Guess Employee Reviews

productive, fun, motivated, hard working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2016
I learned how to engage with customers and a team player. I expanded my customer service skills, and learned more about promoting a company products.
hard work and and free time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 6, 2016
In relation to working at guess,a typical work day would consist of morning meetings, about accomplishing sale goals for the day, after the morning meeting, we would then focus on the customers and try to sale the merchandise. once the middle of the day hits the manager would then tell use over a walkie talkie how much we sold, and how everyone is doing with in the day. after that we have our break for lunch, after lunch we remain working until closing,
When we are to close we have to size the store, and organize everything before we are to leave.
Pros
lunch breaks, and discounts
Cons
short breaks
Changing management required adaptation.
Sales Associate/Intern (Current Employee) –  Asbury Park, NJDecember 4, 2016
Over the past few months management has changed due to managers either leaving the company or being let go. These changes occurred during important holidays as well as operations such as floor moves which required managers from other stores to come in and assist during those times. I had to continuously work under new management and learn to work under a new style about every two weeks.
Productive work environment and great experience
Assistant Store Manager/Men's Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 30, 2016
Working at Guess has been a great experience for me because I've learned so much. with me being so interested in the retail world, working at guess has challenged me to learn fabrics, styles, colors and much more. as a men's brand manager my daily job description is protecting my department and serving the customer our best styles. although it is challenging it has been a great gateway into visuals for my career.
Not the greatest...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Store 3260 MebaneNovember 30, 2016
Store 3260 has went down it seems, the store had lost 98 percent of the original employees that were there when I started. The hours are a joke and expect to work a second job. Advancement in the store is another joke. The store manager also can't handle stress...
Cons
Little pay, unstable management, very inconsistent hours
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 28, 2016
Alot of tasking and fast pace enviorment. Learned how to enrich clientele, keep people happy and involved. Customer-service was main priority.
fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2016
Hard work is key . Management was horrible. co workers were cool. the hardest part was having to be at for at 5 in the morning. the most enjoyable part was the customers.
Pros
Having a tab
Cons
The managers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2016
Absolutely love working here. They truly care about you. Very Health conscious company. Great benefits. Fun to work there. I wish I still worked there.
The best.!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 23, 2016
Awesome team! They are more than just coworkers, you get a very good vibe from the store and it's always fun and jokes with them all but never forget to sell and make numbers!
Great to work for and everyone is kind
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 23, 2016
I like working here. Everyone has been nice to me. They has nice sales. I great customers ask if they are looking for anything in particular, cashier, and fitting room,
Serious Enviornment
PLM Programmer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2016
I started as an Intern and then was given full time opportunity. I got an opportunity to learn about PLM. Co-workers were good not all were friendly. Very serious environment.
fun place to work
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 18, 2016
For a first time job, retail is the way to go. flexible with hours, fun, and a good learning experience. You learn people skills, and how to sell.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work for
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 15, 2016
Guess has a fun job atmosphere, the people and coworkers make the job enjoyable. They offer discount perks and incentives for making your monthly sales goals.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace
Guess Assesories (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Guess Was A Great Place To Learn Good Communication Skills , You Where Able To Get Over Your Shy Stages Because Of The Responsibities I Really Liked Being A Team Member There
Pros
Your choice of dresscode, Hour lunches
Cons
Communication skills with employess
guess
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 10, 2016
it was a decent job, i liked picking and packing and working in a warehouse. I'd like to do something similar in the future.
productive workplace
Retailer (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXNovember 10, 2016
Nice outgoing work environment. Workers create a very positive place for customers, and workers. Management was very helpful. Enjoyed helping and meeting new people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short break
Decent Company
Design Operational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2016
Guess is overall a pretty decent company to work for. When the new CEO came in, the company obviously had a lot of major changes. One of those changes were budget cuts and employees being laid off.

Company was strict about a few things but overall I liked working for the company prior to the New CEO.
Great Atmosphere
Licensing Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2016
My internship at guess was very informative and a great learning experience. The environment and culture of the company was fun and always exciting. The managers were extremely helpful.
It's retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2016
Working retail isn't the easiest job. the actual work it involves is not difficult but rather the effort and time you put in makes days at work drag on. The people you work with make it a lot more enjoyable however the customers that come in make an absolute mess of the store. Management was questionable for me only because they did not fully train me until I was a month into working at the store. Overall it's not a bad job, its a good "first-time" job to build your experience
My Experience at Guess
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PANovember 6, 2016
Not a great experience . Although the salary was great, Tasks outweigh customer service. LP issues was another factor (Two people scheduled for a large store) I was there a few months and All management quit because the store was always a mess and totally unorganized due to tasking. Pressure was too great and they lost good people. I have been in retail management for 20 years and never had such a horrible experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guess. Our community is ready to answer.