Guggenheim Partners

Guggenheim Partners Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2014
Good work environment and great people to work with.
Opportunity to grow horizontally as they have multiple different businesses. A little improvement from Higher management would be some level of transparency and understanding and paying attention to employee needs.
Project and Technical lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2014
Project and Technical lead for migration of 600 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was lead for 2 technicians as I setup and implemented the migration process. I was able to complete the project 2 months early. They had us move to a new project of setting up all the users printers to a new printer server.

• Migration and building of computers for all users in the Guggenheim Partners organization including Managers and VIP customers.
• Migration of user programs and data and setting up their computers with minimium downtime.
• Use of Altiris software in building of computers and software installations.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets assigning users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Remedy electronic ticket database program.
• Providing hands on troubleshooting analyzing and resolving problems associated with PC hardware, operating systems, and application software; installing, configuring, and maintaining PC desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
Nice office in Rockville, MD
Investment Valuation Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 17, 2014
Successful and competitive company. There are some managerial and heavier research and analysis roles in this office, but the broad majority of the positions are support roles. The office has about 130 people.
Growing company with many bright employees.
UAT LEAD - WINDOWS 7 MIGRATION (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: they have a strong investment in the latest technologies.
Cons: cramped work spaces and no cafeteria.
Friendly people.
Fast-paced and demanding environment
Flexible work schedule.
A growing and effective platform
Vice President, High Yield (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Guggenheim is a top-tier asset manager with an eagerness to grow and branch-out into other business lines. Management is focused, professional, and willing to take risks.
Just okay
Investment/Operations Assistant (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 11, 2014
Little Opportunity for advancement, management not very good.
Growing organization with a great future outlook
Independent Financial Accountant (Former Employee), ChicagoJune 27, 2013
Pros: great work environment, growing organization, professional work environment
I was involved in with the account payable invoicing in the IT department processing invoices sent to me from business units all over the world. I took part in a successful transition of the account payable invoicing from the IT department to the accounting department.
Studious and Professional Place to Work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
Pros: amazing view of the city from their office
My time at Guggenheim was an amazing experience. The people their are top notch and very gracious to their contractors. They really go out of their way to make you feel like part of their office family.
Productive fully functioning Treasury department
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2013
Pros: team environment, flexible schedules
Cons: benefits, parking costs
Working here was a great chance to learn all about treasury operations. My department was extremely organized and everyone had very specific roles and goals. Because we were highly specialized it was imperative for us to work together as a team to reach our month end goals. The hardest part of this job was meeting month end deadlines. It required some late nights and early mornings but everyone was dedicated to the task at hand. I truly enjoyed working in a team environment. Management was primarily available for any questions you may have but allowed us each to work individually with minimal supervision.
6 year employee
Director (Current Employee), USAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: compensation is great and you will learn a lot
Cons: very political
High stress, demanding environment. Very smart people but a culture that is not friendly.
Productive place to work with good people
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2012
*lots of phone calls, emails and follow ups on a daily basis
*learned about the equity markets and stock valuation
*management here is compotent and fair
*the hardest part of my job is managing expections and being involved in seemingly, every aspect of a mutual fund sales organization
*the most enjoyable part of my day is working with financial advisors and building relationships
Great Place to work in the Financial Sector
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: free snaks
Cons: bad management
Great place to work, and advane in the finacial sector

Typical day at work was 8:30 - 6:30

Mostenjoyable part was learning new and advances processes

About Guggenheim Partners

Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $210 billion in assets under management as of June – Read more