guidance Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Professional and respectful team
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 12, 2016
A great environment for those who want to help out their community and excel in providing mental health/substance abuse assistance.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
A flexible position with diverse population and works well around school schedules.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 23, 2016
I worked overnights 4 nights a week with the Alternative Center for Family Based Services. I documented for Juvenile Probation updates during the night, I inventoried and counted medications. I was responsible for new intakes with children during the night, maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, and also waking children up for school in the morning.
Pros
Quiet work environment, flexible, diverse populations, medications supports
Cons
Small agency
medical records
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  federal way waDecember 23, 2013
scan and enter information into the computer for doctors. Work as a team player.
Working at Northrop in GN&C
(GN&C), Fire Scout (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2013
The typical day at work varies based on the current assigned task. It could be review flight test data, making code updates, verifying code, or documenting the code.

I've learned the complete infrastructure of the air vehicle at a system level and a lot of industry used computer applications to manage data.

The hardest part of the job is letting go of an enjoyable task when customer budget gets reduced.
Management had a unique scheduling system that actually worked and was as a result there was nearly no turn over rate, and stress levels were very low
Juvenile Justice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2012
A typical day started off at home as this was your office. I would review my schedule and go out into the community to see my caseload for the day. I would have about 4 scheduled per day on average. I would than do linking and coordinating for each case and complete paperwork and update electronic record. There were no typical days, however, usually we had court hearings and every Wednesday we had office day. I learned that working with at risk youth is a good fit for me. I also learned that working from home seems ineffective for a social work job, but it's just the opposite. Social Work agencies have trouble with burnout and turnaround, but I feel if more organizations offered a work from home option, it may solve a lot of the burnout and retention issues that the field tends to see. Management was great. Very team oriented and helpful. They were always available to me if I needed assistance and knew the case histories and names and faces too. The co-worker's I had, although I am not there any longer I still maintain contact with almost all of them. Everyone was very supportive and helpful of each other. It was a true team attitude. The hardest part was being that so many different funder's and stakeholders were involved, we had too many policy inconsistencies and it caused a great deal of confusion for everyone.Policy makers and funders were not communicating with each other on what they wanted and this made things very difficult a lot of times. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a young person made a significant change in their life, like stop using illegal substances,  more... or started going back to school, anything that a youth did that they once said or thought they would never be able to do, and than seeing them overcome this huge, obstacle was the best. It sets a standard for how a person will behave in the future. If a youth overcomes something they never thought they could when their young, then, I believe, that they will carry that drive with them through adulthood and continue to take on obstacles in order to become successful adults.  less
Pros
working from home
Cons
my position was not secure. it was contract only.