Guckenheimer Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work with life/work balance!
Pantry/Grill/Pizza Chef. (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Life/work balance
Cons: Hard to advance due to HR.
Awesome place to work with life/work balance, salary is not really according to your skills and improvements but is better than other same culture companies.
Its hard to advance, because if they have no one to keep your current position, they rather to hire some one to fill the position you try to advance to. and ironically in some cases you end up training that person too.
The management is good and they do what they can with resources they have. you have to be careful not to take things personal or you end up misinterpreting your and their roles.
Productive work place and family environment
Dinner shift lead (Former Employee), New albany, OhioJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free dinner
This was my first job as a teenager, it was a great learning experience. It taught me self employment as we were expected to have dinner ready for the crew in the warehouse by the time they were to go on dinner.
I arrived at work and prepared stations, to the best of my ability. As I become aware of all stations I was rapidly promoted to the dinner shift lead. This left it free for the general manager – more... to leave and not have to stay and I ensured cleanness, customer service and closing duties of the café.
The hardest part was being so young, 16, that I had to enforce rules on people three times my age. However, it was the first, and was a great learning experience. They were all very supportive.
However, at the time, with the economy the warehouse laid off the late night shift leaving the café closed. I was offered a position for the day time. However, still in high school, I had to find another job. – less
Inconsistency
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee), ConnecticutJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Discount lunch
Cons: Healthcare like anywhere else
Great company very bad managers, the CEO should review his managers especially area mgr for partiality, inconsistency and proffessionalisim in all aspect of the company
Good Company to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The ensure that their employees are well take of. The provide good health coverage, good pay and a retirement plan.
Okay Company
Specialized Cook (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2015
Okay Company to currently work at but it is a new company which there is still some issue problems. The management is okay but needs training.
Loved working there but was treated unfairly in the end
Barista, Cashier, Chef Assist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch is free, have a set schedule, long breaks if work is complete
Cons: favoritism's expressed, some wont care if they make you feel uncomfortable
I really enjoyed doing my job but I hated working with self centered individuals.The man who hired me could care less about my feelings about the job and when I ended up pregnant found a loop hole to terminating me for other reasons. Such as having my cell phone visible while on the clock when that was something everyone did and I was still on break. I just left because I knew the real reason for termination but I didn't have the funds to plead my case and take them to court. So if you wanna work for this company DO NOT end up pregnant!! you will be out of a job just as fast as you got one.!!!
West Los Angeles, Ca
n/a (Former Employee), n/aMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and ample space environment. Awesome large walk-ins
Cons: Non challenged chefs that are nothing but a threat to themselves.
It's a perfect, great, big and brand new kitchen to work in. . That's about it. I was a contract employee that noticed and observed how the sous chef/s tend to act with employees that work under them. I will not name any names, but he somehow thinks that the high horse he is riding will not fail him. Due to his semantics in the kitchen, I not only believe that his employees will turn on him more – more... now then ever. He is a negative for that environment, and does not offer anything new for employees. He is mundane and probably thinks it is still the 80's. Get over yourself dude! You ain't s*** . I will dance around you in a real restaurant kitchen. No doubt. For that reason alone, you ended up working for a corporation that you sold out to and couldn't live up to a real challenge of what a real life cook/chef lives and thrives for. – less
In charge of salad bar, breakfast, lunch and dessert as well as cashier.
Salad bar, deli, catering, cashier helper (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Prepared, cook, table settings and customer service.

Learned direct attention to customers.

Management was in charge of catering which I prepared for their clients.

Every one was in charge of their stations and we try to keep each station well stock and whenever needed we could assist others stations as well. A very well trained team.

The environment was like a family. We got along with each like family members.
A good company to work for.
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee), Hillsboro ORApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Free lunches when lunch breaks are available
My coworkers are a great bunch of people. There's always something going on as far as events and customers to meet. My job is very fast paced and detail oriented.
Frontline Employees Great , Management Poor
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Monday-Friday schedule
Cons: Management, Benefits
Typical day was arrive around 4 am , check in all food deliveries, setup all stations and get cooks setup for daily operations. Ensure quality and sanitation throughout production and ensure service was setup on time for breakfast and lunch service. Make daily menus , recipes food orders . I learned what not to do on any level in a foodservice environment or management. I have done management in multiple – more... settings the management here was laughable. It was like a manager turf war everyday, I just stood back and watched them collaborate on projects ( all of which failed) on a weekly basis. My direct reports were great except for a few normal run of the mill issues like not showing up to work on time or multiple call outs. Hardest part of my job was watching 3 plus managers walk around and give different tasks to the same employees and threaten their jobs for the slightest errors. There was literally no training, except I was shown an order guide on where to order food from. Management had no communication skills and when they did communicate it was not transparent. The management team also would divulge personal information to the front line employees like terminations and write-ups. Not all of them but some of them. The most enjoyable part was working with some great cooks and working Monday- Friday. Started looking and found a new job almost as soon as I started working at this company. – less
enjoyed working
Grill Chef (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor upper management
loved what I did there, worked with my chef manager, had a lot of work to do that kept us busy all day...fun place to work good healthcare, fun,coworkers
N/A
Catering Manager (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 1, 2015
Responsible for all catering functions. Receiving catering orders and coordinate service with individual customers; working with the customer for planning of the event, ensuring accurate cost effective pricing Ensure preparation, delivery, display of hot and cold catering are completed.

Maintain budget in all financial areas – food, labor, operating costs. Maintaining accurate financial records. Forecast, – more... plan, purchase, and receive for operating needs and supplies. Complete an accurate inventory each financial cycle.
Menu Planning in a creative manner utilizing your culinary skill and experience in developing menus and utilizing the utmost in sustainable and organic products. Maintaining accurate food production records.

Ensure all food Preparation and cooking is of high quality tasty well presented foods for each event’s menu utilizing HACCP guidelines and procedures. Also including breakdown and cleanup of area, maintaining a sanitary/clean environment. – less
Great work / life balance for a chef
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee), Bay Area, CaJanuary 23, 2015
A great company to work for. Monday to Friday, 6-4 hours are obviously the biggest perk for kitchen staff. Management has always been supportive. In general, all my staff over the years have been hard working and a pleasure to work with. Just a good place to work overall.
hours were good
Cashier (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WANovember 14, 2014
routine tasks with some personal creativity. those that were served were great. co- workers were ok, management was non-existent. it was a do your job and you may not get reemed type of environment.
Value Employees
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Good company to work for.
Upper management was good to work with.
Long days.
Pro and Cons about working here
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2014
Pros good benefits job advancement is depending on what you know. Cons they tend to treat you like you haven't been there working for them more then 10 years and give you a late-off letter
good money...
Food Preparation Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: they movie out of town
one of the best jobs I had working there was fun and a great and well plan out...
small crew and everyone work together
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 10 minutes break and very small crew
Set up the front of the house so that everyone is ready to work.
Intense, High Volume, Never the same day... Loved it!!!
Regional Executive Relief Chef (Midwest) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: the hours was always a plus, freedom to create food from scratch
Cons: my health insurace coverage was really expensive and plans changed often.
It was Great to work for a High Octane company with serious demand and have the freedom to create and cook from the heart.
Impulse decision making an everyday high which drove me to be a better Chef, Manager and employee. Able to lead teams of staff through all sorts of various kitchens large and small cooking the best food from scratch everyday and succeeding under prestigious pressure from the client, employer and self dignity. I loved Working for Guckenheimer....
Fast Paced Restaurant
Pantry Chef (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, set schedule mon-fri
Cons: low pay for some workers.
I prepare food for the Deli Station. I've learned ways to cook food from scratch instead of cooking from a bag of food or Box. Management is ok. there are good co workers easy to get along with. the hardest part of the job is sometimes we have work added on last minute if there is a catering last minute. I enjoy working for a good company with great benefits.