Project and Technical lead for migration of 600 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Project and Technical lead for migration of 600 computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was lead for 2 technicians as I setup and implemented the migration process. I was able to complete the project 2 months early. They had us move to a new project of setting up all the users printers to a new printer server.
• Migration and building of computers for all users in the Guggenheim Partners organization including Managers and VIP customers.
• Migration of user programs and data and setting up their computers with minimium downtime.
• Use of Altiris software in building of computers and software installations.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets assigning users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Remedy electronic ticket database program.
• Providing hands on troubleshooting analyzing and resolving problems associated with PC hardware, operating systems, and application software; installing, configuring, and maintaining PC desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.