Guess Employee Reviews

Great people
District Visual Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2017
Teams were great but lacked corporate level structure. The position I was poached for quickly became less corporate and more in store level. Ultimately it wasn't the right fit.
fun workplace, memorable environment, great employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809March 17, 2017
When I started to work at GUESS for seasonal, I already knew that I would love working at this store because the environment is speaking to you saying "Hey friend, welcome to our store, be yourself and have fun shopping" management is family and nothing can change that. the culture is very diverse and very welcomed. the most enjoyable part was having competition between co-workers.
Fun but not room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 16, 2017
When i came to the company I was sold on the idea of advancement in the workplace but when it came time to be promoted the position was taken away. There is constant change in management. Raises are rarely given, but its a fun place to work if you love fashion. The company is constantly evolving and there is always something new to learn.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay
Challenging, fun, face paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work if you have a passion for fashion, people and sales. My favorite part of my job was working with the staff. Developing them and watching them grow. While on the sales floor, my favorite part was working with our loyalty members who specifically came in looking for me.
Pros
fun enviroment, great product
Cons
too operationally focused. A bigger focus on selling is needed
Less than expected
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 15, 2017
While the staff and managwment are very friendly and geeat co-workers the company itself is quite underwhelming. Little to no payment, unresonable with work shifts and pay, and barely any room for advancements.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Wages, scheduleling, corporate communication
A Place For the Young and Mindless
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 14, 2017
I think this job is good but it could of been a lot better. The thing is I started working at this place at 18 and the upper management made me feel welcome like any other job should, but only after a week or two things quickly changed. They dropped me into some favoritism category thing and made me feel as if all my time spend there was unnecessary and not worth it. It's not like I reached late or didn't do my job to they're standards, I did everything 110% and still got under paid, unappreciated, and over worked.
Great place for a starter job
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 14, 2017
This establishment is a wonderful place to get a seasonal, part time or full time job. The manager is wonderful and very supportive. the atmosphere is very hip.
Pros
awesome emplyee discount
No moving up
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 14, 2017
Working for guess was horrible Once I revived my check I automatically waist on clothes why because the required a specific outfit on weekends and the manager had favoritism and you'll only get 20 hrs week but if your good at selling you'll get more hours. I'll admit I was on the top 3 sellers and I did get up to 28 hours but only cause I sold and always made more of my sph goal but if you don't make your sph you'll only get 20 or less hours
Pros
Looking nice
Cons
Heels for a least 4 hrs. Management.
A motivational company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 10, 2017
I liked working for this company because because the employees were focused on a team environment and worked together towards a positive goal everyday. Amen
Pros
Working for a company focused on success
Productive and very fun.
Nv 80106 - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2017
We had slow days and faster days. It was a good time to work in Guess Factory. Some days it would get stressful but nothing you can handle. It was very nice working.
Very Productive Environment
HR/Ops Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 10, 2017
If your looking for a challenge. This company is for you. You need to be able to adapt quickly to change and catch every curve ball the company throws at you. The culture and people are great. Upper management could be a little more organized and compensation could be better but other than that the benefits of working with the company are great.
Love it.
Cashier and Sales Associate. (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 9, 2017
Great retail experience for anyone looking to start a new career. I've learned a lot and have gained valuable lessons that will carry over to any job.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 7, 2017
This job was fun and a confidence builder as providing great customer service is the most important. It was a small store so there weren't too many associates and you had one on one time with your client.
Pros
Time
Cons
Selling goals with no customer traffic
An Amazing First Job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 6, 2017
Working at GUESS? was an amazing experience especially the way they make you feel at home. I've learned how to work with different customers and giving off sales. The hardest part is working with difficult customers and finding exactly their style when they don't know it. The best part of he job is satisfying customers and meeting the team set goal for that day.
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 4, 2017
I enjoyed working here while i was in college. I enjoyed the customers and helming pick out the cute clothes for children. The music was always on and placing out new shipment was exciting to see new styles.
Very Educational Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 2, 2017
This job let me in on business. The way to convert customers and use the system to my benefit. We were competitive among each other so I was constantly working towards a goal. I was given man managerial duties which prepped me to learn the aspects of management.
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Had to work with many people and make customers in store experience great and have great customer service skills. Check customers out and make sure they have everything they need.
Lack in Technology
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 25, 2017
GUESS is very behind in the times of technology. They have a very high turnover rate and it's due to the work lie balance. You are scheduled for a certain amount of hours, expected to work 10+ that amount but end up working 20+ that amount. There is no time for any employee to have a successful personal life and work there.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Learned a lot about retail and sales. Was only a temporary seasonal job with less than part time hours as my first job. Did well in sales but not my ideal place to work in the long run.
Cons
Not enough hours
helping customers through the store
SALE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Working retail there is no such thing as a typical day.It can vary from super busy to no customers. To friendly customers and to the extreme end. Working there has brought me out of my shell. When 90% of my job includes communicating, it has made me more comfortable approaching customers and helping them to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing regular customers remember me by name and asking for an outfit for a certain occasion. The hardest part of my day is dealing with customers with a strong character. It's hard to stay collected when they are raising their voice at me asking me to give them a cash refund when I have already told them the store policy.
Cons
same hours aren't guaranteed