Gucci Employee Reviews

Great environment geared to help you learn and grow as an individual. Very supportive management team that truly had your best interests at heart.
Wholesale Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 31, 2012
Working for Gucci over the past 6+ years has allowed me to grow as an individual as well a part of a team. Each day started with the a review of our brands financial analysis that was condensed and sent to our controller and sales team. We then reviewed our ASN (Advance Shipment Notice) and advised the warehouse of merchandise that delivered and if there were any shipments requiring priority. Daily monitoring of orders, following the life cycle of the order from production to the customer. Prioritize orders approaching cancel dates, special events or rush orders. Communications with buyers regarding price issues, EDI transmissions, quantity discrepancies, etc. During market we entered orders and submitted to production and sent confirmations to the buyers. Follow up and reply to any email communication, process return authorizations, return to suppliers, inter company transfers between retail and wholesale, process reorders, etc. Each season required defining and assigning our new color/fabrics to the NRF Standard Color and Size Codes which provides retailers, vendors, and manufacturers a common language for product color and size identification that supplements the UPC information for EDI purposes. Gucci Group is an ensemble of luxury brands that each have their on Wholesale Customer Service Specialist, we all worked closely together and were able to assist each other when necessary. The hardest part of the job was when we were approaching our current season cancel date and were trying to prioritize clearance and delivery between European customs and U.S. customs. With 7 luxury  more... brands having cancel dates within a day or two of each other and all being processed by the same warehouse team it required constant monitoring and working with our European Customer Service, Import/Export Department and our Warehouse to ensure as much merchandise was processed and shipped prior to cancel as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was each market, seeing the new line, interacting with the buyers, processing orders and meeting the deadline to have all order uploaded to production. I enjoyed the fast paced atmosphere that occurred every market. I really loved my job and if I had not relocated back to my hometown of Birmingham I would not have left. I look forward to the next chapter of my life and any challenge it brings.  less
Pros
friendships that i made, the knowledge i gained, great discount
Cons
i was located in new jersey away from my hometown of birmingham, alabama
Fast paced luxury boutique
Selling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2013
Our day starts with a morning meeting. Recap from the day before, LY numbers, daily goals, product knowledge and/or any other informative things that need to be talked about. Then I open the cash registers, check emails from corporate for store consolidations and other stores for transfer requests. If there are any I will pull the requested items and prepare them for the shipping team. I will also send out requests if any of our team needs items we don't have in store for out clients. If new shipments come I put the items where they belong and get a display ready.
Then I make myself on the floor and do a floor count if no one has done it before, check if everything is up to the visual standards and assist customers and colleges if certain questions or problems arise that they need assistance with.
I have learned how to read and analyze on hand reports and how to strategize business better threw that.
We are quite a big store. We have all in all about 18 people excluding me in our boutique. Including 4 managers, 3 support and operations people and the rest is the selling team.
The hardest part is when there isn't enough coverage and one is pulled in all different directions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can work with my amazing team, we all help each other, do our job, have a overall successful day and happy customers in the end.
Expected to give 100% to the company. Any time for family, etc. frowned upon.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiJanuary 14, 2013
Starts w/a meeting to review the previous day and to discuss upcoming events, expectations.
Once on the floor check the displays, do a daily count of merchandise on display, fix displays, clean, greet and help any customers as they arrive in the store. In down time, contact customers to give them updates on latest arrivals, etc.
Management in the store very knowledgeable, but most tend to not be hands on and are kept very busy by the company writing reports.
Some co-workers are very keen on making money (commission) and have the energy to fly around the store selling, but not with upkeep of the store, or how merchandise is presented or handled, which management stresses to be important to keep up the standards. But, they overlook it if their numbers are good. As an old timer, this conflict of interest was very draining.
They made it very hard to take days off or schedule vacations. If you didn't take all your vacation because of schedule conflicts, you just lost it. Any doctor's appointments or any appointments had to be made at least three weeks in advance and submit requests to be off because we never had a weekly set schedule.
The only bright spots were when personal customers left happy with anything I suggested for them.
Pros
401k, health insurance
Cons
no breaks, no set schedule, no life outside of work.
The environment was friendly and courteous.
Sales Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 13, 2012
Most people and departments worked well with Customer Service giving us the support we needed to get the job done. Most employees were team players and worked closely and efficiently with myself and Customer Service. A typical day was ensuring that our end customer was satisfied with their receipt of their orders. That their orders were shipped within the timeframe needed. I was also support to some of the sales team with regards to their watch line samples, making sure that they received new product in a timely manner and their requests for updates were received efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes the timeframes we were working in. Sometimes product was delievered late and we had to shipp it as soon as we received it, but with the teams in place and their willingness to be a teamplayer, we accompolished sometimes the hardest goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new product and getting it ready and out the door so our customers could begin to sell it. The people also made working for Gucci an enjoyable experience.
Pros
bonus; watch sales; summer hours
Cons
watch sales they could be very tedious
Productive, and fast
Womens and Men's World Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of product arriving, getting it ready to put on the floor, and selling it. Since I was in charge of women's and mens apparel and shoes, I would have to place orders for product that was selling out quickly which was about once a week.There was a fast paced walk-in clientele so one would have to be on their toes at all times. I learned how to take initiative in helping staff members with store operations, and multi-task with my sales goals. My co workers were helpful, and dependable. I always had fun during the busy, stressful times and could always depend on them for a laugh. The hardest part of my job was having to be there from open to close up to two weeks in a row during the holiday season. I enjoyed the rewarding commission checks, and the closeness to my co workers but it was difficult at times, though any job can be so I always had my best foot forward. the most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the wonderful clients I built relationships with. I made friends with some of these people, and still have close relationships with some.
Pros
christmas dinners, and the friendly clientele
Cons
long hours, and late nights
Caring and fun environment, always fun to interact with supervisor and insure we had a good time at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 9, 2013
I always arrived at Gucci during Black Fridays, so it was fast paste and busy all the time. But great thing about Gucci was i learn fast about know what to do on my arrival. Other co-workers in Gucci help me find which areas in sales floor had items in the display case, and what area in the back of the store had the bags/clothing and shoes. It was a lot of fun work with the older co-workers. And my supervisor insure i had my break. I wouldn't say i had a any hard time at work, sometimes was hard to deal with multiple customers, but it wasn't a hard task to do. I couldn't work with the register but insure the more experience people on the register had the customers items. Also was easy to learn about the items and discounts and sales they had on store, so i always had customers answers ready. I really like the interaction with people i work with and people i talk to during my work in Gucci. I learn a lot about people value on certain items and quality the seek.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal hire
Stressful, lack of management support. Terrible culture
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 6, 2014
Typical days from my previous position started with long commute. Listening to voice messages from customers of complaints of how terrible they were treated with service from various stores throughout the states and how poorly manufacture product has fallen apart and how they need issue to be resolved. Dealing with immature staff members who gossip with immature manager. Checking emails from store management of issue. Ordering parts from Italy etc. Management was horrible, its was very personable. Certain staff members knew Management outside of work and gave favors. Managements verbally treated staff terribly. Difficult part of the job is not being trained fully to perform my job. Enjoyable part is when everyone is in goods moods to enjoy each other.
Pros
great retirement package and clothing discount.
Cons
health care, horrible management
Competitive but wonderful enviornment to work in.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 6, 2013
Begin the day by opening cash registers, assigned sales staff to properly display items in its encased container. Set goals for each staff member for that particular day. Handle customer issues and ensure that selling staff were properly uniformed according to company dress code. Hardest part at times was dealing with sales staff as to who the client belonged to. which of course, was handled diplomatically and professionally once the client was assisted and left the store. Most enjoyable part of the job was inviting clients to trunk shows, calling clients when new products arrived. Most importantly, building customer loyalty which ultimately would bring referrals and overall achieve a loyal client base.
Pros
company incentives, discounts, great work enviornment
Cons
at times, not enough product to fulfill consumer demand
Very harmonious and friendly work enviornment
Office Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 13, 2012
- Signed for and received all company packages from USPS, FedEx and UPS.
- Hand sorted and delivered parcel to allotted departments throughout company’s corporate building.
-Handling and registered incoming and outgoing packages with the Neopost tracking systems.
-Exporting parcel implementing the FedEx power shipping counsel.
-Recording and documenting all shipments made to and from mail office, and filing them according to date and place of delivery.
-Discarding company documents via shredding to secure safety of confidential paperwork.
-Handled valuables such as company sample products and store developmental products.
-Hand packaged a nationwide shipment of approximately 100 boxes, of training materials and company guides.
- Worked as administrative support to the retail training coordinator.
Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost, and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods. Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associa
Temporary stockroom associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 5, 2012
1. At work from 9:00 am to 8:00pm and an average of 35 hours a week.

2. I learned the history of the company and how other companies are related.

3. The management was great and enjoyed the stories they gave about the company.

4. The co - workers were fun to work with and seem to know a lot about the company.

5. The hardest part of the job was leaving. It was only a temporary position and I didn't want to leave.

6. The most enjoyable part, I was very happy here and felt like a belonging.
Pros
30% discount off of selected items, and meeting various people.
Cons
temporary position, and you work a lot if you are full time.
High End Fashion
Department Manager-Accessories (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2013
A typical day at work was overseeing sales associates to assist in achieving daily goals. I learned that whatever the dollar amount is that its still the world of retail. Filled with challenges. Including theft.

Management team was always supportive of one another. My co-workers were the the most dedicated that I have ever worked with. With the ultimate goal being making the sale.

The hardest part was managing pilferage control.

The most enjoyable part was working privately with celebrities.
Pros
managing a ny sales team
fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  St.ThomasJanuary 21, 2013
I made sure that both stores were stocked for that day or week. We sold a lot of shoes so had to make sure that those were stocked right by size and color. I did inventory every 6 weeks and also checked shipments in through customs. I works mostly by myself. the hardest part of my job is the space i worked it was not very big. The most enjoyable thing about my job was that i got to see what was going on the floor before anyone else. Loved my boss. He was a great guy!
Pros
great boss and work place
Cons
had to leave.
GUCCI
Stock/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 14, 2014
To be quite honest GUCCI was an amazing experience. Great people, great pay, great environment overall not too much negative to say. A typical day would be just providing amazing customer service, getting new styles out to the floor, and just making the store looks presentable. Management was fair but fun, my co-workers were pretty easy to work with although the hardest part of he job sometimes was the fact that we were so competitive. That most enjoyable part was just being able to work for GUCCI!
Exciting. Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Working at Gucci was great! I love fashion. It's life art to me so working with high end apparel was part of my passion. I truly enjoyed the fashion and sales end of this job. I have learned so much on how to develop a brand. I started as temporary Christmas help and my manager hired me to work on a permanent basis.

My typical day was maintaining the appearance of the floor, communicating to high profile clients and to develop a business relationship with the clients.
Pros
employee discounts
Its a good company to learn but Management can be better
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 21, 2014
Great learning experience, unfortunately not much room for growth. Managements expectations are very high for new hires with limited training on the role. Management needs to improve there work life balance as it coincides with the associates life. I love the people here but managers can be very up tight. High turnover rate from hiring staff to letting go of staff.
Pros
friendly, ok environment, great learning experience
Cons
management can improve.
great experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoyed meeting new people that walked thru the door everyday and of course my returning clients. Had great relationship with clients. Worked well with other sales associates, team work was a plus which enabled us to meet our sales requirements. Management was consistent, and supportive at all times. The best part of the day is when you close a sale which means more money for and the company.
Pros
vacation time, schedule
Cons
not having merchandise on time for clients
Productive work place with a great sales team.
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  HoustonOctober 12, 2014
There's always something to learn and grow from. Teaches you to work with different personality and market to customer efficiently. My coworkers are the absolute best, which is only a reflection of management. They all work so well together and have great communication with each other. We all work to help each other, of course we make our sales individually. But not once is there an instance of greedy and malicious intent.
Loved working with this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUDecember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working with Gucci and especially being able to keep up with the lastest fashion trends. It being a high end boutique Ive learned how to deal with the specific types of customers. Thankful for my awesome customer service skills I actually got hired by the GM just by helping her find a Christmas party dress with a previous employer.
Pros
keeping up with the lastest high end fashion trend.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Every Great Work Environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I would come in and be greeted with warm welcomes and hellos from everyone. I would be prepped for the day. My manager would give me a key and place me in a station to welcome customers and help them with whatever they needed. My co-workers are ever helpful and nice. the hardest part is having busy days and everyone helping the same customer. Just being at the job is very enjoyable.
Easy, Good culture, a little too much for RETAIL.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 24, 2014
It's retail. So don't ask your employees to dust off the world a little too high strung.

However, fair commissions, great people, good product, and honestly, I had some hard but very good managers who took care of the team, something I respected.

Not very challenging unfortunately.
Pros
great discount, hard working people, very client driven.
Cons
excessive, it's retail not the best career path...

4.2