Guess? Inc Employee Reviews

Art filled campus was the only positive aspect of Guess inc.
Textile R&D Associate (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 17, 2015
Guess Inc. is an unfulfilling place to work for individuals who appreciate creativity and idea collaboration environment. The owner runs the company in a very fear driven manner. There is not much excitement to daily job duties. No sense of reward for individuals work produced.
Pros
Contemporary art filled campuss
Cons
Fear driven work environment
Extremely competitive, great benefits but can get frustrating at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work is just like any other retail store, you do have to be extremely competitive in order to reach your sales quotas which can get frustrating.
Productive and supportive enviroment.
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was developing and motivating a team of diverse buisness partners striding for the same goal. My boss gave me the autonomy to perform at a high level. He trusted my judgment and ability to make sound decisions to improve the department and company standards.

The travel was balanced allowing me quality time to spend with my family.

A typical work week would include two days of ofiice/administration time which including a number of calls and virtual meetings. The work week in the stores typically went from Wed-Fri.
Pros
Autonamy, compensation, & surrounded by receptive & hard working business partners
Cons
Zero Advancement opportunities, limited development potential
Low morale and lack of professionalism
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work is to be on the sales floor, managing the staff and ensuring exceptional customer service experience. We are understaffed and the entire store, including management are disgruntled with their work life.
I learned that this company does not care about their staff, their well being or the morale of the store. Associates and management are treated poorly. There is no work/life balance because people are forced to work crazy hours with only one break and even that break is frowned upon.
The management at this company, to say the least, is poor. Associates are reprimanded when calling out due to a scheduling infraction made by the scheduling manager. The managers lack compassion and concern for the workplace and the associates health and welfare.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with a management team that is not a team. Everyone is out for themselves and no one wants to work together. It is difficult when you are trying to bring a change and create a team effort and no one is willing to work with you.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers and their happiness when they leave the store after purchasing a great outfit.
Good company, needs more appraisals when needed.
Sales Associate/ Visual Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2014
I've been working for this company for approximately four years. I have gained experience at three different Guess? Inc. stores. Guess Accessories, Guess Factory, and Guess Retail. I have great customer service skills being that Guess Factory is a high volume store and we would see about 200 people an hour and a regular weekend day. I transferred to Guess retail to visual assistant position with no raise. I yet have to be promoted or given a raise. I've been open about moving up in the company but yet, four years later, i'm still waiting for that to happen. Now I am looking for a full-time or part-time assistant management position.
Fast paced/people oriented work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2014
My work day consisted of assisting customers in choosing items of clothing to wear, persuading them to buy merchandise, and operating the cash register. I learned how to handle different pressured situations and different personalities. Management was of a younger age than average, and my co-workers were relateable in that they were close to my age. The hardest part of the job was persuading customers to buy more than they intended. The most enjoyabole part of the job was interacting with different types of people.
Amazing
Accessory Lead / Accessory Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 22, 2014
I truly enjoyed this job. Learned so much and loved the management team.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2014
restocking, folding clothes, offering service, work under loads of pressure. communicate in the best way possible, very persuasive.
Pros
communicating
Cons
short breaks, lack hours
Fun, fashionable retail position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 12, 2014
As a floor sales associate I was in charge of floor displays and helping customers. My favorite part was definitely floor displays, making the store look appealing was a lot of fun.
absolutely horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJanuary 15, 2014
i hated working here... they work you really hard and don't pay you nearly enough
Pros
the people that worked there
Cons
everything else
Associate Planner Men's Apparel (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2013
Great place to work.
Great benefits
Great culture
smart people
great cafe
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MiamiNovember 18, 2013
On a usual work day, right after I've clocked in, i am given a "5 minute meeting". The "5 minute meeting" is to inform the employee of all store promotions, and latest trends. This is also when supervisors tell us who will be working in each part of the sales floor. I learned about different fashion trends, and how to sell add-ons. The management was very helpful when it came to teaching us how to interact with people and how to persuade them into buying. I never seemed to find anything difficult about my job. The most enjoyable part was making my costumers happy.
Pros
incentives
Cons
healthcare
Fun atmosphere
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 27, 2013
This company allows you to use your own ideas and strategies.
Pros
great discount
Cons
unorganized
its retail
Co-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 30, 2013
its retail. hours suck, pay isnt great, health benefits are actually decent if youre fulltime. people suck
Typical retail store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 2, 2013
I would really like not to provide a summary for the company i work for. However, it's a typical job in retail. It pays minimum wage and has no benefits for part time associates. Only managers work full time. The associates are pretty easy to get along with.
Hard work and lots of dedication
Assistant Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2013
Guess is filled with hundreds of extremely talented individuals that truly make working at this company worth while. The turnover rate is not as high as most fast fashion companies in the area. A benefit of this is that there are quite a few people who have been with the company for fifteen plus years and hold a wealth of knowledge. Being able to work under them provides great learning opportunities. In general the company policies are more strict than most. You're expected to be on time each morning and you must complete a full 9 hour workday. However, if you respect the companies policies and prove your hard work and dedication there are good people at the company that will take note and show as much appreciation as possible.
Not recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 5, 2013
Can be fun to work there, but it is pressure sales without the commissions.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
pressure without compensation
Fun getting cheap clothes
Bilingual IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2013
40% discount on clothes was nice. The schedule for tech support was the best: Four 10-hour days, Three days off.
Pros
cheap clothes, 4 days on - 3 days off
Cons
poor pay
Guess is your life!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 30, 2012
Min. wage
take forever to promote.
holidays, weekends, late nights required
short breaks, very low pay
Pros
discount on clothes 20%
Cons
everything else!
The best company Ever!
District Lead Visual (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLJune 14, 2012
Just amazing people! They really care about their people! I wish I was still there, haven't been with a company that would even compare. I miss it! I was the visual manager and overlooked the Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando market. Was chosen to go to LA corporate office to participate in a floor set. I helped open several stores including the Marciano store in PR, and reopened the PR Guess.