Guggenheim Partners Employee Reviews

Great Firm
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
Full-service investment banking and capital markets capabilities including advisory, financing, sales and trading, and research.
Comprehensive advice for insurance companies on asset liability management, capital and expense management, and transactions and products.
Productive and enjoyable employees
Information Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working the job was being apart of the team and enjoying casual conversation with the Service Desk members.
Good talent, long hours
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2016
Good talent at the company, can be long hours depending on the department.

They pay and bonus well

They offer some free kitchen perks and good volunteer opportunities.
Forward looking, advanced, serious
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
I am honored to be a part of the Guggenheim brand, however, in the less than 2 years I have been here there have been 3 or 4 RIFs. Morale is very low. Career advancement is non-existent.

There are signs that things may turn around as far as employee satisfaction, but until then there is still much to do.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
low morale
amazing work place to wotk
VMware Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
staff was really supportive and quite positive ambiance was there and management was also good
and the work environment was amazing and particularly my tasks i loved to do it
Guggenheim Manager
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
Great opportunity to learn about various aspect of the compliance businesses. Lots of reorganization/change of management.
No review
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Because these managers have no experience, they have unrealistic expectations of their employees. This sets people up for failure and creates a terrible work environment. I (and others) learned the hard way that you can't trust anything management says. I never knew where I stood and I suffered anxiety attacks on a regular basis. HR is not helpful.
Compliance Officer, Consultant, Central Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
Excellent place to work with supportive management. My co-workers are all team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the free snack and drinks they provide to all employees.
Good work environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2014
Good work environment and great people to work with.
Opportunity to grow horizontally as they have multiple different businesses. A little improvement from Higher management would be some level of transparency and understanding and paying attention to employee needs.
Great job
Marketing and Design (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2014
Great job in my field. I enjoyed working with Guggenheim Partners.
Project and Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2014
Project and Technical lead for migration of 600 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was lead for 2 technicians as I setup and implemented the migration process. I was able to complete the project 2 months early. They had us move to a new project of setting up all the users printers to a new printer server.

• Migration and building of computers for all users in the Guggenheim Partners organization including Managers and VIP customers.
• Migration of user programs and data and setting up their computers with minimium downtime.
• Use of Altiris software in building of computers and software installations.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets assigning users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Remedy electronic ticket database program.
• Providing hands on troubleshooting analyzing and resolving problems associated with PC hardware, operating systems, and application software; installing, configuring, and maintaining PC desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
Nice office in Rockville, MD
Investment Valuation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 17, 2014
Successful and competitive company. There are some managerial and heavier research and analysis roles in this office, but the broad majority of the positions are support roles. The office has about 130 people.
Growing company with many bright employees.
UAT LEAD - WINDOWS 7 MIGRATION (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Friendly people.
Fast-paced and demanding environment
Flexible work schedule.
Pros
They have a strong investment in the latest technologies.
Cons
Cramped work spaces and no cafeteria.
A growing and effective platform
Vice President, High Yield (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Guggenheim is a top-tier asset manager with an eagerness to grow and branch-out into other business lines. Management is focused, professional, and willing to take risks.
Just okay
Investment/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 11, 2014
Little Opportunity for advancement, management not very good.
Growing organization with a great future outlook
Independent Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 27, 2013
I was involved in with the account payable invoicing in the IT department processing invoices sent to me from business units all over the world. I took part in a successful transition of the account payable invoicing from the IT department to the accounting department.
Pros
Great work environment, growing organization, professional work environment
Studious and Professional Place to Work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
My time at Guggenheim was an amazing experience. The people their are top notch and very gracious to their contractors. They really go out of their way to make you feel like part of their office family.
Pros
Amazing view of the city from their office
Productive fully functioning Treasury department
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2013
Working here was a great chance to learn all about treasury operations. My department was extremely organized and everyone had very specific roles and goals. Because we were highly specialized it was imperative for us to work together as a team to reach our month end goals. The hardest part of this job was meeting month end deadlines. It required some late nights and early mornings but everyone was dedicated to the task at hand. I truly enjoyed working in a team environment. Management was primarily available for any questions you may have but allowed us each to work individually with minimal supervision.
Pros
team environment, flexible schedules
Cons
Benefits, Parking Costs
6 year employee
Director (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 10, 2013
High stress, demanding environment. Very smart people but a culture that is not friendly.
Pros
compensation is great and you will learn a lot
Cons
very political
Productive place to work with good people
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2012
*lots of phone calls, emails and follow ups on a daily basis
*learned about the equity markets and stock valuation
*management here is compotent and fair
*the hardest part of my job is managing expections and being involved in seemingly, every aspect of a mutual fund sales organization
*the most enjoyable part of my day is working with financial advisors and building relationships

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guggenheim Partners. Our community is ready to answer.