. Then they would be able to eather change or remove that person so that they don't overwhelm there staff and create a poor, sad borderline hostile work environment. some people just can't take the stress and especially if it's a manager they need fined another field of employment.
Pros
good benefits, overtime, holiday pay
Cons
poor store level management, very small raises, and minimal advancement opertunity.
No job security
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 30, 2017
No job security.
Not sure how the benefits are, because temp for three years with the intentions of turning me perm, which never happened.

Missed on all company perks such health benefits, PTO days, 401K etc, but was extremely dedicated to the company for 3 plus years. Not dedicated or loyal to the staff.
Pros
company looks good on resume
Cons
no job security, down size, no temp to perm opportunity
Really great co-workers and management.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 30, 2016
Overall it was a great experience wouldn't take it back for nothing in the world. The staff was a pleasure to work with and had a very easy going atmosphere also professional.
Pros
experience, benefits, location, networking, hours
Cons
N/A
Amazing Retail Salary
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2016
Good company to work for, however management in stores has been lackluster. I have little work/life balance, which is expected in this industry, however manager is unwilling to work with schedules or requests during soft seasons. I have wanted to grow with company for some time and feel that I am stuck while people who are not ideal for better positions get to advance.
Pros
uniform, luxury experience. Brand is an icon
Cons
schedules lead to burnout, store management is not experienced in people skills
Italian Confusion
Vice President, Sales, Watches and Jewelry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Read "Rise and Fall" at the house of Gucci. When I was there we went through a new President every year. To be fair I was in the watch and jewelry division - not clothing.

No stability
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
management changes
A well respected European Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Gucci. It has a legacy and a history that is very impressive. The discount was an added bonus. I traveled to Italy and got a tour of the warehouse, it was astonishing.
Pros
The discount
Cons
The management
gucci
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
• Identified marketing opportunities and new trends for in-store implementation.
• Solicited customers and managed existing customer accounts.
• Assisted the store manager in various capacities, preparing associate schedules and assisting fellow associates with in-store duties.
• Performed closing and opening procedures for store operations.
• Collaborated and planned strategies for new in-store collections.
Great Company to work for.
Client Service Associate (Seasonal), E-Commerce (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Provided integral role within the Gucci e-commerce customer service division. In addition to seamless full-service support for Gucci.com USA and Canada purchases orders and phone orders
Pretty easy work environment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  685 5thAveFebruary 7, 2017
There wasn't hard days as it was easy seasonal retail work. The environment was really laid back and everyone came together to get the job done.
I wasn't too happy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 23, 2016
I wasn't too happy at Gucci - Just not my cup of tea at this company. It was just a temp job & not quite what I was looking for. Someone else might love this job - just not a fit for me
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not Applicable
Established brand, standing out is tough
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
Gucci is growing to be the largest luxury brand. with such quick acceleration goals are tough to meet. because the brand is so recognizable people come second.
Productive and fun work environment. I enjoy going into work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 20, 2016
At Gucci I am a sales associate and I have learned to deal with every ethnicity and learned how to work in a fast paced environment when things get hectic as well as.
Cons
short breaks
Rich in History
Supervisor - BEAT Coach (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2016
The Gucci Group is intensely focused on its history and standards. To provide the clients/costumers a positive and fun experience without loosing principals, company expectations and standards is a must. We are very well trained and prepared to assume new positions. The company is very good in rewarding employees and recognizing new talents as well. Days go by so fast. Employees comes from all walks of life and everyone is friendly and kind.
Pros
lots of training and support.
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Logistics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Though I worked out of the office in Secaucus, NJ. I loved it. They use to have a van service that picked us up from the city and brought us to the jobs doorstep and back.

You are able to learn a lot and though room for advancement is somewhat limited, it exists. Call Center hours were growling, but appreciation for a job well done was always acknowledged.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Late hours
Work at Gucci is a demanding yet rewarding experience.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2016
A typical day of work at Gucci consisted of establishing and building upon client relationships through the use of a CRM. The environment created at our store was always fun, positive, and growth based. Plenty of opportunities to grow as a salesperson. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was having the opportunity to really make my clients day on a daily basis through exceptional customer service and selling.
High paced, great fashions
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2015
Great place to work. Well compensated and goal orientated environment. Had a lot of fun working for this company and they provided really great benefits.
Pros
Great Fashions
Successful work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 28, 2016
Working at Gucci is a wonderful experience! The employees are very helpful and they are very understanding. Ive learned a lot about working in an upscale company such as etiquette and high quality products. I enjoy gaining relationships with each customer in which keeps them coming back.
Pros
High-end
Cons
Distance
It was an OK place to start
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Job was solely responsible for one individual. There was no team work and management made work very difficult. They would not listen to recommendations and put so much onto your plate that it was almost unfair. It made getting your work impossible to complete. The lack of communication and leadership created a culture of blame which held no one accountable.
benefits
Cons
everything
Expected to give 100% to the company. Any time for family, etc. frowned upon.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiJanuary 14, 2013
Starts w/a meeting to review the previous day and to discuss upcoming events, expectations.
Once on the floor check the displays, do a daily count of merchandise on display, fix displays, clean, greet and help any customers as they arrive in the store. In down time, contact customers to give them updates on latest arrivals, etc.
Management in the store very knowledgeable, but most tend to not be hands on and are kept very busy by the company writing reports.
Some co-workers are very keen on making money (commission) and have the energy to fly around the store selling, but not with upkeep of the store, or how merchandise is presented or handled, which management stresses to be important to keep up the standards. But, they overlook it if their numbers are good. As an old timer, this conflict of interest was very draining.
They made it very hard to take days off or schedule vacations. If you didn't take all your vacation because of schedule conflicts, you just lost it. Any doctor's appointments or any appointments had to be made at least three weeks in advance and submit requests to be off because we never had a weekly set schedule.
The only bright spots were when personal customers left happy with anything I suggested for them.
Pros
401k, health insurance
Cons
no breaks, no set schedule, no life outside of work.
Run by Liars and Crooks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2016
The Human Resources department protects management from any criticism, including but not limited to racism, favoritism, fraud, lying, stealing. You should not only never work there, but you should also never shop there. The brand is for label-loving mindless followers who think a brand makes them better than other people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gucci. Our community is ready to answer.