Guckenheimer Employee Reviews

Distant and detached upper management
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Not a company that drives individual employee growth. Retention and recruiting are not priorities. Ineffective upper management,
no company culture or appreciation for management operators or hourly staff.
Pros
Monday- Friday work week
Great company to work for
Pantry Chef (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2015
Great team work, very fast paced. The most enjoyable about this job is everyone helping each other when needed. The management was awesome and willing to train for other positions.
fun work environment with great food
PREP COOK AND line cook (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 20, 2015
I start by making coffee and making sure we have everything the guest need. I love making food. ringing up guest and making drinksa beter cook. working here have made me. the hardest part of the job is making sure the food is ready on time.
Pros
seeing guest smile
Head Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 7, 2015
everybody has different experiences nothing good or bad to say about this company. Great benefits and 401k daytime hours
fun
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 27, 2015
The employees are positive and work hard. I have met many great people along in my short journey there and have made many friends.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
management
Kitchens are not female friendly
kitchen (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 24, 2015
As a female I was required to "smile" as I worked, but chefs never told males that they must "smile" when they work. Egos for Exec. Chefs is "legend in their own minds".

I would advise any female to stay clear of this company; once you are hired and receive your company hiring packet is when you find out that you are property; that the company will decide when and where you work, even if you applied for a specific site. You will be forced out of the company and never receive unemployment.

I took a cut in pay to work for a bunch of misogynist.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management; they won't even care about this post.
Love the music system and the T.V.'s in the cafeteria
Sous Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 3, 2015
Had a great time assisting the sous chef with prepping meals during winter holiday I learned how to make fresh pizza dough and designed some of the best pizzas and stromboli's ;) ..I enjoyed creating varieties of spa water ,muffins ,and helping assist in giving out breakfast ,lunch and dinner to the associates ..We all worked as a team , like a family ..Also helped with Food is my passion and I enjoy how they try so hard to give the best quality foods to their clients..waiting to get rehired to work my magic again ..Guckenheimer You Rock!!!! :)
Pros
free lunches, great food, up to standard cooking appliances..work is a breeze with these .. ;)
Cons
Just trying hard to get back in from working as a temp the first time around
Awesome place to work with life/work balance!
Pantry/Grill/Pizza Chef. (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 18, 2015
Awesome place to work with life/work balance, salary is not really according to your skills and improvements but is better than other same culture companies.
Its hard to advance, because if they have no one to keep your current position, they rather to hire some one to fill the position you try to advance to. and ironically in some cases you end up training that person too.
The management is good and they do what they can with resources they have. you have to be careful not to take things personal or you end up misinterpreting your and their roles.
Pros
Life/work balance
Cons
Hard to advance due to HR.
Productive work place and family environment
Dinner shift lead (Former Employee) –  New albany, OhioJuly 21, 2015
This was my first job as a teenager, it was a great learning experience. It taught me self employment as we were expected to have dinner ready for the crew in the warehouse by the time they were to go on dinner.
I arrived at work and prepared stations, to the best of my ability. As I become aware of all stations I was rapidly promoted to the dinner shift lead. This left it free for the general manager to leave and not have to stay and I ensured cleanness, customer service and closing duties of the café.
The hardest part was being so young, 16, that I had to enforce rules on people three times my age. However, it was the first, and was a great learning experience. They were all very supportive.
However, at the time, with the economy the warehouse laid off the late night shift leaving the café closed. I was offered a position for the day time. However, still in high school, I had to find another job.
Pros
Free dinner
Inconsistency
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 20, 2015
Great company very bad managers, the CEO should review his managers especially area mgr for partiality, inconsistency and proffessionalisim in all aspect of the company
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Healthcare like anywhere else
Good Company to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The ensure that their employees are well take of. The provide good health coverage, good pay and a retirement plan.
Okay Company
Specialized Cook (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2015
Okay Company to currently work at but it is a new company which there is still some issue problems. The management is okay but needs training.
Loved working there but was treated unfairly in the end
Barista, Cashier, Chef Assist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed doing my job but I hated working with self centered individuals.The man who hired me could care less about my feelings about the job and when I ended up pregnant found a loop hole to terminating me for other reasons. Such as having my cell phone visible while on the clock when that was something everyone did and I was still on break. I just left because I knew the real reason for termination but I didn't have the funds to plead my case and take them to court. So if you wanna work for this company DO NOT end up pregnant!! you will be out of a job just as fast as you got one.!!!
Pros
Lunch is free, have a set schedule, long breaks if work is complete
Cons
favoritism's expressed, some wont care if they make you feel uncomfortable
In charge of salad bar, breakfast, lunch and dessert as well as cashier.
Salad bar, deli, catering, cashier helper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 16, 2015
Prepared, cook, table settings and customer service.

Learned direct attention to customers.

Management was in charge of catering which I prepared for their clients.

Every one was in charge of their stations and we try to keep each station well stock and whenever needed we could assist others stations as well. A very well trained team.

The environment was like a family. We got along with each like family members.
Pros
Free lunch
A good company to work for.
Data Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro ORApril 23, 2015
My coworkers are a great bunch of people. There's always something going on as far as events and customers to meet. My job is very fast paced and detail oriented.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Free lunches when lunch breaks are available
Frontline Employees Great , Management Poor
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Typical day was arrive around 4 am , check in all food deliveries, setup all stations and get cooks setup for daily operations. Ensure quality and sanitation throughout production and ensure service was setup on time for breakfast and lunch service. Make daily menus , recipes food orders . I learned what not to do on any level in a foodservice environment or management. I have done management in multiple settings the management here was laughable. It was like a manager turf war everyday, I just stood back and watched them collaborate on projects ( all of which failed) on a weekly basis. My direct reports were great except for a few normal run of the mill issues like not showing up to work on time or multiple call outs. Hardest part of my job was watching 3 plus managers walk around and give different tasks to the same employees and threaten their jobs for the slightest errors. There was literally no training, except I was shown an order guide on where to order food from. Management had no communication skills and when they did communicate it was not transparent. The management team also would divulge personal information to the front line employees like terminations and write-ups. Not all of them but some of them. The most enjoyable part was working with some great cooks and working Monday- Friday. Started looking and found a new job almost as soon as I started working at this company.
Pros
Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
Management, Benefits
enjoyed working
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 16, 2015
loved what I did there, worked with my chef manager, had a lot of work to do that kept us busy all day...fun place to work good healthcare, fun,coworkers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor upper management
N/A
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 1, 2015
Responsible for all catering functions. Receiving catering orders and coordinate service with individual customers; working with the customer for planning of the event, ensuring accurate cost effective pricing Ensure preparation, delivery, display of hot and cold catering are completed.

Maintain budget in all financial areas – food, labor, operating costs. Maintaining accurate financial records. Forecast, plan, purchase, and receive for operating needs and supplies. Complete an accurate inventory each financial cycle.
Menu Planning in a creative manner utilizing your culinary skill and experience in developing menus and utilizing the utmost in sustainable and organic products. Maintaining accurate food production records.

Ensure all food Preparation and cooking is of high quality tasty well presented foods for each event’s menu utilizing HACCP guidelines and procedures. Also including breakdown and cleanup of area, maintaining a sanitary/clean environment.
Great work / life balance for a chef
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CaJanuary 23, 2015
A great company to work for. Monday to Friday, 6-4 hours are obviously the biggest perk for kitchen staff. Management has always been supportive. In general, all my staff over the years have been hard working and a pleasure to work with. Just a good place to work overall.
hours were good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WANovember 14, 2014
routine tasks with some personal creativity. those that were served were great. co- workers were ok, management was non-existent. it was a do your job and you may not get reemed type of environment.