Guckenheimer Employee Reviews

Really great job
Waitstaff/Host/Prep (Former Employee) –  Laguna Woods, CAMay 29, 2017
This is by far the best company to work with. Great communication,great associates. Everyone in the company is very understanding and like family. A easy job to work at and excellent and fun place. The best thing i enjoyed about this job was working with the elderly.
Pros
free lunches great bonus
Corporate Dinning corporation
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2017
Typical work environment was Monday through Friday with occasional night and weekends. You are in charge of your units labor, maintenance, food cost and sales.
Pros
Free lunch, dependable hours, m-f job
Cons
poor management
One of the best jobs I'vehad
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2017
I worked as a marketing manager and my time there was more so enjoyed bc of the account I was working on and the staff I worked with. I never dreaded going tow ork.
Pros
great coworkers, good pay
Cons
management was a bit unorganized
Great place to work if you have little experience
Foodservice Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 7, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you are just starting out. They have an amazing management training program and you get well trained so when you have your job you know what you are doing. Option to work all over the bay area. The benefits are great. If you want to work in foodservice and only work Monday through Friday this is the company to work for because they do corporate foodservice.
Benefits
Cons
might get moved around from unit to unit
Barista (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2017
Great place to work, fun people, may be on your feet a lot but the time goes quickly. great pay. the food is also a plus and so are the drinks. loved working here.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2017
I learned great customer service skills
great insurance
fair
I loved cooking
interaction with the public is my favorite thing to do
holidays off
opportunity for training
Pros
free lunches, great health insurance
Cons
short breaks, short staff not enough time to prep
Needs some getting used to
Porter/Server (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2017
Working as an hourly employee isn't the most glamorous, but the benefits are worth it. The hourly jobs here are really only as place holders if you are seeking something more, especially if you do not feel challenged or have a degree. The benefit of working in this company, depending on the location, you receive free lunch and snacks.
Great company to work for
cashier / barista/ front of the house leader (Former Employee) –  1850 Gateway Drive Suite 500April 24, 2017
I have been in hospitals for the last 20 years great with customers great customer service work well with others and would love to work for this company I know how to grow in management been in management for the last 10 years
Great perks
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2017
I worked for the Abercrombie home office when it was new and relevant . The culture was like no other . Enjoyed the people and also enjoyed the great chefs that I got to work with
Pros
Discounts
Cons
productive fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 10, 2017
working for guckenheimer was a nice experience the best past was the scheduled with weekends off it was fast pace stressful at times.met a lot of great people.
Free meals
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 7, 2017
I not only worked in accounting, but it was also a cafeteria within a large company and I got to work in the actual food prep and service as well. I was a lot of fun serving people you know and it was a nice change from working in the office all day.
Pros
free lunches and nice people
Benefits
not enough training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 30, 2017
In Guckenheimer I was kind of thrown into the job without lots of training. I went to many accounts and never got one trainer to teach me the one correct way to do anything.
Great people to work with
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 29, 2017
Guckenheimer is a company focused on quality food and service. Its great to work with passionate people. There's a lot of growth in the company which means that there is often turbulence in the staffing situation, trying to mix experienced people with new recruits. Great job security and if you want to be appreciated for a job well done this is a great place to do it. They want to hear your ideas
Pros
Free lunch
typical day
exhibition chef (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2017
poor management
unfair pay
work place is fair
early shift 4:00 am ending at 2:00 pm
7days a week operation
unfit scheduling
hours worked don't reflect on your check(under paid)
Not a bad company to work for definitely not the best.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2017
I have worked several positions within the company and have found that all positions are very demanding and it is difficult to get everything done within the limited time frame . All in all, there is very little training and there is a lack of communication that compounds issues that occur on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Poor training, Lack of communication, favoritism
Good people and work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Having the ability to enjoy weekends off and still work within the restaurant and hospitality business is a plus. Good place to learn about budgeting, P&L management and many other administrative tasks.
Pros
great hours
Cons
a lot of thankless work
The perfect place for followers, not leaders
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
As the catering supervisor my day would begin at 7am, and end as late as 9pm. That's right, double shifts are an expectation, and you have to negotiate an adequate break. I helped open one of their new properties, and all seemed great during the training period with the regional staff. I received praise from regional leadership and customers alike. I was hired for my education, and experience in the catering field. I honestly felt I was viewed as an asset.

I had high hopes for this place, as they made the opportunity look so shiny and appealing. My views of that place drastically changed once they hired the perminent GM and Executive Chef. Why they were not in place during the opening? I don't know, but they changed the entire atmosphere for the worse.

If you enjoy having no voice, being spoken to like a child, insulted, overworked, lied to about opportunities by regional leadership and flat out disrespected, then Guckenheimer is the place for you! They will lure you in with the Monday through Friday corporate hours, and no weekends scheduling. Its down hill from there. I have been a professional chef since 2010, and this was by far the worst experience I've ever had with any employer. Don't waste your time.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
management, overworked, discrimination
Good company people management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Good company great work ,life ,balance and managing 16 staff members and business dining atmosphere fun work place control ing cost .training and teaching staff members ,
Pros
good company, people good food service.
Cons
great benefits
Terrible Management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2017
Great cooks/chefs, not so great Managers and Corporate staff. The trench workers are over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. I learned that HR doesn't care about the employee just the company. Management varies from unit to unit but some area managers don't belong near a kitchen (care about numbers not about the people). Hardest part of the Job was having no say in the security of my employees even as one of their managers. Most enjoyable part of the job was practicing my craft with other individuals who shared the same passion. Worst part of the job was losing the passion due to being over worked, having no support and losing staff because they were over worked and underpaid. (see the patterns...)
Pros
experience, benefits, hours
Cons
low pay, unpleasant work environment (varies by region/unit)
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Corporate company with many benefits, no nights, weekends or holidays. Offers great customer service and healthy food options. As manager I was able to run this kitchen as if it were my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guckenheimer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9