Guess Inc

Guess Inc Employer Reviews

Great fun filled workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando FlDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great team support
Cons: none great times at the workplace
GUESS INC.
Sales Associate ● Cashier
October 2011-July 2012 ● Merchandise Sales
● Stock and maintain inventory of merchandise.
● Greet and assist customers
● Performed other assignments as delegated by Supervisor
Love every moment at this workplace
Great environment
One big family
Co-works had great chemistry
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: prizes and discounts for employees
Working at Guess Inc. was a very positive experience. I was lucky to have motivated co workers and managers. I learned a lot about customer service and sales.

I do not have any complaints and would recommend this company for people looking for an excellent way to make money while attending school.
Good
Stock/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJNovember 13, 2014
Great sales training ,
co worker had a lot of good energy
the hardest part was the lack off hours
Fun place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee), wayne, NJNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: terrible work/life balance
Guess was a fun place to work, room there was a lot of room for advancement if you showed potential. Very Goal, and team oriented Training was excellent. A great first job to get your foot in the door. Some negatives were that upper management showed favoritism, and we were made to buy the clothing and stay "current" which was expensive even with the employee discount.
Fast-paced and great coworkers
Assistant to the District Visual Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: not paid enough
This job was my first job after moving out to Los Angeles. The people that are considered my co-workers are more like family now. The customer base at my location lacked manners and could turn a fabulous day into an annoying one real quickly.
good work environment, loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 16, 2014
good work environment fast paced, good place to work, very customer driven
great develop place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Estero, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: in my city is the only store and really want to growing
opening or closing procedures
coaching develop and training associates
sales to make results
lead by example
building client to increase future business
Normal managers duties
scheduling
Fashion forward company
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Very sales driven environment, promotes competition among team members and very corporate appropriate environment
promotions
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 29, 2014
I was able to grow with the company. There are many opportunities GUESS offers.
Very Welcoming
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: messy customers
The management and personnel were all very friendly and welcoming from the time I started and to the time that I had left. Like in any other clothing store, it was certainly a job monotony, but remained important in that we had to keep a neat, and efficiently accessible store for our customers to shop in.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakland Park, FLAugust 14, 2014
Friendly staff, Fast-pace, Customer service. Good experience.
Fun people to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 28, 2014
Long long hours, you work until you have nothing left in you. Overall is a good company don't get me wrong, it gives you the opportunity to advance if you are a hard worker individual but your personal life will be severely affected
Productive Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 3, 2014
This company makes you reach your personal goal for the week, month and year. It can be a fun workplace depending on which location you work at. If you make your goal, you are rewarded. Overall the company is okay.
Awful STAY AWAY
Drone (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 20, 2014
Pros: air conditioning?
Cons: low pay, lies, bad management, horrible hr department
If you like pathetic hourly rates, no raises, and new rules everyday then this is the place for you!
Honestly, do yourself a favor and find something else. Guess is where dreams and goals go to die.
YOU CAN DO BETTER!!
Every year the benefits get more expensive but, the pay stays the same. I have only received $1.00 in raises in over 6 years!
Some people have been there 13 years plus and only make $14/hour.
COMPANY IS A JOKE!
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: no concistent schedule
This job encourages advancement and gives great incentives and rewards
Fun working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: 40% off merchandise
Cons: no healthcare
Great starter job that is flexible especially for a college student. A typical day at work is a fast paced environment, with co-workers who are energetic and all for enjoying work. I learned how each person contributes to the overall success of a company, in terms of SPH ( Sales Per Hour) and UPT (Sales Per Transaction) so everyone's effort is important. The management team are considerate and very sales focused. The hardest part of the job is when there is low volume of customers in the store. The most enjoyable part is the atmosphere with co-workers and managers, how well we can work together with the upbeat music in the background (not to mention the 40% employee discount).
bad experience.
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAApril 3, 2014
Everything started out well and I would like to say that Guess as a company is great but I had a poor management team.
About the job
Sale associate and stock (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Typical day at work would include meeting and greeting 500+ customers a day. You must be able to multitask working with customers, working on the register, preventing theft and maintaining the store. Co-workers were great easy to work with helpful and friendly. Management my first 2 years were wonderful the new management towards my resignation were horrible they treated people unfairly and managed hours poorly. Hardest part of the job would be keeping the store maintained from the afternoon until the night when the store is closed but it is manageable as long as everyone stays on task. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people u meet and how you assimilate yourself while working to keep these customers happy and fulfill their wants and needs
Great if you're self-motivated with an interest and passion for the Guess? brand, but definitely not for everyone.”
Co-Manager (Former Employee), lansingFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: there are various opportunities to grow with the company
Cons: salaries senior management employees may be low compared to economic standards in some cities
Although the store has individual sales goals for employees, the pay is NOT commission-based. So your base pay will stay the same regardless of meeting your goal for the day.
Guess???
Visual Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: they made you feel like family.
Great company to work for. It was my first retail job. They made you feel like family, the employee discounts were awesome. I was involved in the opening of 2 new stores. They made you feel valuable which was a good feeling considering that retail had a high turn over. They made you want to stay.

1 2 3