Guess Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJAugust 23, 2016
Management team is helpful and very motivational. Great ability to grow and move up in the company. Co-workers are friendly and work well as a sales team.
no advancement
Visual manager/assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2016
I loved some of my upper management but there was such a disconnect between stores and corporate. They were working hard on fixing it, but I did not see much improvement in my time there.
pretty average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXAugust 20, 2016
* it's a typical sales job
* the work environment had a good balance of fun and work
* folding clothes was easy because they had the boards
* co workers were friendly
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Representative/ Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2016
Excellent company to work for, they really take the time to invest in there employees. Great training programs were put in place to maximize sales and operation excellence.
Excellent place to work
Qualified Professional/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Guess Community Services. It is a great work environment with quality people. I learned a lot about dealing with others with mental health issues and learned even more about myself while employed here. The most rewarding thing was knowing that you were making a difference in your community by helping others.
energetic and fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 12, 2016
I learned to engage with customers and attempt to make daily sale goals. The part of my job that I enjoyed was satisfying a customer with a certain piece of clothing.
very fun, energetic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 5, 2016
Got along well with all coworkers. Mutitasked daily to provide excellent customer service. Learned how to ask open ended questions. Became a very good people person.
Pros
many coworkers to help, good managers, treated everyone equally
Cons
not paid well for services, didnt like where i had to park, felt unsafe afterwork hours
Fun
Fashion Assistant / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 3, 2016
The managers were really easy to work with!
They went through each task that you would do one by one during training. They always tried to pair me with the more experienced employees to help me learn how to sell. I've never had any problem at work.
All my co-workers are really easy to get along with and really outgoing. I have a blast every time I go to work.
The hardest part about the job has to be the days during the week when its completely dead.... It's tougher because time goes by slower and you can only refold and sensor check the clothes so many times... Once E-com and shippments have been sorted and put out, it's just you trying to entertain yourself on the floor with small tasks. When it's busy time goes by in a flash, since you always have things to do.
Pros
50% off first purchase as an employee/ 40% the rest of the time
Cons
Standing and walking the whole time (DO NOT wear heels- Big mistake!)
Always doing layoffs
Production Coordinator Men's Denim (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2016
Job security isn't the best. I've seen them fire employees that had been there for 10+ years and replace them with temps. Once a month they do layoffs and anyone can be on the list.
Pros
weight watchers, 40% discount at stores
Cons
layoffs
Most favorite job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJuly 26, 2016
I loved going to work everyday and I loved the people that I would work with. It was a great experience and if I had the chance I would go back there in a heart beat. The only thing is, is that I need a full time steady job.
Productive in the mist of madness
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2016
This is where I got my start at visual merchandising. Working here was more task filled. Customer service was a big deal but ultimately there was way more to do than there wasn't. The staff here was rather large so it did have its fun times dealing with a lot of people. But as we all know dealing with different people comes with different attitudes. Shifts went by pretty quick due to the amount of work there was to do . The clothes basically sell itself so its all about outfitting and adding on.
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJuly 24, 2016
Daily routines consisted of maintaining your designated section by keeping merchandise arranged neatly and in an orderly fashion and making sales. Between taking initiative on making sales and keeping your designated section clean and in order managing one's time constructively was a practice I learned. The supervisors where friendly and authoritative and kept the store operating efficiently. Co-workers were fun to work with because they were helpful and hard working. The hardest part of the job was clocking in on the computer system. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales.
Pros
face to face interactions with customers
Cons
the monotonous regimens never became a challenge
So much fun
Sales Associate/ Sales Gen. Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2016
It was my first job and although I worked outside I loved it. Its a tough job but I loved working with people. You sell purses and you can play with the prices to try and make a sell and you have to upsell your products.
Guess management
Sales Associate/Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is usually going in at 2 pm to leave around 7 or 8 pm. This is a very annoying schedule because it is in the middle of the day and very few hours to really compensate for losing a full day to those hours. I have learned a great deal at this job, with customer service, time management, strong work ethic, multi-tasking, etc. The management we currently have is the best, we are a very close group. The same with the co-workers every one is really nice and everyone helps each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job is completing 60+ boxes with in 4 hours usually alone because we do not get enough hours to have 2 people working for shipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers, they are a great group of people and it makes work fun.
Pros
40% off on clothing
Cons
no breaks, few hours in the middle of the day
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
I'm am over going I'm am an over achiever and go above and beyond to make my customer happy. I like to change myself to conquer my goals for the day or for any period in time. A typical day at work consists of selling my product and having a set goal of money and merchandise to sell. Welcoming customers in and telling them thank you for shopping when leaving. The co workers there are really enjoyable but the hardest part of the job is knowing if your sale is really given to you when you cannot ring your customer out. The most enjoyable part of it is knowing you have satisfied your customer on what he or she wants.
Pros
Given associates incentive money
Cons
management was not good on communication and assistance
Consistent management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJuly 20, 2016
Management was good. Schedule was flexible and coworkers generally didn't abandon ship. Pay was bearable. The work wasn't too hard. The coworkers and managers were nice.
Energetic and productive
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
I have learned a lot from my manager, she is the most understanding and caring person. I have learned a lot about the retail world, and its easy when I have coworkers like the ones that I work with. They make it enjoyable no matter how busy we get, because we are always working as a team. The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to help out my customers and seeing them happy. Another enjoyable part of my job is hearing their feedback about how they love our customer service.
Typical retail store
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
High turnover, and management was not good. Most enjoyable part is the visual merchandising and customers. Loved the discount.
difficult management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 15, 2016
i was seasonal and the staff were catty and unfriendly. mandatory heels must be worn and was straining on the body. i learned about retail and was able to make use of the opportunity.
Pros
50% off clothes, good learning experience
Cons
mean girls, management was careless
Fun, professional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI 02903July 15, 2016
I enjoyed working there the job environment was always cheerful. I liked my managers they trained me well and dealt with conflicts swiftly and professionally